tori spelling ... grrr - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ya so she just said that she thought that the "new research" says that babies only need to bf for 2 weeks and that enfamil "mirrors" bm?!??

gosh it pisses me off when ppl talk out their a**es

oh ya, it was on the view...if anyone cares

they were also talking about moms that bf or give bm to other babes b4 tori came on. oddly enough, that wasnt a bad convo...

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#2 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 12:50 PM

I guess she is using her fame to push her agenda against bfing.
#3 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM

I just saw that! I am fuming mad. What a moron. How many women are going to follow this advise because Tori Spelling said it....:

I normally don't watch The View. I'm wishing I hadn't chosen today to see it.
#4 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM

she doesn't seem like the smartest cookie in the world... so if anybody follows because she says something... hmm well they are not very smart either LOL
#5 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 03:25 PM

It's Tori Spelling on the View. Enough said.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#6 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
It's Tori Spelling on the View. Enough said.
!!!

so true. Really, using TS on the V as a source of advice for parenting would be like asking a 4-year-old for advice on what car to buy. "Red car- shiny!"

Still, annoying just the same.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#7 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Well, if anyone has seen her show-she is really superstitious. She has very silly ideas about pregnancy too. So I think it just may come from her listenting to and taking everyone elses advice instead of following her instincts.

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#8 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 03:35 PM

Seriously people, we could be doing something a LOT more constructive than watching Tori Spelling...like counting how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, counting the sheets of toilet tissue to make sure there really ARE 500 sheets, watching paint dry, listening to bad 80s music, or cleaning out the inside of your dishwasher...see....LOTS of better things to do than watching her
#9 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeaFarmer View Post
Well, if anyone has seen her show-she is really superstitious. She has very silly ideas about pregnancy too. So I think it just may come from her listenting to and taking everyone elses advice instead of following her instincts.
I'm pretty sure you need to have at least some grey matter between your ears in order to have instincts.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#10 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM

Easy on Tori, folks! She is mildly entertaining on her reality show :

Did she have a c-sxn? From the trailers for her next episode, it sounded like she planned the date of the arrival of her baby. Now THAT should tell you something!

BTW, WHAT THE IS SHE TALKING ABOUT? FORMULA = BM. WHAT?!
#11 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 04:16 PM

I think she was mad the first time around because she figured that she would loose all her babyweight by breastfeeding. From what I understand, when that didn't work for her, she went on weight watchers. I think you have to stop bfing to do that (not sure though). Great priorities.

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09
#12 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabaz View Post
she went on weight watchers. I think you have to stop bfing to do that (not sure though). Great priorities.
I heard that WW will adjust your program and allow extra calories for Bfing, but you have to tell them that you're Bfing... who knows what she did.
#13 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM

She gives dumb and rich a bad name. They need better reps than her and the other bozos on that show.
#14 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I think she was mad the first time around because she figured that she would loose all her babyweight by breastfeeding. From what I understand, when that didn't work for her, she went on weight watchers. I think you have to stop bfing to do that (not sure though). Great priorities.
I do WW - they make sure BF Moms eat extra, and want them to increase their daily servings of fruit, veggies, and water. It's a really great program, not gimmicky. However, I am under no illusions, I only lose about a pound a week while on WW and nursing, when I have done WW before (not nursing) I could lose 2 pounds a week easy. But I won't give up BF just to lose more!!

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!
#15 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
she thought that the "new research" says that babies only need to bf for 2 weeks and that enfamil "mirrors" bm?!??

I can't stand it when celebrities with nothing but time on their hands and access to the best resources choose not to BF. It's even worse when they try to justify it with "new research".

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#16 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 PM

I saw that and wanted to smack her soooooo bad. I was surprised no one on the show asked why the WHO and AAP recommend 6months+ if there's no benefits after 2 weeks.

obstruct livery vehicles

#17 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 08:58 PM

What's interesting is Tori is breastfeeding Stella and nursed Liam for 6 full months, I believe. I have to wonder if she mentioned it because she's going to or has signed on to shill Enfamil.
#18 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 PM

1. The "new research" was probably sponsored by Enfamil

2. Her logic astounds me. What's the point of getting a formula that "mirrors" bm if babies only need bm for 2 weeks? If 2 weeks is all babies need of breastmilk... well then who cares what formula you feed after that and who cares how similar it supposedly is? Man, she's stupid.

