March Mamas Weekly Thread: 7 Feb - 13 Feb - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I'm getting a little early of a start.

Our list:

Rebecca (Ravenmoon) 3/1 Girl
Christine (Cholderby) 3/2 Boy
Kylie (luvmy3boyz) 3/2 Girl
LeShea 3/3 Girl
Barb (meant2beamom) 3/4 Surprise
Alicyn (mommy2b) 3/5
OaklandMama 3/5
bubbles 3/6
JoyfulMomma 3/6 Surprise
MsDoula 3/8
Shannon (MamaSpruce) 3/8 Surprise
Aquarianmom 3/8
Emily (AnneCordelia) 3/8
Eva (Finnsma) 3/8 Girl
Susan (srmina) 3/9 Boy
Fiercelove 3/9 Boy
Michelle (Mtm) 3/10 Boy
Dawn&Gianna 3/11
Cyndi (CyndiN) 3/11
mommyto2 3/11 Surprise
Citygirl 3/12
Kimberly (kimisaur) 3/12
Sarah (mamasarah) 3/12 Surprise
Ang (Crayon) 3/13 Surprise
Jo (Jocmtl) 3/13 Boy
Autumn (newmomma2005) 3/13 Boy
Serina (Somewhere to grow) 3/13 Girl
Annabelle's Wish 3/13
Melissa (Ladyelmo1) 3/16
Maya (muse) 3/16
Rachel (rad) 3/16
Shannon (RaisinGirl) 3/17
Wildcrafter 3/18 Surprise
Rebecca (MamaGaia) 3/20
Heidi (Weebitty2) 3/20
Rebecca (GeoGirl) 3/20 Girl
Shannon (sm3247) 3/20 Girl
Tiffany (TTaylor) 3/20 Girl
Kash (Patchfire) 3/21 Surprise
puddinnpeanut 3/21
Trish (Ellis Herr) 3/21 Girl
Amanda (TXmidwife) 3/22 Boy
Shannon (Isfahan) 3/22
Desirae (mamadaisy) 3/23
Jennie (Jenniebug) 3/23
Kim (EllieB) 3/23 Boy
Molly (Mimim) 3/23 Surprise
Simplehome 3/23 Boy
Dee (Morningtillmoonmama) 3/24 Boy
Jen (LoveChild421) 3/24 Boy
Lotta 3/24
Lise (TOmomma) 3/25 Surprise
Gina (stringbean) 3/26 Boy
Ryann (anazmommy) 3/26
Giggs 3/28
Sprinklepocket 3/28
Erica (Kindermama) 3/28 Girl

Sometime in March:
polihaupt Boy
Pam (EMZ) Girl
Jenrose
Carla (carlasher)
Mady (Mady5) late March Girl

I *think* that's the complete list... PM me if I need to make any changes/ add any information.

How's everyone doing on their 'to do' lists and so on? I've managed to get a few things done and bought a few things... tomorrow I'm off to the dollar store (again!) to get a few more supplies. I refuse to pay non-dollar store for some of this. :LOL

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#2 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 03:58 AM

I finally finished all the birth stuff (with the help of the dollar store!). I also took out the gender neutral baby clothes and put them in the drawer, and bought some new socks (somehow most of the newborn socks had gotten lost). I had gotten rid of all the sleepers and other snappy things and actually bought a few new items -- I'm going for easy potty access -- but if this baby is a girl, I don't know where I am going to put all the clothes! Dd got so many newborn-size dresses as gifts.

Any clever ideas for storing baby clothes and diapers (in our cribless family bedroom, without buying a whole new piece of furniture)? The free drawer in our dresser is kind of small and already packed with just the gender neutral clothes we currently have. Right now I'm looking for a big basket to hold the diapers...

Oye Yemaya oloto
#3 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 AM

eminer - we bought a $20 "chest of drawers" at Target. It has 2 small and 2 larger drawers, that seems to work for now. Its plastic, so we are hiding it in the closet. I'm sure I'll get irritated with the drawers before long, but its tiding us over till we can scrape some money together for "real" furniture.

