March Mamas' Week of 26 July... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope no one minds that I started this week's thread.

Our March Mamas Arrival Dates for 2005
Rebecca (Ravenmoon) 3/1
Christine (Cholderby) 3/2
Kylie (Luvmy3boyz) 3/2
Ekblad 3/3
LeShea 3/3
Amanda (Doulamommy) 3/4
Alicyn (mommy2b) 3/5
OaklandMama 3/5
Eva (Finnsma) 3/8
Fiercelove 3/9
Cyndi (CyndiN) 3/11
Kimberly (kimisaur) 3/12
Ang (Crayon) 3/13
Jocmtl 3/13
Serina (Somewhere to grow) 3/13
Melissa (Ladyelmo1) 3/16
Maya (muse) 3/16
Rachel (rad) 3/16
Karen (Karennnnn) 3/17
Shannon (RaisinGirl) 3/17
Jamie (NaturalBeauty) 3/18
Joan 3/20
Kash (Patchfire) 3/21
Molly (Mimim) 3/21
puddinnpeanut 3/21
Shannon (Isfahan) 3/22
Jennie (Jenniebug) 3/23
Kim (EllieB) 3/23
Simplehome 3/23
Dee (Morningtillmoonmama) 3/24
Lise (TOmomma) 3/25
Ryann (anazmommy) 3/26
Jenn (JennInSeattle) 3/29

Sometime in March:
polihaupt
Lila (CityGirl)
Pam (EMZ)
Jenrose

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#2 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Well, morning sickness has hit with a vengeance... I had thought perhaps it'd be better this time, but no such luck. No actual puking, thank goodness, but I suspect it's merely a matter of time.

Also had my first weird pregnancy related dream last night. I dreamed that the baby was born, fullterm, fine, everything, just really really small. Like small enough to fit on a dinner plate. So when he (yeah, he) was sleeping, we left him on... you guessed it... a dinner plate. Then I had to go somewhere with Gillian and managed to forget him. Eek!

Dh and I have already been discussing names. We've agreed on middle names, but maybe not the first names. That is, I know which first names I want but I have to convince him.

How's everyone else doing?

#3 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 10:53 AM

Things are going here. Got back my numbers, not sure what to think, Wed. they were 8,232 Friday's were 8,769!! I was 8 weeks on the dot on Friday. I don't know when they stop doubling. Anyway, I'm having another ultrasound today, either my husband or my doula will be there with me. (thank goodness I am hiring a good friend as my doula!)

That's it for now. If I can I'll update again after my appt (it's at 2:15)

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#4 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 11:27 AM

Doing pretty good. Saw my midwives last week and I will be seeing my medwives this week. I think I'm getting round ligament pain already.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#5 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 AM

So far this week is good. I spent most of yesterday tired and in bed but my m/s seems to be under control now.

I met with the midwife last week and while she is very nice I don't like the over managed care. I have another appt in Aug and I am going to talk about all these "tests" and appts. I don't think anymore than 6 are necessary. I have had 3 normal uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries I am not at high risk and should not have to be seen 15+ times. Its just crazy!
#6 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 12:36 PM

Amanda- Just wanted to pop on really quick and say I'll be thinkin about you this afternoon!! Hope all goes well and you get wonderful news! Take care!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#7 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 01:18 PM

Add me please!
Im Due March 19th.
Ive been tired tired tired! OH my! I passed OUT sat evening at about 5pm or so. I just couldnt function anymore. Hubby took over all the kdis and let me go lay down. I was asleep instantly and slept pretty much for the rest of the day. I was a bit irritated the next moring that I felt that my Sat was wasted but I understand that my body needed the rest. I can only do so much by myself before my body says enough is enough!
I havnt started gaining weight yet and I really dont feel preg yet so that worries me a bit. Altho I know its normal for me. I jsut hate the first trimester beacuse until I feel the baby move or see it on a U/S screen I jsut dont feel that the preg is real. Maybe Im jsut weird,. lol We are *so* hopeing that this is a girl. If its anotehr boy we have the hard descision of desciding if we are truely done. I really want another girl, but we dont know if we can afford private school tuition for more than 4 kids. ~sigh~ Anyway, I guess we will get what we are meant to get! And Im sure we will be happy either way. I just cant help but to want another lil girl. My daughter has already said that if its a boy shes going to scream. lmao.

