March mamas weekly thread: Jan. 24 - 30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 01-24-2005, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our list: Let me know if there are any updates!

Rebecca (Ravenmoon) 3/1 Girl
Christine (Cholderby) 3/2 Boy
Kylie (luvmy3boyz) 3/2 Girl
LeShea 3/3 Girl
Barb (meant2beamom) 3/4 Surprise
Alicyn (mommy2b) 3/5
OaklandMama 3/5
bubbles 3/6
JoyfulMomma 3/6 Surprise
MsDoula 3/8 Boy
Shannon (MamaSpruce) 3/8 Surprise
Eva (Finnsma) 3/8 Girl
Aquarianmom 3/8
Emily (AnneCordelia) 3/8
Susan (srmina) 3/9 Boy
Fiercelove 3/9 Boy
Michelle (Mtm) 3/10 Boy
Dawn&Gianna 3/11
Cyndi (CyndiN) 3/11
mommyto2 3/11 Surprise
Citygirl 3/12
Kimberly (kimisaur) 3/12
Sarah (mamasarah) 3/12 Surprise
Ang (Crayon) 3/13 Surprise
Jo (Jocmtl) 3/13 Boy
Autumn (newmomma2005) 3/13 Boy
Serina (Somewhere to grow) 3/13 Girl
Annabelle's Wish 3/13
Melissa (Ladyelmo1) 3/16
Maya (muse) 3/16
Rachel (rad) 3/16
Shannon (RaisinGirl) 3/17
Wildcrafter 3/18 Surprise
Rebecca (MamaGaia) 3/20
Heidi (Weebitty2) 3/20
Rebecca (GeoGirl) 3/20 Girl
Shannon (sm3247) 3/20 Girl
Kash (Patchfire) 3/21 Surprise
puddinnpeanut 3/21
Trish (Ellis Herr) 3/21 Girl
Amanda (TXmidwife) 3/22 Boy
Shannon (Isfahan) 3/22
Jennie (Jenniebug) 3/23
Molly (mimim) 3/23 Surprise
Kim (EllieB) 3/23 Boy
Desirae (mamadaisy) 3/23
Simplehome 3/24 Boy
Dee (Morningtillmoonmama) 3/24 Boy
Jen (LoveChild421) 3/24 Boy
Lotta 3/24
Lise (TOmomma) 3/25 Surprise
Gina (stringbean) 3/26 Boy
Ryann (anazmommy) 3/26
Giggs 3/28
Sprinklepocket 3/28
Erica (Kindermama) 3/28 Girl

Sometime in March:
polihaupt Boy
Pam (EMZ) Girl
Jenrose
Carla (carlasher)
Mady (Mady5) late March Girl

Okay, I guess it is easier for one person to keep the list, otherwise the colors have to be redone. So, I'll start again.

Speaking of colors, love the yarn you posted last week Simplehome! I've been hesitant to try kool-aid dying because I don't have a microwave and all instructions I've seen use one...

Our house is almost rearranged and clean enough for my nesting tastes. Still have lots of laundry and sewing to do for baby. Busy practicing hypno-birthing and trying to get in more stretching. Baby is finally head down, yeah!!! I think breech was one of my only real fears surrounding birth, as my mom had 2 out of 3 breech babies. A few of you mentioned your babies have dropped. When does that happen, is it obvious when it does?

So, I didn't participate in the last swap because I was getting married around then. Should we do one for babies as you suggested in the original, Ravenmoon ? I'd love to. Do you want to start a thread for that or should I or someone else?

I hope everyone who hasn't been around or posting lately is doing well!!!
#2 of 28 Old 01-24-2005, 06:06 PM

Hi!

Thanks for keeping up the post, Mamaspruce.

I think you would feel it if it dropped, and it does happen closer to delivery. I've no idea myself, but from what friends have told me, you feel a lot more pressure once the baby has dropped. It may become harder to walk and sit and stuff.

Our home is almost ready, too. The essentials are all there, we're just adding finishing touches now.

I had a final u/s today to check on the status of my fibroids; everything checked out beautifully. They will not impede a normal delivery. Baby weighs 5 and a half pounds and all his measurements are totally average. Couldn't ask for more.

I'm at 33 weeks and yesterday, I totally popped out. Like I suddenly got much bigger. Very intriguing!