DH had been off work for 2 weeks, so he decided to redo the kitchen. And bathroom. And family room. And hallway. Oh, and paint the dining room. My house looks like a Home Depot exploded into it. He starts his new job today, and I seriously hope he has enough energy when he comes home to start cleaning stuff up! I guess he's doing the nesting for me.

Anyone else getting ready to make the move to SAHM? I had been making comments like "we'll see how it goes on maternity leave", but I really doubt that I'm coming back. Its a lot less scary than I thought it would be.

My midwife has taken on a student midwife and I really, really like her. I like my MW too, but I feel quite a connection to the student MW maybe because she's my age. She's never seen an ABC birth before (she's an RN, so she has seen "regular" births) and mine could be her first. I'm really pumped up about her, even though that means one more person in the room.

I won't have a kitchen for another 3 weeks as the counter tops are backordered. So we are eating like 11 yo runaways. I had a yogurt, carrots, and an apple for dinner last night. I cannot express how much I want my kitchen finished! Anyone want to place bets on the likelihood that the counters are scheduled to be installed as I go into labor? At least I'm not planning on a homebirth. I bet the granite people have never had an installation gig like THAT!!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#4 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey girls,

Christine- I have counter tops but no cabnets (sp) so.... I understand you pain girl!

I am feeling- Well, okay I guess... We are making what is now DDs play/guest room into my office and moving the play/guest room to what is now my office. Well acutualy we already moved everything- so now I am in a crazy mess of clutter- I am trying so hard to unclutter my house before the baby comes. But when I am cleaning I have to stop every 10-20 min because my back starts to kill me. My hips and pelvis have made it almost unbareable to sleep- so I am tired on top of it. I hate cleaning anyhow so this is really not fun- not to mention we are also moving 2 rooms down stairs- making the dinning room a play room for the kids and moving everything that was in our livingroom (witch was the dinning room) into the "real" living room. I am so glad that my MW is re doing her house too- she doesnt mind birthing this baby in my mess

I had a MW appt on Sat- I have not gained any weight. I was kinda suprised, this is when I put on the most weight with Rainey. I have not been eating much, I have been on a low in the hunger department But I am still eating normal- just not for 2

So I am nearly 36 weeks- getting excited!! I am due on the 13th and DD was due March 19th 2 years ago- and I went over 2 weeks with her- she was born March 31st. DH keeps telling me this baby will be born on Raineys b-day... He has another thing coming- I will be running miles before the 31st hits! This baby will come out sooner I am thinking the 9th. I guess we will see- but you better bet your a$$ I am not going to the 31st :LOL

Hugs mamas- I am so excited to meet my baby, but I need a few more weeks- still need to find time to work on the diapers... Never enought time.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#5 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminer
Any clever ideas for storing baby clothes and diapers (in our cribless family bedroom, without buying a whole new piece of furniture)?
I just bought a storage cart with four shelves (wire/metal frame) for $7.88 from Walmart for the diapers, and a canvas sweater shelf (has eight 12" x 12" hanging "shelves") that hangs from the closet rod for $9.99 from Meijer (grocery store). I plan to store any extras in a Rubbermaid tote in the closet.

Midwife came over today. I'm measuring well, gaining loads and loads of weight (five lbs. in the last three weeks), and showing signs of the end (or the beginning!). We're praying that this baby holds out for two more weeks (until 2/20) so I can reach 37. The midwives have said that even if she comes now, they'd come and assist--it's totally my call. Some 35 weekers have breathing problems, some don't. My daughter didn't. But I think I'm going to wait and see what happens. Maybe I'll feel like going to the hospital if she comes this week (but likely, I won't). What would you do?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#6 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Erin, we had this plastic 'nursery cart' (they sold it at Babies R Us) w/ dd - probably something similar to what Christine has. Some shelves, a big bin, and a little 'laundry hamper' in it. Later we moved it into the closet. It didn't hold a ton of stuff, but it held all those non-clothing things - blankets, burp cloths, and so on.

The other idea - you know those pretty 'photo boxes'? I'm planning to get some for *my* bedroom for extra storage - they look nice, they're covered, and who's going to know what's inside?

