Weekly thread for March mama's to be - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2004, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been cramping on and off as well. It feels more like a full feeling pulling type thing. At least at the moment! I know it's very nerve wracking but everyone I've talked to has had cramping early on!

Glad I"m not the only one who looks sooo pg already! LOL Yesterday I realized I couldn't suck in my stomach any where near flat any more and today when I'm just relaxed I look easily 4-5 months pg! LOL Think I might have to dig out my summer mat clothes later today. :LOL

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2004, 03:06 PM

OMG, my 3 1/2 year old dd just told me I had a fat belly! Argh! I know she's only 3 but come on! I KNOW I'm fat already! :LOL

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 07-03-2004, 03:19 PM

I have no feeling what so ever on sex, which I'm taking as a good sign--for me the others I felt I knew and of course lost them--I'm thinking this one wants to keep it a surprise! (in no way am I saying if you do know the sex you will loose the baby!!!!!!)
Old 07-03-2004, 04:59 PM

OMG, I just fell off of a chair. I am packing because escrow closes on Friday and I was unloading a cubbord and turned to step down and fell. I bruised up my knee and palm of my hand and tweaked my neck. I know people are in car accidents and have a lot worse happen to them, but I am still so scared now . Off to put more ice on my knee.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:25 PM

Are you OK?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 07-03-2004, 05:55 PM

I'm OK now, it just scared me and I realized I just needed to slow down. I swear I am such a clutz nromally and it gets sooooo much worse once I am pregnant. Thanks for asking
Old 07-03-2004, 06:03 PM

I am such a clutz when I'm pg. Yes, take it easy! You're working too hard!

Old 07-03-2004, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yikes,take it easy Heather!

I am 5 1/2 weeks along Ekblad.This is my 4th but i can't remember if i had cramping or not before Until i hit 12 weeks i will feel nervous.I get my U/S on the 18th.That may help me as well.

Yes i am wearing maternity clothes already
Old 07-04-2004, 01:16 PM

Heather- I'm so glad you're ok! Take it easy! I'm also a total clutz by nature and when pg.... I'm a true hazard!

I'm feeling rather rediculous these last 2 days. I've about given up trying to suck my stomach in, it hurts! It feels like I've been doing 200 situps instead of just my normal activity! I literally look at least 4 month pg. I'm 4w5d for heaven's sake!! If I wear my bigger clothes, I recently lost about 15 pounds and hadn't put away the bigger size yet, I just look really fat. But if I wear maternity which are of course the most comfortable I look like I'm 4-6 mons along! While I LOVE to look pg when I am pg, it's just soooo sooo early still, I don't want to jinx it or something by digging out all my summer mat clothes... I found a pair of shorts in my closet yesterday that fit great. The rest are in a bin in the garage... I guess I'll just wear the mat shorts and my bigger shirts for a while. I don't think I can handle digging out the mat shirts just yet.

And the high-risk ob nurse didn't return my calls on Friday to schedule my appointment and Monday's a holiday. I don't understand why my doc here on base wouldn't just prescribe the lovenox himself. He told me flat out that's what she's going to do, he'd already talked with her about me. Hopefully they'll call first thing tuesday with my appointment. But if it's not for next week, I'm gonna insist base doc writes the script for me in the mean time. I don't feel at all comfortable waiting on this! The 1st trimester is the most dangerous with APS, I'm not willing to risk anything! Hopefully the aspirin alone will keep us going until the lovenox gets started. I was doing so well not stressing to much but now it's hit me. I can't lose another baby! Isn't 4 enough already?!

Ok, time to stop whining and go love on the 2 amazing cuties I have right here with me. I am so blessed! Hugs everyone! Have a wonderful and safe 4th. We're going to go enjoy the festival here on base which will hopefully keep me distracted. lol

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:24 PM

Eva, I hope this helps, with APS, baby aspirin is actually more imperative than Lovenox/Heparin. The Hep is more important if you also have factor V leiden.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:25 PM

Oh and it's best taken at night.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:57 PM

Thanks Shannon, that does help. *deep breath* lol I've been taking it at night but why is that best? I just take it with my vitamens at night in the hopes I'll sleep through any stomach ache they may give me.

Old 07-04-2004, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsma
Thanks Shannon, that does help. *deep breath* lol I've been taking it at night but why is that best? I just take it with my vitamens at night in the hopes I'll sleep through any stomach ache they may give me.
Apparently it disperces(sp) better through the blood when you are at rest.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:35 PM

Eva I hope they call in the script at least. Have fun at the festival. Thanks everyone, I am feeling better today and am slowing down a bit. I'll be happy once escrow closes on Friday and I am done until January. By that time, I'll be huge and just supervising everyone
Old 07-05-2004, 05:16 AM

I just found out on Saturday! Unfortunately I'm in Germany right now, so I haven't even told dh yet! I'll be back in the States at the end of the week and I am so desperate for info (this is our first). I feel completely overwhelmed right now, and it is so darned frusterating that I can't just go to a bookstore (at least not an English language bookstore) to get some information.
So, the first order of business is finding a health care practioner, right? I've only known women who had hospital deliveries, so where do I start? I've always pictured a waterbirth at home, but it looks like we might be selling our house around that time so maybe I'll go somewhere. Do I have to decide these things now? Does how I plan to give birth effect who I choose for prenatal care?
Sorry about all the questions. We weren't TTC so this has sort of blindsided me, plus I feel so darned isolated being overseas right now! The only thing I've done so far is to buy prenatal vitamins...
Any (and I really do mean any) help or guidance you could give me would be very much appreciated!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
Old 07-05-2004, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome!Yes how you want to give birth does affect who you want as a practioner.You are in MI?I don't know about the Detroit area but there are some amazing midwives in Ann Arbor.With a midwife your meetings are much more personal and open.You can have a homebirth or at a birth center.With a Dr or OB/GYN you will have quickie meetings once a month and a hospital birth.You will have to fight for no epidural and all the things they do to babies in MI.Their are waivers you can sign even if they tell you there aren't.

