Weekly thread for March mama's to be - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2004, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love the weekly thread that we have in TTC so let's have one here where we can check in with each other and get to know one another

I am Rebecca and i am due March 1st.I have three amazing children ages 6,4,2(do i know how to space them or what?)and this will be my 4th after two miscarriages this year.I am very nervous but feeling good about this babe.I will get my second round of beta results on monday and i am keeping my fingers crossed that the numbers are high!I am pretty nauseous throughout the day and finding myself pretty tired.

Who's next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2004, 05:04 PM

I wanna join you!!!

Jess
Old 06-26-2004, 05:27 PM

I'm here. I'm Eva, WAHMama to Gretchen 3 1/2 and Koen will be 2 on the 8th.

I have antiphospholipid syndrome which evidently has been the cause of our 4 losses. I'm on daily aspirin currently and may or may not have to start heprin injections. Whatever it takes. It looks like I'll be followed by both the base clinic and a high-risk OB in the city. I would REALLY love to be able to have this baby in this wonderful birth center up near Annapolis but I don't know yet if that's a good idea or not being high-risk. We'll just have to wait and see. The good news is the hospital I'd be delivering at otherwise allows water births!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:38 PM

I'm Amy and due the end of Feb first of March. I'm usually late so it will probably be in March. I guess I'll be joining this due date club and Feb's due date club :LOL

Anyway, I feel awful. All day morning sickness but glad to be pregnant. We lost a baby a few months ago and I feel lucky to be at this point. 7 wks tomorrow!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 06-26-2004, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Jess,i'll be waiting!

Ekblad~i think i am due the end of Feb but choose the first of March so that i wouldn't be the very last one left on the Feb board.Weird huh?

Nice to meet you Eva!I am planning another homebirth,i've had three great ones so far.I need to interview the midwives around here,soon!
Old 06-26-2004, 08:34 PM

Good plan Raven!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 06-27-2004, 03:10 PM

pssst. I'm keeping a lid on it IRL, but thought I'd whisper it to you all. I'm planning a VBAC and working very hard on nutrition right now.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 06-27-2004, 04:01 PM

I think I am due March 2.....I just found out a day or so ago...... This will be my second baby so I am nervous about taking care of 2 little ones at the same time...My dd Sarah will be 2.5 when the new baby arrives.........
Old 06-27-2004, 04:03 PM

Congrats Amanda and LeShea!

Does anyone know of a good book for nutrition during pregnancy. I'm really trying to be overly cautious this time. I have to watch my weight gain and the better I eat the less m/s hits me.

Old 06-27-2004, 04:05 PM

Welcome everyone!!!!

(Gale...I promise not to say anything...shhhhhhh)

I'm due beginning of March.....by ovulation it would be 3/2. My birthday is the fourth and that would make a cool birthday 3/4/5 so I'm hoping to be a couple days late.....though I know by the time I'm that far along I won't be hoping for that at all.

This will be baby #4 and final one for us.....I've pretty much determined the only way I will be having more is to have God throw us a curve ball and give me twins. I can't do a homebirth so I'll be doing a hopsital birth with a doula.

So far I'm the only one really excited/happy about it. My hubby agreed to one more but has become rather anxious/nervous and anything but excited about it since the announcement. My family will be 'worried' about us which is why we haven't told any one other than a few friends. The most common response so far is 'ANOTHER one????????' Makes a mom feel good eh?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad7+
Anyway, I feel awful. All day morning sickness but glad to be pregnant. We lost a baby a few months ago and I feel lucky to be at this point. 7 wks tomorrow!
UGH! I know what you mean. I had it for 9 months with my first, 7 months with my second and 6 months with my third. I haven't had anything more than some waves so far. I discovered the more milk I drink the worse it gets which was a lot of my problem with #3....I get heartburn really badly and drink milk to counter the heartburn which in turn made me nauseous. I'm avoiding all dairy as much as possible this go round. I hope you find something to help.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:08 PM

Kylie - I get so many awful comments. I'm having my sixth. "Are you done?" "Was this planned?" Etc, etc. I just smile and say yes it was planned, we don't know if we're done, and we're so excited! All of that is true. I used to get offended but now I just feel so lucky to have all these great kids! I told dh's mom yesterday (wanted us to be done after two kids). I didn't let her get a word in. I said "we're having another baby, it was planned, we're happy about it, we don't know if we're done, we're having a homebirth if you want to come you're welcome". She was stunned and actually said congratulations! She's never said that about ANY of the other kids!