I guess I just don't understand the formula companies' attempts at trying to be the closest to breastmilk. I mean, why pay $20 for a can of something that only comes close to or "mirrors" what it says it's trying to acheive?

It's like a state university advertising itself as "almost as good as Yale, and only 20 times more expensive"

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#19 of 45 Old 07-29-2008, 11:52 PM

I didn't see it, but I'm wondering what Elizabeth's reaction was since she did BF, although she also did ads for formula.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#20 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
I didn't see it, but I'm wondering what Elizabeth's reaction was since she did BF, although she also did ads for formula.
she didnt say anything actually....i think she knew it was bs but didnt want to get into a debate. not that imabig elizabeth hasselbeck fan, but i think she is smart enough to know that tori was obviously smoking something when she said that

both elizabeth and sherri did say in an earlier conversation that they would both nurse another womans baby if needed or accept donor milk for their own kiddies if they could not provide it themselves for whatever reason. i believe that sherri, after having her son at something like 25 weeks did receive donor milk for her son. so atleast the whole show wasnt a total wash. whoopi was the one weirded out by the idea, although that didnt surprise me in the least, for some reason - joy was also against it in kind of an annoyingly snarky way.

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#21 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM

She didn't go on Weight Watchers, she went on Nutrisystem...that one, she's a real card!
#22 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM

I didn't see it. After reading this thread I told my husband what she said. His reply was "How embarrassing for her"

I was shocked in a way, and very happy. I'm so glad he's listened to me and understands the benefits of BFing.
BTW, He also mentioned the cold DS had at 3 to 4 weeks old, He said he thought it would of been way worse if not for BFing, I know he's 100% right about that. DS got it from his sisters and I had a touch of it too(his was very mild). I can't imagine how bad it would of been with out my immunities being passed on to him. Thank you BM! :
#23 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 AM

I KWYM...my kids were never sick until they weaned!
#24 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 AM

she's ridiculous. i was reading a trashy celeb magazine : this week, in which she said she's losing weight because she's 'still' breastfeeding Stella...who is less than two months old...
#25 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSue1029 View Post
I KWYM...my kids were never sick until they weaned!

Yea, me too. My ds has been exposed to gawd-knows-what. My friend's kids were coughing and snorting all over my ds one weekend... and nothing Mommy's milk is awesome stuff!
#26 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Ugh. These kind of celebrity statements insence me. It just perpetuates more and more stupidity in our world, because I know there are women out there who will believe her!

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008 & Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Cautiously expecting #3 September 10, 2013

I blog! Check my profile for the link

#27 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanniesue2 View Post
1. The "new research" was probably sponsored by Enfamil

2. Her logic astounds me. What's the point of getting a formula that "mirrors" bm if babies only need bm for 2 weeks? If 2 weeks is all babies need of breastmilk... well then who cares what formula you feed after that and who cares how similar it supposedly is? Man, she's stupid.

I guess I just don't understand the formula companies' attempts at trying to be the closest to breastmilk. I mean, why pay $20 for a can of something that only comes close to or "mirrors" what it says it's trying to acheive?

It's like a state university advertising itself as "almost as good as Yale, and only 20 times more expensive"
Great analogy!
#28 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Seriously people, we could be doing something a LOT more constructive than watching Tori Spelling...like counting how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, counting the sheets of toilet tissue to make sure there really ARE 500 sheets, watching paint dry, listening to bad 80s music, or cleaning out the inside of your dishwasher...see....LOTS of better things to do than watching her
i'm sorry but there is no bad 80's music!
#29 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM

Arghh I was at the Y yesterday trying to run and the only thing on tv was that bimbo/the view. I was tempted to write a letter to the show but really when it is mediated by other bimbos like Elizabeth where would it get me?
#30 of 45 Old 07-30-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post
!!!

so true. Really, using TS on the V as a source of advice for parenting would be like asking a 4-year-old for advice on what car to buy. "Red car- shiny!"

Still, annoying just the same.
I love this quote! Brilliant!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page