Hope everyone is doing well and getting through cold and flu season. Beware, Mamas: I caught a whopper cold last week and was out of it for three days. I spent time with someone who had just been sick, but it turns out her partner must have been incubating this virus (partner got sick later, too). It was no fun at all. Still coughing (which makes me pee--fun!).
#3 of 28 Old 01-24-2005, 06:10 PM

You can add me to the list! I've been lurking for a while now...here and on the Homebirth forum.

My name is Emily...I'm 24 years old and my DH, Chris, is 27. We have a 13 month old son, Nolan.

We tried for a homebirth with Nolan, however, there was thick meconium staining when my waters broke and we ended up transferring to hospital. He came out vaginally at 9lbs 13oz with a 16" head. LOL!

This time, we're trying for another homebirth. I'm really hopeful too because the problems with Nolan's birth were purely situational. I'm very excited! Oh, and I'm 'due' March 8. LOL! Due dates crack me up...I went two weeks over with Nolan...who knows how long I'll carry this child.

Emily

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#4 of 28 Old 01-24-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSpruce
So, I didn't participate in the last swap because I was getting married around then. Should we do one for babies as you suggested in the original, Ravenmoon ? I'd love to. Do you want to start a thread for that or should I or someone else?
What is this about? I never saw the original... I would love to do this!! I had an all natural store & still have lots of great stuff for babies!! (& moms)
Let us know... I know Ravenmoon has so much extra time on her hands Let me know what I can do to help. Ravenmoon, how will you fit giving birth into your schedule?? You are amazing!
#5 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 02:53 PM

Hi all,

Well, I am finally getting around to introducing myself at 32 weeks into this pregnancy . I had a full-time desk job with unlimited Internet access when I was pregnant with ds, so I had lots of online time and tons of online support and friendship. This time around, I spend so much energy keeping ds entertained and even-keeled that I have so little time for me. And what little time I have, I have spent knitting.

Anyway, I've had a totally normal pregnancy, as I did with ds. We are in for a surprise as far as gender is concerned. Our edd is 3.23.05 Our birth plans include a hospital waterbirth at a large public hospital in Portland, Oregon. I had ds in central OH, where the birth culture is so much more conservative. I am thrilled to be in a more liberal climate (for all things, including birth) this time around. I wanted to do a birth center birth, but finances will not allow it.

I hope to be around more as this board is about to get exciting with people starting to welcome their new babes.

Peace,
Desirae
edd 3.23.05, one beautiful ds 9.28.02
#6 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 03:10 PM

Mamaspruce, I can still take the list in February, if you like - I have it stored on my computer already with the colors! (And yes, that is the big reason to have just a few people doing it... the coding is work, isn't it?!)

Midwife appointment today... after today I start going every two weeks! Eeek! They actually found the baby's heartbeat with the fetoscope without having to look for hours - 136 bpm. 'Spike' always is asleep at that time, though, and today was no exception, so I have no idea what his/her 'awake' heartrate is. I've been poking around and trying to figure out what position the baby's in - the midwives didn't have much more luck :LOL but it seems to be vertex now, yay! Not exactly where s/he needs to be - the head's still more over to the lower left than over my pelvis - but better than having the head under my ribs, that's for sure.

BP was 82/58. It's gotten *lower* as the pregnancy has progressed. That's actually different than with dd - I remember my BP being as high was 110/88 or so during the last couple of months with her, which of course the nurses there (a CNM/OB group) would say was still 'excellent' but they didn't apparently look at my baseline. :eyeroll Either way, I'm glad my BP is staying down.

I think I'm finally getting some nesting vibes. They're just manifesting in odd ways... like stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom, and going shopping for a new car. Hopefully they'll manifest in normal ways soon, because I *do* need to do some washing, and diaper ordering, and so forth.

Has anyone else started working on their postpartum 'plans' yet? My big concern with homebirth, oddly, is that I won't have that time in the hospital where everything is done for you and no one has to cook or whatnot. Of course, I'm glad to get away from the nurses and their 'helpful' breastfeeding advice, too. Still, I've been working more on what I want immediately postpartum and gathering stuff - not great for the earth, but for my sanity, I'm collecting paper plates, cups, plastic utensils... The *last* thing I'm going to want at one day postpartum is someone washing dishes for hours in my kitchen. What are some of the plans y'all are working on? (Hee. My Southern is showing!)

