March Mama's Week of July 11th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 3 pregnancy dreams so far. I delivered girls in all three! 2 were very scary emergency c/s (I've never had one and) and the other I gave birth to a 10 lb baby girl at home! I guess the emergency c/s is my nightmare (in one of the dreams, I was somewhere in Europe giving birth...wth?) and the 10 lb homebirth is my dream!

Quote:
I am so much more laid back about prenatal care this time around. I feel like I could probably do without most of it. I just don't want to be bothered with anything these days!
Me too. I called my midwives yesterday and they want to see me next week! I'm like, already?! Geez.

My due date is 3/24.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 06:11 PM

due date 3.23

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#33 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan

Amanda--I'm soooo glad to hear that someone besides me is buying maternity clothes this early. I found some good sales and couldn't resist, but I felt a little silly doing it this soon. Twice now, I've given away my maternity clothes, thinking I was done. (But this is *really* the last time.)

I can not pass up a sale! Which is really bad because we are paying out of pocket for our homebirth, and we really can't afford it at all! I'm amazed that my husband hasn't said anything about it yet. But hopefully I'll be able to work out a smaller payment plan so it doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway, yes buying maternity~~ this is my 2nd, and with my 1st we couldn't even afford to buy the mat. clothes, so I had what was given to me, and that was it!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#34 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 07:55 PM

Btw, I'm due March 4th (we'll just go a head and use that one since 3/4/05 sounds cool!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#35 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 08:31 PM

I had a meeting with a midwife this morning. She's really nice, has a philosohy I completely agree with, totally not into anything medical (she's a CNM, so you never know), and said I'd be a perfect candidate for her practice. She seems great!

Unfortunately, she doesn't accept my insurance, so I'm still going to meet with some other hb providers and see how that goes. I really don't want finances to dictate how my birth goes, but we live paycheck to paycheck and $3500 is a lot - probably too much - for us to come up with in 9 months. Especially since we pay so much for our frigging insurance in the first place. DH works for a tiny company and they don't provide insurance.

She gave me a due date of 3/21.

But she said that based on my history, she wouldn't expect the birth until a lot later. I agree. I'm going to predict an April Fool's Day babe.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#36 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercelove
due date 3/9!
I'm at six weeks now, mamas, and yesterday my pants definitely felt too tight! yikes! the scale says I haven't gained any weight but my body shape is definitely changing. I'm puffier on top of my stomach, as if things are already starting to get pushed out of place.
Me too! I can hardly believe that my stomach is already sticking out a little bit. I mean, I'm not even 5 weeks yet!

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#37 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 08:51 PM

I get rid of my maternity clothes everytime thinking that was the last baby. This time I had tons to borrow from friends. I did give in and buy a few things. We are paying our midwife out of pocket too and it's really squeezing our already tight budget. I know it will be worth it, though.

I never thought of 3/4/05! I want my baby to be born then!

I'm very ill with morning sickness and just wish this part was over.
#38 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 11:29 PM

Mimim- THat's wonderful about the midwife but too bad about the insurance! Hopefully you'll be able to find one that's covered.

Cholderby- Too funny about returning to work with the huge chazongas! :LOL I got a lot bigger during my 1st pg but was nursing with these last ones and haven't really changed, though I do feel a little fuller but no size change. Which for a B is kinda sad. lol DH always loves those first months after delivery when they're literally burstingly huge! :LOL Last time I jumped from a B to a D! Guess nursing 2 will do that. lol

I'm with y'all on not feeling like being seen all the time with this pg. I would LOVE to be able to do the usual maybe once a month visit, deliver at home, be a normal pregnant mama. That's just not in the cards for me sadly. Don't mind me, feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I just stabbed myself again and IT HURTS! I really didn't think it would be a big deal but it hurts bad with the initial injection and keeps hurting hours later. This morning's injection site is bruised and sore and wah wah wah : Whatever it takes. I feel so extremely blessed to be pg again and I'll do whatever it takes to keep this baby. It just SUCKS the shots have to hurt so bad, and I can't have the home/birth center birth I've dreamed of, and I have to deal with jacka$$ doctors who insist on telling me all the horrible things that COULD happen to my baby. . Course I'm a hormonal freak right now which just makes everything worse. lol

On a better note, I am so SO happy that so many of you are getting to plan homebirths and midwives and all the fantastic stuff! I can hardly wait to read all your birth stories!!

