Has anyone's ms let up yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine seem to be getting WORSE At 11w1d I've finally actually puked .. and let me tell you - a chocolate cupcake and coffee MIGHT make a mocha .. but not when it's coming out your nose at 11pm.
#2 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 10:06 AM

Same here... last week was the first time I've actually puked. I figure I've got at least another three weeks or so of it before it starts to get better.

I can't eat - well, I can but you know what I mean - after about 8 pm because of gas cramping. The problem of course is that I wake up in the morning absolutely starving. :/

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#3 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 11:51 AM

My ms has not been too bad, but it has been worse for the last few days, too. I'm almost 11 weeks and this morning was the first time I actually vomited. I'm pretty sure it peaked around this time with my other pregnancies. Hopefully it will start tapering off soon.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#4 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 12:26 PM

Yes,finally.I'm 14 weeks and it let up for good at 12 weeks.But i do have to stay away from too many sweets and greasy food.They still make me ill.
#5 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 PM

NO!

I puked Joe Louis and milk last night - not an attractive sight. (and so much for nutritious snacks )

I can't wait until this stage passes.
#6 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 01:00 PM

I've had violent ms this time round, which peaked at 9-10 weeks, but now I'm 11 weeks I have to say it's easing as long as I keep eating constantly. With Ds I was not quite so sick but it lasted 5 months. I guess it's always different.
#7 of 22 Old 08-30-2004, 08:23 PM

I had three or four really good days last week. I cannot describe the immense relief I felt. We threw our dd a third birthday party on Wednesday and I felt great. Next day it was right back to awful. And every day since then has been awful until today, and today I do feel a little better. As evidenced by the fact that I actually CLEANED some of my apartment today, which, given the last two months, is an absolute miracle. God, please, please, please, let this be passing. I am so ready to be feeling good and healthy and eating vegetables and salads instead of just pasta and bagels, and taking real prenatal vitamins and not children's chewables.
#8 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 01:40 AM
EMZ

I don't do morning sickness (LOL). I'm very lucky, I know and I try to not take it for granted.
#9 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMZ
I don't do morning sickness (LOL). I'm very lucky, I know and I try to not take it for granted.
MEANIE!

*LOL*
But seriously, I'm starting to think this one's a girl.. my first two pg's were boys (DS1 is 5 now, DS2 stillborn at 28w) and NEVER had any ms .. every single girl since then is progressively WORSE!
#10 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmomma
I puked Joe Louis and milk last night...
The boxer?

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#11 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby
The boxer?
it's a cookie :P

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/JoeLouis.asp
#12 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 12:42 PM

Actually here in Canada they're like a really nasty commercial cake thingy - chocolate with "cream" in the middle and chocolate on the outside. Don't you have those in the US?? Along with Ding-dongs and Ho-hos and the like?

Nope! I guess they're Canadian. http://www.canadianfavourites.com/store/bakery.html
The stereotypical Quebecois breakfast - Pepsi and a Joe Louis.
#13 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 01:30 PM

We don't have them in Detroit. I'm a big food nerd and I am just fascinated now. Canada is only 15 miles away - how could I not have heard of this? I made such a point of seeking out the - oh gee what were they called? - every flavor Ruffles (or everything Ruffles or something like that) but I missed Joe Louis entirely!

All Dressed Ruffles! I just looked it up. Oh, the exotic snack foods you Canadians have!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#14 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't know they were cakes in canada! although the cookie recipe comes out wicked cake-y, with cream in the middle but I never put chocolate on the outside.. I love 'em with diet coke w/lime
#15 of 22 Old 08-31-2004, 02:27 PM

Sounds like the recipe is to make your own Joe Louis. They're probably much better - maybe I'll make some and try.

Mmmmm.... diet coke with lime....
#16 of 22 Old 09-01-2004, 08:47 PM

14 weeks today and I'm still puking 3-4 times a day. I feel good in the afternoon for the most part though.
#17 of 22 Old 09-02-2004, 12:02 PM

to all that are still sick! I hope it eases up soon for you!

The last week or so I've been progressively feeling better. The last couple nights I've actually been able to stay up with my husband! It's been wonderful to have that alone time with him again! And the ms is pretty much gone... though there are still the occational times/days when I feel sick. Like right now...

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.
#18 of 22 Old 09-02-2004, 01:42 PM

I thought I was starting to feel better. the vomiting hasn't been horrible, but I have felt pretty nauseated for a while. I'm about to hit 12 weeks and thought maybe things were getting better but this morning I threw up the water I drank when I got out of bed. No more water for me!
#19 of 22 Old 09-02-2004, 01:57 PM

Weebitty - I am thinking the same thing. My first two are boys and i had mild morning sickness. Now I am having horrible morning sickness so maybe girl?

My midwife prescribed diclectin so that helps but it makes me soooo tired. SO it is like trading one horrible thing for another.

oh well. I'm trying to not take it to see how it goes. I took one instead of two last night and feel ok this morning. It still made me sleep in this morning though.. ugh

Rebecca
due march 20/2005
#20 of 22 Old 09-06-2004, 10:21 AM

Well mines not as bad as it was but I still have some bouts of nausea and the occasional vomit session. But it sure beats what i went thru a few weeks ago! I even have some of my energy back, at least I do if I stay active lol
#21 of 22 Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 AM

It is not getting AT ALL!!!! I still feel nauseous beyond belief EVERY MORNING
Breakfast is a chore! I never really was a breakfast person (I am atill NOT), but I found out that if I make myself eat something salty with meat or eggs, I can survive in the morning. Problem is: I can't even think about the food I must eat in the morning - imagine actually eating it!! At least it has been helping...Even so, I need to really take it easy the first 5 minutes after breakfast in order not to puke it.
My sister is due any day now, is having A LOT of pains, heavyness and contractions. Still, she feels lucky she does not feel nauseous like me anymore :LOL
#22 of 22 Old 09-07-2004, 08:59 AM

YESYESYES!

Finally! On Sunday afternoon all of a sudden I realized I didn't feel sick! I still puke occasionally, but at least I don't feel terminally ill all day.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page