return of morning sickness???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-17-2004, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe this, but I'm feeling suddenly like I'm 9 weeks pregnant again! How can this be happening? I'm 24 weeks and I should feel GREAT--and have, up until about a week ago. I started feeling periods of nausea, just sporadically, sometimes in the middle of the night. They started coming more often. Now I just feel nauseous, and have for the past 24 hours straight. How could this be? I am so depressed!!!

I have barely been able to eat anything and have needed to chew papaya enzymes and had a white bagel for breakfast this morning--and could only eat a quarter of it. Oh, why why why why????
#2 of 7 Old 11-17-2004, 04:31 PM

I only vomited once in the first trimester. A few weeks after I hit the second trimester, I started vomiting every morning. For me, it's caused by excess mucus production from being pregnant. When I puke, I throw up either phlem or bile, not food. I didn't even notice that my nose was that much runnier (because it was all running into my stomach, yuck!) For me, the only thing that helps is just going with the gagging and throwing up the mucus. Then I am nausea free. I try to blow my nose alot and use saline nose spray to keep things loose. It has slowed down now to maybe once a week, but is still definitely there. Hope this is helpful, and even if your reason for nausea is totally different from mine, I hope it helps to know that there's someone else still throwing up.

Mady, mom to : Rosie (4), and expecting someone new : in 1/10
#3 of 7 Old 11-17-2004, 05:16 PM

Like Mady5 says. Brushing my teeth in the AM makes me puke up this gunk. Having a drink of water also helps to get it all out. Disgusting. I think it would be better if there was some food to come up because I just heave and heave and it makes my stomach hurt.
#4 of 7 Old 11-18-2004, 12:17 AM

I experienced that with #2. Felt like utter doo for the entire pregnacy- excluding months 5 and 6. I could NOT believe that i was feeling like that again. It was all i could do to stay positive, and not be mad about it. I had a beautiful little girl- and all i could do was lay on the couch- and say sorry mommy cant get up now.

If you have a midwife- may i suggest asking bout homeopathics. For example- this time around, with the 1st trimester, i suffered from feeling nausea like, "if i could only throw up I would feel better..." which is helped greatly by Nux Vomica. Also Ipecacua {ipecac} is good too.

best wishes!
#5 of 7 Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

You know what? I think I actually have the flu or a stomach bug of some kind. I had this terrible feeling of overfullness and heartburn and then I vomited violently in the middle of the night last night, and have felt better since, but I'm hardly eating anything at all, and I feel dizzy, weak, and exhausted.

If this is pregnancy-related, then something is really wrong, but baby is as active as ever and seems to be bopping around in there having a grand old time.
#6 of 7 Old 11-19-2004, 03:37 PM

Yikes, hope you feel better soon. I haven't gotten sick since I've been pregnant, I've heard that it's much crummier to deal with than it normally is. I'm glad to hear that your baby is being so active and not making you worried, it probably thinks that all of the noises of an upset stomach are really funny.

Mady, mom to : Rosie (4), and expecting someone new : in 1/10
#7 of 7 Old 11-27-2004, 12:03 AM

I hope you are feeling better now. I have had a return of mild nausea the past few days. Today I thought I was getting a bug. My stomach feels off and my head hurts. Don't know for sure what it is, but am really hoping the nausea is not coming back long term.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page