Who's Who? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2004, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JENNIE!! OMG I have been looking for you for a few weeks now, and how funny that you turn up here!

I was on the about.com and delphi forums for a long time under the nickname THUMAL, I'm not sure if you remember me? I've been looking for you thinking it would take me forever to find you, if you remember I said the next time I got pregnant I would order some nursing pads from you! lol, well, we're due a few weeks apart! LMAO, what a small world.

When did you guys move from Hawaii, and where did you end up?

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiN

My big worry right now is that the pregnancy won't keep going. At my age MC is more common than with a younger woman...
I'm worried about this too. It never crossed my mind with my other pregnancies, and I've never had a mc, but it's on my mind this time. I almost (*almost*) wish I had more symptoms.

Congrats on your engagement, btw.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

Old 07-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Old 07-19-2004, 01:36 PM

YEAH!! lol, my memory is pretty dang fuzzy too, Yes, I live Near Karole, I met her in April at a mom's night out, we were talking about the forums, it was pretty funny that she and I knew a lot of the same people.

Lets see....I had my first baby, Jack in September of 01, I was 18, pre-eclamptic, was trying for a natural birth before that....nursed him for 3 months : before we had so many problems andn ot enough help, um....lol....I don't know what else! I will send you an e-mail this afternoon at nap time.

How exciting that we're finding each other on a due date board!! :LOL

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 07-19-2004, 01:45 PM

I was just newly pg with Rory when you had Jack!

Its funny there are a lot of girls pg now that I have been pg with before. In fact 3 of them I have been pg with 3 times (counting this one). Its wild.

Are you on the about forums again? i have been lurking a bit at pg/b and the mar 05 dd board but its slow. The about forums have really gone downhill since I was last there a few years ago.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniebug
I was just newly pg with Rory when you had Jack!

Its funny there are a lot of girls pg now that I have been pg with before. In fact 3 of them I have been pg with 3 times (counting this one). Its wild.

Are you on the about forums again? i have been lurking a bit at pg/b and the mar 05 dd board but its slow. The about forums have really gone downhill since I was last there a few years ago.

I refuse to go back to the pg/b board, I can't stand all of the morons! I am on Breastfeeding Naturally, Ask Jen, Hey Ladies, and I created one, but I'm probably going to delete it.

I remember when you had Rory, she was SO Cute!! (i'm sure she still is too)

Old 07-19-2004, 02:18 PM

I did notice that there are an awful lot of uneducated, poor spelling, did I mention uneducated, ppl on pg/b. I blocked thos eout when I was there last.

Rory is gorgeous now, a full head of blonde ringlets. Do you have any picks of Jack? I bet Rory would love him to pieces!

I will have to go pop in at BFN
Old 07-19-2004, 02:26 PM

Hi, I'm Lise and I already have the most wonderful boy in the universe, Calvin. He's two.

Anyway, I conceived him in the lake at our cottage and that happened unexpectedly with this one as well. My dh is not quite on board with this yet, but I'm hopeful he'll come around eventually. He adores Calvin, so I'm not really worried. I just can't bitch and complain with this one the way I did before. Bummer! Oh well, I LOVE being pregnant and I'm delighted to be having another child, even if the timing is crappy.

Glad to have company, and to be able to tell people RIGHT NOW instead of waiting the teriible three months (I had a m/c with my first so I don't put the cart before the horse anymore).
Old 07-19-2004, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniebug
I did notice that there are an awful lot of uneducated, poor spelling, did I mention uneducated, ppl on pg/b. I blocked thos eout when I was there last.

Rory is gorgeous now, a full head of blonde ringlets. Do you have any picks of Jack? I bet Rory would love him to pieces!

I will have to go pop in at BFN

I just can't get over it, and the doula in me wants to educate. Unless the spelling is really horriffic I can ignore it....to a point.

I do have some pictures of Jack, and I said I'd e-mail y ou at nap time, so I guess I better get on that!! lol....mommy and pregnancy brain....totally wiped me out!

Old 07-20-2004, 01:56 PM

Lise - my Ds who was born in May '02 was almost Calvin. We changed our minds when he was born, because he just didn't look like a Calvin, KWIM?

