You know you're a nursing mom when .... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4 
Breastfeeding > You know you're a nursing mom when ....
delly's Avatar delly 04:45 PM 05-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookel View Post

You think nothing of hefting your boobs in your hands in public to check which one is next up.

You evaluate all clothing by the criterion, "can I breastfeed in that?"

If you sleep topless, you lay a towel down on the bed first.
OMG these are TOTALLY me!!!

My playgroup moms think it's hilarious (in a good way, luckily ) because I'll just stick my hand up my shirt into my bra and just start jiggling away... "is this one full? nope, not this side..."

DD is almost 2, so she pops off a lot to chatter and look around and such, so I have to remember not to flash people in public... I have to consciously remind myself to cover up, because I don't think twice about it, it's so natural for us around the house. I haven't opened the door uncovered yet (thank God! ) but I have found myself doing the check-the-fullness routine in full view of strangers, not even trying to be discreet, I just forget and there I am in the mall with my hand up under my shirt bouncing the girls around to get a good idea of which one's next.

I have to admit that I do get frustrated sometimes with DD constantly demanding mommy milk, at almost 2 yrs she is very strong willed and knows what she wants and sometimes it's not convenient for me... but then when she has it and she's so happy and contented and snuggly, it just warms my heart. I do love how happy nursing makes her.

mkmoro311's Avatar mkmoro311 05:00 PM 05-15-2008
... you have a 20 minute conversation with yourself over wether or not having a beer with dinner is ok!
Carlyle's Avatar Carlyle 05:25 PM 05-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmamma View Post
The word "boob" has been turned into a verb.

"Is it time to boob her?"
"Is she still boobing?"

Yes! Oh Yes! I boob the baby all the time! That's hilarious
blueridgewoman's Avatar blueridgewoman 05:31 PM 05-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_water View Post
When your power goes out for 12 hours and you are thankful you don't have an urgent need for water or washing anything because your boobs are ready and waiting.
TOTALLY this- it happened to me this week in fact, and we just sat around all day and blissfully nursed.
althara's Avatar althara 06:03 PM 05-15-2008
...you forget to do up your nursing tank/bra and leave the house with one boob flopping around under your shirt.

...you're so used to nursing at home alone that you forget to pull down your shirt when you little one is done and you have company over.
krystyn33's Avatar krystyn33 07:05 PM 05-15-2008
DH points to you and asks DC, "Who is that?" expecting to hear "Mama," but instead DS responds by doing the sign for "milk/nurse."
Turkish Kate's Avatar Turkish Kate 05:49 PM 05-16-2008
I finally snapped a boobie smile!
jsnv's Avatar jsnv 08:20 PM 05-16-2008
---you see a friend in a cute dress and your first thought is how is she going to nurse in that, then you remember she hasn't nursed in over 2 year. Not everyone is nursing.
Beating Earth's Avatar Beating Earth 09:12 PM 05-16-2008
...your lo lets you know he wants to nurse by staring fixedly at the girls, repeatedly dive bombing them and tugging on your shirt. All at once. And in public too. And you don't mind at all.

I LOVE when DD does this!!!!
janasmama's Avatar janasmama 09:15 PM 05-16-2008
when you get out of the shower and your dc follows you around with an open mouth and grunting.
AkRotts's Avatar AkRotts 10:02 PM 05-16-2008
These are GREAT!!!!!

There are soooooooooo many that I can relate to

My favorites tho are boobie smiles

When I take my shirt off to get into bed and she immediately makes a beeline for my boobs and is latched on before I can even sit down:

Yes, whoever mentioned crying over spilled milk, I have done it on MORE than one occassion
milkeriffic mama's Avatar milkeriffic mama 11:20 PM 05-16-2008
you're DC immediately says "nehneh?" and starts prodding you in the boob if you have been away from him or her for more than half an hour.
Maggirayne's Avatar Maggirayne 11:45 PM 05-25-2008

pookel's Avatar pookel 12:11 AM 05-26-2008
Oh, I remembered another one.

When you are changing into pajamas at night, there's usually someone lying in bed staring at your breasts, and it's NOT your husband.

When your 3-year-old gives the baby helpful hints, e.g. "No biting, Simon!" and reminds him, "You not get milk from a COW, Simon. You too little. You get milk from MOMMY."
EviesMom's Avatar EviesMom 02:58 AM 05-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmoro311 View Post
... you have a 20 minute conversation with yourself over wether or not having a beer with dinner is ok!
Ditto for me on some days, other days it's whether I can have a second cup of coffee.
Happiestever's Avatar Happiestever 04:46 AM 05-26-2008
Press both of your nipples against your chest in public to stop the milk from streaming and giving your shirt a good soaking.

