What unusual places have you nursed? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 123 Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NokomisThree View Post
I nursed in an IKEA too, walking around with LO in wrap.
I did the same!

I've also nursed at a(n outdoor) Battles concert while standing up in the middle of a crowd. Yes, my son was wearing ear protection.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#62 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 AM

In Church - my friend had a Tshirt that said Jesus was breastfed

While on the phone with a business client - I do that all the time to get some peace and quiet.

When my babies are getting shots or blood work. I pop baby off when the needle goes in and then pop them back on (I left DD latched on once and she bit me - ouch).
#63 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalScrapper View Post
When my babies are getting shots or blood work. I pop baby off when the needle goes in and then pop them back on (I left DD latched on once and she bit me - ouch).
:
#64 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 PM

I don't really think anyplace I nursed was that weird... tons of restaurants, planes, airports, cars (never while driving though, I was not that bendy!), playgrounds, museums, the aquarium, in the Patio Furniture section of Target, randomly walking around Target (sling-less, no less -- that was quite a feat of layered t-shirt awesomeness), on the gliders at Babies R Us, at all my friends' and families' houses, in the parking lot at work, etc. I haven't been anywhere cool with DD to nurse her, I guess, because I do nurse her everywhere we go.

Most recently I NIPed at a pizza place. Not that extraordinary... except that it was last week and she's almost 27 months. So some people would certainly find the fact that two minutes ago she'd been using a knife and fork to feed herself (she's all into playing with butter knives these days) until she spotted a baby nursing and needed to do her ney-neys too a little unusual.

Robin, strong and happy single mama to Anna (7/06)
"Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été."
#65 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 PM

all the regulars, shopping, restaurants, car (moving and not). DS doesn't really want to nurse alot when we're out. But the place he does want to nurse is during my massage appointment. He is very needy there, maybe because because of the ghosts and such. I have also nursed during sex. It kinda creeped me and DH out, won't be doing that again.....
#66 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 PM

I've done a lot of NIP, but the strangest was actually at home, while walking to answer the door to let in the exterminator. I did manage to cover up, though!

Mom to 5-yr-old DS and 18-mo-old DD
#67 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 11:03 PM

Hooters. ::::: ::
DH's family took us there for a birthday party.
#68 of 123 Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 PM

Cute pic of the babe in the bat costume!

Transportation-wise, I've nursed on planes, 2 trains, 1 subway, 1 taxi, and 1 ferry. And, of course, the car.

At a music festival, in the middle of about a gazillion people, while sitting on a stoop under a street lamp late at night. It was the only place to sit, and we had a spotlight right on us!

My favorite and most odd, though, is at a place called 'the end of the world' or verdens ende in Norway. It's a rocky outcropping on the sea in the southern part of the country; bare and beautiful. We were in Norway visiting my in-laws and went to this place for a little cookout. Totally windy day, coldish. Daughter and I were bundled up against the rocks to cut the wind while she nursed. : Very surreal and cool moment for me; she was smacking away as I was looking out over the sea with family and friends grilling nearby. Ahhh...sweet mom moment! :
#69 of 123 Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM

My favorite is still in a sports bar on a Saturday during football season. The place was full of men. (all public places are smoke free here if anyone cares)
#70 of 123 Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM

I have a new one.
I nursed Lina yesterday, in the wrap, while learning to dance the 15th century Italian dance Contraposso in Due.

Then she fell asleep and I got to have both hands free for Pizzaria in Amore.
#71 of 123 Old 10-26-2008, 05:02 PM

That's a neat one, sapphire_chan

I have a new one too!! :
I nursed dd in the car seat, yippee (a rear-facing one though )
I even did it yesterday and today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
Wow, this thread is so much fun to read! How cool that we can feed our babies immediately, whenever they're hungry, no matter where we are!

That said, I haven't actually nursed anywhere special... apart from at home or in friends' homes, and in the car (not moving), I can only think of... the park? Oh yeah and a café once. That's pretty much it! How boring!! I need to work on that.

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

#72 of 123 Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM

I have a new one too!

I nursed DD the other day while I was getting my eyelash extenisons... Now that one was funny. Laying on a table with my eyes taped shut...That was interesting to say the least.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#73 of 123 Old 10-27-2008, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
I have a new one too!

I nursed DD the other day while I was getting my eyelash extenisons... Now that one was funny. Laying on a table with my eyes taped shut...That was interesting to say the least.
That's pretty cool! I nursed dd while getting a hair cut and during an eye exam, but my eyes were never taped shut for those.
#74 of 123 Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 PM

There's been lots of unusual ones, but the hands-down most unusual one for me:

Nursing DS in a sling WHILE running a half-marathon race.

I don't suggest trying that one if you can help it. It's very hard to nurse while running. He was 5.5 months old and though he didn't love the jogging stroller, I thought he would be okay due to all the people around to look at. It was a very hilly course too, to make it harder. Luckily, DH ran it with me so DH could push the empty stroller while DS was in the sling nursing.
#75 of 123 Old 10-27-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlby View Post
There's been lots of unusual ones, but the hands-down most unusual one for me:

Nursing DS in a sling WHILE running a half-marathon race.

I don't suggest trying that one if you can help it. It's very hard to nurse while running. He was 5.5 months old and though he didn't love the jogging stroller, I thought he would be okay due to all the people around to look at. It was a very hilly course too, to make it harder. Luckily, DH ran it with me so DH could push the empty stroller while DS was in the sling nursing.
:That totally beats mine! I totally commend you on that one. I so would have dropped out, my husband could have picked me up after the race.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#76 of 123 Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
I nursed dd in the car seat, yippee (a rear-facing one though )
I nurse in the car seat way more often than I would like to admit! Not the most comfertable thing in the world.