Jamie
#8 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Ladies, I just went through and added a few 'real' names to our list, as well as pulling some names/dates from the Who's Who thread. If I don't have some piece of information for you and you want me to put it on there, just let me know.

#9 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 01:46 PM

Welcome Jamie!

Kash- I'm Eva, not Eve. THanks for putting our real names on there!

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#10 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 01:50 PM

Thanks Eva!

Oh and Kash, when you have time would you change my due date to the 18th. I had it wrong. Not that a day matters much but.... lol Im sure when I get there it will! lol
Thanks a ton

Jamie
#11 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 03:23 PM

Hello all. Still here, still sick. Oh, don't feel bad for me - I don't puke or anything. I just feel generally uneasy all day, with no food sounding good. However, I've managed to gain a few pounds due to eating out too much (since cooking makes me sick). Sigh.

Can't wait to show! I don't enjoy this stage, where I simply look fatter than usual. I want to look pregnant, not swelling. It took me a long time last time (26 weeks) to show, but I hope this time will be faster.

When do you guys think we'll all look obviously pregnant to any stranger walking by, not just to the husband or friends who already know we're pregnant?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#12 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 04:47 PM

Hey Jamie Congrats!

This is Jennie from mommyshelpers. I was just at your site the other day looking for nb & small diapers. Looks like you will be a preoccupied tho
#13 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 04:58 PM

Hey, can you add me too please.

My name is Shannon and I'm due March 22nd with my second. I've only lived in the US three years after living 12 years in Australia and growing up in South Africa.

Morning sickness just hit yesterday and worse today. This time it seems far better if I eat (regardless of feeling like it). As soon as I start to chew the nausea subsides. I am hoping its not as bad as last time because I'm seeing a naturopath / midwife (not my midwife but..) and taking B6 and other helpful herbs.

In a way I am relieved to feel ill - I wasn't really feeling pregnant till now.

Shannon
#14 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 05:25 PM

Welcome SHannon!

Had a midwife appt today.We tried to hear the heartbeat but too early still.I am only 8 weeks 3 days.So i go back in a few weeks.Becasue of my previous miscarriages we are doing this for reassurance.

I love my midwife she is a lay midwife and she is very warm and friendly.Her 'office' is her home as well so a very comfortable setting.

Doulamom i hope everything is ok.I know numbers slow way down on the doubling process once they get that high so it could be just fine.
#15 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 05:50 PM

Hey everyone,
checking in for now. I'm extremely nauseated.....haven't kept much down today but it's normal for me. I had 9 months of morning sickness with my first, 7 with my second, and 5 with my third....so maybe if all things workout I'll only have the normal 3 months this time!

I'm thinking about you Doulamom....waiting for your results with crossed fingers and prayers.

Serina....I'm not sure I'll ever really be 'obviously' pregnant....well maybe around 7/8 months people start asking when I'm due, but I'm large to begin with so unless someone already knows, they don't typically ask. The plus side....I lose enough weight with morning sickness, and my clothes tend to be loose and stretchy to begin with so I can wear most of my own clothes through the whole pregnancy.....down side, people think I'm just REALLy fat and I get some quite disgusted looks from people.
#16 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 06:34 PM
rad

Im around when I can stop by. I'm actually feeling pretty good. If it wasn't for the extreme fatigue I'd feel great. Not too much nausea so far. *knock on wood*

Other than that I'm just trying to watch what I'm eating and I'm still trying to continue staying active by walking everyday atleast a few miles. But somedays i just want to sit on the couch and sleep.

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to all the newly pregnant!

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#17 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhere to grow
When do you guys think we'll all look obviously pregnant to any stranger walking by, not just to the husband or friends who already know we're pregnant?

I hope it's soon. I can't wait for that part--it still doesn't seem real to me. I think I was showing at around 4 months or so with my others.

Still no pregnancy symptoms here, though I do have a horrible cold which is triggering my asthma--no fun there. (Poor me, whine, whine, moan, complain.)

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#18 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 09:48 PM

I am due March 3rd.....can you put me on the list??
#19 of 55 Old 07-26-2004, 09:58 PM

Welcome Leshea!

