March Mamas: February 28 - March 6 (How is everyone doing??) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've felt like I was about to slide off my birth ball a few times, but have managed to avoid doing so - so far! :LOL

My mother-in-law has, at this late stage in the game, decided that she wants to buy us diapers. You know. Just as soon as I finish getting newborn & small stuff. You experienced CD'ing mamas, is there any particular size that's likely to get more wear than another? I figure I might as well just have her buy a bigger size... but it sure would have been nice if she'd decided this oh, a little earlier.

I have the UTI from you-know-where. I started my antibiotics on Wednesday and I still have some pain. I'm used to having things where the first dose of antibiotics starts it clearing up. My only consolation is that obviously I made the right decision to go ahead and use the 'big guns' on it, because I don't think cranberry pills would have helped this. Oh, granted, the pain is better than it was, but it's still there. Ugh, ugh, ugh!

I don't feel like the baby will come before next Wednesday. I could be wrong, of course, but at this point I don't think it's going to happen until at least then. Besides, I have things I want and/or need to do on Monday & Tuesday.

Who's next, ladies? Who haven't we heard from in a few days?

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#92 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations Christine and baby Owen and to your DH!!!! He is just so sweet... I was wondering about you for days I am so glad to hear that things went well and your little is here! The first few days/weeks are a crazy time to try to learn how to BF... lol... It seems every time you think you got it- they have a growth change and then you have to figure it all out again- not the nursing, but the nursing as you do stuff! One day they really cant move their neck good the next day they are holding it up.... Life with a new baby I am so happy for you!!!!

Okay ladies.... So after my night 2 nights ago of some major back pain that stopped and turned in to unpainful cx all day yesterday- I got up this morning having some good cx- they seem to have slowed a bit because I am sitting, but I am about to take on the HOUSE!! So I think they will pick up again. I called my MW and she said that last night she woke up with sharp stomach pains and she thought of me. She said she has done that a few times with moms, she will wake up with pains and the mom will go into laobr. Well concidering I am the only mom she has due for like ever- it would be me. On a side note- her assitant is out of town today. As much as I like her- like I have said I think she would block some energy- so perhaps this is a perfect day to have a baby

I have a meeting at my office, so the strong cx can wait until about 1p.m. that would be nice- I really dont want to have a doozzy when I am driving...

I will post later today if nothing has picked up! I feel so weird, because with my DD I just went into labor, none of this-- maybe labor???? It was period type cramps for a day and then bang labor, this one I feel like I am alway second guessing- and then also I was way over due with DD and this one I am not due for another week and 2 days so I feel like it cant be ready yet.... I guess we will all find out soon enough!

s to all of you!!!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#93 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 01:58 PM

Patchfire,

It sort of depends up on the type/brand of diaper you are using, but we use fuzzi bunz and mediums and larges get FAR more use (ds was in mediums from 4 months until a year) than smalls or preemie sizes.

Ds really wants to help type and get on with his day. Here is his contribution... girl:
#94 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 03:12 PM

Congrats on a healthy baby, Christine. Sad to hear that it didn't go the way you wanted.

I think we are still head down today... honestly I'm thinking of naming this baby "Lumpy" as I just can't tell sometimes what I am feeling! :LOL Is it a foot, is it a butt, what could that lump POSSIBLY be??!!??

So, in a supreme moment of pregnant brain, I totally spaced my mother's birthday yesterday! I feel awful. I think she understands, but sometimes she is hard to predict. Oh well. She's coming up for a visit on March 14 (hoping to catch the birth) so I'll have to make it up to her then.

I think I'm starting to get some nesting energy, FINALLY! Cleaned my bathroom this morning, and DH and I are going to work on the bedroom this afternoon, I think.

Serina, the set is so cute! I just learned to knit last year, so I haven't done anything that ambitious yet. But seeing what you did has put the idea in my head. Yeah, like I have time for THAT!! :LOL

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#95 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelmo1
Serina, the set is so cute! I just learned to knit last year, so I haven't done anything that ambitious yet. But seeing what you did has put the idea in my head.
Lisa, I learned to knit once in college and never finished anything. (But I started a lot of projects!) Then, I picked it up again recently. That sweater is the easiest thing on the planet to knit (it's the Easy Peasy Sweater from Little Turtle Knits)! I'm still a beginning knitter, and if I can do it, anyone can!

