Talk to me about Domperidone and Reglan - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wanting to find out people's experiences with these drugs. Anyone care to share?
#2 of 4 Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM

There's a thread about domperidone on BF Challenges:

Generally, domperidone is seen as equivalent to Reglan, without the high possibility of psychiatric side effects.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=461626&page=1

Also see the "low milk supply" sticky at the top of the BF challenges forum for other non-drug ways to increase your milk and/or pumped output.

HTH.

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
#3 of 4 Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 PM

I've been taking Dom for about a year with no negative side effects (that I'm aware of). Now, if I lose, like, 30 lbs after I stop taking it, then that was a negative side effect, but for now, I'm chalking up my non-weight-loss to nursing in general.

I have a family (though not personal) history of depression, and so didn't want to take Reglan (which is what my OB initially advised). I haven't had any depressive issues, no unusual mental states (though I'm typically wacky, so take that with a grain), so I've been satisfied with my experience.

The decision is yours, and there is plenty of information on this site if you search Domperidone, so I wish you luck with whichever choice you make!

eva
#4 of 4 Old 04-13-2008, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have bee taking Regelan once daily for about two weeks but took a course of it when baby was about three weeks old for twelve days to see if I had any neg. side eeftects. i didn't, but I'm also on Zoloft for post-partum anxiety.
It has helped with my supply but not incredibly. I am also taking fenugreek, eating oatmeal daily, and having a bit of caffiene to help with supply. Have you been pumping? I've heard frequency is better than quantity, but it feels so good to produce more milk after not pumping for several hours. I have to to pump exclusively for my baby due to cleft lip and palate.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page