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#7 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchfire
My big concern with homebirth, oddly, is that I won't have that time in the hospital where everything is done for you and no one has to cook or whatnot.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm terrified that I'm going to be out of bed, cooking and cleaning up after my 14 month old the day after I have this baby. DH has "promised" that I'll get a full 48-72 hours in bed but I really don't believe it. He has yet to change a poopy diaper, so you can see where I get my misgivings from.

Emily

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#8 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Fiercelove - did they give you a continuous IV? I've been told that I'd get an IV and be hooked up only for the time it took to get the antibiotics in there. Obviously, I'd rather have nothing, but I was wondering if you objected to an intermittant IV or a "full time" one.
Okay I wasn't sure whether to continue this conversation in last weeks thread or this one, so here I am.

What they did was put one of those IV thingies into the vein on the back of my hand. They gave me a round of IV antibiotics, then disconnected me from the drip - but they left the thing in my hand. Later on when my labor went "long" they suggested another round, and hooked me back up by just inserting the new IV into the thing on my hand - which was there all throughout the entire labor. The antibiotics were kind of gross - I remember they made my pee smell really weird and awful and it was very bothersome to me everytime I went to the bathroom. sorry if that was too much info!!!

What I have been reading this time around is that what is most helpful as far as GBS is to keep internal exams to the bare minimum, the more internal exams you get the more likely you are to have problems, even if you are getting the IVs during labor!!! There is a fairly informative section about it in the new Ina May Gaskin book.

And Ravenmoon - THANKS for typing up your protocol, I might give it a go, I really really don't want the IVs this time, in fact since I am having the baby at home I don't even have the option of the IV........
#9 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mommyto2, you're right. Ravenmoon probably won't mind if I start the swap thread...so I will. Guess you're in?

I added AnneCordelia (you make 5 of us "due" on the 8th!) and mamadaisy to our list, welcome from lurkdom! Either way, Patchfire, thanks. I guess we can both keep an eye on this list since I have colors saved now too.

I guess I've been having BH contractions for a little bit, but just started noticing them. Last night my babe was just really moving in there and set off a big one that made my low back hurt for awhile. Had to take a bath to get to sleep and still kind of hurts today. Plus I sware her/his movements have been so strong today. I think we had a growth spurt and got stronger too!
#10 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 09:31 PM

Welcome, "new" mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchfire
My big concern with homebirth, oddly, is that I won't have that time in the hospital where everything is done for you and no one has to cook or whatnot. Of course, I'm glad to get away from the nurses and their 'helpful' breastfeeding advice, too.
I have this same issue on my mind. Since our house has not sold yet, we may be giving birth here. That means a possible move soon after the baby comes, which stresses me out immensely. Part of me thinks I can handle a hugely pregnant move better than a newly post partum move! I'm not sure who will cook, clean, etc. but I my mother-in-law has offered to come and watch my daughter and take care of it all, if I want her. I do! I just thought we'd be moved by now, so no plans have been made.

My Braxton-Hicks have really picked up, and are very uncomfortable. The baby is still very high, so breathing can be difficult. Sleeping was excruciating this weekend, as we were travelling and staying with guests--with our 2-year-old in the same room. It's hard to be comfortable on a horrible bed, and it's worse when you're trying to avoid moving so the toddler stays asleep! My hips ache, and I've never been so happy to see my own bed.

I've ordered some slings, and bought some more prefolds off the TP for the toddler and the baby. There's a few things to knock off of my to-do list! If only my toddler's scrapbook would magically put itself together...

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#11 of 28 Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 PM

For some reason I am totally stressed about people coming right after the birth. I had a lot of trouble with breastfeeding with dd & I can't imagine MIL being here again for that... She wanted to "watch me" & I am not comfortable with that. My FIL just left... He came to help paint my DH's office... He was only here a few days, but it was bad timing or something. He was so mean I spent Sunday i my room avoiding him & crying... He has neer upset me before. He was just SOOOO mean!!! I am not looking forward to company again... If only they could stay in a hotel, or maybe not come until the Christening. (How do you plan that two months before your due date??)

Anyway, feeling great. Big & Fat & lazy, but great....
Got the baby clothes out, diapers to be washed, finally getting the nesting I think.