Re: castor oil...I agree that it's not the first thing anyone would want to try. Nipple stimulation is also something to consider with caution--it's very successful at starting contractions, and some babies could have a hard time with strong contractions right away. Then again, nipple stimulation is very easy to stop!

(Warning: whining) Why, oh why am I still pregnant? I'd like to be nursing a baby now, while staring at my huge (but UNpregnant) stomach and wondering how long it will be before it will look "normal" again. *Sigh* (whining completed)

Who will be our next baby?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#96 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 03:27 PM

Well about the diapers- We use wool covers and pefolds here- a few fitted. but mostly pefolds. I would says with size wise my DD was only in a ture med for a few months- then she grew enough to fit into a larger diaper so, if you were to spend the money I would get a larger sized M or a large. Some M DD can still fit into, but on the last snap and I can get her in a infant size perfold now, but that is only because she has slimmed down and it has been at least a year we we have been in only Infant2 size pefolds. For the money and the little time babies are in the newborn and M sized diapers I think prefolds are well worth the money- because you only need about 2 dozen and you can get that for under $30

Well, things have slowed down here with the cx again... I swear I wish I didnt feel like I was all the time a bout "maybe now!"

I am going to go clean the house- GET MOVING BABY!!! I would love to go to the ciro and be adjusted- I know that would start things, but I cant because of my brittle bones I will just keep suffering! :

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

#97 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 PM

: GRRRR! I am a frustrated mama today! I left work yesterday with moderate contractions 5 minutes apart that got stronger and stronger but after a trip to the hospital, (a five hour trip ) Got sent back home with my blood pressure on the high side for me. The only reason they even let me go home was because the bp did get better while lying on my left side and I had a scheduled dr's appt this AM. So the contrations tapered off sometime in the night as I slept, and haven't been very strong or very regular today. I do know the contractions DID NOT dilate me any. My bp was still up at my appt today so now I am on bedrest , no more work for me. That is the part I REALLY did not want to happen because I want to spend my time off hold my little boy, not sitting around watching the house be messy, and waiting for him. (Wanna talk about making my blood pressure go up, that's a good way to keep it high!!!) So I am whiny and grumpy and BORED today. Also frustrating is the fact that now I have to wear a pad from the Dr. checking my cervix today (OW! Did I mention that hurt!) I would not have minded if it would have started the contractions back up. I was really enjoying the rhythm of them last night, I just didn't like all the nurses saying, "Oh you have almost two weeks left, he doesn't need to come out yet!" If one more woman said that to me I was going to strangle someone. I work in a hospital and I am usually very comfortable in hospitals, having all the "just in case" stuff around makes me feel better I guess. But I now totally understand that feeling like you are a cat in labor : and all you want to do is find your own private little corner of the world that is safe to have your little one in.

The only great thing about the night was that Bryce had the night off, so he sat with me and held my hand, and talked to me, and made me laugh when I just wanted to scream and cry because I wanted to have my little Logan :infant: . He is always a lifesaver when I get on the verge of flipping out!

So I'm back to lay on the couch on my stupid left side and wait until Bryce gets off work. I hope little man decides to come out soon, or I am gonna freak out having to be still all the time. I have TOO much time to sit and think of all the things that could go wrong!

Somebody let me borrow some positive thoughts, I think I lost all mine!!!!!!!
#98 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 11:35 PM

Right after finishing grocery shopping, I went out on the sidewalk and had to vomit. Into a trash can on the corner. Then while doing that, I either lost control of my bladder in a way that half soaked the legs of my jeans...or my water broke. I really have no idea which, but so far (like 20 minutes later), no contractions.

Um, that was kind of weird. I'd better go fold the laundry fast just in case. :LOL

Oye Yemaya oloto
#99 of 118 Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Eminer - I had a very similar experience last Tuesday (vomiting and getting all wet all of a sudden) . I have been having very bad intestinal discomfort and nausea since Sunday, but in my case the "water" was just the vomitting made me lose control of my bladder.

