tori spelling ... grrr - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...... "mirrors breast milk" ........ wouldn't that mean it was the precise opposite of breast milk? Y'know? Mirror image? ...... Just saying.....

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." â E.B. White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 PM

The sheer stupidity of this woman astounds me.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM

Tori Spelling wouldn't be able to spout her idiocracies (is this an actual word?) on The View if it weren't for Daddy. She got famous when she was on his show and it is probably essentially his money that got her the ability for her reality show.

Last summer I saw/heard (if I was in another room working) her on a couple of shows basically adverstising Nutri-System and how great it was in her weight loss. (I think she said that she didn't like that her baby weight wasn't coming off quickly.) At the time, I was blissfully eight months pregnant and thought the whole thing was silly. I still do. I lost most of my baby weight by five months, by not dieting, eating whole real foods, etc., and exclusively breastfeeding. (It was five and a half months that we started cereal.)

Blech. If Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck are such supporters of breastfeeding, why did they keep their mouths shut, especially after the earlier conversation? I quit watching the show when Rosie O'Donnell was on.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 AM

I stopped watching The View when Lisa Ling left. But Tori's Reality show has been a guilty pleasure for me this summer, so I *happened* to be doing a Tivo search on Tori and *happened* to watch her visit on The View.

First of all, the whole cross-nursing thing being on the news this week flabbergasts me. The media latched onto extreme behavior and fixates on that, rather than issues relating to breastfeeding that represent the majority of women's experiences. I actually agreed with Joy's comments about nursing being intimate. Sherri and Elizabeth were sort of confusing breast milk donation with actually cross-nursing. With cross-nursing, there is a risk of contamination. Breastfeeding *is* actually intimate. And every mother's milk is uniquely suited to the needs of her baby, depending on age, etc. I have no idea why Whoopi kept going on about babies not knowing their own mothers. Again, I felt that only Joy kept challenging her on that. Maybe Whoopi, who I believe had her daughter as a teenager, didn't have the most, um, I don't know, attached relationship with her baby. Or maybe she was just going for the comedy.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 AM

anyone find video of this on the net? i'd love to see it.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 AM

Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 AM

omg i'm watching right now!!! holy crap i'm shocked. she MUST be getting paid to endorse. must be.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama View Post
omg i'm watching right now!!! holy crap i'm shocked. she MUST be getting paid to endorse. must be.
I wouldn't be surprised. She also endorsed Fuzzi Bunz, but I never once saw Liam in CD. (Yes, I got sucked into her reality show : mostly because her son is so darn cute!)

Jaime ~ married to Chad, mommie to Elaine shamrocksmile.gif 03/17/08, 3rdtri.gif due 02/14/11 joy.gifHappy Valentines Day!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM

She obviously just doesn't care enough to find out the truth and provide the best for her baby. Some people are just like that....
Too bad for her baby that she's that ignorant.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM

Did Tori Spelling ever have to think for herself? She says and does things as she's told to do. That said, unfortunately she may still have some kind of following, no one I've spoken to : but yeah, someone will likely follow her "advice of BS!"

~Patricia~, wife to D, mom to V:, mummy to S/C : , ::. Learning how to be a GREAT mom to my autistic twins and loving it!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:15 PM

I wrote a letter of complaint to the View about her appearance, and stated that I hope they will have someone on the show who actually knows what they are talking about. I Think it would be great if the mothering community bombard them with letter until the put a expert on. here is the contact page for the show. http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask if all of us start to write to them with correct information and suggestions for experts we can probably get some correct information on the show., Like a virtual nurse-in.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 AM

My one vice was watching "The View" in the morning. My husband covered his mouth when she made her comments and looked to see my reaction. I just turned it off. She sounded so stupid. What bothers me is how many women will be influenced by her comments.

What an airhead.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 AM

Enfamil "mirrors" BM?

Wow...who knew.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:36 PM

Here is a link to the clip if you have not seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQf12KuEBJc again please write in and complain to the show. http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

i just had to come back and say....

I <<heart>> Rosie!!!

(ok im finished now)

Mama to Amelia - age 6

User Tag List