Anyway, it's still in the running for this baby!

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
Old 07-20-2004, 03:46 PM

It took us forever to come up with that - we had a zillion girls names, but no boy's we could agree on!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:12 PM

I've never been on the about boards and I know there are many kinds of ignorance. But I'm a bit disconcerted hearing talk equating bad spelling with stupidity and poor education (and poor education with people you wouldn't want to associate with). My spelling is horrific and, while my grammar used to be pretty close to perfect, it's not anymore. Between congential learning disabilities and brain damage from "everyday" chemical exposures, my language skills don't always reflect the best of me. Just the other day I was unable to subtract 64 from 69 correctly (my brain still swears it's 4) and I used to be a math whiz. Though as a PhD dropout I don't think you could call me uneducated.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:32 PM

Quote:
My spelling is horrific and, while my grammar used to be pretty close to perfect, it's not anymore. Between congential learning disabilities and brain damage from "everyday" chemical exposures, my language skills don't always reflect the best of me. Just the other day I was unable to subtract 64 from 69 correctly (my brain still swears it's 4) and I used to be a math whiz. Though as a PhD dropout I don't think you could call me uneducated.
Oh tell it! :LOL I can't spell for the life of me! I can't figure out alot vs. a lot and grammer? What's that? When you said 64 minues 69 I immediately thought 4! I was valedictorian if you can believe that (I bet that's spelled wrong too)!

I think they must be talking about some very specific experiences for another board. I'd doubt they'd judge us but know that you're in good company.. although granted I am PhD-less! LOL
Old 07-21-2004, 02:40 PM

I know how you feel. I just chose to ignore those posts. :

I can spell (usually ) but my typing is brutal and sometimes I can't be bothered to go back and fix my zillions of mistakes (4 in this sentance alone).
Old 07-22-2004, 12:24 PM

Sorry if we offended ya'll, but it wasn't so much the incorrect spelling, as I do not have perfect spelling or grammer, as it was the internet 'slang' used.

Too much "U" "RU" and other pointless abbreviations outside of "lol, lmao ect" but the...oh it's hard to explain! I don't mind spelling mistakes at all!!

Old 07-22-2004, 12:28 PM

Quote:
But I'm a bit disconcerted hearing talk equating bad spelling with stupidity and poor education (and poor education with people you wouldn't want to associate with).

By uneducated, we mean about pregnancy and birth, and who just seem to follow the 'mainstream' and do 'whatever the doc's say' rather than doing some research and finding out what is best for their family, with know the potention risks/benifits of whatever may be flung at them!

Old 07-22-2004, 10:38 PM

Hi all!! Im Ryann a 25 yr. old SAHM from Arizona. My hubbys name is Shawn and we have been married for about 4 years. We have a 4 1/2 yr.old little girl and a almost 2 1/2 yr. old son who is still nursing (alot!!) . We just found out on the 18th that we are pregnant again!!! My LMP was June 18th so Im thinking my EDD is March 26th 2005. Im looking forward to getting to know all you guys!!!

Oh ya any one else feel like they could just stay in bed all day and sleep? I am soooo tired with this pregnancy!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:36 AM

Hi Ryann! We're in Az too....northwest Phoenix. What area are you in? Do you pronounce your name Ry-ann?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:46 PM

Hi there luvmy3boyz I am in East Mesa. I pronounce my name just like the boys name Ryan. I love the name Ray-ann but no is just plan old Ryann.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
By uneducated, we mean about pregnancy and birth, and who just seem to follow the 'mainstream' and do 'whatever the doc's say' rather than doing some research and finding out what is best for their family, with know the potention risks/benifits of whatever may be flung at them!
Okay, I do know what you mean here. I was on a mailing list for pregnancy in people with CFS/FMS (chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia) and was shocked beyond belief by people who were advocating c-sections to avoid the stress of labor and stuff like that. So I went ahead and started a list of my own (including multiple chemical sensitivity with the CFS/FMS and for all genders and stages of parenting). And I found this place. I don't agree with all opinions (even some of the common ones) but it's so nice to be able to say "home birth" and have the reaction be "with or without water?"