Sometimes it is hard to tell whether it is urine or amniotic fluid that is coming out. If it keeps coming (dripping down the legs or gush) it will most probably be amnio fluid. Call your MW/OBgyn if in doubt.

Just because you have not had contrax yet does not mean it was not the water. It can be hours from when the water breaks to when contrax starts sometimes.
#100 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 02:07 AM

Autumn, I am on my third day of bed rest for my bp. I know the feeling about wanting to get things done and the frustration. Today I really came to peace w/ it. I realized that I am feeling more rested and better prepared for the birth. It is stablizing my bp and I am able to have more periods where I am up an about. I have realized that I really need to take advantage of this time and just try to put the chores and such out of my mind. I know it is easier said than done, but if you can, try to embrace it and make the best of it. I hope it stays under control so you can avoid induction.
#101 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 10:32 AM

Serina, thanks for the website! So many cute ideas.

Autumn, sending some positive thoughts your way. Sorry you are stuck in bed... I know I would be frustrated too.

My sister is coming down to see me this morning; I am so excited! We are going out to get our nails done, I think. I have NEVER had my nails done, other than doing them at home. I feel so girly!!! :LOL

Eminer, I hope you are having your sweet baby even now.

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#102 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 11:56 AM

Im still here! lol I am gonna be here until Aprile, I forecast I will be the last March mama to pop

We are filling up my birthpool today, after I do some cleaning. I can't wait to see hwo comfy it is and how long it will take to get it full.

Autumn hope you get to feeling better

Ang i would love to go see a chiro too but money is so tight now with needing to save up for the midwife and my summer trip that I cant afford to go
#103 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 12:20 PM

to the mamas on bedrest- however I would love for someone to tell me "just stay in bed for a few days and have your DH take care of DD and change her dipes, and cook for her and stay up late with her, and have her wake him up 3 times a night..." A girl can dream

Has anyone else been emotional? Or were you before you delivered before? I have been crying for 3 days. Yesterday it was because I dont want to hurt anymore. I hav a high level for pain, I mean I have broke over 30 bones, and this is killing me. So I had my pitty part crying for my self. My plevis and feet are hurting so bad I am thinking because everything is connected that my feet are hurting because of my pelvis. And then before I even got out of bed I was all snuggled with DD and I was thinking about how much her life will change and she has no idea, no say, no nothing, and I just started feeling really bad. So, here I am again crying at the computer over what I was crying about already! My MWs will be here in about 45 min. I clean the house like a crazy woman yesterday I only have a few dishes left and some pots and pans. I am very excited. Yes and laundry! But at least things look clean, changed all the sheets, vacuumed, scrubbed.....

Okay- I want to get this show on the road!

#104 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 12:37 PM

Thank you for the wonderful positive thoughts everyone. It must be working, because I do feel more positive about this today. I just hope the blood pressure gets with the program. I don't want to be induced, or all the things that I have filed under "worse" in my little brain that I am not thinking about.

I just keep telling Logan to come out and meet me. "I am already off of work, so no worrying about being too far from Daddy." That's what I tell him anyway, because I know Bryce would sprout wings and fly wherever he was, he would not miss a minute of Logan coming into the world.

Bryce must have felt horrible for how bored and aggravated I was yesterday because he brought me home a coloring/activity book last night as a joke. It was very cute.

So here I am, trying to concentrate on the fact that I am doing what is best for Logan, keeping my blood pressure down, trying to keep both of us healthy for the birth. : (Wish, Wish, soon, soon) He is very wiggly in there. Even the nurses at the hospital kept saying "He's very active!" I looked at them and I said,"He's very excitable, like me. Can't you tell by my blood pressure?" I think sometimes I have my own brand of humor, they did not find it as cute as I do that he is so wiggly and excitable. I've grown quite used to his little feet poking out my left side!
#105 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelmo1
Eminer, I hope you are having your sweet baby even now.
Nope, nothing further has happened, so I'm thinking it was just pee. But at least it really motivated me to finish the housework last night!