Shower is stressing me out too, for some reason. I hate asking for anything & my friend throwing the shower wants me to come up with stuff for a "mommy basket"... If she keeps it just baby stuff, then it isn't really for ME, so I am ok with that.... Silly, huh?

Hope everyone feels great!!!!
#12 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 10:54 AM

I've been immersed in the homebirth forum and forgetting to come here. But I'm here, big bellied and eeryone asking if I'm due next week People also assume I must be really uncomfortable and "wanting this baby out", when actually, no, I love being pregnant, and this is by far my favorite stage. Sad how negative the whole culture is around pregnancy/birth/motherhood.

Anyway..I just started doing birth prepartion with a wonderful doula who has trained with Pam England (Birthing From Within) and who will be at the birth, largely to be responsible for DS. Mostly we are working now on reviewing his birth and how I might want things to be different this time.

I've bought an inflatable pool, washed the baby clothes, ordered the diaper service, am stocking up on homebirth supplies, and finishing the baby blanket I'm knitting. Mostly though I'm enjoying this time with DS who is definitely starting to show some anxiety about the new baby and needs a little extra TLC.

R.e. Postpartum: Last time I cooked a week's worth of meals beforehand and froze them. Also chopped up vegetables and froze them for quick meals. Remember not to cook anything gassy or spicy or you may have a miserable babe on your hands! This time we're doing the meal calendar thing; letting friends/family chose a day they bring over a meal for us, drop it off at the door and leave us in peace.

I feel very strongly about the "babymoon" period, don't even want my own mother here for the first few weeks. It's such a special time of bonding and family re-adjusting, not to mention how tired you are, so the only people I want around are those who've been at the birth, or those who can come in, hand over a meal, wash some dishes, hold the baby while I shower, take Ds off to the park, then leave us in peace
#13 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSpruce
Okay, I guess it is easier for one person to keep the list, otherwise the colors have to be redone. So, I'll start again.
Yup, it's a pita to redo all that code right? I've been keeping a separate file on my desktop with the list. My computer has been down off and on for the last couple of weeks (and it will continue doing so for the next week or two - we're finally doing the redecorating we've needed to do for 5 years now!!!) So I'm really glad someone took over the list keeping!

Simplehome, I wated to say I love your yarn colors too. I have a bunch of hand-me-down wool Nikky wraps and have been worried about them shrinking if I try to dye them. Did you notice any shrinkage? BTW, they run really small, so you'll probably need that medium sooner than you think. My DS was wearing the meds that we have after just a couple of weeks. I think they come in 6 sizes - nb to toddler!

I also don't have a microwave, but I've dyed playsilks on my stovetop by simmering glass jars of the dyes doubleboiler style. It works great!

About postpartum plans.... DH is taking a week off work and I've told him that I'm not getting out of bed that whole week. SO, that way I won't have to see the mess. My mom is taking a week off work the second week after baby, so I won't have to worry about laundry and cleaning that week either. I've started freezing dishes. I'm planning on having a dozen or more dinners stocked and a bunch of breakfast items. I also will be stocking up on paper plates - they have giant bags of the good ones for really cheap at Costco. I feel kind of guilty about this, but there's no way I'll be able to keep up with the dishes otherwise and I'm not using any other disposable items at all. Well, except chux pads, that is!

I am nesting hardcore now! Good thing because there are tons of projects that I need to complete. (Notice I avoided that "what do you still need to do" thread like the plague :LOL) All of my creative energy has been going to rearranging furniture, painting, and sewing! I told DH that I hope that this nesting keeps up for the rest of my pregnancy, because then our place will be beautiful and spotless. He responded, "and empty." I guess he thinks I've been going overboard on the decluttering.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#14 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 12:38 PM

I am big into nesting here too. Lots going on in our house.
I fee great right now. I am sleeping so much better and am really thankful for it. That insomnia was killing me. If only I did not have to get up to pee every two hours (practially on the dot!).
I have all of my homebirth supplies and pool. The pool is outside offgassing. We need to do a trial run w/ it soon.
My biggest concern is that dh will have to travel just as the baby is born. He is at the end of a project and doesn't know what and when something will come next. I am crossing my fingers. Fortunately, I live in the same neighborhood as some of my family and have lots of support. My 16yo nephew who lives w/ us won't be thrilled w/ helping out, but he will certainly get a big dose of helping out around the house more very soon! lol.
A friend is giving me a shower in a few weeks and I am so excited. She is doing a really nice afternoon tea. I am looking forward to a nice adult afternoon w/ my friends.
I am really sad about this pregnancy being over soon. I am excited about the baby, but feel so great right now . Just enjoying every day and trying not to stress about what needs to be done.
#15 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 01:13 PM

Holy cow, how did it get to be only FIVE WEEKS from my due date??!?!

