March Mamas October 18-24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
See better list below.... I was bored.

I feel great, except I still hate vegetables. I'm having a hard time forcing them down . Normally I love them.

Can't wait until Hallowe'en. It's my favorite event!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 11:09 AM

You can add the word BOY to my name! I had an ultrasound last week and it showed that yes, we are expecting baby boy #2 into our family. We are very happy and excited. Everything looked great. My little guy is super happy because he really wanted a brother!
#3 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I was going to start a thread, but maybe other mamas can tell me how they are feeling? I am feeling pretty run down and like I am walking in a daze. I have that "feel like I am getting sick feeling". I took a few naps with DD this weekend, I hope today is better, I need some energy.

I have to hand out flyers today for our business and I am still working on them. It is pretty stressful becasue all of our money rides on our business and we just moved here and no one even knows we are a business- and I have $200.... So I better get working! lol...

My MW didnt show this weekend and I cleaned and cleaned- I called her yesterday and still no answer. Maybe we will end up with a UC- lol... I would never go to the hospital here, they gave my firends baby a bottle with out telling her and they told my firend who is due next month that meds are good that they will not hurt the baby- WTF????? Sorry, I will stay at home thank you very much!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#4 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 PM

I've had a cold for the past few days, so I'm not feeling too hot. Plus, I have a wisdom tooth coming in so my mouth is sore. My wisdom teeth only come in when I'm pregnant. How weird.

Congrats on your little boy fiercelove!

Crayon, sorry your midwife never showed.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#5 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Fiercelove - I put your boy news in!
#6 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 01:46 PM

Congrats, fiercelove!

Hmm... I noticed a week or two ago that my wisdom teeth had finished coming in without my noticing. Now you have me thinking!

I feel draggy, still. I don't need a nap *every* day, but at least twice a week. I am pretty sure a lot of mine is just not eating enough, but so few things sound any good at all. Still. Except for potatoes, but I can't eat potatoes all the time, as appealing as the idea really does sound. Over the weekend, I had a baked potato one night for dinner, fries at lunch the next day, mashed potatoes that evening, a hashbrown the next morning, and then potato chips later.

Alas, there are no potatoes in my house currently.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#7 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchfire
Congrats, fiercelove!

Hmm... I noticed a week or two ago that my wisdom teeth had finished coming in without my noticing. Now you have me thinking!

I feel draggy, still. I don't need a nap *every* day, but at least twice a week. I am pretty sure a lot of mine is just not eating enough, but so few things sound any good at all. Still. Except for potatoes, but I can't eat potatoes all the time, as appealing as the idea really does sound. Over the weekend, I had a baked potato one night for dinner, fries at lunch the next day, mashed potatoes that evening, a hashbrown the next morning, and then potato chips later.

Alas, there are no potatoes in my house currently.
This is so funny- When I was preggo with DD all I could eat the whole time was potatoes and soup. That is it! And my Due Date with her was March 19th for the MW but we had March 21st for when we thought we got pregnant! Same as yours!!! Funny- maybe you are having a girl!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

#8 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 02:55 PM

Well...

We've been trying to figure out how we can afford for me to stay home. Here is DH's latest plan:

1. remodel the kitchen
2. put our house on the market
3. sell house
4. quit my job
5. have baby
6. move to another city (Boston, Chicago, Miami or "Texas", which I pointed out is not a city. I guess that means Houston or Dallas).

Sure. I can do that all in the next four months. DH works something like 20 hours a day, 7 days a week so I bet that I will get to supervise the remodeling, have the house clean and ready to show, and pack (and unpack).

Maybe I will be able to share a hospital room with both of our mother's when DH tells them that we are taking their first grandchild and moving to a different city!

Breathe. I must remember to breathe. While I'm doing that, will one of you come over here and smack DH upside the head?

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#9 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 03:00 PM

I'm feeling great--now. The first couple of weeks of the month were pretty bad. I had headaches more days than not, one that lasted 4 days. And I was completely ravenous and could not eat enough to feel good. Both those symptoms have luckily waned though. Maybe a growth spurt, my belly would indicate that.