Here is apretty good one, not like Kohlby, she's got me beat w/ the marahon! but this is just before rafting. (I'm a guide, but didn't work this summer, only played.)
Kinda funny story... we went to visit a river I usually work when DD was 7wks, we were camped out & I went to the mess tent one morning to get DH coffee while nursing DD. As I came out of the tent my boss was comming in. He suddenly stoped & said "Woah! It's a boob! With a baby atatched!" The the next day, I went rafting for the morning while DH hung out w/ DD on the beach at the take out. DH told me that my boss asked him "So when she gets here, is she just gonna like whip it out?":

Oh, I'v also nursed while teaching violin lessons, and at our gigs, a music festival, other concerts, and a sustanability fair. Once, while walking through Sam's Club, lot's of restraunts & other public places. Our little local pub that hosts our celtic session always gives me a hard time about not having enough to share.

I Love feeling good about BFing!!! (I live in such a progressive community though, that when i'm in the outside world I think I tend to forget that not everone is OK w/it though.)

Elisha; happy, working, mountain/river/music, single mamma to Charlotte hearts.gif 03/16/08.      http://rivermamma.blogspot.com/

#77 of 123 Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM

I like this thread! I nursed DS in the middle of a cherry orchard in front of a whole group of Japanese tourists. I got my picture taken!

I haven't really nursed DD anywhere that cool...I was worship leader at a women's retreat, though, and I nursed her in the sling all weekend long.
#78 of 123 Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 PM

He he... oh yeah, we played for a hot spring grand opening once, & after our set, I was nursing DD while DH was packing up our instruments, the photogropher asked if she could take my picture nursing in the croud, & got a little carried away... I hope she got some good ones!

Elisha; happy, working, mountain/river/music, single mamma to Charlotte hearts.gif 03/16/08.      http://rivermamma.blogspot.com/

#79 of 123 Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 PM

I'm really loving this thread too....

DS doesn't usually want to NIP too often so I haven't had too much opportunity to do it but.....

I've done the Hooter's thing too and got several compliments on how beautiful it was....DH beamed with pride when the girls wanted to check DS out when he was nursing

The best memory I will have of NIP wasn't really in public even....we went on our first vacation (last month) to Turkey Run State Park in Indiana and we were walking a trail when DS decided he was tired and wanted to nurse and take a nap NOW!!! We were 2 1/2 miles down hill from the top of the trail and had just started back when he let me know!!! I was so glad I had my sling!!! While he nursed I had some of the most beautiful scenery to take in including a waterfall! I'll never forget that one!!!

: mama to B-Man
#80 of 123 Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishmama View Post
how do you do the carseat thing???
We drive a pick up, so DD rids in the middle. I just pop it out & lean way over, DD has to do a little stretching too. Not very comfertable, but it works! If we're in a car & she gets fussy, I will ride in the back w/ her. Same stretching game though... you gotta kinda stretch the boob to.

#81 of 123 Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treespeak View Post
Hooters. ::::: ::
DH's family took us there for a birthday party.
Oh I'm jelousy - I've wanted to do that since DD was born. DH thinks I'm weird.

Ok none of mine seem overly weird but here goes:
Cosco - found a couch settled me and DD in only to haver her play peek a boob
While shopping (dd in the cart)
In the back seat of the car
on our 4-wheeler
behind the counter of a local consignment shop
at the dentist
while being fitted for new ski boots - just last week

and last year I nursed a skeleton and this year I am looking forward to nursing a pink dragon, hoping to get photos

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#82 of 123 Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 AM

New Ski Boots!!! Wow... I'm jelous!

#83 of 123 Old 11-01-2008, 08:23 PM

In a helicoptor over the Grand Canyon (well and while trying to climb in and while the pilot buckled me b/c my hands were full)
In an oxygen tent in the hospital
With ds in a sling covered by a poncho while working... this one customer says "oh my, what kind of shirt is that!" she thought it was some fashio statement
#84 of 123 Old 11-01-2008, 08:23 PM

On the subway
Ikea sitting on comfy furniture
the auditorium at a religious convention with thousands in attendance
food court at the mall

I gotta try the nursing with babein the car seat thing though, it could save us so much grief.

''''

#85 of 123 Old 11-01-2008, 09:01 PM

holding sleeping baby.

i nursed our daughter (3 weeks old at the time) on national news....

will read the thread now.
#86 of 123 Old 11-01-2008, 09:27 PM

in the back seat of a not moving car
in the back seat of the car while ds was strapped into the car seat while on a road trip (so not comfortable)
while getting my hair cut at the salon
while pushing thr cart in the frame aisle at target

#87 of 123 Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 AM

All the usual (according to this thread, isn't that cool!) places; stores, restaurants, planes, trains and automobiles, ren faires and other outdoor shows, playgrounds and parks, bike paths and hiking trails, the zoo, botanical gardens and riparian institute, swimming pools, lakes and splash parks, churches, libraries, museums and meeting halls, a wild west town, the Grand Canyon, in at least 18 states (still hoping to get abroad) and beaches on both coasts. The most unusual place - the bucket of an excavator!
#88 of 123 Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 PM

The funniest had to be at Sears...... in the tool section. Gosh grown men have a hard time talking to me, when Emma is latched on. ;-)

Our 22nd Year of Homeschooling !
#89 of 123 Old 11-04-2008, 12:06 AM

My ILs living room. I am *such* a rebel for not covering up and hiding in a bedroom!
#90 of 123 Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 AM

obviously tons of places but my most favorite....

In a bowling alley....WHILE bowling....AND...I got a strike!!! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page