My sister had scheduled a shower for me last Saturday, but the blizzard got in the way. Instead, we had a co-ed "lets eat as much of this food as we can before it goes bad" party, which was quite a bit of fun. In case anyone is interested, you can see the photos here:
http://peckish.diaryland.com/050124_15.html

I have been given 100 million outfits and nothing else. Oh, and no receipts either. So I am trying to assemble the "essentials". I've picked up 11 diapers so far (6 wonderoos, 3 fuzzi bunz, and 2 sugar peas). I'm thinking I'll fill in with either kushies or prefolds. We were given a lovely hand-me-down bassinet, so at least the baby has a place to sleep. What else? I think I'm going to run out and buy some tiny nail clippers and a thermometer at lunchtime.

My husband has been between jobs the past two weeks, so he's been doing the nesting for me. Actually, he is supposed to be redoing the kitchen (can I just tell you what a joy it is to have demolition going on in your house?) and it BETTER get done before the baby is here. Otherwise, I am going to a hotel with room service!

Thanks for the info on the GBS IV. I have convinced myself that I am GBS+ (I have no factual reason to think this, just do). And I have some sort of "performance anxiety" about my mom being in the delivery room. Still don't quite know how thats all going to go down.

Good idea about cooking a bunch of meals and freezing them. I should put that on my list of things to do. As you can see, I'm kind of freaking out at the moment!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#16 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey girls... And all you new mamas

WOW WOW WOW.... Some of us start the 1 month count down in a few days!!!!

Muse- I am one of the ones that is READY to have this baby out... I still have 6 weeks- so I will hold off a bit, but this time around I have had major plevic pain and I am so ready to be done- however, with that said, I still love being pregnant! Such a blessing! Only if I could get my pelvis in line I would be happy to keep truckin'

I guess I have started NESTING too... I cleaned the bathroom yesterday- yuck... I dont think things in there have ever been touched! I also cleaned the kitchen, well not the floors or DDs toys that are in there, but all the counters and I orginized everything So I feel better about that- I hate my kitchen- I hate dishes so it is always a mess....

Today- I am fighting to find the energy to clean my office/family room.... I have been searching for the energy for about a week.... I have been very low on energy and I dont think being in 6 feet of snow helps- we have not been able to go outside and really run around for months. My animal have gone crazy and I think DD is about to freak on me- I think Finding Nemo has been seen one to many times...

So, yawn... I am off to find some energy!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#17 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 01:28 PM

can i join the list?! :

i don't have the internet at home and i don't have a car so i RARELY get to MDC anymore....but i want to be a part of the march mama club too! i promise at the very least you'll hear from me when baby's born.

anyway, let's see, i'm sarah, my EDD is march 12, but we have strong feelings it will happen sooner. p.s. boy or girl? we don't know

we are planning a HBAC, and we've been practicing hypnobirthing, although i'm not sure if i'll use it completely or not. regardless, i am feeling wonderful and ready to birth a baby!

i got to read some of your posts and i wish i could have been a part of this thread for a while, it would've been so fun! it sounds like all of you are getting excited. i hope everyone is well and healthy and relaxed.

anyway, i am so excited to hear about everyone's births. take care mamas...no stress....
#18 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again, nice to hear all your updates. Yeah, March mamas coming out of the woodwork--Welcome Sarah!

Cholderby, that sounds stressful, why not NOT have your mom there? We just decided for sure on this. Our midwife said its a very rare mom who is a help to her birthing daughter and that sounds like good advice. Now I need to talk to my mom too about giving us some babymoon space. She really wants to be in town and involved. I think she's caught on that she's not invited to the birth, but I'm trying to think of a good way to tell her that a visit at least a week after the birth would be good too. I love my mom so much, but we're just set on keeping that sacred post-partum bonding time quiet and intimate. A week with the 3 of us in bed, meals delivered sounds great!
#19 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 02:34 PM

Molly-good point on the medium wool Nikky wrap....I keep forgetting that my frame of reference is a little messed up-my sister had twins this past fall, and while they weren't LITTLE (6 lbs, 6lbs 2oz), they're certainly smaller than the average baby. I think that my mind is making assumptions based on the two of them....I don't know many other babies!

