reusable nursing pads - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you favorite brands of reusable nursing pads? I went to Target today to look for some so I'm prepared once Smudge shows up and all they had were Gerber.

obstruct livery vehicles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 05:13 PM

the only ones i like that are 100% cotton are the medela. the lansinoh ones are awful. they are much smaller and do not stop the leaks.

the other ones may say they're washable but they're not 100% cotton. there's some 'mystery layer' in there that i don't want coming into contact with my boobs!

Mama to an IVF baby girl, Lennon Emelia, born 6/3/08! and the Junebug kitty... Missing the Jeddy and Ashes kitties
Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 PM

I use organic cotton flannel ones I bought at Motherhood Maternity...they do show under a bra unless it's padded, but most of mine are. They were 4 for $6, so I bought several packs.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 PM

My favourites were the Bravado, they are the most absorbant. I was a huge leaker and this was important to me.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM

I second the medela ones. I don't need pads except for the first weeks until my milk settles down, but these worked very well for me.

SAHMhomeschool.gif: to LCjog.gif (6-08) GJsuperhero.gif (3-06) KDREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif (3-04) and a new little on one the way1sttri.gif: and :megan, henrie, and apple and wife to BD for 12years now!!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:44 PM

I actually had really good luck with the lanisoh pads. I tried to use the LANA wool pads as much as possible but even though I had the extra absorption ones, I would still leak through them so I had to resort to the disposables at times.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I made my own out of cotton flanell baby blankets that I found really cheap at the thrift store. I just cut them into circles (using a disposable pad for a pattern) and zigzagged the edges together.

Unless you have household help the first week after birth, I still recomend one box of disposable nursing pads- they'll get you through the first week when you're busy recovering and learning how to nurse and just don't need extra laundry.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 PM

My milk did not regulate until at least four months so I spent a lot of money trying out many different pads. I was a very heavy leaker and the only ones that ended up working for me were the pear shaped silk/wool breast pads by imse vimse. I got them here http://www.naturesbabyblankets.com/product/IV-PWSBP. At first I wasn't sure about the pear shape, but they worked better than round ones for showing up under the bra. Also sometimes with the round ones my milk would leak around the edges so I would end up with a milk ring on my shirt. These were definitely a life saver and I will be able to use them next time.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 PM

fussybutt! oh my gosh, she has a bamboo blend that is SO soft and absorbant, i can't say enough good things about how well they hold up (yet are invisible under my clothes) and the WAHM is such a sweetie!
http://www.fussybutt.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=60_67

Obstruct livery vehicles!

User Tag List