Oye Yemaya oloto
#106 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 02:12 PM

crayon, hang in there. i have been pretty emotional too. my mw encourages me to let things out and it seems to help. it sounds like some forced bed rest would do you good, lol. i will say that if there is any way you can slow down and let some things go it really does help. laundry is piled up and my floors need vacuuming desperately and life is still going on. my dh pointd out that we have clean diapers, clothes, and a cozy place for us to sleep. everything for the birth is set to go and the baby's first meal is ready when he or she is . it really helped me to put things in perspective and to give myself permission to relax. my mw also told me that focusing on everything i want to get done actually tells the baby i am not ready and could slow things down (labor). at least it is a good excuse. i hope i am not sounding like a know it all i just wanted to share some thouhgts. all this letting go and relaxing has not brought my little one out yet but i do feel i will be more mentally and physically prepared.
autumn, i am glad you are more at peace today. sounds like you have good support.
hang in there mamas. it is time for another baby!
#107 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 06:30 PM

Reclining in an office chair and TILTED to my left.... That's kind of like LAYING on my left side right?

Anyway, thought I'd at least try to post my belly pictures to some albumn people can actually SEE! Someone Let me know if this works when you click on it.

growin' the mama belly

Also, just a random question: I know it does not necessarily mean anything when you lose your mucous plug, but I was wondering: How MUCH would be the whole thing coming out? Just wanted to know an amount. I lost a large bit of SOMETHING today, and just wondered if that is what it was. :

Belly Rubs to all and Labor Vibes too all that want them!!!!
#108 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 10:31 PM

Yep, the pictures work - they're great!

About the mucous plug - it's hard for me to give an amount... maybe more than discharge, less than a handful? If you got to see it up close (like, on the toilet paper instead of in the toilet) it probably would've been really stretchy and thick. The first time I lost my mucous plug it went straight into the toilet and I could see that it was a bit bloody. The next time I actually touched it - it wasn't wet, but it was sticky and very stretchy.

Remember that it could be up to two weeks before the baby comes, if you *did* lose your plug. Now for me - I just noticed a bit of some when I went to the bathroom last and told my dh it was time to do some more intense cleaning (for our homebirth). I also reminded him that it still could be two weeks, but that it was less than 12 hours with my son and less than 5 hours after losing it with my daughter.

If I think of a better way to quantify the amount I'll shoot through another email.

Good luck!
Barb
#109 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 10:59 PM

Bubbles~i hope Shiva got you good and relaxed

Newmomma~for me i woke up very wet down there and when i wiped there was a bunch of stretchy,bloody goo.The next morning i had the same thing and that night i went into labor.
#110 of 118 Old 03-05-2005, 11:31 PM

Thanks for answering mamas. I definitely think I lost a good bit of it, but probably not all of it. I am not "due" for 8 more days, and just for many reasons I don't think I will be going early. I was just so curious if that was what that was. My Doctor had tried to give my cervix a "kickstart" at my appt on Friday, she was hoping to get it to dilate I suppose, she did not really tell me why or what exactly she expected to happen, I just know it hurt.

Thanks again, hope everyone's having a peaceful weekend.
#111 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 12:50 AM

I also lost my mucous plug last night. I was having some very intense and regular (less than 5 min apart) cntx, but when I saw how tired (almost to the point of delirium) dh was, my body just sort of shut down. He is very stressed out at work and I'll admit that I haven't been the nicest person to be around lately :, so we went to bed. I woke up with a few cntx, and at one point felt something cold and wet on my leg. I got up and went into the bathroom and realized that it was a big hunk of mucous plug. So at least I know that those cntx were actually doing some work on my cervix. Tonight I had pizza and a beer, just to relax my body and let things come as they may. I'm not going to push my body, but just a little nudge to say, "I'm ready when you are!" I'm sure that I'll wake up in the morning and still be pregnant, but I'm okay with that. All of the pictures of the sweet little babies sure are making me anxious to hold my little one though!
#112 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 01:23 AM

ravenmoon--shiva was great! i felt ike a day at a spa. i sent the family out and it was wonderful. i hope you had an enjoyable treatment also.
i lost my mucous plug ib bits over the last few days. no other signs though. since being on bed rest i hardly have any ctx now. i hope the baby is still in a good position. i really can't tell. i feel most of he movement on the right side where the knees and feet should be but also feel things on the lower left. hmmmm....
#113 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 11:08 AM

Today is my due date but I am really hoping the baby holds out until Tuesday when my SIL will be here. SIL is coming to care for DD while we are in the hospital. My DD absolutely loves her so I think it will be a real treat for her.

to all of the mamas on bedrest.