Another list I'm on (a political list where I represent the disabled community) someone did attack another of the disabled reps for his bad spelling and grammar. It's truly awful and drives me nuts too, but it's clearly part of his disability. The attacker did apologize but one of her buddies chimed in on the attack. So I'm a bit trigger happy on this topic.

Thanks for the clarifications!
Old 07-23-2004, 04:00 PM

Hi everyone I'm going to be joining you all! I just found out last week and I am still pretty well in shock. This will be my 3rd and it was a very difficult decision to make so we decided to leave it up to fate. We tried ttc one time last month and said if that does it it's meant to be, if not we're done! Well it worked. I'm not terribly excited about another pregnancy but I am staying focused on having 3 kids (everyone thinks we're crazy which just adds to our excitement!)

Congrats to you all!!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:25 PM
EMZ

I'm Pam, mom one daughter who just turned 3. I'm really excited about this pregnancy and scared because last year I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum).

I have not told anyone about my pregnancy other than dh and one internet friend who is also pregnant and due in March and now you all! I'm waiting to be safely through the first trimester before telling anyone.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 AM

Jenrose here, Mom to K, my 11-y-o dd, and married to dh since 4/26/03.

We started ttc in March, got pg in April, m/c'd in May, got pg again in June (less than 3 weeks after m/c) and I'm now 8+ weeks pg and due early March.

dd's birth was a relatively uncomplicated unmedicated unnatural hospital birth. Despite a clotting disorder, asthma and sleep apnea, I'm bucking the system and doing this at home--no one has yet offered a remotely persuasive argument for why my risk factors affect the birth process--by most doc's reasoning, if they wanted to hospitalize me for birth, they'd really have to hospitalize me for the whole damn pregnancy. Anyway, since dd basically flew out once she got turned in the right direction, I'm trying to eat right, etc. and will use OFP later in pg to help point the next kiddo in the right direction, and I see my midwife if and when I feel like it. I won't decide if I'm going to call her for the birth or not until I'm in labor, and she's been amazingly wonderfully cool about it.

My background: after dd's birth I trained first as a childbirth educator, then as a doula, then got a job with a midwifery magazine, got fed up with going to hospital births and decided that since I was having serious difficulty restraining my homicidal urges where nurses were concerned (I was about to strangle the next one who told a woman to tuck her head down, hold her breath and push while counting to ten) I quit attending births a doula.

I quit my graphic design job after the miscarriage and am now working on designing maternity and nursing clothes, and baby gear. Not doing the home business thing--my family would kill me--but will be working with established companies on things like really comfortable under-belly maternity underwear that fit women my size and bigger, and a diaper bag that doesn't push a baby sling off your shoulder.

Baby slings are my pet project--I spend a lot of time over at thebabywearer and such.

Dh is an attorney. dd is a wunderkind just entering puberty. She plays the violin beautifully and is at that amazing age where she's old enough to be really competent and helpful and not so old that she's grown a bad attitude. We're trying to stave off the whole aliens-coming-to-suck-her-brains-out business, but it's not easy!

Jenrose, Mama to DD1, born 1993, DD2, born 2005, and DS1, Jan. 2012. Babywearing, cosleeping, homebirthing mom with fibromyalgia and hashimotos.  DD2 has a rare chromosome disorder. 

Old 08-10-2004, 06:02 PM

Hi there,

I'm pregnant with my first. My partner and I had planned on trying to get pregnant some time in the year AFTER our wedding this September, but I guess our baby wanted to come earlier. We are both thrilled though.

I'm 32 and an educator. I teach summer programs and home school enhancement classes. I love to garden, hike (esp with the pooch), knit, sew. We are a veggie family in southern Oregon and plan to have a natural home birth (maybe water...), breastfeed, cloth diaper, co-sleep, not circumcise, no ultrasounds or other invasive tests unless neccessary, and all that good stuff. So I think I'm in the right place for companionship and learning!

We chose our midwife and have our first prenatal on Monday. I'm really excited for that. Feeling really good here, just a bit tired and ALWAYS hungry (kind of annoying, but better than sick I guess). Not showing yet at all, but that's pretty normal for a first I understand?

Great to meet you all! Congrats to you too!!

User Tag List