I got to meet with our midwife Saturday, first time in over a month. Lots of changes! My fundus is at 19 cm, just over my belly button. And she and we felt the head and butt, about 7 inches apart! She also heard a faint heartbeat with the fetal scope, but then couldn't find it again for us to hear. Starting Wednesday I started feeling the baby move lightly, and it is so wonderful!!!! I definitely feel much more connected now. I'm in love!

Got to hang out with an 8 week old Saturday eve and hear the first time mama's home, waterbirth, 5.5 hour labor story!

Congrats on the gender news from several this week and last, and welcome all the newbies (especially Aquarianmom, due on the same day as me, also with her first! she didn't make our list...).

Big smiles, Shannon
#10 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 04:20 PM

I've been feeling cr*ppy this week too. I picked up a bug sitting in my dd's opthalmologist's waiting room with 30 germy kids for 3.5 hours. Doctors can be soooo inconsiderate! DD also got her first top tooth so she's been teething which means not sleeping, more vomiting, and more seizures for her. Between being sick, my dd, and my dh taking his pediatric board exams (can he ever pull his head out of his %@^& books???) I have not slept in days and have not even had a break. I feel like I could sleep for a month!

But I am optimistic! I am almost over my cough, dd is getting back to normal, and dh's tests are over tomorrow! I'll be 20 weeks this Wed. or so, so we can celebrate all of the good stuff.

Cholderby, move to Chicago! I need more friends! We moved during my last pregnancy and it was a nightmare, even though we only moved 5 blocks away.
#11 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSpruce
The first couple of weeks of the month were pretty bad. I had headaches more days than not, one that lasted 4 days. And I was completely ravenous and could not eat enough to feel good. Both those symptoms have luckily waned though. Maybe a growth spurt, my belly would indicate that.
Me, too....ugh. I'm so glad that 4-day headache is gone! It returned for a few hours each day for a few days after that, but at least it wasn't constant, and it wasn't as bad. I think for me it was stress-related. My in-laws got into town about 6 hours before I returned from 2 weeks away from home...I love them DEARLY, and really enjoyed their visit, but it was just too much for me. Everything started to feel better once they left and I could take some time to slow down and breathe....

Looks like we'll be having an ultrasound. Had a mw appointment last week, and she sent an order over to my HMO for one. I'll schedule it today, but who knows how long it'll take for them to get me in. Should be interesting!

I'm feeling really great lately.....not that I ever felt that awful (except for the headaches), but I feel like I have so much energy, and I think I look pretty cute with this belly that's developing. I can still pass for a non-preggo person, but I can go the other way, too. I think the energy is mostly related to being home and getting exercise again. While I was out of town I couldn't really do anything active, and I was working too much the couple of weeks before that to really take care of myself...I feel so much better when I get to the gym or get out walking!!

Hope everyone is well....
Sara

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#12 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 05:40 PM

I got missed! I saw that I was added to the "old" list (from last week), so expected to be here. Could I be readded?

It's Barb, due March 4th.

Thanks!
#13 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 06:13 PM

Out of curiousity, cholderby, how does your dh figure Boston would be cheaper than Detroit? I admit I don't know much about cost of living in Detroit - but I do know that cost of living is v. high in Boston.

Technically I'm keeping the list this month, but I didn't repost since it was already up -- here's what I have:

Our list:

Rebecca (Ravenmoon) 3/1 Girl
Christine (Cholderby) 3/2 Boy
Kylie (luvmy3boyz) 3/2 Girl
LeShea 3/3 Girl
Barb (meant2beamom) 3/4 Surprise
Alicyn (mommy2b) 3/5
OaklandMama 3/5
bubbles 3/6
JoyfulMomma 3/6
MsDoula 3/8
Shannon (MamaSpruce) 3/8 Surprise
Eva (Finnsma) 3/8 Girl
Aquarianmom 3/8
Susan (srmina) 3/9
Fiercelove 3/9 Boy
Michelle (Mtm) 3/10
Dawn&Gianna 3/11
Cyndi (CyndiN) 3/11
Citygirl 3/12
Kimberly (kimisaur) 3/12
Ang (Crayon) 3/13
Jo (Jocmtl) 3/13 Boy
Autumn (newmomma2005) 3/13 Boy
Serina (Somewhere to grow) 3/13
Melissa (Ladyelmo1) 3/16
Maya (muse) 3/16
Rachel (rad) 3/16
Shannon (RaisinGirl) 3/17
Rebecca (MamaGaia) 3/20
Heidi (Weebitty2) 3/20
Rebecca (GeoGirl) 3/20
Shannon (sm3247) 3/20
Kash (Patchfire) 3/21 Surprise
puddinnpeanut 3/21
Trish (Ellis Herr) 3/21 Girl
Shannon (Isfahan) 3/22
Jennie (Jenniebug) 3/23
Molly (Mimim) 3/23 Surprise
Kim (EllieB) 3/23
Simplehome 3/23
Dee (Morningtillmoonmama) 3/24
LoveChild421 3/24
Lotta 3/24
Lise (TOmomma) 3/25
Gina (stringbean) 3/26
Ryann (anazmommy) 3/26
Giggs 3/28
Sprinklepocket 3/28

Sometime in March:
polihaupt Boy
Pam (EMZ) Girl
Jenrose
Carla (carlasher)
Mady (Mady5) late March

I'll have the list one more week, then Molly (mimim) will take it for November.

Also - if anyone knows they're definitely *not* finding out the gender, let me know, and I'll start adding that information as well.

While we're smacking people, someone smack me for taking on co-leadership of my Mothers & More chapter during pregnancy? Please? It's actually not as bad as I feared it could have been, but there's just busywork associated with the entire thing. Bleh.

#14 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 07:44 PM

Oh, btw, we are definitely NOT finding out the baby's gender. Well, at least until it's born!

Barb
#15 of 34 Old 10-18-2004, 08:09 PM

Chatty this week! Lots of posts on this thread already.

I'm feeling ok right now. Probably better than I have since the beginning, regardless of the fact that I'm getting over a head cold. At least I haven't puked, needed to sleep 11 hours, and have had the energy to workout!

Kash, if you want to update me, I'm definitely not finding out the sex and my due date has been pushed back to the 23rd. Of course, I can always change it myself in Nov. if you're busy!

And cholderby, Chicago is definitely not cheaper than Detroit! But you better get busy with that to do list! :LOL
Honestly though, you'd be surprised how many ways you can find to conserve money to stay home. I thought I'd never be able to do it long term, but we're getting by just fine with me only working one day a week! We're not saving or anything, but I'll go back to work when the kiddies are older and we'll catch up then.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#16 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 02:07 PM

Add another Shannon to the list - I'm due on the 20th.

I had been feeling pretty good up until the last few days. I'm super tired, but I think it's mostly because my toddler has been having sleep problems for a few days. DH has been great about getting up with him, but his patience is definitely wearing thin.
#17 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 02:57 PM

DH definetely does not think that any of those places (with the exception of Texas) have lower costs of living than Detroit. SInce so much of our debt is fixed (we have the world's largest collection of student loans), he's thinking that going to a larger legal market will be the best option (instead of downsizing here).

Oy.

As long as I have a dishwasher (a must) and a washer/dryer (a plus), I will survive. I realize that there are other, far more advanced people who can live without a dishwasher. I just got my first one at the age of 30 and - as God as my witness - I will never wash dishes by hand again.

I have been having so much fun with Owen lately. He dances up a storm whenever I eat either yogurt or cookies. I'm trying to control myself, I'm so taken with the whole thing that I could easily eat a pack of cookies a day just to feel him squirm.

#18 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 03:55 PM

Cholderby...I think our family could rival you on the student loans!! We have six degrees between the 2 of us (OK, technically I have not turned in my dissertation yet) and even though my PhD was basically free, medical school for dh was a lovely bundle!