JoyfulMomma
#114 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 11:31 AM

Happy duedate JoyfulMomma!!

I almost thought I was going to have a baby sometime today. I was having some really good, strong close together ctrx last night for a few hours. Even had the loose bowels to go with them. Then by 2 am they had stopped

I was hoping to not go thru prodromal labor but alas looks like I really will. I think I might take a walk around the mall today see if that starts anything up
#115 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 12:02 PM

I had a series of really nice contractions yesterday - and basically told my body to stop, because my MIL is visiting today. :LOL The level of stress if she were around when I was in labour - eek. She's on the list of people who don't get called until after the birth is already over, for a variety of reasons. Wish me luck in dealing with her today - this is the woman who, the last time we saw her, wanted to give dd some bacon, even though we had told her just the day before that bacon makes dd choke, gag, and throw up. I guess she wanted to test our veracity?

We did a second trial run with our fishy pool Friday night - we wanted to try it when we hadn't just run the dishwasher an hour before. Surprisingly, that helped. It still took about two hours from start to finish, between the water heater running out of hot water and refilling. We put two flannel-backed tablecloths over it, though, so it was still nice and warm. Filling the pool is definitely the very first thing to do when I'm in labor, though, we're thinking. Especially since everyone (my mom, the midwife...) seems to think I'll have a six hour labor. (It was 11 hours with dd.) I wouldn't complain... but I'm mentally preparing myself for something more like nine or ten. Just because if I didn't, and I expected it to be over that quick... ugh.

Today is diaper-washing day. Whee! I hope it's someone else's birthing day!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#116 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 02:17 PM

Happy due date JoyfulMomma!!

We had a weird night of DD going to sleep at 7:30 and then being very restless and waking for good at 5 am then ate and watched Ice Age and went back to sleep-Then I started having weird pains only on one side of my belly- well from my mid back around and it stopped right in the center of my belly- so weird. Then I was having some cx from the bottom up- but they stopped- I know I will have this baby in the next week- my guess has always been the 9th- but that could be when the bean is born or when I start labor- who knows. But the 9th has always been my guess and we are getting some major snow storms starting tomorrow and also the new moon is on Thurs... So lots of energy and gravity working with my tired, hurting body! My MW let me have a few movies to watch with Rainey- so we watched 2 of the 3 yesterday- Rainey was moning and making sounds with the ladies in labor- so I hope all goes good when it is my turn. We have no back up care for her, because we have no family near by and any friends we have would want to hang out and view the birth and not watch DD- so they are out!

Well, I have to get to the store and get some food and then clean the house! Hope all the mamas that have lost their plugs get some good labors going! I keep looking for mine, but nothing I didnt lose mine until I was already havng cx with DD and about the same time my water started leaking!

I am getting excited.....

#117 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 02:32 PM

I woke up feeling awful today....well I should say that I didn't really sleep this morning, and SAT up feeling awful.

I started out so nauseous, let a bunch out the back end (ick), then proceeded to puke at 8AM and 9AM. Hopefully not again in another half hour....I don't really feel anything going on in the baby arena, so I'm thinking I might have caught a stomach bug. Ugh.

I just can't think of anything with calories that sounds good....any ideas? All I've put down today is water and about 4-6oz of a fruit smoothie (bananna, strawberry, yogurt). I know I need some calories....

Hope you are all feeling better than I am......

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#118 of 118 Old 03-06-2005, 02:55 PM

simplehome, bummer you don't feel well. can you tolerate sports drinks? they were a lifesaver for me when i had morning sickness. my fave is gookinade (i got it at rei) as it is not as sweet, but still has some calories for energy. i could not tolerate water, but could drink that. good luck and hang in there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page