sore nipples during pms - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-27-2003, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I just got my period back a few months ago and my 16 mo old son is still nursing quite heavily. During pms my nipples are so sore during nursing I can barely take it. I actually had to wean a few nursings just to get through. I have lanisoh and a healing salve but this pain seems to come more from the inside. It goes away when I get my period. Has happened 3 times now. So far the periods have come like clockwork, and by the moon!

Anybody have similar problem or better yet, luck with a similar problem? ps: I don't take otc stuff or prescrips at all, so alternative suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks, Mary
#2 of 4 Old 09-27-2003, 11:34 AM

Same thing happened to me when I first got it back. Loading up on the calcium (through foods like kale, salmon, fortified OJ, etc.) seemed to help for me. It went away after my body "noramlized". I hope the same for you!!
#3 of 4 Old 11-27-2003, 12:54 AM

I was searching through looking for posts on this and was so happy to find yours! I have been having the same problem. I was just describing it to a lactation consultant and I said the same thing, that the pain wasn't a skin pain, it seemed to come from the inside.

For me, this is lasting almost a week before I get my period. It's making me consider weaning, it feels so awful. I just BF and grit my teeth sometimes. Not good.

So did calcium work for you, MaryTG?
#4 of 4 Old 11-27-2003, 08:43 AM

It's just before my periods and my nipples are sore, I thought it was because my 18 month old is at the breast so much. I do take a calcium supplement. It's funny - I hadn't really connected the two together - but I'll be watching to see if this happens everytime before my periods. I'm just hanging in there - I am determined to let dd self wean.
Things always seem better, when I eat really well. No sugar, and no dairy - but I have been bad lately.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page