Why use a boppy to nurse? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i had the my brest friend and bad latch issues and a very hard start to breastfeeding. the brest friend contributed to the frustration, as it was ridiculously tough getting positioned every time with the new baby. i did better with just a plain old pillow, and which i still use today. i got rid of the brest friend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 66 Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM

I used the My Brest Friend at a nursing mom's chat - LOVED it! But usually, I just hunched over.
Now she's HUGE! The cradle hold works just fine.
#63 of 66 Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 PM

NAK
the my brest friend nursing pillow was a life saver in the early weeks of DD's life. Breastfeeding did NOT come naturally for us, and the only position I could get her to latch in was the cross cradle hold...And because my millk flowed so fast she was pulling off the breast consantly, so I was constantly re latching her! Also my breasts were HUGE and awkward in the early weeks and DD's mouth was so small that I had to support my breast and my baby, my wrists and arms would have fallen off if it weren't for that wonderful pillow! I personally hated the boppy for breastfeeding it slipped constantly...But the my brest friend was awesome. I cradled my baby when I could during nursing...But in the early weeks when breastfeeding was most intense I figured anything that helped me get milk in her was fine by me... Once she was 6 weeks or so I didn't need the nursing pillow anymore, and we haven't needed it since, but with the next baby I will be using it anytime we're not nursing laying down!

Hannah ...
Wife since 2005...
Blessed to spend my days with my 3 +1 daytime side kick. 6~5~2~2
Delight Directed MishMashed Classical Homeschoolers...
Learning around monocular vision and intermittent Estropia, auditory processing challenges, and SPD

Striving for autoimmune healing, Simplicity and peace.
TTAPPer
#64 of 66 Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 PM

i still use a boppy and mine is 4.5 mos... when i go out to a restaurant i bring it with me! lol! love it. i can also nurse in the wrap or sling, or i *can* nurse just in arms but i find a carrier or nursing pillow better.

the my breast friend is nice but i too dont get the wrap around and buckle thing... like do they think that every 4 hours we have a formal sit down and nurse? or what? mine nurses a minute here, ten minutes there. i have gottten really good at chucking the strap around me with one hand so it's out of the way. but i got a simple boppy at sally anne for $2 and now the breast friend stays in the car.
#65 of 66 Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 AM

My 2.5 month boy is already over 15 lbs---my Boppy just helps me support that weight, since he is not mobile enough to help position himself very much. I've used it since he was born. When I'm out, I don't use it. But he's mostly in my Moby Wrap then.
#66 of 66 Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM

I tried a boppy for my first baby. It was too short for me. I'm kind of long in the torso. I also got a brest friend and it was better, but still too short. I've gone without pillows since my oldest was around a month old. I can see how they'd be useful for some moms but they weren't helpful for me.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07

Tags
Boppy Nursing Pillow With Slipcover

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page