Who is in maternity clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2004, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, well I'm an idiot!! I'm editing because I didn't put anything in the body of the message.... :

I have had to start wearing my mat. clothes. It seems as thought it was over night!! One night I went to bed in my regular pj shorts, which are a bit big anyway, and in the morning, couldn't zip or button my shorts. Not even my jeans. So out the mat. jeans come.

Oh and I started wearing 2 short sleeve shirts about a week ago, mostly for comfort in the boobs!

Who else?

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 09:14 PM

If I just didn't hate all the maternity shorts I have from dd's pregnancy, I think I'd be wearing maternity bottoms. I'm not showing but my shorts just don't fit right. The waistband wants to roll over (despite my belt! :/ ) and so on.

I did go out today (since it's tax-free) and get some maternity clothes. I also realised I never spend that much on new clothes for myself when I'm not pregnant so I have a new resolution for next fall, lol. I was a bit annoyed because I don't just *adore* shopping for maternity clothes and would have loved to have just been done but of course there's nothing long-sleeved out yet.

Ah, and that reminds me - anyone on here either living in NE currently or have lived there in the past? I'm going to be going up there in early February, and I'd love to hear that my plan of long-sleeved shirts and sweaters and maybe a fleece pullover will keep me warm... *hopeful* Otherwise I'm going to start looking in the thrift stores for a coat just for that one week...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 08-01-2004, 09:15 PM

Well, I'm down to yoga pants and drawstring broomstick skirts until I can actually get into the shed and dig out my maternity box .. But oddly, this time, my boobs seem to have shrunk? Blah, and I was SO hoping to at least make it to a b-cup .. It's embarassing to wear a bra that's tag states "Nearly-A" for the size.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:21 PM

I'm in the very north NE .. and would have to say, it depends on where you're going *lol* Thanks to hormones I did ok in turtlenecks with sweaters, and a zip-up fleece for outside (between house and car, car and work, car and store, taking out trash at work, et c) .. but anything longer than that I'd definitely grab a coat .. But if you'll be anywhere nearby I get my mom's "cast-off's" every fall, and I'm sure you'd find one to fit! (they're usually L or XL mainstream - GAP, Old Navy, et c, down jackets that i can fit all 5 kids in at once .. SOOO great when I was pg with DS (who's a march baby))
Old 08-01-2004, 09:27 PM

Kash I am in NE and based on the cold summer we have you are going to want to layer those winter clothes, I have a feeling its going to be VERY cold this year. I have worn long sleeves thru most of June & July, its crazy!! I did get by this past winter with no coat, I just layered up which being how far along you will be and carrying that natural incubator, that may be your best option

weebitty I am normally a 32 "nearly a" and well i still am. Hoping for what happened with my past pg--i sprouted to a 36/38 DD it was niiiiice :LOL

Amanda--I just had to buy some mat clothes as all of my regular jeans and shorts are so snug I can barely get them over my butt nevermind trying to button them. I went to the mall and Motherhood had NOTHING in a size small *grr* and the only thing Old Navy had without that ugly belly panel was over $30 and capri's. I don't need capri's! Why is it a few weeks ago when I didn't need mat clothes I found a ton on ebay and now I find nothing?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:25 AM

Me.I've been wearing my drawstring pants but i have to wear maternity tank tops.It is very hot here pretty much all the time so they are a necessity.My belly is much too big for my normal tank tops.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:10 AM

How far north are you going? I find that I'm always warm when I'm pregnant. I've never bought a maternity coat--just used a sweatshirt jacket. (This is my 3rd March baby and my dd was born in Dec.)

As for wearing maternity clothes--not yet, but these elastic waistbands sure feel good. I haven't gained anything yet, but my waist is expanding--just feeling "thick" around the middle. Maybe bloating? Maybe shifting?

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:59 AM

I had the good sense to loose 25 pounds before getting PG. So I'm in my "fat girl" clothes. I really don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a closet full of clothes that had been two sizes too big.

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
Old 08-02-2004, 11:28 AM

I hsould really look into getting some drawstring pants. . .
Old 08-02-2004, 11:36 AM

Thanks for all the cold weather suggestions. *G* I'm going to be flying into Logan and spending most of the time either in Boston or in Rhode Island, about 15 minutes outside Providence (near the eastern shore, though). I wouldn't even attempt such a crazy trip - I'll be 33 weeks, I think, just me and dd - but I have a good friend who moved to Sydney last year, and she's going to be in Boston visiting, and I really want to see her, soo... I guess I'm just lucky it's not later on in February or on into March.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:19 PM

i'm definitely into drawstring pants (when i finally get out of my pj bottoms--xtra huge) and bigger tshirts now. i'm not into maternity pants just yet, but i bet within a month i will. i'm growing out earlier than friends did. luckily i wear stuff baggy, so my normal clothes are fitting longer! oh, and i just got my jane's plus bra in the mail today! ahhh, no more squished breasts threatening to pop out! :LOL

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
Old 08-04-2004, 04:24 PM

wah I just got 2 pairs of maternity jeans in and neither fit me at all!! I got one pair of mimi that have no belly panel but they are so not low rise and come up way over my belly button EW : so not my style

Then I got these ones that are called "perfect fit" by baby trend. ummm yeah so NOT perfect. True there is not a traditional belly panel. Its the stretchy cotton jean tapered all the up to my boobs tho! : wth is that about?

