the incredible expanding and shrinking belly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-03-2004, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's what seems to be happening to me on a daily basis:

I wake up, try on some pants, and they seem to still fit so I decide to wear them. By noon, I have unbuttoned them and by 3pm, I practically have them off. Then I wake up the next morning and do it all again. What is going on? Am I retaining water and then mysteriously loosing it in the middle of the night? How can my belly grow 4 inches during the day, only to shrink back to its original size overnight?
Please tell me this happens to other people!

Thanks!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#2 of 10 Old 08-03-2004, 01:04 PM

A similar thing is happening to me, too....and by the burping that starts after lunch, my guess is that it is from gas. I'm just burping non-stop in the afternoon/evening! I'm on my way out to get some more comfy pants right now, just so I don't have to deal with the digging-in every afternoon. You're not alone!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#3 of 10 Old 08-03-2004, 01:10 PM

I think it is bloating and gas too
#4 of 10 Old 08-03-2004, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't had any gas like symptoms, but I can't figure out what else it could be. Thanks!

#5 of 10 Old 08-04-2004, 12:52 AM

Yes, I was doing that! I did that with Jack too. I also do it when I'm not pg. In the am my mucsles are nice and tight, by noon they've relaxed, and by evening completley relaxed and it's like break out the maternity clothes! On non pg times It's not as bad unless I want to wear a tight shirt, then it looks like I just have fat rolls.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#6 of 10 Old 08-04-2004, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I dont have the up and down size everyday, but somethings I put on I swear I look 4 months along! lol... I have heard that with babies after your first pregnancy you tend to show sooner. I was a house when I was preggo before, maybe this time I will be a skyscraper!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#7 of 10 Old 08-04-2004, 03:09 PM

i thought i heard that you show less with the 1st b/c after that, the body is more open and 'flexible'? i figured that if i'm showing so much so early now, what will the next one be like!!

i bought a pair of demi maternity pants at the thrift store the other day and they're still so big on me, but ohhhh, they'd be so comfy if they just were a bit smaller. soon enough.

edited to say: ok, i just re-read your post and you were saying what i'd heard about showing more after your 1st pregnancy--sorry! i already have placenta brain! :LOL

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
#8 of 10 Old 08-05-2004, 01:09 PM

I am the same way. And I don't have any gas symptoms really. I'm thinking its water retention?? All I know is that by the time I get home from work, I want to leap into my roomiest PJ pants.
#9 of 10 Old 08-05-2004, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

I take back what I said about not having gas. The Rica-a-Roni has turned on me. All has been made clear.

#10 of 10 Old 08-05-2004, 06:35 PM

Ah, me too. I think it's to do with the digestive process being slowed down in pregnancy; takes a lot longer for things to move through your system. Lovely. Dh just announced to all our friends in the park that I've been a fart monster lately. Even lovelier.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page