Weekly thread for March mama's to be - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 109 Old 07-07-2004, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
Nice tests! It was a little hard to tell, but in that 1st one I think I see a line.

Congrats!

Yay!! I was hoping I wasn't just seeing things *lol*

I'm only 10DPO, AF is supposedly due this Friday, so I'll test again then and see if it's darker =)

Thank you SOOOOOOO much mamas!
#92 of 109 Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM

: Been enjoying reading all your posts. I'm due 1st of March with my 3rd baby although mil thinks its twins :

She's psychic!

I'm recovering from mumps at the moment and have been feeling pretty low the last few months as I had a miscarriage in March. This pregnancy was a total shock though.
I'm getting used to the idea and hoping this one sicks around.

Feeling very sick today but I haven't vomited yet.

Cholderby how's Germany? We've got a big move coming up. My husband has a job interview in Stuttgart in a couple of weeks. There's also possibility of London. I think you should be okay with the salmon at least.

Will be checking in again soon!
#93 of 109 Old 07-08-2004, 02:23 PM

Congrats somewhere to grow, weebitty, and 2boobs.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#94 of 109 Old 07-08-2004, 06:13 PM

Thanks Gale!

Ok guys, I decided "f-it" and tested again today.. and ...

VERY dark BFP! *dances*

Now .. how to tell DH *lol*
#95 of 109 Old 07-08-2004, 06:14 PM

Congrats weebitty2!!!!!!!!!
#96 of 109 Old 07-08-2004, 08:11 PM

weebitty2 - is this your sixth baby? I'm having my sixth as well. Trying to figure out how in the heck I forget the morning sickness everytime. :Puke

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#97 of 109 Old 07-08-2004, 08:50 PM

It's actually our 3rd .. We sued for custody of my neice and nephews because of neglect/abuse/drug issues with their parents - we'd heard from MIL that Chelse's teacher had called her and told her Chelse had kissed another girl in their classroom .. and Chelse said it was because her father told her to "Try it sometime. Your Mommy does it and likes it." .. They've only been living with us a few months now, but already we're "mom" and "dad" to them.. When BIL wanted to see them last weekend, we asked how they felt about it .. Chelse said "he's not my dad, dad's my dad, he's just some jerk that hit me." (She's 6, BTW) and the boys agreed. Neither of their parents have any visitation whatsoever, unless it's decided by DH and I to allow it .

We've gone through so many issues with these 3 already .. I really think they were more than just physically abused and neglected - Chelse shows so many signs of past sexual abuse it terrifies me - she's also not yet toilet trained (none of them are, although we're getting better at the potty!) - at 6y/o with no physical developmental problems. JJ acts out almost constantly - hitting, biting, temper tantrums .. he's 4, and would rather watch a slasher movie than play outside. And Benjy's 2 .. with such severe asthma (BIL and ex-SIL claim he was born with it, but I have more of a feeling it has to due with their chainsmoking and weed in front of the kids.) that he has attacks just walking, sometimes.. Although it's gotten a lot better now that he's been out of smoke. All three had been dx'd with FTT in infancy, and even in toddlerhood. Chelse's 6, and weighs about 30lbs, JJ's 4, and probably close to 50lbs, and Ben, at 2, weighs the same as our 1y/o DD - 20.4 lbs.

They're a constant trial, especially with 5y/o DS Jon, 1y/o DD, and another on the way, but I've seen them change so much in a few short months, and I love them as much as I do our "birthed" babies =)
#98 of 109 Old 07-08-2004, 11:00 PM

Oh my, you are awesome! That's all I can say!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#99 of 109 Old 07-09-2004, 09:55 AM

Hi all, I guess I'll finally officially join you. I'm due March 16th. I've had 2 m/c's before so I'm going to be on edge for a while i think. But nausea and exhaustion are good healthy signs here! I need a nap right now but my toddler won't go along with my plan!
#100 of 109 Old 07-09-2004, 10:02 AM

Congratulations Muse!

My prayers are with you!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#101 of 109 Old 07-09-2004, 12:22 PM

Heidi, you are awsome, the world needs more people like you and your dh!
#102 of 109 Old 07-09-2004, 12:26 PM

Wow weebitty, what a story. Sounds like those children hit the jackpot with your guys.

Congratulations to you, muse.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#103 of 109 Old 07-10-2004, 10:00 AM

Hey Pregos! Just wanted to check in real quick before my folks get here for the day. We're having a wonderful visit. THey were thrilled to find out about our new little one that's incubating. It was so funny. My mom noticed ds shirt immediately! My Pop on the other hand... well he noticed it... read it... read it again and was like "What are you laughing about?!" LMBO :LOL Then he jumped out of his seat saying "OH!!! OH!!! YAY!!!" LOL It's a riot how an incredibly intelligent man can be so clueless sometime! They're of course concerned about all the blood thinners and such but are supportive as ever.

