Ugh! Apparent breast infection. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas. I don't ususally frequent this board, but methinks I'm coming down with a breast infection today. Ds (3 months) nursed normally all last night, but I woke up with engorged breasts, soreness in both, one with red streaking, and fluish symptoms. Everything aches, my neck & back are stiff & my joints really hurt. This sucks.

I had it happen once before when dc#2 was a few weeks old, I took to bed for 2-3 days and felt fine after that. But today dh is out of town until Monday at midnight, followed immediately by leaving again on Tuesday until Friday. With 4 littles, I'm not sure how much rest is in my immediate future....

I guess I just wanted to whine. THanks for listening.

~Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 12:46 AM

Kat

If I was closer, I would come watch the kidlets for you

I hope you heal quickly(talk to Baraka about what to take!)

K

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Old 06-20-2008, 02:49 PM

I've had 3 breast infections w/baby#3 in the past 10 months & that is how mine started, too.

Are you feeling better now?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:11 PM

ohhhh, bless your heart!!! I am soooo sorry!! I had one with my first son when he was a week old and I NEVER want to experience that again!! I am feeling for you.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Do you have a fever? If you do and it doesn't break within 24 hours, you may want to consider a call to your health professional to see if antibiotics may help. I had mastitis 2 times that needed antibiotics and several other more mild infections that just needed rest and time. But if you do need the antibiotics, do call as you don't want to end up with a breast abcess.... Take care of yourself!

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
Old 06-20-2008, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

I am feeling better now, thanks! My fever broke within 24 hours but the pain took a bit longer to finally go away, and I still had a definite lump on the left even after that, it's finally getting smaller now. Dh is going to work a bit on it tonight and see if we can't break it up. Ds just isn't as strong a nurser as his siblings have been! I'm avoiding underwires too, which I'm shameless about wearing. I KNOW I shouldn't wear them......

Anyway, thanks for the positive thoughts, ladies!

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees

User Tag List