Congrats again and i hope this answers some of your questions.

Had a fun weekend here.Beautiful weather and we barbecued last night.I'll be gone all this week to camp in Big Sur!
Old 07-06-2004, 04:03 AM

Thanks Ravenmoon!

I thought of another question this morning, as I was finishing my German breakfast of cold-smoked salmon, air-cured ham and unpasturized blue cheese (they've never heard of Atkins here, but I think it would go over big time!). Literally as I finished the last bite, it hit me that I probably shouldn't be eating any of those things, right?
I know that I shouldn't drink anything alcoholic, and I remember a pregnant coworker saying that she couldn't have any sushi, but what about other things like that? And lunch meat is iffy because of lysteria, right?

Oh why didn't I pay more attention when my friends were pregnant????

BTW, I'm in the Detroit area. I think I've found a birth center that does waterbirths nearby so step 1 of my pregnancy organization checklist is done. Just 3,456,499 things to go...

Old 07-06-2004, 02:15 PM

I am kinda bummed right now. I just learned that midwives cannot attend a vbac homebirth in AZ Its really hard to get approval at the one birthing center within 100 miles of where I am going to be living too . I so dont want another c-section, but how many OB's are going to be willing to do a Vba2c. Off to do more research of the area.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:10 PM

You might be able to find someone who is willing to attend you at home anyway. Never hurts to ask!

Cholderby, I don't know about the salmon or the ham. I think they would be ok, but the soft cheeses, especially blue ones should be avoided during pregnancy. There is some concern with listeria and deli meats, but I've never worried about it. Sushi is another one to avoid, as are shark, swordfish, more than 1 can of tuna a week, too much sugar (although chocolate seems to make for happier babies, so you kind of need to balance those 2 out)and caffeine (especially from coffee and soft drinks). I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting.

Things you should be getting: lots of water, protein, salt foods to taste (preferably with mineral salt), omega 3's (from flax oil, fish oil capsules or cod liver oil, the last 2 are the best), general good nutrition... I think that about sums up my knowledge of "extras" for pregnancy.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 07-06-2004, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby
BTW, I'm in the Detroit area. I think I've found a birth center that does waterbirths nearby so step 1 of my pregnancy organization checklist is done. Just 3,456,499 things to go...

We're in the Detroit Area too!

Old 07-07-2004, 12:14 AM

Heather...
There are a few places here where you can do a shout out asking about midwives for homebirths in your area who will do a vbac.
No one will do it in Maryland who is part of a practice, but there are usually lay midwives or dem's.
I think I went to the practitioner database and one other place.... I hope you find someone
It's so hard during a pregnancy because even though you're so set on the way you want things to be, you are also so vulnerable to what many people say and want you to do. The best way to get away from that is to avoid the wrong kinds of people. Hopefully you'll find that!!!
Take care,
Karen
Old 07-07-2004, 12:57 AM

Hi! I'm so excited to join you guys! Just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant, due in mid-March!

Not much to say, just thrilled to be here. Now, off to bed, as the toddler wakes up waaay too early!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 07-07-2004, 04:45 AM

Oh thanks Devaskyla!

It's kind of odd. I spent the first 6 or so hours after taking the test freaking out that I was having a baby. Every moment after that has been spent freaking out that I will lose the baby.

Old 07-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
For you ladies with reactions to dairy, have you tried a cultured dairy product like yogurt? I used to react badly to dairy too and, in fact, to commercial yogurt. I was on such a strict diet and so wanted dairy that I took a chance and made homemade yogurt. I had no reaction whatsoever. I bought a yogurt maker to do it but there have been discussions on MDC about just doing it the old-fashioned way. If you are interested, search MDC for homemade yogurt, particularly the Health and Healing Forum. And of course, there is kefir too.

I don't know how many (if any of y'all) are local to an oakhurst dairy (I know they're based in Maine) .. But they're now selling a cultured milk - similar to kefir but not as thick - "fortified" with probiotics and active cultures.. They call it Nutrish - it's 1.5% milk .. I'm normally lactose intolerant (according to DH :P He hates it when I fart.) but i've yet to have any problem with this milk =)
Old 07-07-2004, 12:07 PM

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums...nt=000_0107.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums...nt=000_0108.jpg

I posted it in TTC also, but no replies since I added photos..

FYI - they were done at 9 and 10 DPO
Old 07-07-2004, 12:12 PM

weebitty -

What are those photos of? I clicked on it but was denied access due to adult content!

Old 07-07-2004, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby
weebitty -

What are those photos of? I clicked on it but was denied access due to adult content!
adult content? *BOGGLE*

They're HPT .. lol

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...Yes%20Or%20No/
is the album they're in .. or just
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v247/heidiproulx/ and click on yes or no ?? Will that work?
Old 07-07-2004, 01:55 PM

I'm pretty sure I see a second line there, how many dpo are you now??
Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM

I see a second line too.

Old 07-07-2004, 04:17 PM

Nice tests! It was a little hard to tell, but in that 1st one I think I see a line.

Congrats!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 

User Tag List