We stripped the bathroom's wallpaper last weekend, and cleaned the adhesive off this weekend (yuck!), so during the week this week we're going to spackle and sand and get ready to prime and paint the walls next weekend. It's been v. annoying, though, because I can't shower in 'my' bathroom and have to shower in dh's. AND dd doesn't want to potty in there while it's 'broken.'

Dd is utterly convinced this is a girl. She gives lip service to 'she or he' but if she brings the baby up, the baby is a girl, and she won't even talk about any other possibility. It's a little worrisome... and the reason she will not be the one announcing the gender. She wouldn't even look, just say it was a girl! :LOL

Still have no diapers for this kid... . My mom has said she wants to help out with the cost but can't for another couple of weeks. We did buy one package of newborn disposables, but after that 40, I've got to find some cloth... oops. (I decided that one, I didn't want to try to get meconium out of the cloth dipes, and two, I didn't want to have to do laundry the first day or two postpartum... while I'll have help around, I just really doubt any of them are going to be jumping up to do diaper laundry!)

Anyone got any good ideas for early labor 'projects'? I figure by the time I call everyone, set up the fishy pool, and get out the supplies, I may be done with early labor, but then again, you never know, so I'm trying to have a nice long list to pick from...

#7 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby
Anyone else getting ready to make the move to SAHM? I had been making comments like "we'll see how it goes on maternity leave", but I really doubt that I'm coming back. Its a lot less scary than I thought it would be.
Christine, yes, I'm also getting ready to make that transition. At first it was really wigging me out, but now I'm really looking forward to it (especially since I currently have a job I really don't enjoy...). I doubt it will be for more than 18 months, so I plan to enjoy it! I wonder, however, if I'll end up feeling isolated, bored, or just so happy I'lll never want to work again.

Wow, lots of home renovation stuff going on this week! We nearly had a nervous breakdown just painting the baby's room!

OK, this is really goofy but I just got really excited washing all the halnd-me-downs and clothing we've gotten as gifts. I couldn't stop lifting the lid of the washer up to check how those little pj's and recieving blankets were holding up!

35 weeks and counting. Feel ok, though increasingly uncomfortable when seated or lying down. I'm also having lots of pain in my left rib, and I'm not sure if it's baby placement or if I bruised myself when coughing when I had a bad cold two weeks ago. It really hurts when I cough.

Had a great appointment with our doula last week, all about preparing for labor and what to expect at the hospital. It was so empowering.

Labor activities? Our doula was just telling us that she often bumps into women in her neighborhood who have large families (5+ kids) at the supermarket, and they'll be like, "oh, yah, I'm in labor. I'll have the baby tonight," all calm and casual about it. I don't think I'll be grocery shopping, but in early labor I'm thinking baking muffins, watching a video, maybe going for a walk.
#8 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 05:28 PM

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd put in an update. I managed to gain back my 3 pounds, which made me happy. (I was aiming for 5, but oh well) MW still doesn't seem concerned, so I try not to worry about it. Baby is good sized and active, that's all that matters. I'll be 35 weeks on Weds., and I'm praying my hips hold out until term. One side sciatica, the other side just hurts. Can't sleep really well, as I am constantly tossing and turning due to the hip pain.

I've got nothing ready for this child. I feel awful about it, but I have no energy or stamina, and every time I get motivated, something comes up. I need DH to help me, but our lives are so busy, it seems that it keeps getting put off. I suppose things will happen awful fast if babe comes early!! :LOL

Why do I KEEP thinking this baby is a boy??? Ultrasound at 18 weeks said a girl, I keep refering to her as "Sarah", the name we picked out, and telling everyone we are having a girl, yet I keep thinking that the US was wrong and it's a boy. Wishful thinking??? I really thought it was a boy in the beginning, and I just can't seem to stop. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Sooooo looking forward to holding this baby!!!!! My mom bought me a sling, and I put it on at least once every couple days and sigh. Such a cornball.

