Tell me about your deity or lack thereof. - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Is there anybody out there?
One, almighty God who sees our actions and punishes or rewards accordingly. 10 90.91%
One, all-powerful God who is detached from individuals but interacts with humanity as a whole. 1 9.09%
A loving, ever-living God who can be communicated with personally. 16 100.00%
Many Gods/Goddesses, all representing different aspects of one larger God. 5 45.45%
One God and one Goddess. 4 36.36%
Many spirits of the natural world. 7 63.64%
There is nothing God-like out there. 12 100.00%
A creative universal force, but without personality. 6 54.55%
An ever-loving, universal force that does not affect human lives positively OR negatively. 4 36.36%
I believe there is something greater out there, but I am unsure in what form. 14 100.00%
Something else- PLEASE explain. (I'd love to hear other ideas.) 6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

#1 of 8 Old 10-12-2007, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This poll is anonymous, so you can tell the absolute truth. In your heart of hearts, is there a God? Do you believe in something/someone higher than the human conscience? A detached creator? A personal savior? Nothing besides science?

I am not asking what they tell you at your house of worship or what your family of origin taught you to believe. I don't care what outlook is "hip" in your circle of friends or what your logical mind tells you must be so.

What I want to know is- What do you feel is true, in the deep, dark cockles of your heart?

Comment if you want to.

Homeschooling, etsy-crafting Mama to spunky DD (12-04) and wife to DH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I voted 'something else'.

I believe in the possiblity of an extremely evolved being whose level of advancement would seem god-like to us. I can even accept the idea that this being might have something to do with our existance. I would never call this being a god because I believe that the term implies worship. I also believe that if such a being exists, then our species has the potential to evolve to a point that another group might find us god-like. I don't believe any sentient species should let another control its fate, so I would reject any dynamic where we allow said being to control or unduly influence our lives. I would also actively fight against a situation where our species tried to take the roll of a god in regards to another.

Mom to Kira March 2009
#3 of 8 Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 PM

No gods for me. No greater power, no great consciousness. I do believe that beings have the ability to manipulate energy in powerful ways.

#4 of 8 Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 AM

I believe in the Trinity of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit.

I believe that Evolution and Creation are complementary but that humans have always been humans.

I believe in Mercy and Grace.

I believe that I have failed BIG TIME in learning more about God, and that I really ought to not speak for any other Christian... just myself.
#5 of 8 Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Nada, zip, zero, niente, nothing. Nope, definitely not.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#6 of 8 Old 10-14-2007, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I voted other. I am pagan at heart but very new agey in my beliefs. Basically I believe that there is a sacred, loving life essence in everything and everybody. This essence is a small spark of the almighty I AM presence that exists in and out of this reality. The I AM presence is the sacred part of infinity and what we come from and what we return to in between lives. I do name specific Gods and Goddesses in my rituals which I also believe are a spark of the I AM presesnce. Make any sense at all?

M : proud mama to B (16) : and G (8) and : x 2 :
#7 of 8 Old 10-14-2007, 05:46 PM

There is nothing God-like out there.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#8 of 8 Old 10-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkTrance View Post
I believe in the Trinity of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit.

I believe that Evolution and Creation are complementary but that humans have always been humans.

I believe in Mercy and Grace.

I believe that I have failed BIG TIME in learning more about God, and that I really ought to not speak for any other Christian... just myself.
I agree with you; however, sometimes I do speak to other Christians about their actions. It's just how do things; but I try not to be hypocritical.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page