So I am returning the babytrend (got the mimi off ebay) and until the credit shows back up on the CC I can't go buy a pair of drawstring pants. I just need a pity party
Old 08-06-2004, 10:18 AM

Man, this is so depressing! I wore my regular clothes for about 6 months with my first (although I did loose some weight at first so they had room to grow). Now, I am ALREADY in mat pants - not the panel ones, just the upsized regular one, but still. I feel like whale and no one knows I'm preg yet, so they probably all think I'm sooo fat. :

I can't even stand my underwear. Quite frankly, I'd rather go pantless all day but I don't think that would go over so well at work .
Old 08-06-2004, 11:49 AM

Lise I hear ya! With my first I never wore mat clothes at all! #2 I was in them full force at 9 weeks, #3 i didn't need them until 5 1/2-6mths, and now this one at 6weeks!

I gave up my regular undies last week and bought some maternity undies They are very soft and comfy but still a bit big on my butt. Ah well at least they aren't tight and uncomfy right?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:14 PM

lise~~ i'm dying here thinking of you walking around work pantless, and when people gawk just saying, "oh, that. i'm just pregnant. don't worry." ohhh, goodness. too funny!

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
Old 08-06-2004, 12:17 PM

Oh great now the image is in my head!! What a way to announce her pregnancy eh? LOL
Old 08-08-2004, 03:42 PM

:LOL

I think hearing she was pregnant would be the lesser shock at that point, wouldn't you?

I was seriously considering going pantless myself today, but I don't think my nephew and his wife would be all that impressed (though my husband would be pretty pleased!!)

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Old 08-09-2004, 03:02 AM

:LOL yeah, my dh is psyched when i rub the salve on my poor expanding breasts...looking is the most he gets to do, and actually even that seems to hurt sometimes!! poor guy!

Old 08-09-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
looking is the most he gets to do, and actually even that seems to hurt sometimes!!
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL

Oh, if ONLY that weren't so true!!!

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Old 08-16-2004, 12:37 PM

Hi! I am very new to the group. Patchfire, just wondering where in Rhode Island & Mass you are headed. Both my & my husband's families are there!

We have 2 1/2yo & one on the way due 3/11/05!! Sadly already in my old maternity clothes! Noone else would know... I wasn't smart enough to lose 25 lbs before I got pregnant!

We live in North GA...
Old 08-16-2004, 02:15 PM

Well, I'll be flying into Logan, staying with someone in N. Kingstown, RI, and probably spending a good deal of time in Boston proper.

What part of North GA are you in? I grew up in the NW corner...

Old 08-16-2004, 04:06 PM

We are in Canton... My mother lives in North Kingstown off N. Quidnessett, across from Scalabrini Villa

Where in Atlanta are you??

I feel like such a goof! I can't figure out how to make a signature without wanting to toss the computer!!!
Dawn
Old 08-16-2004, 04:10 PM

Wow, what a small world! I don't know the street names near my friend's house, but I know I've been to Newport Creamery and Duffy's and the Stop 'n' Shop all near her, lol.

I'm in Marietta, so, not too far from you! I grew up almost in Chattanooga, TN, but just this side of the state line.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:19 PM

Well, according to all of our friends, we are just shy of the TN line! Apparently, it feels far!!

My brother was working at Newport Creamery until recently!!! Very small world!
Where did you have Gillian? We had Gianna at home & will this one as well... Gianna was born Jan. 14, 2002...

Congratulations on your next!
Dawn
Old 08-16-2004, 06:49 PM

Gillian was born at Cobb Hospital... we talked about a homebirth with her, but our living situation wasn't exactly the best for laboring in, overall. This one, however, will definitely be at home.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmoon
Me.I've been wearing my drawstring pants but i have to wear maternity tank tops.It is very hot here pretty much all the time so they are a necessity.My belly is much too big for my normal tank tops.

Im with ya!! It's 105 here today!! :
Old 08-16-2004, 07:04 PM

also this beginning my 11th week- I have added 3 pair of mat. shorts to my drawstring yoga shorts (Old Navy=7.00) and am living in the handfull of "fat-girl" tanks :LOL & Maternity ones I have. I cant WAIT for fall to hit! Its too friggin hot here to be PG!! : :

User Tag List