March Mamas' Week of 26 July... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2004, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugggg.... so queasy.... I try to eat every 1-2 hours, drink fluids almost constantly and tonight I *still* threw up. Gah. Only the second time, but the only things that seem to work magic all have a high sugar content and that just cannot be good. We've got too much diabetes in my family--I really, really want to reduce my sugar intake (normally I don't have much) during pg to reduce stress on baby's developing pancreas... but ugh... I HATE throwing up. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I don't even feel better after. Gack.

Jenrose, Mama to DD1, born 1993, DD2, born 2005, and DS1, Jan. 2012. Babywearing, cosleeping, homebirthing mom with fibromyalgia and hashimotos.  DD2 has a rare chromosome disorder. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2004, 10:21 AM

Maintaining here... sil and her dh and 4 of her 6 children have been here since last tuesday, so we've been VERY busy. Outings and such. Had to stay home all day yesterday while they went shopping because I was so tired from the day before that I could barely move. Spent whole day on couch, and when I tried to make dinner that night, nearly passed out in the kitchen. So, I got sent to bed. Took the 4 kids to bed with me after my dd went to bed and we watched a movie. I feel so bad, because I haven't seen these people in 4 years, and this is how I have to spend time with them. Flat on my back in bed. But they enjoyed the movie, and I did get to spend some time with them.

Not so much nausea this time, just tired all the time, and starving. I'm eating a huge amount of food. I'm at 7 weeks today, and have gained 4 pounds. And my belly is huge.

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Old 07-28-2004, 11:42 AM

Hello!

I'm in week 7 now and so far having a better week than last. I have not been sick, but I have had general queasiness. Serina, I know exactly what you mean about no food sounding appealing: just the thought of opening the fridge to make lunch for myself makes me quesy enough to put it off. I get really hungry, then when I think of opening the fridge, I get quesy. find the only thing I want to do is eat out all the time.

As for fatigue, as long as I nap one hour in the afternoon, it's manageable, though some days I just can't get off the couch. I don't know how you expectant mommies handle it!

I have been taking this supplement called Quinton Hypertonic to alleviate the nausea and heartburn. It's a glass ampule full of salty water that is packed full of minerals. Totally natural and it really helps.

CityGirl, yes, that fear and ambivalence is disturbing, isn't it? I have it sometimes too. I think it's normal to be fearful of such a big change.

Jenrose: I hope you feel better!

DP and I are freaking out a little about the house not being ready for a baby, although we realize that problem is at least a year and a half away! Our place is small and very adult. We're going to have to get creative about how to convert our office to a baby's room. We'd love to sell and get a bigger place, but our current mortgage is so cheap, it's ideal for our finances once I am no longer working. This week I dreamed we had a huge basement I never knew about, and we were going to finish it into a play room!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:54 AM

Oh so tired!!! And I'm the only one up. Dh over slept, his alarms didn't go off, and of course when he woke up at 6:30 to call in "ds and I are sick" I woke up, didn't wanna get out of bed, but had to pee SO BAD that I couldn't get back to sleep. IT took me nearly half an hour just to finally work up the energy to get up, and by then I was so awake there was no going back to sleep. So here I am. Maybe I'll go to the chiro today....alone!

Anyway, if ds doesn't nap today I may just shoot somthing. No nap since Saturday, and on Sunday I was at a meeting anyway, I JUST WANT MORE SLEEP!! Getting in bed at 9:30 but not falling asleep until 11 or later just isn't working for me! Not when dh's alarms go off at 4 am, he leave by 5 and I'm stuck waiting to get out of bed to pee and then not falling back to sleep until 6.

Ok, enough whining, I'll be better soon. 5 more days until my next u/s.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 07-29-2004, 03:01 PM

((Amanda))i hope you get some sleep today.I've been keeping my kids up until 10 every night and they don't wake up until 9 which is just perfect for me.But i still nap with the baby during the afternoon.

I will look into the Quinten stuff,thanks!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:25 PM

Ugh. Today's the worst day yet. Tired, sick, wanting to crawl back into bed. But I'm teaching a class tonight, so I need to prep sometime.

And, my daughter requires much attention!

Back to work...naptime is over soon!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 07-29-2004, 04:38 PM

I have to say i think my nausea is easing up.I am 9+ weeks now.I am so hoping that this will be the end of that stage!I can't wait for second trimester.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:40 PM

The sickness is what I dread most about pregnancy. Last time, it lasted over 5 months. Ugh. Maybe this time will be different???

-Kimberly
Old 07-29-2004, 05:01 PM

My morning sickness lasted 9 months with the first 7 months with the second and 5 months with the 3rd. I thought it was starting to lighten up yesterday and today it hit me the worst so far this pregnancy. I'm hoping I only have a few more weeks of this, I'm really tired of being nauseous.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:19 PM

I just wanted to respond and say how very sorry I am for all of you mamas that have to fight with nausea during your pregnancies. As many things as I have to endure I am so glad that nausea is not one of them. I think I get hit with 3x the exaustion to make up for the lack of nausea. Ofcourse it could be the fact that Im working 7am-8:30pm 6 days a week (Home daycare) on top of having 2 very active little nurslings. Yeah that might be part of it! Oh, what I would do for some extra R&R. Im kinda glad Im so tired beacuse it is the only sign that I have that Im pregnant. Well, just a Hint of soreness to my nipples but thats barely noticable. I cant wait to feel my baby move. And even more so I cant wait to have the U/S done so I can see if its a Girl! Please please please let it be a girl PLEASE! lol. I already have 2 boys and Im not sure I can handle havign 3 boys. lol I cant even imagine the mischief they would be getting into together. And what about the grocery BILLS, OMy! I better start learning how to garden! LOL They all eat like horses or is it Cows? Which ever eat more. Kailyn (DD) and I are going to have to start hiding food I just know ti! lol
Old 07-29-2004, 06:17 PM

