Anyone else going to miss being pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-03-2005, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love being pregnant so much right now. I am sad that the end is really so near. Don't get me wrong, I want this baby very much and look forward to meeting it, but will miss being pregnant. I never had that "get this baby out" feeling w/ my first pregnancy and missed being pregant for at least 6 months afterward. Since this will be my last, I am sure it has more of an impact. I am going to have some professional pictures done this week to help me preserve this wonderful time. I have only taken one belly shot so far and really regret it. I want to make up for it w/ some beautiful professional ones. ANy more gushy pregnant thoughts out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-04-2005, 01:11 AM

I always miss being pregnant. In fact, any baby blues I get have to do with this! Pregnancy is just such a miracle to me. I am not in a hurry to have this baby, but that could also be due to the fact that I have so much preparing to do and my last baby's birth is a little too fresh in my mind! :LOL
#3 of 15 Old 01-04-2005, 02:12 PM

I know I will miss it a lot- my fiance feels the same way. I just feel more beautiful than ever when I am pregnant. I feel so alive and vibrant. Especially now that I'm starting the third trimester- I won't miss the 1st trimester one bit- but the 2nd definately and the 3rd I think so.

I am a bit worried that we will end up pregnant again very soon after he's born- it is a very strong drive for both me and my fiance- and we don't have the money for that just yet. But I can't wait until I can get pregnant again and I haven't even given birth yet!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#4 of 15 Old 01-04-2005, 03:47 PM

I'm definitely going to miss it! This will be my last planned pregnancy, so I'm expecially nostalgic this time. I love my huge belly and feeling all the little kicks.

But, what I'm going to miss MOST is giving birth and having a teeny tiny newborn.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#5 of 15 Old 01-04-2005, 05:57 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I always miss being pg. I love having my baby in my arms, but I do miss the "feeling" of carrying a little life inside.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#6 of 15 Old 01-06-2005, 07:23 PM

I am really hoping the next 9 or so weeks goes slowly, because I know I'll miss being pregnant. So excited for the baby of course, but that will come and I'd love to just savor being pregnant for longer.
#7 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Anyone else going to miss being pregnant?

Ummmmm........ NO. : Right now I want to sleep on my tummy, comfortably and also want to fit into pants that have a snap or button and NOT any type of "Panel" :
Im hormonal, Fat, Grumpy & SLOW (physicaly & Mentally) :LOL

Ask me when Im NOT Pregnant & I may have a different answer.......
#8 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
Ummmmm........ NO. : Right now I want to sleep on my tummy, comfortably and also want to fit into pants that have a snap or button and NOT any type of "Panel" :
Im hormonal, Fat, Grumpy & SLOW (physicaly & Mentally) :LOL

Ask me when Im NOT Pregnant & I may have a different answer.......
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL
My thoughts exactly! For a mw, I am a lousy pg woman!

I am just ready to hold my sweet little baby. However, I know that I will miss being pg just as soon as he's here. Isn't it funny how quickly you forget all of the discomforts of being pg?
#9 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 05:54 PM

Yeah, and For a CBE & Doula and aspiring mw, Im a louzy PG woman too.... I want to quit & be done now. :LOL
#10 of 15 Old 01-07-2005, 06:12 PM

I missed being pregnant after dd was born, but the last few weeks were torture! Not because I was unhappy being pregnant... but because I NEEDED to hold her & know she was OK. I didn't put her down until she was 2yo!!
This time I am in no hurry yet, but we'll see as time passes... I am just dying to know if dd is right & we are having a girl... She is SOOO sure!
#11 of 15 Old 01-09-2005, 02:23 PM

I will miss feeling the baby, but NOTHING ELSE!!! :LOL :LOL

I want to sleep on my tummy again!!
I want to spend at least 2 hours without pain
I want to be able to walk - not waddle
I want to stop worrying about whether the baby is all right or not - it is so much better having a baby on your arms and know what is going on...
#12 of 15 Old 01-10-2005, 03:15 PM

count me in the NOOOO category. I hated being pregnant the last time and it was such a relief when it was over.

I should start a thread of what I'm looking forward to after pg

no more heartburn
can eat dessert without the threat of gaining 5 lbs overnight
my clothes will fit (eventually)
No more people walking up to me and saying "you look pregnant"
Can sleep on my back OR tummy.
When I go to the gym - it's with the expectation that my butt will NOT continue to get bigger anyway.

I'm sure I can think of more - but I'm simply not good at being pregnant.
#13 of 15 Old 01-10-2005, 03:44 PM

I'm currently in the half-and-half boat...I'm really enjoying being pregnant, and have felt GREAT. I am still very active, usually passing all of the non-pregnant people out hiking or snowshoeing, and have very few complaints.

So it really has hit me this past weekend when I started to say things like "I can't wait when..." and "It'll be nice when I can....again" Here's my list so far:

- I look forward to rock climbing again-my upper body feels so out of shape. Not weak, just flabby.

- It'll be nice when my dh can throw me around roughly again. We have a lot of tickle wars around here, and they have gotten a little tame since I can't run as fast, and he can't throw me around once I get caught.

- My boobs have gotten a little smaller again these past two weeks (THANK YOU!!!), and it has me looking forward to them getting even smaller someday...I know that day is a little farther off, but I still can't wait!!

- I've been eyeing the ripened and moldy cheeses with great passion lately....I REALLY want some!

- It'll be nice to not have to sleep in a coccoon of pillows, and for dh to actually be able to find me in the middle of the night for a snuggle. I'm sleeping comfortably (thank goodness!), but I miss him!

- It'll be wonderful when the cats start sleeping with the baby instead of on top of me....they've both decided since I became pregnant that I'm a really nice space heater!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#14 of 15 Old 05-19-2006, 02:09 AM

I didn't know that it is an actual postpartum symptom to feel sad over the end of pregnancy. I had experienced it right after I got home from the hospital. My postpartum recovery was/still is rough, both physically and emotionally and dealing with all the pains , lack of rest and ambivalent emotions made my "pregnancy-time melancholia" stronger. I would even start crying looking at my pregnancy outfits, or looking at my body in the mirror, every little thing that would remind me of the time I was carrying my little one, like the pillow i used to sleep with or stains of ice-cream on my shirts etc would trigger feelings of sadness, in spite of the overwhelming feeling of love i feel looking at my precious baby. While I was pregnant I was sooo happy, I felt so special and so wonderful, I loved the way I looked , the way my belly was getting bigger, the kicks, everything. Now, I love that I can hold my son and kiss him but I personally don't feel anything great about myself, it's like I don't even want to look in the mirror. If any of you out there feel the same I'd love to chat more about this, it would probably help my emotional problem, well at least one of them.
#15 of 15 Old 06-04-2006, 01:41 AM

I miss it. I didn't think I would, since I had a hellish pregnancy due to tons of stress. Had I had none of the stress, or if it had been reduced, I would have enjoyed it more. I didn't start enjoying pregnancy until 8 mo. I miss it now....I miss feeling the life within me. I miss the attention I got from people and my husband.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page