Well, I'm off to have a good cry and get on with it.

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#39 of 55 Old 07-16-2004, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad7+

I'm very ill with morning sickness and just wish this part was over.
Aw! I hope it gets better for you soon!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#40 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 01:01 AM

My friend that's visiting completed a herbal apprenticeship last year, and so convinced me today that we were going to make herbal preparations for pregnancy...

We managed to find bulk herbs (after a search), and then tonight we started a tincture, and mixed up a tea. The tincture won't be ready for two weeks, but I had a cup of the tea tonight!

I also got some alfalfa tablets, which I'm really going to be taking as a nutritional supplement, as I am horrible about getting in all my veggies. I picked up fish oil capsules last week... is anyone else taking supplements/drinking teas/whatever beyond the 'usual' prenatal vitamins?

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#41 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aw Finnsma and Ekblad i'm with you Ekblad on the morning sickness

Doulamommy my EDD was set at 3/4 by the U/S but i never take any stock in U/S EDD's.I'm not really sure when i'll deliver but i do think the first week of March.
#42 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 06:05 AM

3-29-05

I just want to keep typing '03 (when I was due with and had Nathan)! :LOL
#43 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 10:47 AM

{{{{Finnsma}}}} will you be able to have a doula or other support during labor/delivery? I know it's not the same as a hb, but maybe she could help keep interventions to a minimum?

I don't own a scale, so I don't know if I've gained anything yet--just 5 weeks--but I gained about 40 with each of my others and it would be nice not to gain so much this time.

I'm not doing prenatals at the moment, but am taking a B-complex, C, E, & Cal/Mag/Zinc.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#44 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 11:01 AM

Kash, I'm taking my regular vitamin and I'm also drinking a tea that I make with RRL, nettles, rose hips, and alfalfa, with either chamomile, spearmint, or ginger for some flavor. It's yummy and definitely makes me feel more energetic and less nauseated.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#45 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 12:34 PM

Thanks for the support mamas! Feeling much better this morning. Had a good cry, what is it about crying that feels so good afterwards? This morning's shot was much better. Better attitude, iced before hand and was much quicker about it. Made all the difference. I can handle this for another 7 months. But I'm definitely thinking this will be our last... lol

Mimim- that tea sound delish!

Joan- Yes, thank goodness my good friend who happens to live right next door is a fantastic doula, I've seen her in action, she's the doula to have! She's been promising she'd doula for me since I was there for her daughter's birth 10 months ago. I've been having nightmares that she wouldn't be able to doula for me and I'd be screwed and stuck flat on my back again in bed. Since I told her about the dreams though and she assured me that she would be there NO MATTER WHAT, I haven't had another one. I know she'll stand up for me when I can't. Even though I'll be in a hospital, having her there will make all the difference I think. Plus I want several other friends and family there this time. I want all the positive and loving energy around me as possible. Is it Feb/March yet?

Patchfire- That's great about all the herbal goodies! I'm not sure where to start... I'm just on a prenatal, 500mg calcium, baby aspirin and heparin... what are must haves that I'm missing?

Well I should get going. Today's the last day of the case lot sale at the commissary. I bought a case of BBQ sauce for only $4 yesterday among other goodies I can't think of at the moment. lol Have a great day everyone!

#46 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 PM

Hang in there finnsma! I have to catheterize myself because my uteres sits on my bladder from about week 8 through week 14. It doesn't compare to what you have to do but I can somewhat relate. Take it easy.
#47 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 03:00 PM

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today, Finnsma.

