What nipple cream to have on hand? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-11-2008, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 37 weeks and getting things ready. I know with my first the first few days were ROUGH and I used the Lansinoh lanolin cream. Is that the way to go or have you found something else that works better. I have my pump ready and I got me a new nursing bra (so now I have two that fit) and I am thinking the only other thing I might need is some of that cream. Anything else I am missing?
#2 of 9 Old 05-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Personally, I stuck with expressed milk. It felt at least as good as Lansinoh, it was free, and I'd heard from LCs I trust that it works as well in the few studies that have been done.
#3 of 9 Old 05-11-2008, 01:56 AM

I like lansinoh, because it was less sticky than breastmilk. BM is free, but I dislike the sticky feeling of dried milk. The lansinoh usually didn't feel that sticky, and on top of that, it makes a great diaper cream, chapstick, all kinds of stuff. So I just bought a couple of tubes of it. (one to dedicate to diaper cream, and one for everything else.)
#4 of 9 Old 05-11-2008, 08:50 AM

I love Motherlove Herbal Company's Nipple Cream. It is organic and vegan. It is not as sticky as lanolin and does not stain like lanolin. I did not see you menin breastpads on your list. Don't forget those.
#5 of 9 Old 05-11-2008, 10:01 AM

Earth Mama Angel Baby (Plus, in case ya care, it's vegan. )

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#6 of 9 Old 05-16-2008, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

THANKS so much for the responses! I got a tube of Lansinoh and I am thinking about getting one of the motherlove or the earth mama angel baby stuff
I have several boxes of the pads. I think I have the Lansinoh disposable pads so I am set on that for a while
#7 of 9 Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Earth Mama Angel Baby (Plus, in case ya care, it's vegan. )
This stuff is awesome! The first week I had cracked and bleeding nipples and I tried the Lansinoh the hospital gave me but it didn't do much to help. The Earth Mama stuff healed my nips in 2 days! I still use it after most feedings.

Wife to : DH and Mama to Abigail Rose 3/30/08 :
#8 of 9 Old 05-16-2008, 08:18 PM

I like this stuff:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-4316269-9375822?ASIN=B000PI97WY&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000PI97W Y|Bella_B_Nipple_Nurture_Nursing_Butter_Lotion_2.0 _oz.&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000PI97WY&ref=tgt_adv _XSG10001

I've also used lansinoh and prefer this one. It works well and doesn't stain like lansinoh does.
#9 of 9 Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 PM

One thing on the pads- if you have sore nipples, the cotton pads feel better, but you have to change them more often. But they let your body breathe more, so your nipples heal faster. I agree on the lanolin- it was the best for me!

Tags
Earth Mama Body Butter 8oz , Earth Mama Body Butter 4oz , Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 Ml Oil , Earth Mama Angel Baby Postpartum Recovery Bath Herbs , Earth Mama Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby C Mama Healing Salve , Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics , Earth Mama Angel Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page