Old 06-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3boyz
UGH! I know what you mean. I had it for 9 months with my first, 7 months with my second and 6 months with my third. I haven't had anything more than some waves so far. I discovered the more milk I drink the worse it gets which was a lot of my problem with #3....I get heartburn really badly and drink milk to counter the heartburn which in turn made me nauseous. I'm avoiding all dairy as much as possible this go round. I hope you find something to help.

The preggie pops do help. As does eating really, really tiny meals, little to know sugar (including many fruits) and very little dairy. I'm starving alot but have to control myself and eat in small doses. I've been drinking emergen -C once/day, taking lots of vit. B, floradix, and the prenatal good mornings by rainbow lite. Eating veggies seems to help alot too.

Old 06-28-2004, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome gals. I had a bad case of depression in pregnancy and postpartum the first time around, much of it related to my pre-pregnancy diet. I am on a very low sugar and grain diet. I am working on cutting out grains altogether (but just had 1/4 piece of homemade rice bread). The only source of sugar in my diet (besides the bread) is fruit and I try to keep that limited. I am trying to maximize my nutritional intake with things like broth which is loaded with minerals.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 06-28-2004, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Nice job Gale Force.I am doing something similar to help with my anxiety and weight gain this time around.With my last pregnancy i developed a lot of anxiety after delivery.So i am using nutrition to heal!Have you told your dh or is it a total secret?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:44 PM

Hi Ladies -- I'm here too (though a bit anxious to post, thinking I might jinx it, KWIM?)

I found out a week ago. Dh and I were actually planning on taking a break since I had 2 m/c's in 6 months. But surprise! Here I am -- and I wouldn't want it any other way. I haven't figured out my edd yet, but I know it's March.

Ravenmoon -- thanks for starting this. How did your results come out? I'm eager to hear!

Sounds as though a few of us here have had some losses -- how we all doing? I'm a bit better this week than last, but I'm still anxious about every cramp or sensation and I can't help but check the tp every time I go. Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic. Dh and I have even told most of the people we really love so that they may send any positive energy our way. Everyone has been very supportive. I'm very surprised, pleased, and excited about how my dh has embraced this baby -- I was worried he'd hold back a little after what we've been through. But he's been wonderful. If anything, I'm the one who's being more reserved.

I'm supposed to call my midwife to make an appt (she already knows I'm pregnant) but I don't feel ready to be poked and prodded yet. I'm sure she'll understand that.

What about you ladies? Any first appt's yet?

to all you March Mommas!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 06-28-2004, 05:01 PM

March 11 here - Well, officially the due date would be March 3, but since both my boys came 8 days late, I think I'll just figure that into my due date.

Wasn't planning on TTC until September, but then I went on vacation and didn't chart and didn't keep good track of the signs and, well, here I am. A little freaked out, but in a good way.

I do hate that I haven't been vigilant about taking my vitamins and eating well since I wasn't really TTC, but I am trying to convince myself that now is when it starts to matter.

Feeling a little nauseous today and feel asleep on the couch this afternoon (but that could be because I couldn't sleep last night after testing positive).

I am convinced this baby will be a boy also. But I will not find out until he (she?) is born.

Am considering a homebirth, but I need to meet with the midwife (there is only one locally) first.

I guess I'll need to amend my sig line soon!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
Old 06-29-2004, 12:16 AM

Just stopping in to say hi to you all!!! Eva, I too tested positive for APS and I have rhuematoid arthritis, I'm on the baby asprin and heparin regamin and it's going well. Just need to have platelets checked on a monthly basis. Like you, after 3 losses, I was willing and eager to anything and everything to keep this baby--and today we saw a heartbeat and the little one was moving around and everything!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Shannon,i am so glad you heard the heartbeat!

Welcome Kate(i've been waiting for you!) and Teensy.

