Night feeds and getting your cycle back? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently read somewhere that if you night feed while sitting up, rather that laying down, you get your menstrual cycle back? Anyone hear of this, or have any info on it?
My little guy is 8 weeks and I still have to sit up at night for the feeding on the left breast, due to a healing fissure. I had what was like a period a few weeks ago. I've breastfed my other 2 boys and never had a period until either after we weaned or after they were eating alot of solids.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna have periods, that's one of the many rewards of breastfeeding.
Not to mention, my dh is going in the his vasectomy this Friday, and I just want to be SURE, while he's working the swimmers out of his system, that we don't have an OOPS!
#2 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 04:35 PM

With dd I sat up and night nursed most of the time through the first 3m and then she slept through most of the night from 3m to 6m and from 6m on I probably fed her at night while laying down. I didn't get my cycle back until she was 19m, but she didn't start solids until around 10m.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#3 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 PM

Hmm... I've never heard that one, but that doesn't mean anything. There's lots of stuff I haven't heard. Anyhoo, I've night nursed w/both of my kiddos since they were itty bitty. I got my first PPAF when dd was 18m old and w/ds when he was 8m old. My dd took to solids much more than ds does and night nursed until she was 2.5yo. My ds is still night nursing at almost 20m. I've always thought from talking with friends who EBF and co-sleep that it's just one of those things that varies from woman to woman and child to child.
#4 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 PM

I've never heard that. I sat up to feed DS until he was around 4 months and have been side-lying at night ever since. He's almost 8 months now and still no sign of AF! *knock on wood* He hasn't really started solids yet, though, and he nurses every 2-3 hours around the clock.
#5 of 5 Old 03-06-2008, 04:20 PM

I only feed my son sitting up at night, and AF has not returned. He is 7 1/2 months old now. (I can't figure out the laying down thing.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page