March Mama's week of July 18th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennInSeattle
:LOL I hope it goes perfectly! The vaginal u/s was just fine for me but I know many women spot from it. Let us know how it goes!

Well, thanks! I had the vaginal u/s, but all we saw was a sac....very worried. I was sent for hcg levels, and have to go in again tomorrow for more blood....I'm scared this is another m/c. I'll know more on Monday.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
Well, thanks! I had the vaginal u/s, but all we saw was a sac....very worried. I was sent for hcg levels, and have to go in again tomorrow for more blood....I'm scared this is another m/c. I'll know more on Monday.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything is a-okay. Maybe things are just at an odd angle or something.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#33 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My doctor told me all she could see was a sac and then searched some more and found the baby....at an angle that she said she never had to use before and caused me to jump up off the table.
#34 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 03:27 PM

Having trouble keeping up already!

Welcome to the new members--

Doulamommy, you'll be in my thoughts, let us know how it goes. &&&&&&&

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#35 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3boyz
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My doctor told me all she could see was a sac and then searched some more and found the baby....at an angle that she said she never had to use before and caused me to jump up off the table.

I wish she'd dug around a little more, it was very quick considering! And I already had mentioned my nervousness of the vaginal u/s so perhaps she didn't want to poke around too much.

I did call in earlier this afternoon to get Wednesdays number, it was 8,232, which is right in normal range for the 7-8 wks so hopefully they'll be able to see something better if they do another one soon. And dh said he was going with me. I'm still nervous and will continue to be until I see the little spring blossom on the screen. And I thought I was going to have 1 u/s this pg and that was it!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#36 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMommy
I did call in earlier this afternoon to get Wednesdays number, it was 8,232, which is right in normal range for the 7-8 wks so hopefully they'll be able to see something better if they do another one soon. And dh said he was going with me. I'm still nervous and will continue to be until I see the little spring blossom on the screen. And I thought I was going to have 1 u/s this pg and that was it!
Oh, good! Still :

#37 of 54 Old 07-22-2004, 07:32 PM

Well your numbers are great Doulamommy so don't worry too much.They can't always see the heartbeat right away.It took awhile at my appt.My fingers are crossed for you though

So i loved my midwife.She is wonderful.We are going to trade some landscaping for part of her fee.I look forward to birthing with her!
#38 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmoon
Welcome Jo!It is so normal to feel really emotional about everything and i think the fibroids would freak me out too!Have fun tonight,is it a stand up routine?I adore her.The Incredible Shrinking Woman was one of my favs growing up.
RAvenmoon- The Lily Tomlin show was a stand up routine and it was great! She was hilarious, even though I wasn't familiar with all her characters. My biggest memory of the evening, however, was how starving I was throughout the show! I kept fantasing of food (I had had a light supper before) and eating crackers and cherries, which I had brought with me. Conviced dp to stop for bagels and cream cheese on the way home.

Doulamommy- I hope all goes well; it sure sounds like it will.

Speaking of vag u/s, I had to have about three or four a month in the two months we were ttc (being lesbians, we dealt with a fertility clinic to inseminate) and nope, they are no fun. I did get used to them, though.

Wednesday, we went for the final u/s at the clinic and we got to see our little being for the first time! It's heart was beating steadily along, it was well implanted at the top of the uterus. Things look good! I was so relieved. Fibroids seem not to be posing any kind of problem.

Also had a tour of the birthing center. Interesting. It's in an old house and looks very homey and kind of worn in, and the staff seems friendly and competent. I hope the fibroids won't make me ineligible for the center, as they stressed in the meeting that they only accept low-risk pregnancies. We also have an excellent doctor lined up, just in case.

Heartburn and nausea on and off, but mostly off since Wednesday. Taking a supplement called LB Premium, subscribed by our naturopath, before I wake up and that seems to help. So does never having and empty stomache and not bending down from the waste. And I am soooo bloated it's embarrassing, like I've spent the summer pigging out on junk food and carbs. I wish!
#39 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 05:11 PM

Just checking in! 6w5d. Morning sickness finally reared its ugly head. I don't throw up; I just feel generally uneasy most of the day. And very, very tired. For those who are interested, click on my name below for my pregnancy journal.

Gale Force - You brave gal! Liver eating should be an extreme sport! I know how good it is for us, but I just can't stomach it. I have gotten myself to take cod liver oil daily, though only a teaspoon. I've skipped a few days, and need to get back on the wagon...

Amanda - I took my 21-month-old with me to the midwife's office for the inital visit...what a trip! They did have some books, but she wasn't interested in them. She spent most of the time rattling my chapstick in a (clean) urine specimen cup, saying, "Mama...go?" Needless to say, I'm going to beg/borrow/plead for a babysitter for the initial pap in a couple of weeks.

I'm having a small amount of light brown spotting today. Not going to worry about it unless it keeps up.