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#9 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocmtl
Christine, yes, I'm also getting ready to make that transition. At first it was really wigging me out, but now I'm really looking forward to it (especially since I currently have a job I really don't enjoy...). I doubt it will be for more than 18 months, so I plan to enjoy it! I wonder, however, if I'll end up feeling isolated, bored, or just so happy I'lll never want to work again.
I hear that! I so wish we lived in a neighborhood like the one I grew up in, with lots of moms and kids everywhere. Instead we don't even know our next door neighbors, and we've lived there 2 years!

We don't have any friends with kids; I guess I'm hoping to be able to meet some new people pretty quickly, or else I'll probably go nuts at home by myself. Being PG has already kind of isolated us from our friends (I'm not too keen on the bar scene at the moment ). It's a scary transition.

#10 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 05:46 PM

Early labor ideas: I baked a cake- but DD was not born until 3 days later, so we ate it during my labor and after she was born

Melissa- My friend (justice2) was told she was having a girl and then she had another U/S I think within a week of her baby being born and "she" had a bit of a friend in the dept. So, it turned out "SHE' was a "HE" :LOL It could happen. I personaly love the suprise. And, honey I hear you on the hip pain. Last night when I turned my hip popped and so did my plevis in like 4 places, it didnt feel good! I hate this hip/pelvis pain, I didnt get this until I went over my DDate with DD- this time I have had this from about month 5- it is not fun!

I also have nothing ready- NOTHING and the house is a mess and I have yet to really go in pull out clothes- I do have them all in the closet, but I have yet to look at them and pull a few of yellow or green ones out! I have no energy- and what very little I have goes to DD. I have not bought a single thing for this baby- not a thing! I feel so bad- and I have made about 18 prefolds and 5 fitted but that is not even close to what I need, and I still need to make this baby covers and make DD covers- sigh.... To find the time.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#11 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 06:19 PM

wow! everyone is getting so close! I'm wondering who will go first too! It most likely won't be me since I'm only going to be 34 weeks thursday!

It has just dawned on me that I have to stop being so lazy and get my butt in gear if I am ever going to finish up all the papers and school projects before he gets here! But here I am on MDC instead of on my school's Psych database! I just can't get my mind off the baby and on my projects!

I'm feeling great- have been taking more walks and have been building up my endurance. I'm so excited that in 2 weeks we'll be in the "safe zone." Oh I better go order my home birth kit!

I'm going to try and stop lurking around MDC so much and get things ready in real life!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#12 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 06:45 PM

Hi everyone!

We're doing some shifting around the house too, but not nearly as extreme as some of you--ambitious! We get our king futon and frame delivered this week! We did splurge for a dresser too. It's changing table height but will be good for the kiddo for the long haul. Haven't washed and put anything in it yet though...

I'm really busy hangin' with my butt in the air lately. I'm almost 36 weeks and baby is breech so we're intensively, like every 2 hours, trying positions and coaxing he/she to turn. It's a lot of work and I'm trying hard to stay optimistic. We're also going to the acupuncturist on Wednesday. So please send spinning baby vibes my way!
#13 of 36 Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Busy weekend here, too, although somehow it managed to feel relaxing...

Went snowshoeing on Saturday, since we got our first snow in a while up in the mountains. It has been a horrid season in the PNW for snow...but there's still time for it to turn around! On the flip side, we've had some gorgeous days down low here, so it's not so bad. The snowshoeing felt GREAT, although I think I redefined the word SLOW. Although, we still passed everyone we came to on the trail.... :LOL

Yesterday we had a bunch of people over to celebrate the coming of the baby. All ages, from 8 months to 91 years, with nearly every decade in-between! Tons of great food, and good people. I feel like we spent the rest of the day recovering, just sitting quietly and reading in bed before we finally went to sleep around 8:30PM!!

Today I've just cleaned out our office, which had a bit of a fabric explosion earlier in the week. It's nearly ready for my in-laws to come in a few months, although I'm sure I'll manage to make a mess in there again.

Last week I finished my swap gift for Mommyto2!! I have it all packaged up, but who knows how long it'll take me to get to the post office...hopefully by Wednesday, so you might see it by the end of the week! Hope you like it!