I also just got my first dishwasher about 18 months ago! How did I ever survive life without it? I don't have a washer and dryer, and when you have a child with severe reflux (20 big pukes a day the whole first year, a little better now), I could really use one! My building has some 13 stories down, but they are expensive and of course I have to get someone to watch dd to take the laundry down. My building does not have any provisions for in-unit laundry, as is often the case in the city.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Just out of curiousity, how much are people sleeping now (at night and naps)? Will my chronic sleep deprivation harm this bambino??
#19 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 04:38 PM

I am feeling so much less tired lately. Except for naptime which is somewhere usually between 3 and 5 when I am home, but when I work (3 days a week) it really hits me that I can't just lie down. Still can't stand the toothbrush in the morning and my partner, Bryce is having to take over the dish duty. Even though we hav ea dishwasher everytime I have tried to dump out his coffee cups I dry heave forever. (No wonder it was so easy to give up my coffee!) We go back to the doctor, who I love, on Friday. We have an ultrasound scheduled, and it is my birthday, so I am hoping to find out if that is a little boy or a little girl jumping around in there!!! I can easily find two bumps about 6 or so inches apart when I lie on my back, can't tell which bump is the head and which is the feet, but hopefully I will be able to tell when it is born (ha ha) I am getting so excited to meet the little one and Bryce loves to lay his hand on my belly at night and feel the little movements, of course yesterday the baby kicked or bumped into his hand so hard, both of us were startled. Its neat to be able to start to see my stomach move a bit with those movements(not everytime, but I cold sit and watch my belly forever, just waiting, the baby already has had all my attention.) I cant wait till I can strap the little one to me and go out exploring somewhere, anywhere. I get very excited thinking about all the places we three will go.
I know I must sound idealistic, but this is my first and I was an only child, my parents are kinds of like siblings to me know that I look back, always talking to me like a little adult and listening when I had something SO important to say when I was little. I can't wait to have that with our child.

Ah little daydreamy today. Must be the drizzly fall New England weather!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.

Autumn
#20 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 05:35 PM

Autumn, your mention of the toothbrush reminded me of the oddest symptom I've had this entire pregnancy.

About two years ago, I switched both dd and I to more natural, fluoride-free toothpaste. Dh refused to switch, saying that they 'tasted funny' so I still buy regular old Crest for him.

Welll... before I even could test to see if I was pregnant, my toothpaste started tasting incredibly foul. The ONLY toothpaste I've been able to use is - you guessed it - dh's "Tartar Control Peroxide Whitening Crest Fluoride Anti-Cavity Toothpaste." Argh.

#21 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 08:46 PM

cholderby- I mean you could always have a house in bloomfield Hills! Now we are talking spendy! I would think that a nice little home in northern Michgian would be nice- wink*** We just moved back from Seattle area and let me tell you spendy- Michigan has so much lower tax, and not as many cry babies either. I swear they get taxed to just think over on the west coast. I ws not in love with raising Rainey down state either- so we moved back here.

#22 of 34 Old 10-19-2004, 08:50 PM

Patchfire

That's the sick humor mother nature sometimes uses to keep us in check and say "Quit worrying about all the little things!" LOL I run into that kind of thing all the time and it always makes me laugh!
#23 of 34 Old 10-20-2004, 12:18 PM

Autumn -
So your husband can feel the baby? I am so jealous! I take my husband's hand almost every night and mash it into my stomach but he says he feels nothing. When I do it, if I am patient, I can feel a kick from both the insdie and out.

Can a baby have a food allergy before its born? Every time I eat these organic faux oreo mint/chocolate cookies (I wish I could rememebr what they are called, because they are HEAVENLY) the baby dances up a storm. At first I loved it, but then I got the idea into my head that maybe he is writhing around in agony because he is allergic to mint. OK, I guess that is a crazy thought. But I would feel better if someone else told me what a crazy thoght that is!