Just get me out of this trimester! 5+ weeks to go...can I make it?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#40 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=somewhere to grow]
Amanda - I took my 21-month-old with me to the midwife's office for the inital visit...what a trip! They did have some books, but she wasn't interested in them. She spent most of the time rattling my chapstick in a (clean) urine specimen cup, saying, "Mama...go?" Needless to say, I'm going to beg/borrow/plead for a babysitter for the initial pap in a couple of weeks.

[QUOTE]

oh wow!! I had them push my pap back to the 2nd trimester, only had to explain why to the nurse, she didn't like either answers!! (because 1 I don't want it done when I'm pg, but I'll do it if it's in the 2nd tri, and 2. because it made me spot and cramp with ds, and that's not a fun feeling when you've already had one m/c!! So I'm gonna see if they'll even push it back to like 24 weeks or so, closer to the 3rd, it'll calm me down enough to know that if anything were to start, that the baby would still have a fighting chance. But it's been 3 years, I'd also like for this to be a healthy pregnancy!!

#41 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 07:50 PM

Hi, I'm Shannon - we live in Seattle, near the U. I am 37 and have a 3 year old. We just found out I am pregnant - and I'm not having any strong symptoms yet. I get occasional dizziness, some fleeting nausea (if I get hungry), lots of saliva and I'm very tired. That could also be the heat (91 degrees right now). Last time my morning sickness only took hold in Week 7 so I am not assuming this is it quite yet.

I'm in a bit of a muddle about prenatal care. Last time I arrived in Seattle from Australia 3 months pregnant. I'd not had any prenatal care and an OB was recommended, so I went there. Actually, it turned out to be a great practice - they managed to heed my wishes and avoid a medicated birth despite some risks which could have offered them the excuse for a C-section or drugs. They were also supportive of my choices not to have any prenatal tests other than a level-2 u/s. However, I know I would prefer the midwifery approach. I attend a naturopath who was a midwife and she's very on my wavelenght.

I guess I'm leaning toward the OB I know, just because it was ok... and I liked her a lot. But also because I am afraid of these abstract 'risks' of a birthing center or less monitoring. Objectively I know its not true.. but.. one of my schoolfriends died recently due to birth complications. She was in a hospital and all.. and another nearly died 2 weeks ago. Its bizarre odds, but knowing them has tapped into my own neurosis.

I guess I shall just have to see where my heart leads as I get a little more pregnant

Shannon
#42 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 09:19 PM

Hey Preggos! Hope you are all doing well! I'm having a heck of a time keeping up! Seems like as soon as I have some quiet time to catch up on here, I'm too exhausted to form any coherant sentences! LOL So I thought I'd try earlier today with DS on my lap.

Things are going well here. We got to see baby again, still looks great with a nice strong heartbeat. I had a bit of a revelation this week. Just started taking my own advice really. Just because I'm classified 'high-risk' and really do need to be followed more closely that does NOT mean I have to be subject to every docs little whim and demand! I refused the pap that was scheduled this last wed. My fav doc was fine with it but said he'd continue to ask later on in pg. I said that was fine and I'd continue to refuse. I'm not about to add any stress to this already stressful pg! I tend to bleed normally with paps and with the heparin, I bleed like crazy, I'm just not gonna do that to myself. Plus there's the higher insidence of false + as such during pg. Yup, not gonna do it. I've also put my foot down about going back to that terrorist/peri that I saw last week. For those who missed that post, to sum, he ripped into me about how I HAD to have a c-section and was putting my baby at a large risk of injury and death if I didn't and it would be my fault. I rescheduled my 29th appointment for the 3rd. Told the high-risk nurse what had happened and she was very supportive and scheduled me with a notoriously friendly peri. Feeling very... "I am Mama hear me ROAR" lol We need a little lion smilie! Oh AND it's looking very promising that I'll still be able to deliver at the Birth Center! WAHOO!

Symptom wise, pretty pukey, very very tired, emotional, the whole gambet. I'm 7w3d today, can you tell I'm sucking it in?! Here's my belly pic from today. People are starting to ask when I'm due. LOL And are shocked when they hear not till March! :LOL This pic's a little odd, when I reduced it I lost my breasts in the process! :LOL
http://www.duckybunsetc.com/images/7w3ds.jpg I love it though!

Uh oh, crises among the children, gotta run. Have a great night everyone!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#43 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 09:35 PM

Nice little belly you've got there Eva.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#44 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 10:14 PM

I am beyond amazed that anyone is showing at 7 or 8 weeks. How is it possible? The uterus is still behind the pubic bone!!

Are you sure it isn't bloating or gas?
#45 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 10:18 PM

Once you have been thru a pg your muscles are much looser and usually subsequent pg's do show earlier.