For me, the "safe zone" starts at 37 weeks-that's when we can go to the birth center instead of the hospital. Only about 3.5 more weeks left! Our friends keep asking me when the baby is coming, and are perplexed by my answer of "anytime in the next 4-9 weeks" They just don't get that babies keep their own schedules....

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#14 of 36 Old 02-08-2005, 11:00 AM

Is anyone else having intense hot flashes?

My MW didn't make a big deal of them, but my mom was telling me that she's never heard of pregnant ladies having hot flashes. Luckily I'm only having them at night now, so I can rip off my clothes when needed.

#15 of 36 Old 02-08-2005, 11:37 AM

cholderby- me too! It just started in the last week or so and I was thinking it was due to the "hot" weather we have been having here up north- but I guess not! And we got snow last night and I am still feeling very warm today- but I am being awaken at night just super hot- You are not alone- it is our higher levels of hormones. Tell your mom it is just like when women go into labor and they want ice- their bodies make lots of heat when we are growing babies!

#16 of 36 Old 02-08-2005, 12:43 PM

Cholderby....I'm having ridiculously intense hot flashes! I literally pull my clothes off and stand on the balcony...in Toronto that can get mighty chilly but I don't seem to notice until it passes.

I'm so glad to hear about everyone's progress and getting ready...I've only got to pick up some chux pads from my drug store and then I'm ready to go. Baby clothes are clean, diapers are ready, homebirth kit is good to go. I'm very pleased...after all, I still have just under 4 weeks to my EDD (lol...or 6 weeks if we go by when DS was delivered in comparison to his EDD).

The baby seems to have dropped (not usual for subsequent pregnancies?) so I have quite a bit more lung space...not so much in my pelvis though. Baby is still lying LOT. YAY! It's good one, I can tell.

I'm preparing to make my belly cast next week at 37weeks...I loved the one my mum made while I was pregnant with Nolan and can't imagine not making one for every pregnancy.

Emily

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#17 of 36 Old 02-08-2005, 12:44 PM

Well i am 37 weeks now!I am finally nesting so that is a help.I just wish my body would allow me to do what my mind wants me to do.Scrubbing the shower is very difficult on my poor swollen legs.My ankles swell like crazy and then have that pitting in them.Yesterday i cleaned our whole bedroom,then the kitchen,went through three boxes of clothes sent to me,cleaned the dining room,made dinner,cleaned up after dinner and made cookies.Oh and took care of my three kids and got them bathed and ready for bed.At least dh got some time on the computer

Today i see my midwife( see you there Bubbles?)and then i get to go and get adjusted (insert absolute heaven here ).Seeing the chiropractor has kept all of my normal back and hip pain in control.Well except when i vaccumed out the car yesterday and really hurt my back.

I finally feel ready for this birthing.I can tell i am dialating just by the feelings i am experiencing.No need to check.I am nesting so that is always a good sign.I feel calm and centered so that is also a good sign.My baby shower is this weekend so i will hopefully get a few much needed items and then i can relax and wait for the babe.I wish i didn't have to babysit the toddlers i watch for a few weeks just so i could sleep some more but that is not happening!

My homevisit will hopefully be next week.

Patchfire i have a few dipes i could send you.Someone sent me some that i don't need.There are a few kissaluvs and some covers.Give me your addy and i'll get them out this week.
#18 of 36 Old 02-08-2005, 09:29 PM

Hot flashes--all the time! I didn't have this the first time, so my husband thinks I'm nuts. I cannot get comfortable. When my sister told me the house was cold today, I shot her the look of death!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#19 of 36 Old 02-08-2005, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

I had another midwife appointment today... I feel like I was just there, even though it was two weeks ago. I can only imagine how I'll feel around 39 weeks! :LOL

The baby has (thankfully) shifted out of its weekend posterior-ness and is now ROA. Everything looks good, as it should, and so forth. Just a waiting game from here, I guess, which seems kind of funny, since I'm only 34 weeks! At least for a little while, I've got to get the rest of the birth supplies ready and all of that, but since that's supposed to be done by 37 weeks - what am I going to do after that??

(Probably do more crazy stuff, like designing random websites...)