#24 of 34 Old 10-20-2004, 02:05 PM

Add to the list that we saw a penis!!!
Hey after 3 girls.... and with me being convinced its a boy..... we had to cheat this time!! I know I'm bad, spoiling the surprise & all, but we are ok with it. He just better not surprise us and turn up a girl anyway! drop :LOL
#25 of 34 Old 10-20-2004, 10:14 PM

Yes I have gotten Bryce to feel the baby , the first time I felt it from the outside, we were laying in bed one night so i just grabbed his hand and he felt the next little kick. : But after that it wasn't that easy, the baby would kick and kick, and then when I wold get him to put his hand on my belly it would take a long time and so I finally just told Bryce to get comfy and just leave his hand there. So he has felt it a few more times like that.
Also, my belly jumps a bit (enough I can finally SEE movement on the outside AND feel the kicks inside) just in the last week or so. That was harder to get him a chance to see, since I can't ever tell if a kick will be one he could see, but he has seen it since it has become a more common occurance. Once, a couple days ago, I was lying on the couch and fell asleep while Bryce was watching a TV show, when he went to wake me up, he actually woke up the baby before me I guess cause he said he touched me and said my name and my tummy jumped before I woke up and said, "Oh my tummy just jumped" A one time occurance but kind of a cool story.

Cholderby-- Also about the cookie thing, I would bet the safest assumption is that there is some sugar in those cookies, and that might be making your baby jump most likely, but I am just guessing you know.
#26 of 34 Old 10-20-2004, 10:43 PM

Wow!! Lucky you! Most first time mommies are barely feeling their babies at all let alone from the outside & others feeling it & seeing it.

I have to say I am a bit jealous. This is my #4 & I am barely feeling movments. I have felt a few this last week or 2 but just a week from the outside. And I felt RIley (my#3) at about 15 weeks.
Either this lil boy is MELLOW, or is just laying towards my back. (Not to mention I am about 40 lbs. heavier this time than with my first (and about 20lbs heavier than my last) That doesnt help any... :
#27 of 34 Old 10-21-2004, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby
Autumn -

Can a baby have a food allergy before its born? Every time I eat these organic faux oreo mint/chocolate cookies (I wish I could rememebr what they are called, because they are HEAVENLY) the baby dances up a storm. At first I loved it, but then I got the idea into my head that maybe he is writhing around in agony because he is allergic to mint. OK, I guess that is a crazy thought. But I would feel better if someone else told me what a crazy thoght that is!
Sounds more like "MMMmmMMMMM I want MORE MOMMA!!!! Gimme me MORE of dem COOKIES!!!!"

My mom, married to a pediatrician AND was a pediatric nurse to boot, was convinced her baby was having seizures in-utero....it was the hiccups.

#28 of 34 Old 10-21-2004, 10:45 AM

Let the hormone-induced craziness begin!

#29 of 34 Old 10-21-2004, 09:46 PM

Hi ladies!

There are a few of us who have due dates on the 8th, did you know that for those of us in Louisiana, the 8th is a holiday? Yes, it's Mardi Gras y'all! So if these kids really arrive on their due dates it's sure to be a big party.

In the meantime, my baby seems to be having a party in my belly, particularly at night.

Also, I am beginning to really "show" as they say down here. I am not from here originally so I get a kick out of the local idioms. Down here a girl is supposed to only have a bump in front, hair should be coiffed, nails done, makeup perfect through the whole pregnancy! Scheduled cesarean, bottle fed babies, get thin again as soon as possible. Now I know there are plenty of earthy Southern Mammas out there and I don't mean to offend. I just am feeling a little like the oddball with my choices, especially the no diaper/EC concept. So thank you ladies on MDC for making me feel at home and welcome.

Mardi Gras due dates!
MsDoula 3/8
Shannon (MamaSpruce) 3/8 Surprise
Eva (Finnsma) 3/8 Girl
#30 of 34 Old 10-22-2004, 03:25 PM

We had our ultrasound today. Everything looks wonderful and we found out....

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page