I didn't notice any shrinkage at all when I dyed the wrap, but then again it might be hard to notice without having a baby to put it on before and after. I think my wool colors are pretty funny....but perfect for a child! I can't wait to get the yarn to my mother so that she can start making the little felted fish!

I've been nesting for a while, but I'm running out of things to do....I'm down to junk like "call peds and NDs for interviews" and other junk that I just don't feel like doing....but our house is pretty ready! I've been holding off on the cooking/freezing, because we have a small freezer and need to eat some things out of it. I'd like to get a fridge for our homebrew one of these years, since now that we'll have more than two people in the house, the keg will eventually have to come out of the fridge....plus, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want carbonated water on tap. I LOVE drinking it, but hate buying it. Anyway, I'm trying to convince DH that we should get a small upright for this purpose, so that we can use the freezer part of it NOW for freezing food/meals. We plan on doing it when our washer and/or dryer dies (replacing them with a stacked set-up and using the extra space for the fridge), but we COULD put it in the garage for now....

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#20 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Welcome new mamas!!! Better late than never- I'm glad more mamas are joining!

Well, things are truckin right along- I'm trying to get ahead at school and get all my projects done before the 24th. I have been cleaning the apartment and my mom is coming down to help me sometime soon.

I now have my waterbirth inflatable tub and pump. I am going to order my homebirth supplies today or tomorrow.

I'm getting antsy too about people coming over right after he's born- I like the idea of a "babymoon"- we tried telling our parents and relatives that this is what we would like but they got offended and pissed off so we dropped it and said "alright you can come see him for a little while"- my mom thinks a babymoon is great but that SHE should be allowed to come. Urgh- I never knew how inconsiderate my family members could be. I understand they want to see him, but really is 3 days too much to ask for? I need to find a way to work this out without causing major conflict- I want so bad to say "oh well! that's how we're doing it!" but I really want this to be a happy time and not filled with confrontation and bad vibes.

My mom wants to come down during the day and stay with me and help out for the first week after the birth, but she is very high strung and all about doing things "just so"- and I don't need the stress when I'm trying to stay mellow and learn to breastfeed. My fiance is taking a week off from work and I'm really excited because he will be my servant for the week

I am so excited! Grey is head down and has turned from occiput posterior to anterior (after a few appts with the chiropractor). So hopefully he will settle in that way.

I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to some birth stories in a month or so!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#21 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 03:27 PM
mtm

I've been feeling icky the last 10 days, exhausted, just not 100%. Some problems with my pulse being much faster than normal so I've been in for an ecg, my doc's office sent me for a whack of blood tests, I'm guessing to check liver and kidney function etc. My blood pressure is fairly good but was higher a few weeks ago and I've got a watchlist a mile long if this happens come in. I'm worried I'll end up on bed rest, not sure how that works with a 3 year old but we'll figure it out. I'm 34 weeks now so at least the end is in sight! In good news, none of this seems to be affecting baby, he's active as all get out, head down still, and having a blast using my bladder for a trampoline. I'm going to a surprise shower on Friday so that should be fun!
#22 of 28 Old 01-26-2005, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Will they put someone on bed rest over 36 weeks?? I was thinking -mtm- if you do have to go on BR then it should only be a short time- thank goodness!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#23 of 28 Old 01-28-2005, 01:38 PM

Overall, I've been felling pretty good, but I am definitely getting more tired. I don't wake up much at night (just 1 to 3 times) but I don't think I am getting high quality sleep. At least I can still fall asleep easily, which I had trouble with towards the end of my first two pregnancies. I had really bad leg cramps one night last week.