I haven't had any hot flashes per se, but I know I wake up sweating during the night. Of course, that could be the result of dd and dh and I all sleeping too close together, but it does seem more recent.

#20 of 36 Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM

Got your addy Patch,i will get those out by this weekend.

Where did you guys get some underwear for after birth?I always have a problem finding some because your body is shaped so oddly right afterwards and it isn't likeyou can try some on
#21 of 36 Old 02-09-2005, 01:24 PM

This may sound strange, but Victoria's Secret has some cottony panties that are low-cut on top but not otherwise skimpy. So they are really good for holding in cloth pads and have fit me all the way through pregnancy in my pre-pregnancy size (because they simply avoid the belly -- although they've gotten a bit snugger in other places :-)).

Oye Yemaya oloto
#22 of 36 Old 02-10-2005, 06:25 PM

Thanks i got some today that will hopefully fit postpartem

So i asked the midwife to check me today : my contrax have picked up in intensity and i wanted to be sure they were doing something.I am already 2cm so yay!I always dilate to at least a 4 before active labor so i could easily have two more weeks,but yay!
#23 of 36 Old 02-10-2005, 09:51 PM

I am 36 weeks tomorrow and just found out today we have some extra cash in our account (yeah) that I didn't think we had. So I have to buy the rest of the dipes for the new baby and an infant sling that is not as hideous as my current one. I would love to buy some sexy nursing tops but I don't think I can spend ALL the money.

Everything in the birth kit is together, I think I'm gonna freeze a couple meals this week.

My Braxton Hicks have been soooo painful. I don't remember them being so bad last time! Do they get worse every time??
#24 of 36 Old 02-10-2005, 10:12 PM

My baby turned!!!! We are soooo relieved. Breech at 36+ weeks was disheartening and I've been doing positioning postures every 2 hours, which was kinda hard work. Not sure what did it. I did go to an acupuncturist yesterday. Also a chiropractor but she just adjusted me, wouldn't do any drastic moves since I hadn't had an ultrasound for placenta and cord position. Yay!
#25 of 36 Old 02-11-2005, 01:25 AM

Christine and Ang, sounds like our house! I can't tell you how many times we have been to Home Depot and Lowe's in the past weeks. A guy comes on and off (more off, lol) to retexture. We just finished painting our bedroom and now I am finishing a half-way remodel of one bathroom. It was just gross. Kitchen cabinets will be installed weekend after next. Then they measure for counter tops and that takes several more weeks! It just happened to all work out this way and we did not want to push it off. We aren't eating w/ out major appliances yet, but will be soon. My shower is Saturday (at my house, thus my crazy remodelling) and Sunday ds is tearing apart our kitchen. Deep breathing here.
Rebecca, sounds like you will go before me. Since it doesn't seem you will go late and it doesn't look like I will go early, maybe we won't share our midwife on the same day after all .
So, physically I still feel so good, but mentally I am a train wreck at times. I have talked to my homeopath twice this week trying to get help.Anyone else more depressed or anxious than usual? I struggle w/ anxiety (have for years) so it is not new to me. I just had it under control up until the last few weeks. It is getting harder and harder for me and depression creeps in too. I am fortunate to have good support at home and am not in dire straights. It just makes it very difficult to be a good mom to my kids at home and feel like I am sending the right vibes to the baby. I have some concerns about anxiety during labor.
Still lots of washing and preparing to do. My sis bought us a mini co-sleeper as a gift and I am so excited. W/ my ds none of us did well w/ him in our bed all of the time and he did well in a bassinett (sp?). I love the co-sleeper and hope it works well for us w/ this one.
#26 of 36 Old 02-11-2005, 01:41 PM

Yes,yes,yes!My anxiety has increased over the past couple of weeks.I keep trying to figure out what i am really anxious about but my mind is constantly racing.I worry about anxiety during labor also i never had anxiety until the birth of my last babe but i have always fought depression.The cranial sacral therapist that will be at our birth tested me for Flower remedies yesterday(with kinseiology) and the two that came up were for anxiety with racing mind and trauma from the past that wouldn't let go(my previous way too fast labor makes me feel anxious).So i am going to be taking a remedy she made for me and she gave me some affirmations to say with it.When you come over to town next week go see her!She is right off of Los Coches and a session with her is so soothing.Other then that i have Gelsenium,arnica,pulsatilla and Aconite for the birthing.I keep taking my fish oil and i have bach rescue remedy on hand.