I'm doing pretty well here -- this pregnancy is far easier than the last. I have been craving butter of all things and actually have been eating it off a spoon for the last few days. The Weston Price Foundation recommends 4 tbs a day for pregnant and nursing moms, so I guess they recommend it for a reason. I also started eating liver yesterday -- first time ever. It wasn't so bad, just a bit of a gamey after-taste. Luckily my mom lives with us and knows how to cook it well, so I had a well-cooked liver and onion lunch.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#48 of 55 Old 07-17-2004, 10:04 PM

Well just checking in. I didn't experience morning sickness last time until I was like 6 weeks along but for the last few days I've been feeling funky stomach wise. The only thing I can tell that I no longer enjoy is peanut butter! How funny! I tried it with grape jelly and with honey, it's a no go! :LOL

No new cravings but at times I want to eat the house just to make my tummy feel normal again! :LOL
#49 of 55 Old 07-18-2004, 12:05 AM

Jenn! How did I miss you posting to this thread? Congratulations!
#50 of 55 Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad7+
Jenn! How did I miss you posting to this thread? Congratulations!
Aww, thank you! I'm pretty excited, I've now tested 3 times and it's only darker! Woo hoo! :LOL

I'm gonna keep on praying for me, the baby and for us all!
#51 of 55 Old 07-18-2004, 02:16 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to say hi. I'll be hanging around here if that's ok. It's the only pg board I go to where homebirth is a common thing.

My due date is 3/16. Can't wait to get to know you all better.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#52 of 55 Old 07-18-2004, 07:49 AM

hi rad, we have the same due date! congratulations!

i've had an awful flu for three days, and have to keep being reassured by Dh that it won't harm the babe, I'm so paranoid. i finally took ibuprofen after two days of hell. that's ok right? we've buried all the pregnancy books somewhere in the closet so there's a lot of stuff i can't look up.

yesterday i threw up for the first time. it was definitely m/s, but i think spurred on by my flu. just hope i don't have 5 months of that like last time.

i'm going to put off the midwife visits probably till I'm 3 months. we'll see. i can't see what i need till then. also there's a teensy teensy chance we won't be staying here in the uk; dh is applying for a job back in CA. which would be totally insane to move back pg, without health insurance. but it would also be insane to have 2 children here with no income. so it's all up in the air, as far as knowing who'll be my midwife or even where i'll give birth (though it'll be at home, somewhere..)
#53 of 55 Old 07-18-2004, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse
yesterday i threw up for the first time. it was definitely m/s, but i think spurred on by my flu. just hope i don't have 5 months of that like last time.

i'm going to put off the midwife visits probably till I'm 3 months. we'll see. i can't see what i need till then. also there's a teensy teensy chance we won't be staying here in the uk; dh is applying for a job back in CA. which would be totally insane to move back pg, without health insurance. but it would also be insane to have 2 children here with no income. so it's all up in the air, as far as knowing who'll be my midwife or even where i'll give birth (though it'll be at home, somewhere..)
I'm sorry you're so sick and I hope you get some answers soon! We're moving in two weeks so the whole family will lose our health insurance. Totally understand that thought!
#54 of 55 Old 07-19-2004, 03:48 AM

where are you moving Jenn? you can't keep the insurance?

i figure i'm going to pay out of pocket for a homebirth anyway so it wouldn't be a TOTAL disaster, but last time I had to go in for stitches which would have cost a pretty penny without insurance, eh? and of course anything can happen.

here in the uk it's all free but at my dr's practice there are 7 midwives and they rotate throughout your pregnancy and you don't know who will show up for the birth. and when their shift ends, they leave, no matter what stage of labor you're in. i've heard some horror stories. that almost freaks me out as much. without the constancy of my much beloved midiwfe last time i think i would have ended up in hospital.
#55 of 55 Old 07-19-2004, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse
where are you moving Jenn? you can't keep the insurance?
I'm moving to Hawaii not next Saturday but the following (July 31st). The insurance is through my husband's work and he's not being transferred so we'll definitely be losing it for the family. I plan to foot the bill for my OB appointment in about 3 weeks (got to see that heartbeat!) and then rent a doppler until we get on insurance again (starting at 11 weeks or so). I may get independant insurance but it will most likely be through whatever job Dan gets after we move.

Your stories about the midwives leaving are definitely scary! Heck, a homebirth sounds scary to me (am I on the wrong board? :LOL Thank God I cloth diaper and don't circ! ). You'll have to update me once you know your situation better.. I tend to hold on to thoughts like this!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page