Amanda~how are you?thinking of you.

I am already showing.It is very obvious.With my second kid i took a long time to show with my third it was about 4 months along but with this one it was almost instantaneous.
#20 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 02:27 AM

My tummy is already pooching out. I've got a small frame, so there is just no hiding, especially with the 4th baby. Last pg, people started guessing really early (10 weeks), probably because I had to go from fairly defined clothes to looser items. I usually have really, really bad nausea, so I can't bear having a snug waistband cutting into me. This part of the whole baby making thing, I could do without.....

-Kimberly
#21 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 10:46 AM

I thought I'd put my due date but I guess not. I've changed my sig. now anyway. I'm not feeling much ms yet, mostly just if I have to get up during the night, then I feel absolutely terrible. I am exhausted but don't have much time to think about it so I only notice it if I sit down for a few minutes. My clothes are definitely getting tighter.

We haven't told many people yet besides family so I'm still waiting for all the incredulous comments I know we'll get for having more than 2 kids. I'm jealous of all you who have already seen your midwives. I won't see mine for another month. I'm not worried but somehow it feels more "official" to me after that 1st appointment. We've been talking about names, my dh and I are disagreeing but my dd likes the names I do so he's outnumbered!
#22 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 12:42 PM

Well, thanks for thinking of me you guys. The ultrasound was more uncomfortable this time. After about 2 minutes the CNM went to get an OB to come do it. We did see cardiac activity, but couldn't hear it. With the measurements it looks as thought I'm 5 wks along. (which would mean I was getting pg when I was taking positive hpts! lol) So I'm going in again on Monday for yet another ultrasound, to hopefully hear a heart beat, and my husband will be going with me.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#23 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 12:59 PM

Well im doing ok this week, still very tired and starting to fell sick. I have my first vist with my midwife today at 2:30. Is anyone else from Arizona going to Bethany Womens Healh Care Birth Center?

AHHHH is only 9am and I NEED A NAP!!!!!
#24 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 01:20 PM

I thought about going to the birthcenter, it's just so far away from me. I'd rather labor at home as much as I can and not have to deal with a long car ride. I really would like to do a homebirth but it totally freaks my hubby out.
#25 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 PM

Spent the night in the ER. DS had a febrile seizure. This was his second one. He had the first about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with DD, weird coincidence. Anyway, he is resting and feeling better today.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#26 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 01:33 PM

Yay Amanda!I'm glad there was at least a heartbeat.Have you had more blood drawn?

I'm birthing at home because our birth center is 30 minutes away and my last birth was 45 minutes.I'm in San Diego.

Morningtillmoon~my dd had a febrile seizure this past month and it was her first.So scary.She just said she didn't feel well,laid on the couch and stopped breathing.She spent the day in the hospital.She has cerbral palsy though so a seizure at her age(6 and her first one)could mean a disorder so we have to take her to a neurologist and a geneticist for further testing.I feel for you and i hope he feels better!

Feeling ok today,i had a scary dream last night though.I saw a woman searching through all of these blood clots looking for her baby.I woke up wondering if it was sign or just something crazy.I dreamt about blood a lot last night.Yikes!
#27 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 05:47 PM

Hi all,

Week 7 here. No vomiting, and just a couple days of miserable tiredness, nausea and headache. Most of the time I feel okay--a bit tender, a bit easily tired out, but that's it. Emotionally it's been more of a roller coaster. Definitely having some moments of deep ambivalence about being pregnant again, about having another child, about everything that means... the same kind of moments of breathless fear that I remember from the first pregnancy. I forgot how intense this is. I simply can't believe I'm having another child.
#28 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 05:48 PM

Oh! And I think my edd is March 12th.
#29 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmoon
Yay Amanda!I'm glad there was at least a heartbeat.Have you had more blood drawn?

Nope, no more blood! Thankfully. I think the CNM may have wanted too, but after the OB came in to do more of the u/s he looked at her and said "no more blood draws, just do another scan next monday" which is 100% fine with me. I think I can trade off the scan for the stress of having blood drawn.

#30 of 55 Old 07-27-2004, 08:44 PM

Understandable.I had several betas drawn due to my miscarriages and it was uncomfortable to say the least.

Very hot and tired here,again

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page