And i would go so nuts if we were remodeling while pregnant!I would want to do everything by myself to get things cleaned and organized before the birth.I need a dresser moved into my bedroom and it is driving me nuts waiting for my dh to have the time to move it for me

This Sunday is my shower.The kids have two birthday parties on the same day so hopefully everything will work out!
#27 of 36 Old 02-11-2005, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yay on the turning baby, MamaSpruce!

My birth kit arrived today. I actually ended up getting out the list of what was supposed to be in it and marking everything off, just to make sure it was all there... the way they packed it, I wasn't so sure at first! I'm still not sure on one thing... the list says "alcohol prep pads" but instead I have a packet marked "alcohol swab sticks." They don't sound like the same thing to me, but maybe I'm crazy?

Not to mention, they had this nice chart in the catalog for shipping... our shipping should have been $10. The actual charge? $11.50. I know, I know, it's just a $1.50, but if they have this chart... and keep in mind, they wouldn't tell us the total on the 'phone when we ordered either, I've been waiting since last week to write the total down in the checkbook. Doh.

I did order some herbs with it, though, so I'm going to start some tinctures tonight or tomorrow.

Tomorrow is painting day in the bathroom... I'm looking forward to having the bathroom back!

#28 of 36 Old 02-11-2005, 08:22 PM

Ditto congrats on the baby turning! We got some great news today as well, that ours is head down and LOA, and that my placenta is nowhere near my cesarean incision. And the ultrasound was lovely, problem-free (I had been so afraid to do it at 36 weeks, that they'd come up with some b.s. reason that I needed a c/s this afternoon or something!). Anyway, I am so relieved not to have a breech, and now feeling excited and positive about my upcoming labor.
#29 of 36 Old 02-11-2005, 09:41 PM

Hi everyone!

Mama Spruce and City girl congrats on the good news! I know emotions are so intense right now that you must be especially relieved to get that off your minds.

Those of you who are remodelling--WOW SHAMALAMA! I bow to you. You are so courageous! I would FREAK OUT if I had all that dust and people coming in and out and not everything in its place. My nesting has mostly been hypercleaning and not doing anything new. Mostly just getting rid of clutter and "the old". I even went through and put pictures into albums. I threw away all of my old boyfriend pictures and a few incriminating party pics. hee hee

On Mardi Gras I painted my belly with glitter and swirly paint and went down to the French Quarter to the festivities. I have been feeling a little blue about the changes in my body so I thought I'd better "step it out", one last time before my life changes forever. It was so empowering! I felt really connected to the moms who had kids with them and got a lot of enthusiastic "way to go" type responses. Some of the drunkards asked me if it was "real". Let me tell ya, after dancing for two hours to Samba music and walking around all day there was not a doubt in my mind about how "real" it is. I was wiped out.

I went to the MW yesterday and she told me that everything was fine, normal etc. I hadn't gained any weight and was wondering if I don't gain weight does the baby still gain? She said I might just have a small baby. What does that mean? Not that I am particularly keen on birthing a gigantic baby for my first time, I just always imagined I'd have a fat little healthy baby. Hmmm Does this mean I can eat more? Oh goodie!! Should I be worried?

My 35th birthday is on Sunday. Seems like such a milestone. I will definately eat lots of cake. Hope you're ok with that baby.
#30 of 36 Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Hey everyone.....just thought I'd drop a line that I'm still here and reading, just can't seem to be comfortable in front of the computer. My OB seems really surprised that I'm not taking her up on her induction offer because I'm measuring so far ahead.....just can't shake the feeling that if I were to be induced I'd end up with a c-section so I'll happily wait it out. Baby is doing fine, she's kicking up a storm. Still don't have everything ready but I'm to the point where it's not really going to matter anyway, she's got clothes, a place to sleep, and diapers, she won't care if her room isn't decorated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page