Nursing Pads- Washable ones - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Moms,
I used Gerber nursing pads for my last two and I was not happy with them. I would like to try something better. I heard Lanolin makes good ones but read the reviews they are not as good they say they are. I am thinking about getting hemp/flannel nursing pad. What are you review about those or do you have a better recommendation?
#2 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 PM

Lurking cause I wanna hear too! I want to know why when I look for washable pads, no one's making pretty ones like you find for mama cloth. I want funky pads in my bras in rainbows of colors!
#3 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 12:51 PM

What about the gerber didn't you like? I use them and they are great. The only thing I don;t like about nursing pads is when my babe reaches down my bra and pulls them out in public when I am chatting with someone! So embarrassing!
#4 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 04:34 PM
slf

:

i'd like to hear too!

Sandi- firmly attached mama to DS (Feb/08) cautiously expecting #2 09/10
#5 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 04:38 PM

I used the Bravado washable ones and was very happy with them - but I'm not a huge leaker so not sure if they're super-absorbent.

Michelle, mama to Isabelle (03/04) and Tom (02/07)
#6 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 PM

I made myself some flannel ones this time around and, seriously, I'm wondering why I didn't do so when I was nursing my other 2! If you have a sewing machine, some flannel and thread, you can easily make some yourself. I just cut some flannel circles (leftover flannel from other projects) approx. 5 inches in diameter, layered 4-5 of them together, did a straight stitch about 1/4" away from the edge, trimmed close to the seam and then did a tight zig-zag stitch all the way around so they wouldn't unravel in the wash. They're super comfortable and cute (I have blue toile and funky pink and brown polka dots).

Mama to my 3 wild things.

#7 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 07:48 PM

I made a bunch of nursing pads that are white flannel on one side and pink fleece on the other with several layers (4-5) for a not for profit that went sideways so I have a bunch of packages in two sizes if anyone is interested.

They come 6 to a package in a pretty pink organza bag. PM me if you are interested,
#8 of 9 Old 05-26-2008, 11:23 PM

I highly recommend wool nursing pads. This seems counterintuitive for a Texan...but I've tried 5 different types of pads in the past month, and these are the coolest, least obvious, most soothing, and the quickest to dry. I bought them at a local store, but I'm sure you could find some online.

Rain
#9 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 AM

I use and like Bravado ones as well. I've tried other, I think cotton ones, but they stick to me and haven't held up as well.

DD 7/07 DS 1/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page