DS birthday was wonderful! I still can't believe my baby boy is TWO! Boy does he act like it too! I need to go check out the gentle discipline board cause what worked great on dd isn't working at all on ds! LOL I need some new strategies!

I'm not nearly as pukey as long as I stay hydrated but it seems to have switched ends... if ya know what I mean And I'm more exhausted then ever. So I'm still very hopeful that this one is a keeper. : Oh and did I meantion the breast PAIN? Forget tender they just downright hurt! Especially when ds first latches on! Just as it was when I was pg with ds and nursing dd. YOUCH! I have to keep reminding myself how wonderful it was tandem nursing dd and ds, I'm convinced it really helped her with the transition of adding a new family member and hope it'll do the same for ds... anyone else here pg and nursing?

I see there's a bunch of new pregos that have joined us.

I better run, my folks should be here for the days running around soon and the kids aren't dressed yet.

Have a great day everyone!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#104 of 109 Old 07-10-2004, 11:44 AM

Count me in, ladies!!!!!

Just got a BFP this am, 3:00 this am, because I woke up having to pee, so really I wonder how necessary the test was!

Just kidding... desparately needed the confirm. I'm guessing I'm due on March 16th. DH was very happy; we've been wanting another one for months now. Had a miscarriage in April (not to make pg women cry but: found out I was pregnant the day my grandmother died, m/c 5 days later; that hurt) but I'm not at all worried about this one. Call me crazy, but there was wierd stuff about that one from the beginning, and this one is obvious, and has been from literally day one. My boobs started to hurt right after I think I concieved. And I mean like a day or two after. Strange, huh? Of course that means that they have been painful for THREE WEEKS NOW! Always fun with a squirmy toddler in your lap. My DD turned three on 7/4 - took her to fireworks for the first time this year!

Anyway, symptoms - I've been exhausted for a week now, boobs hurt, have to pee and HUNGRY!!! I didn't get sick with DD until week 6, so probably that'll happen again.

Sorry for the novel. I don't post often, so often post long!
-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#105 of 109 Old 07-10-2004, 12:39 PM

I'm back ladies. That was one heck of a back thing I had.....could hardly move for a couple days. Morning sickness has come in full blast for me. I was sick 4 times before 9 am yesterday and it's started this morning already. I'm trying the morning wellness tea that's supposed to be for morning sickness so we'll see how it goes this morning.

It's my middle sons birthday party today. His birthday was yesterday and my mom took him to the circus. He had an absolute blast. I've been trying for a while to get the grandparents to take the kids to do something with them one on one instead of buying him toys that they don't need/use and this is the first time one of them followed through.

Congratulations to everyone whose joined the list while I was gone.
#106 of 109 Old 07-11-2004, 03:08 AM

Hi melissa, congratulations! We have the same due date, and our dh's have the same name! Spooky!

Sorry for the m/c, but I also understand what you mean about this one feelign "different" somehow. My last m/c i almost expected to lose it, and never really attached to the baby somehow (not that that made it any easier). This one does feel very different. :

Eva, I'm nursing a 2.5 yr old. I'm wondering if it will get painful or difficult. I hope not. I've already told Ds that when we have a little baby they can share the milkie, and he seemed to like the idea

My boobs are a bit sore and heavy but nothing too bad. Instead I am just INCREDIBLY tired, all the time, like someone injected me with a sleeping drug. Right now I just slept a good long 8 hrs, but got up feeling like I've been up all night.

Yesterday we went to the ocean (aaaah) and took a long windy country road back, and I felt absolutely AWFUL, on the edge of barfing the whole way. So I guess m/s is beginning to kick in big time. I had it really bad for 5 months with DS.

Ok, I'm going back to bed!
#107 of 109 Old 07-11-2004, 11:08 AM

Muse- When I was pg with ds and nursing dd, she was just a year old at the time, it didn't start to hurt when she first latched on until about 7-8 weeks. Everything's happened much earlier with this baby. THe good think is it only hurts for a couple seconds when he first latches on, then is fine. I LOVED tandem nursing. Gretchen only just recently weaned at 3 1/2 so they shared the good stuff for well over a year and a half. It was wonderful! I truly feel it helped Gretchen deal with the turmoil that comes with a new baby in the house. I so hope Koen doesn't wean when my milk dries up. I get the feeling he could use that extra comfort at 2 1/2 come march more then Gretchen might have at 20 months. They are totally different personalities so who knows how it'll actually work out. He's not showing any signs of weaning so so far so good.

Best of luck!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#108 of 109 Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 AM

Hello! :

I posted my intro over on the Who's Who thread, but I thought I'd pop over here - though I admit to being confused, lol, there's a Weekly Thread and then a dated Weekly Thread both recently active. I'll just post hello on both, I suppose.

I just got a BFP this morning, 13 dpo, though I've suspected for at least five days.

Nice to meet you all!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#109 of 109 Old 07-12-2004, 11:53 AM

congratulations kash!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page