Holding me hostage at night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not quite sure if this should be here or in nighttime parenting/family bed...

I co-sleep with ds. I nurse him to sleep side-lying. Even if I wait an hour after he is sleeping, I can't get away! As soon as I de-latch him, he wakes up furious. I can't sleep well with him holding my nipple hostage. I have small boobs and I have to keep my back arched to keep it in his mouth. Not to mention, dh and I have yet to dtd since his delivery 10 weeks ago. We are ready! DD who is 27 months cries to sleep (my dh lays with her and co-sleeps with her so she isn't alone.) She wants me to put her to bed, and I cant b/c ds needs to go to bed first. Even if he stayed up later, he marithon nurses in the evening so I couldn't give him to dh while I put dd to bed. Sleeping all together doesn't work for many reasons. DS holding my nipple hostage is really causing problems. I need to get out of the bed for a bit after he is asleep. I can't even sneak out to pee! Please teach me how to make him give back my nipple! btw, He is not high needs, just a normal happy baby. During the day he naps in the swing happily, but wont sleep there at night. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Interested to hear others responses. My LO is the same way. I can typically get away after he is sounds asleep, but that can take over an hour. I however only have one child and don't mind being hostage while I sleep, except that my hips start to hurt! I've gotten the suggestion to give a pacifier, but my LO hates the pacifier, so that hasn't worked for us.
#3 of 5 Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM

I found that there was a window of opportunity after mine would fall asleep when I could escape undetected. I think it was about 10 minutes. More or less than that and they would wake up and I would be stuck! Good luck, I remember how hard those days were!
#4 of 5 Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM

I don't know how old your baby is, but I suggest delatching him over and over again, very patiently. Every time he complains, give it back, and then try again in a few minutes.

For my dd, the key was rolling her onto her tummy and helping her get her thumb. On her back her thumb would fall right out, but she sucked (and at 9mo, still does) that thumb ALL.NIGHT.LONG. I have no doubt that she would be an all night nurser if it weren't for her thumb.

Mommy to DD 5-07
#5 of 5 Old 02-11-2008, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

oh yes, the sore hips. That totally sucks! I will try to continually unlatch-re-latch tonight. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I want to avoid a paci, since we had bfing issues.

This sucks. I HAVE to find another way to have him sleep. I work nightshift part-time (start at 7pm) and have to go back to work in 2 weeks!

He is 10 weeks old today.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page