God, I am always feeling myself up in public. I should really stop that.
prancie's Avatar prancie 04:29 PM 05-26-2008
... you drape yourself over the carseat to nurse ninja-style, staying in the same awkward position for 20 minutes hoping baby will fall asleep so you can make the rest of the drive home in peace!
Danielle13's Avatar Danielle13 07:01 PM 05-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
when you get out of the shower and your dc follows you around with an open mouth and grunting.

dd always does this! she'll just stare at them yelling MOM MOOM MOOM!!!

I don't have any...these are all so good! and I'm totally guilty of most of them!

oooh! ok I got one! when your at a playgroup and someone elses lo lunges and latches on and you don't mind but your lo does! lol (true story )
newmama8824's Avatar newmama8824 11:41 PM 05-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMom2008 View Post
walk around the house with a "My Brest Friend" pillow strapped around your waist and one boob hanging out.

You hide your nipple shields from your nipple obsessed cat, who has been known to create his own fake nipples in your bedsheet by biting holes in the sheet until the mattress pad sticks through and then suckle on them for a while.

You bought a six month supply of fenugreek capsules online.

You've been known to spill large, crusty Italian breadcrumbs all over your obliviously suckling baby while trying to grab a bite to eat for dinner with an ill-advised choice of bread for sub sandwich.
OMG. So funny. I totally walk around the house with that damn pillow strapped around me all the time. I also always have a boobie hanging out.
Surfacing's Avatar Surfacing 11:51 PM 05-26-2008
....you cook large pots of barley soup and make pots and pots of fennel tea to generate a heartier supply, and are seriously excited about it when you see it making a difference!

....your weaned older child latches on in an effort to mimic baby and you wistfully remember earlier times...
slf's Avatar slf 03:58 PM 05-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesMom View Post
Ditto for me on some days, other days it's whether I can have a second cup of coffee.

ha ha! SO true!!!
LionessMom's Avatar LionessMom 04:14 PM 05-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiestever View Post
Press both of your nipples against your chest in public to stop the milk from streaming and giving your shirt a good soaking.

God, I am always feeling myself up in public. I should really stop that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama View Post
every time you sit down someone is trying to take your shirt off and it is not DP.
you no longer care about what your bra looks like as long as it opens/lifts up easy.
you get sad for babies when you pass the formula section.
russsk's Avatar russsk 01:21 PM 05-28-2008
...you're seriously worried that your kid's first word will be "boob."

And boobie smiles! Reminds me how worth it the four hours of pushing was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh_water View Post
You get all excited the day you realize you don't need nursing pads 24/7.
Oh my gosh, when does this happen???
Nicole_ac's Avatar Nicole_ac 02:13 PM 05-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by althara View Post
...you forget to do up your nursing tank/bra and leave the house with one boob flopping around under your shirt.
so true!
Rosebud1's Avatar Rosebud1 02:56 AM 05-30-2008
You beg your baby to "save some food for mommy" because you are ravenous all the time and feel like your baby is consuming all the caloric content of your body

You have flashed every friend who has ever visited you at your house

Your poor husband knows that part of your anatomy is off limits until baby is weaned

You have a post doctorate degree in the following subjects: plugged ducts, mastitis, block feeding, and foremilk

More people have seen your boobs than Pamela Anderson's
Lahlah's Avatar Lahlah 04:58 AM 06-01-2008
".... if you pump, you often wonder if your pump is talking to you"

My pump says some STRANGE things in the middle of the night!
transylvania_mom's Avatar transylvania_mom 09:55 AM 06-01-2008
...when your 3 y/o interrupts a conversation with friends or family with a very polite: mama, may I have a boobie please?
NewMama2007's Avatar NewMama2007 01:56 PM 06-01-2008
When you recognize another breastfeeding toddler because of the bald/thinning patches on their temples (where their head goes on your arm).

The sign for "milk" (we use it for dd to tell me when she wants to nurse) is also what she uses for "mom".
Momma2SoSweet's Avatar Momma2SoSweet 03:07 PM 06-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancie View Post
... you drape yourself over the carseat to nurse ninja-style, staying in the same awkward position for 20 minutes hoping baby will fall asleep so you can make the rest of the drive home in peace!
I've had to do this on road trips before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janasmama
As soon as I get out of the shower I dive into the bedroom to at least get a bra on- or I walk around with my arms covering my breasts- or I would NEVER be able to get clothes on.

- When you ask your lo if they are hungry, they say grope your breast, smack their lips and say "yeah! yeah!"
torio's Avatar torio 12:46 AM 06-02-2008
What a great thread!

I have answered the door with both twins latched on. We used to joke that DD's latch was so strong that I could walk around w/ her hanging from one boobie. Now that they're older I love how they hug and cuddle my boobs. DS just opens his mouth wide with the expectation that the mama boobie will magically appear in his mouth. It does! I also love that if one babe begins to nurse the other one doesn't want to miss out. I'm not so crazy about the musical boobies game of switching places, but have become completely comfortable bearing both breasts while NIP when they do.
1  2  3 4 

Up