Of course every pg is different too. With #1 I showed at around 20-25 wks, #2 I was showing around 9-10 weeks and in maternity clothes at 10wks. With #3 I didn't need maternity until 26 wks and then I was just barely showing. There is no telling now that I am on #4 when I may show!
#46 of 54 Old 07-23-2004, 10:20 PM

Thanks morningtillmoon! [edited to fix the name, sorry! lol]

CityGirl- lol Honestly, I don't really care. I love every little bit of the fact that I'm 'still' pg, after 4 losses, every little bit of joy I can get out of this, I'm all for it. We were able to easily find the baby through abdominal u/s on wed, so it's high enough for that, but sure, most of this belly is my guts that's being pushed up. And this is pg #7 so my body knows what's coming and has done it early. But who cares! I'm pregant!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#47 of 54 Old 07-24-2004, 12:56 PM

I wouldn't be upset by it either, actually. I carried so small during my first pregnancy and I really received so many rude and hurtful comments about it (e.g. "YOU'RE five months??" "YOU'RE seven months? You look like you're three months!" and so on) that I can't wait to show and would love to have a big belly. When I was pregnant last time I never wore maternity clothes--ever. I was wearing medium size stretchy Gap tank tops and drawstring pants (non-maternity) at nine months pregnant. I wouldn't mind carrying a bit bigger this time. Or showing a bit earlier.
#48 of 54 Old 07-24-2004, 02:18 PM

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I've always had the opposite. I've always shown early and big. At 6 months most think I'm due any minute. And I often get rude and potentially hurtful comments like "Wow, you're really bloated" or "You're so huge! Must be twins!" Even when I say, no there's only one, they'll laugh and say "Are ya sure?!" And while I absolutely love baby bellies and have a lot of fun with it, the rude comments can get very old.

I hope you get to show earlier and bigger!

#49 of 54 Old 07-24-2004, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have either problem....mine is I'm so heavy to begin with that it takes forever to show and even then people hesitate to ask anything because they aren't sure if I'm pregnant or just fat. On the plus side I know I'll have an easier time hiding it from people I don't want to know until way into the pregnancy.
#50 of 54 Old 07-24-2004, 03:53 PM

Can the keeper of the due date list please add me? I am due 3-11-05.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is "showing" already. I'm 40 lbs overweight and most of it is in my stomach. Although my weight is exactly the same as it was pre-preg I am having trouble putting any pressure on my tummy so I can't wear the same clothes that pull it in and I can't really suck it in well either. So I really look like there's something in there! When I tell ppl I'm pregnant they say, do you know the sex yet? I'm only 7 weeks! (and they started asking at 5 weeks)

Worst symptoms are severe fatigue (have spent a couple days pretty much just in bed) and boobs that are bigger than my head and in horrible pain (can't wear bras anymore and I now have a 2" cyst). I get nausea on and off, sometimes severe, usually mild. If I force myself to keep food in my stomach I'm okay. I've lost most of my appetite and have changed my food prefs a lot.

I have tons of cramps, especially if I do anything active ("active" for me included a couple hours of clothes shopping from my wheelchair or pool walking). No vomiting but horrific diarhea with cramps. Am also struggling with edema though it's mostly gone now. I gained 8 lbs of water in the first week but have lost it.

Had my first prenatal visit on Thursday and that was fine. I'm planning a home birth but will also see a backup MD just in case.
#51 of 54 Old 07-24-2004, 05:23 PM

Eva, thanks for that pic. I thought I was crazy thinking that my stomach was sticking out already. I'm only 6 weeks and I can totally see the roundness starting. Yay! Pregnant bellies!

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#52 of 54 Old 07-24-2004, 06:00 PM

I think also that one aspect to whether you show a lot, and early, or don't, is the length of your torso (perhaps more so than pre-pregnancy weight). I am medium weight (136 lbs) and medium height (5'4") but I have short legs and a long torso. I think that might have had something to do with not showing for a long time and then never getting big.

Anyway, people will just think up incredibly rude comments for just about any situation, won't they?
#53 of 54 Old 07-26-2004, 10:08 AM

It is so encouraging to hear that other people are already having clothing issues!

I had a full on clothing crisis this weekend when we had to go to a birthday party. My work clothes are so baggy that it will be quite some time before I can't fit into them but I am completely out of nice casual clothes that fit! And what I really don't understand is how my body shape has changed so much and I've only gained three pounds. How is that even possible? There are a bunch of jeans that are too small for me now. They don't fit in the rear though, not the waist. Between that and my chest, well, I just have too much T&A going on to fit into anything!

I bought my first maternity outfit last night. I *might* wear the pants sometime soon as they are so stretchy and comfy plus I think I could get away with it but the shirt will have to wait. I was a little disturbed by how small the clothes are. This is my first pregnancy but if my friends are any judge, I will outgrow these maternity clothes by the end of the 6th month. And I bought them one size larger than I normally wear. Oh well. I'll just ask for a muumuu for Christmas.

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#54 of 54 Old 07-26-2004, 11:41 AM

Come over to this week's thread...

Week of 26 July

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page