I'm doing the please please please be a girl prayer off and on. I have 3 boys already....but who knows maybe 4 of a kind wouldn't be so bad (really it won't be.....believe it!!! believe it!!! come on you can do it...)
Old 07-29-2004, 06:32 PM

That would be intense.What are your feelings?I feel this one is a boy.I have one boy and two girls already.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:57 PM

Im scared to even *think* Im having anything. I *knew* what I was having with #1 and #2 and then with #3 I *so* thought It was anotehr girl since my pregnancy was just like my DD but he came out a boy. So IVe NO idea. I know deep down Id be okay with another boy but I SO want another girl I could jsut cry. I think the biggest thing is that we *think* this is the last baby for us. So I feel very anxious about the sex of this baby.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:59 PM

I'm hoping for a boy, myself! So send me some good *boy* vibes

I knew with dd that she was a girl, and I even knew what her name should be. Hoping that happens this time too.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:08 PM

I gave up trying to guess at what the sex is....Last time I had all these girl vibes, dreams and everything and out popped Nathan. I guess we pretty much decided when we were going for a baby that we'd be welcoming one more boy into the family.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty convinced this is a boy, but I'd be perfectly fine with another girl. We want three kids in all, and I'd really rather a boy come in the middle than last - KWIM? I'm not near so certain with this one as I was with dd, though. I guess I'll find out in March!

In other news, I laid down to nap with dd this afternoon... she got up... I didn't... I slept four hours in all and I have this bad feeling I'm never going to get to sleep tonight, which is oh-so-bad, since tomorrow's 'get ready for Saturday's party for dd' day. Eek!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 07-29-2004, 07:58 PM

Well, all of you who want boys, can have ALL OFMY BOY DUST!!

Dh only wants two kids, so I'm praying this is a girl. I have no 'idea's' yet. But I am pregnant with a friend again. Last time I was pg with a friend she wanted boy, I wanted girl, I got boy, she got girl. This friend I'm pg with now, already found out she's having a girl, so I'm putting money on a boy, litterally dh and I have $10 bucks on it. Of course he thinks boy too, but he wants alittle girl so badly!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 07-29-2004, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBeauty
Im scared to even *think* Im having anything. I *knew* what I was having with #1 and #2 and then with #3 I *so* thought It was anotehr girl since my pregnancy was just like my DD but he came out a boy. So IVe NO idea. I know deep down Id be okay with another boy but I SO want another girl I could jsut cry. I think the biggest thing is that we *think* this is the last baby for us. So I feel very anxious about the sex of this baby.
Same here! This pg has been a lot like my pg with my daughter and if this IS going to be our last i really would love another girl. We have 3 boys and 1 girl and she needs a sister. I would be just as happy with a boy but I cant help that intense desire for another girl.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:19 PM

I'm so unsure on the gender thing. I feel no vibes yet. Since we're avoiding ultrasound, we won't find out this time, either. (Torture!) We knew our daughter was going to be a girl. I loved knowing. If there is some complication, and an unavoidable ultrasound becomes necessary, we'll find out (if possible).

I'd love to have a girl, so Maya has a sister to play with. But boys are so unlikely in our family (girls girls girls on both sides) that a boy would be a huge, welcome blessing. Dunno!

~Serina~

Old 07-31-2004, 05:16 PM

This is me, rolling in Amanda's boy dust!

:

-Melissa

Old 07-31-2004, 05:29 PM

More Boy Dust for anyone who needs here
We need girl dust!!
We have 1 girl and 2 boys and would love a little girl this time so we have 2 of each
Old 07-31-2004, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelmo1

This is me, rolling in Amanda's boy dust!

:

-Melissa
OH MY!! ROTFLMAO!!! Your great, you can have it ALL!!!!!!!! Dh is looking at me laughing like I'm a mad woman or something. Thanks for the laugh!

Tomorrow is major cleaning day, I have friends coming over on Monday before my next ultrasound. And dh is coming with me

See ya'll tomorrow or Monday morning!

Old 08-01-2004, 12:47 AM
EMZ

I'm due March 20, I believe. Won't see a dr till Aug 17 but I'm quite sure they'll come up with the same date as me, give or take a day either way. Of course, we all know the baby arrives when she wants too!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:04 AM

I've been gone for a while, mostly on the couch and in bed feeling like hell. I had awful m/s for 5 months with DS, but this is already much worse, plus I'm absolutely exhausted. Some days I just can't function at all and I hardly have an hr where I'm not nauseus or throwing up. I think I may look into acupuncture or hypnotherapy, since nothing else seems to work.

I'd love to be seeing a midwife but in the Uk you don't go till 12 weeks. Unless I go with an independent midiwfe which I'm considering. But on top of it all Ds has applied for a job back in CA. We won't know about it for a while so i don't know who I'll be seeing or where I'll be giving birth! I'm sure the stress is not helping me physically. ugh.

hugs to everyone else feeling like crap. At least it helps to know I'm not alone.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:21 PM

Maya (nice name - it's my daughter's, too) - I'm feeling poorly this time too. Although I felt great during my 1st trimester with my daughter, so this is new to me. I suppose I deserve it, eh? I'm also unsure about where I'll be having this baby, with whom, etc. as we're scheduled to move to Pittsburgh sometime. My husband is going into college ministry, so we can't move until fund development is nearly complete...and that timeline is rather out of our control. So, I just started prenatal care with the midwife who delivered my daughter, and we'll see what happens.

Here's to living in the present!

~Serina~

User Tag List