What do you call it? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2008, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ah-aahs. That's what I started out saying to get her to open her mouth when she was first born. She started mimicking me on day 4. She "says" it now (at nearly 5mo) when I'm otherwise occupied and clueless that that's what she wants. Sometimes it's just AAAH as she latches on. Heh.

signature currently in transition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 05:46 PM

In our house it it mostly called "boos boos". I have no idea how it started. My twins now say "Mama Ayden wants boos boos" whenever he starts to fuss. DP on the other hand has a gazzilion names for it, including Da-eery (think about that stupid milk commercial where the people from the other planet/world called the cow that), and boober juice.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Jay View Post
We call it "Ninnies" It has always been the family term so I am just carrying it on.
My son called it ninnies all on his own. I refer to it as milk or time to nurse, but when he was probably 10-14 months old, he started saying ninny (probably meaning nursing?) and it stuck. Now when he wants to nurse, he asks for ninnies and often claims my 'ninnies' as "baby's ninnies!" (he's 25 mos. old)

My 2nd son said 'boobies' and that was embarassing at times since we nursed until just before his 3rd birthday and he was very verbal very early - especially when he was trying to pull my shirt up in the middle of the mall and screaming "boobies!!" at me

Wife to one amazing man, unschooly mama to 2 boys daily (8/99 and 6/06), mom to 4 boys (6/94 and 2/00) and countless exchange students, praying to someday homebirth a daughter...
Old 07-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Mommy milk. We've always called it that since we call milk fromt he fridge, cow milk.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 PM

it's called milky here...and DS calls my breasts boobs/boobies. But for asking for it, we taught/will teach milky. It is cutesy, but I can't help myself
Old 07-23-2008, 06:41 PM

We used the term "nurse". And my breasts are "nurses". EBF isn't really common in my area. And if she was going to say something about wanting to nurse or about my breasts, I wanted it to be immediately obvious to people why that is.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 PM

When dd was an infant, we referred to it as "boobie" and then dh had the wonderful thought that she'd likely be BF when she was verbal so we might want to find a new name for it.....That's when "me me" was born. Me me has a life of it's own here since dd nursed until almost 4y when her little brother took over.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Old 07-24-2008, 12:26 AM

We call it nummies here and num-nums for short!!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaterPrimaePuellae View Post
Cutesy names annoy me, too. We call it nursing, and I still just call my breasts... breasts. DD's not much of a talker, but she knows most body parts (for pointing) and will point and say "Bweh."
I find "boobies" mildly offensive in any context. It's too eighties-teenage-boyish for me.
:

But I usually ask if he wants milk. I use "nurse" maybe 10-20% of the time.

And as a side note, we call the other white stuff "bovine lactational secretion" so he won't get confused.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Banned

Dd took so long to even start talking 2+ yrs, I didn't care what she called it!

She mainly asks for "nuk" which is her saying "milk". I've heard her say, "boo boo", "boob", and "nurse" as well.

I the last few weeks she's been just cuddling up to me and saying, "I wub you too mama" and fishing it out of my shirt.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:40 PM

Friends call it chi-chis and ninnies and I noticed ds has decided it's mmm mmmm mmmm mmmm when he wants to nurse. So I guess he calls it mmm even though I'd been calling it nursies and milkies.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 AM

we call it milk, milks, milkies, nurse (wanna nurse?) and boobin (gotta lay down with the baby she needs a boobin)
mainly i just ask if she wants milk and we sign milk.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Old 07-25-2008, 04:32 PM

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these. A favorite of mine recently is "nummies" although LO isn't calling them anything yet. We switch terms a lot (want: to nurse? boobies? milkies? to eat?), so we'll see what SHE picks!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:36 AM

We call them "nee nees". DS signs for them.

Sheila, mother to William and Min Hee, wife of David
Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 AM

Fun thread! My DD calls it na-na, as in "I need to eat na-nas, mama!" She came up with this on her own; I didn't actively encourage any name in particular. She does know that I will occasionally refer to them as "boobs" but she knows I don't like it when she says it. She also knows the word "nurse" but she only uses that in relation to her dolls, toys, etc., when she wants me to "nurse" them.

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010

User Tag List