Having NO symptoms--bad sign? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-12-2004, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 5 weeks, I know, but last time I did feel something by this time--sore boobs, I believe, and the beginnings of nausea. Maybe not. This time, though, I really feel NOTHING. At all. Boobs exactly the same, no nausea, no fatigue, no nothing. Except increased hunger, but maybe that's just the relief of being off Weight Watchers.

Is this a possible sign that the pregnancy is not progressing?
#2 of 8 Old 07-12-2004, 05:08 PM

I wouldn't stress about it just yet! Not only is every woman different, but each pg is different! 5 weeks is still incredibly early and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of women don't have any symptoms that early!

Take care!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#3 of 8 Old 07-12-2004, 05:18 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't worry CityGirl. THis pregnancy is so far a lot easier for me too -- I've only had slight symptoms. At six weeks last time, I was on the couch for four weeks. I think I'm just a lot healthier this time around.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#4 of 8 Old 07-12-2004, 06:31 PM

hey citygirl, I have had hardly any symptoms as well, and I worried about it too!!! they say every pregnancy is different, so maybe we will just be lucky this time and not have a lot of sickness. several of my friends have told me that they didn't feel sick during their entire healthy and normal pregnancies.

I am not nauseated at all, but tomorrow I will be in week six and foods suddenly just don't appeal to me. when I went to my favorite vegatarian restaurant for their fabulous brunch and realized I wasn't really excited or tempted by any of the food, including those on the *dessert table*, I had to realize, yes, I am having symptoms, just not really overt ones! pre-pregnancy I would happily have pigged down everything at the brunch!
#5 of 8 Old 07-13-2004, 02:54 AM

It is such an stressful thing to be pregnant, isn't it? When we are feeling too sick we worry, when we are feeling too good, we worry too! I know I did with my youngest: I did not feel ANY symptoms until around week 10. With this one I feel nausea and fatigue mostly, but no sore boobs whasoever.
#6 of 8 Old 07-13-2004, 01:53 PM

I just hit 7 weeks and the nausea is now full force.I feel really sick all of the time.It wasn't really present until now.With my last kiddo i only had nausea for a week so i hope this goes the same.Count yourself lucky for now!
#7 of 8 Old 07-15-2004, 09:46 PM

Hey CityGirl,
I'm 6.5 weeks along (aprox) and still have no sypmptoms! I count myself as lucky so far!
#8 of 8 Old 07-15-2004, 10:05 PM

You guys are just lucky - I would trade places any day!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page