On Monday (34 w 1 d) I think the baby dropped. I wasn't feeling good (very tired) so I took a short nap and when I awoke, my stomach was a different shape. Also, for the first time in over two months, I now feel kicks on both sides of my stomach. Prior to that, I only felt kicks from my belly button over to the right, nothing to the left. Also, I used to feel hiccups higher up on my left, and now I feel hiccups down low on my right side. Weird. Lastly, I have started getting those occasional pains in my cervical area. I ought to look and see how long after dropping I delivered DSs. Four weeks from now would be nice!

I keep trying to tell this baby that February 24 would make a nice birthdate, much better than March 14 (EDD is either March 3 based on my dates or March 6 based on ultrasound). I have a feeling it's gonna be the 14th of March though.

I finished knitting a hat for the baby. It was only my second knitting project ever, but I think it turned out okay. My brother and SIL just found out they are expecting so now I have started knitting a little hat for my niece or nephew also!

I received my order of cloth diapers and have them all washed and in baskets, ready to be used. I would like to buy a seond changing pad so that I can have a changing area both upstairs and downstairs. Really all I have left to do is give OB a copy of my birth plan, pack a bag for hospital, and install car seat in my van. Oh, and give birth!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#24 of 28 Old 01-28-2005, 02:46 PM

Glad you're sleeping, Tanya! Get soem extra shut-eye for me, okay? Seriously, I'm always a poor sleeper, and it gets exponentially worse when I'm pregnant. I wake up about every hour, and since my daughter just moved into a "big girl" bed and has been very restless, I've been up even more.

But I'm grateful to be feeling relatively well otherwise. This pregnancy is so different from my first!

We're starting to get our waterbirth stuff together, which is fun. We already have a pool, just have to get the extras. I don't know that I'll want to birth in the pool, but I'm sure I'll want to labor there.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#25 of 28 Old 01-28-2005, 09:14 PM

Lucky me... I get to sleep sitting up now... If I lay flat I have such terrible reflux/heartburn. I will not go into details!

I am NOT ready for labor in any way! I have the cloth diapers & either way clothes out & ready to be washed, but the actual birthing?? Not so much! I am trying to figure out how this baby is coming out, because I don't think I can do it this time... I hope I change my mindset soon. I am getting very anxious as I pushed for 4 1/2 hours last time & I just don't see me being ablt to do that this time. My mother had extremely difficult deliveries with all four of us, so I am having trouble buying into the whole "second birth is easier & faster".

This is our last baby, so my dh is having my & dd pictures professionally taken as an anniversary present(today). I have no idea how to do this tastefully. I am SOOOO fat & hugely pregnant. (I love my belly, just not the fat around my back & legs & everywhere else... That I started this preg out with!!!) He is very proud to have come up with this very sweet idea... I am so unhappy with the way I look... I cannot imagine being happy with the photos...

Otherwise, all is wonderful!!!! I hope all is great with everyone! We are so close to birth stories!!!!!!
#26 of 28 Old 01-29-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teensy
I think the baby dropped... I have started getting those occasional pains in my cervical area.
Me, too! Such a wierd sensation, and my belly suddenly looks very different. everyone noticed a sudden change. And even wierder last night I was leaking colostrum and felt so full to bursting I was tempted to wake DS (who weaned a few months ago) and offer him some!

All kind of nice, but it feels way too early for me. I'm only 33 1/2 weeks. So I'm talking to the baby letting it know it's okay to hang out in there another 5 weeks at least.
#27 of 28 Old 01-31-2005, 09:31 PM

Hello all, I am new here and stumbled upon this community. I really like it so far, and would like to be added to the list!
I am due March 3 - (although I think it may happen earlier) and we are expecting a boy to name: Solomon Ishmael.
We just got his swing, and I put it together all by myself. We are expecting his crib any day now, still no car seat, as my husband is the biggest procrastinator I've evr met, (it drives me nuts, I am a control freak).
#28 of 28 Old 02-01-2005, 12:01 AM

Okay I've been somewhat lurking and posting a bit the past month. I am 23 due with number two, mystery baby on March 11th.

Samuel Isidore if a boy. . . Zita Annunciata if a girl.

I finally went out and bought a new car seat and ordered my birth kit and assembled 90 percent of the stuff the midwife wants me to have on hand.

I still have to tell out renters downstairs (we rent out our basement) that we are having a hombirth and continue to cram stuff into our bedroom, we are currently all three in one bedroom, stuff and all, and now we have to make room for the new one. It will be a cozy way to enjoy these last weeks of winter.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page