attn: gale force - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-20-2004, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I stumbled across this and thought of you:

ACOG. Informed refusal. Committee Opinion No 237, June 2000.

"Once a patient has been informed of the material risks and benefits involved with a treatment, test, or procedure, that patient has the right to exercise full autonomy in deciding whether to undergo the treatment, test, or procedure or whether to make a choice among a variety of treatments, tests, or procedures. In the exercise of that autonomy, the informed patient also has the right to refuse to undergo any of these treatments, tests, or procedures. . . . Performing an operative procedure on a patient without the patient's permission can constitute 'battery' under common law. In most circumstances this is a criminal act. . . . Such a refusal [of consent] may be based on religious beliefs, personal preference, or comfort."

You go girl-kick 'em where it counts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-20-2004, 12:02 PM

Thank you very much.

I do hope I don't need this -- I have found some good VBAC resources locally, just need to make sure they are up-to-date.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#3 of 4 Old 07-20-2004, 12:03 PM

Oh, and a member of the hospital board of the hospital I will probably deliver at, had a VBAC. About 45 years ago.!!!! One of the local doctors was bragging about how he probably performed the first VBAC and she said "oh really?" He was shocked at her story. She just showed up fully dilated. She was a WWII nurse with a huge amount of brass.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#4 of 4 Old 07-20-2004, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

That is great! If my husband hadn't agreed to see a midwife that was my plan as well. "I'm at 10 and I'm pushing. What the heck are you going to do about it?!?"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page