Got offered at Lactation Job...wwyd - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got offered a job calling mom to encourage nursing. I am really excited about it. Would you do it at min wage? I think I would volunteer since I live in a town where only 10% of mom will even try. Anyway just wanted some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would do it at min wage. Who is offering the job? If they had the money to pay, I'd take it. If a not for profit org, then I'd volunteer.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#3 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
I would do it at min wage. Who is offering the job? If they had the money to pay, I'd take it. If a not for profit org, then I'd volunteer.
Yeah! What a great opportunity to advocate for women and children.
#4 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Depends on how much time commitment it was - but if you can fit it in your schedule and it won't hurt you financially go for it!
#5 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

its with the local health dept. and its a 3 hour a week commitment. so nothing major. I have a itty bitty so that is all I would do regardless. I am going in tomm to talk to them and make sure that they believe like I do...other wise it will not work out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page