My results were better then expected.They went from 33 to 213 in two days.I took another test today and will know on Wed.I refused the pelvic but will go for an U/S in two weeks.Too many losses not to need the reassurance of a heartbeat.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:45 AM

Well, I really should tell dh first, but I had 3 bfp's today and my edd is March 7
Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle98sean02
Well, I really should tell dh first, but I had 3 bfp's today and my edd is March 7
Woohoo!!! Congratulations!
Makes me feel good to know I'm not the only one that announced it online before letting dh know :
Old 06-29-2004, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Heather!And welcome
Old 06-29-2004, 01:48 PM

Thanks Yep, dh still doesnt know, long story. I want to bask in the happiness for a little while before telling him. About a week ago, he told me he was thinking about it and didnt think he wanted another one. He feels complete and doesnt have the time for another baby. I was going to go back on some type of bc once I started but....He will come arond, but I dont want to be dissapointed with his initial reaction. So for now I am hoarding the good news.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:31 PM

I understand that as well. Even though my hubby agreed to one more it wasn't because HE wanted one. I didn't even get a hug when I told him....he just kinda sat on the couch staring at me and said 'I knew it'. So much for joy. It's why I hesitate telling my family since I know it will be the same sort of reaction. My kids will be excited when I tell them though.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad7+
Does anyone know of a good book for nutrition during pregnancy
Check out http://www.blueribbonbaby.org. (I'm a Bradley instructor, and we recommend his nutrition plan for pregnancy.)

What am I doing here? I'm not pregnant! Just hoping...

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 06-29-2004, 06:35 PM

I'm here, too. Hopefully I'll get to stay. I'm going by the latest due date that I calculated, which is March 8. I used 3 different calculation methods.

I was going to not tell anyone IRL, but I had to tell the woman I got the free test from and she went and told everyone in my playgroup. I'm not telling anyone, though. My mom doesn't even know that I've had 2 miscarriages, and my sister only knows about 1. If I make it to 3 months it will be more than soon enough to tell.

Quote:
I'm a bit better this week than last, but I'm still anxious about every cramp or sensation and I can't help but check the tp every time I go. Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Yeah, that's about how I'm feeling too. I get cramps most days, but they're like pre-period cramps and not the really deep feeling cramps I had before the miscarriages. I had one of those a couple of days ago and was really freaked out, so I went to bed at 11 and didn't get up until about 10:30 and started feeling fine.

Can't really do much about my nutrition since we don't have a lot of money. I'm taking a pre-natal every day and I'll probably start taking vitamin C and flax oil in a couple of weeks. Luckily I have quite a bit of both from before.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 06-29-2004, 07:37 PM

So this is where everyone is!!

WOOHOO!!

My name is Amanda, this is baby #2. I was nervous about telling dh, but he's happy. it's my MOTHER that I should worry about.

Thankfully my sweet little 2.5 yr old son decided to tell Gamma today that "I'M A BIG BROTHER" loud and clear as crystal!! Figures. He couldn't say it for daddy to understand, but Gamma. Who inturn told me I'm Crazy.

HA, she had her two children 11 yrs apart, and thinks EVERYONE should do that. BS MOM, MY KIDS, MY BODY, MY LIFE!! She's not birthing, or nurseing this baby is she? NO, so she should shut up about it. My Grandmother on the other hand had her two less than 2 yrs apart and thinks it's wonderful that they will be 3.5 yrs apart. Love my G-ma!!

Anyway, I'm due either March 3rd or 4th, depends on how you calculate! (I'm saying the 4th because of conception. And I'm hoping this is a girl! Dh wants to be done after two, and I'd like a girl before we're done.

We are also planning a homebirth! Wish us luck, and no transfers!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 06-29-2004, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Devaskyla and Doulamom!

I know what you mean Heather.I told my dh after a whole week of knowing.I knew he wouldn't have much of a reaction but he did say he was running to get a vasectomy i haven't told anyone else.This is my 4th so there will be a lot of reaction.

Today was busy for me and i was in such a bad mood : i will find out my beta results tomorrow.I am getting my Ultrasound in two weeks.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:53 PM

The vasectamy was threatened to me at the announcement of my fourth and fifth pregnancies. Then I miscarried a few months ago and when I got pg this time he said nothing about getting a vasectamy. He knows it's against our religion anyway. Geez.

Old 06-30-2004, 12:45 AM

Hee Hee I got the vasectomy threat today too LOL. I broke down and told him. I just coldnt keep it to myself. He did OK, was shocked, but OK. Now once it wears in a little, I'll be able to be outwardly excited After my m/c in January though, it may take a few more weeks to not be so nervous. I dont want to tell anyone for a month or two if I can get away with it, but with both my other kids I started puking at 6 weeks and its an all day every day event. Since we will be moving into my parents house in 2 weeks while ours is being built, it might be obvious. My sil is due July 23 and her dr. says he will induce her at 39 weeks if she wants, so I am going to try and hold out until a little after her baby is born so she doesnt feel like I am stealing her thunder or anything. I'm sure she is going to whine that I am pg so close to her but oh well.

User Tag List