very sporadic baby movement--anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-21-2004, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. When I feel my baby move, it's clear and strong, and unmistakable. But I will feel nothing at all for 24-48 hours between feeling those strong movements! It's kind of freaking me out. Is this normal??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-21-2004, 10:35 PM

I think that's normal. I'm the same way (19 weeks). I'll feel obvious movement, then a day or two will go by before I feel anything else that's strong and obvious. I think as they get bigger, you'll feel the movements each day and with greater frequency.

Though even with my last pregnancy I sometimes went a day without feeling anything...all the way through the third trimester.
#3 of 11 Old 10-21-2004, 11:24 PM

Being the first time for me, I have no idea whether or not this is normal, but I'll put in my vote for also experiencing this. Must be normal if several of us are experiencing it, I guess. I'm sure it'll get more regular soon.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#4 of 11 Old 10-22-2004, 12:13 AM

Yeah, that's what is happening with me. Sometimes it's incredibly strong movement for awhile and then... nada. I vaguely remember that until around 25 weeks with dd.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#5 of 11 Old 10-22-2004, 02:07 AM

I'm feeling baby pretty regularly at 20.5 wks, though infrequently and only faintly. Basically only when I lie on my back and am really quiet and still and focusing, and usually only then first thing in the morning and last in the evening. Yes, I do lie down periodically in the day and check! I only occasionaly feel a little thump then too. I wouldn't worry though, seems fine for this time to not feel them all the time.
#6 of 11 Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Herr

Though even with my last pregnancy I sometimes went a day without feeling anything...all the way through the third trimester.
You know, Trish, me too, and it drove me CRAZY. I was constantly worrying about the baby, even though it was obviously just her pattern. It seemed like other pregnant women I knew just felt constant movement, whereas my babe was so unpredictable. And she never responded to tricks like drinking orange juice and lying on my left side, for example. She just moved when she wanted to, no matter how much I was panicking.

I hope this one will be a little more mobile! Not that it matters, my daughter is PLENTY mobile now!
#7 of 11 Old 10-22-2004, 12:03 PM

Yep, same here! I was just thinking about that! It's weird. I'm assuming that the movements will become more regular as baby grows.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#8 of 11 Old 10-22-2004, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Me too.. This bugger is not moving much and I was worried, but the MW heard him/her yesterday so I feel better and I got one kick- really the first one I can say "yep, that was a kick" but it was faint. Rainey was just the same way- I didnt feel her move until I was around 21 weeks. Sooo.... And really she didnt move much after that either, she is like that in real life too- well she moves a lot but she is very intervert!
So maybe I have another one just like their father! LUCKY ME

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#9 of 11 Old 10-22-2004, 06:07 PM

me too! Yesterday he was kicking so strong his dad could lay his hand on my belly and feel it! then today- nothing- but i figured he's just going to be like me- up and down- running around one day and staying cuddled in bed for hours the next.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#10 of 11 Old 10-23-2004, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl
You know, Trish, me too, and it drove me CRAZY. I was constantly worrying about the baby, even though it was obviously just her pattern. It seemed like other pregnant women I knew just felt constant movement, whereas my babe was so unpredictable. And she never responded to tricks like drinking orange juice and lying on my left side, for example. She just moved when she wanted to, no matter how much I was panicking.

I hope this one will be a little more mobile! Not that it matters, my daughter is PLENTY mobile now!
Citygirl, with my last pregnancy I went to the Labor and Delivery ER about 5 times during the 9th month, each time upset because I hadn't felt anything in a over a day. Each time, of course, everything was fine and normal. But I had heard all those warnings that if you didn't feel 10 kicks an hour there might be trouble. I NEVER felt 10 kicks an hour! And now I have a very active 2 year old who runs around like a madwoman on the playground.
#11 of 11 Old 10-25-2004, 03:18 PM

I have only sporadic movement now at 19 weeks. It gets much more distinct and regular later on, though I remember last time at the end having moments of panic and waking DH in the middle of the night to listen and see if he could hear anything. He was a good sport about it.

User Tag List