March Mamas- We're Back! (Week of March 7 - March 12) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah!! We're back!

I am so excited to hearing from everyone! Imagine how many new babies must have come after three days! Come on everyone - share your Birth stories

As for me... NO Baby yet!! :LOL Why am I not surprised??

I had my membranes stripped yesterday and I am feeling much more "labory" since. I have also dropped even more - OMG... I did not even think it was possible! How low can this baby get? To my knees?? :LOL I have also gone from 50% to 80% effaced, which was reassuring to hear - at least there is some progress going on.

I will start going for NST this Thursday if baby is not born by then. He is VERY VERY active though and the MW said she thinks he will be my biggest one at over 9lbs. We will see.

I would also like to say something to all pregos who have been in pain: YOU MUST SEE A CHIROPRACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My MW sent me to one yesterday and OMG... he took my pains away!!!! I could not believe it! I had been limping and crying because of horrible pelvic pains, and he took them away in a snap (literrally :LOL ) I wish I had known this before and gone sooner as it would have made these last weeks much more pleasant.
#2 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 09:08 AM

The List!

~Brand New Babies~
Michelle (Mtm) - 02/19/05 - Noah - 7 lbs 8 oz - Birth Story Coming!
Kylie (luvmy3boyz) - 02/21/05 05:00 am - Kessa Lynn - 8 lbs 8 oz - Birth Story Coming!
Rebecca (Ravenmoon) - 02/23/05 11:54 am - Stellaria Avani - 7 lb 4 oz - Birth Story
Heidi (Weebitty2) - 02/23/05 10:04 pm - Melissa Kimberly - 7 lb 3 oz, 21 inches - Birth Story Coming!
Shirada - 02/26/05 4:52 am - Ezra Lael - 6 lbs 15 oz - Birth Story
Christine (Cholderby) - 03/01/05 9:56 am - Owen Michael - 7 lbs 11 oz, 21 1/4" - Birth Story
Eva (Finnsma) - 03/01/05 8:04 pm - Charlotte Fern - 10 lbs, 21 inches - Birth Story Coming!
Citygirl - 03/02/05 - Baby Boy - weight? - Birth Story Coming!
Jogirl - 03/03/05 - Davy James - 7 lbs, 19 1/4 inches - Birth Story
Susan (srmina) - 03/04/05 10:54 am - Sameer Kumar - 8 lbs 6 oz, 19 inches - Birth Story Coming!
Rachel (rad) - 03/07/05 3:15 am- Liam Kiel - 7 lbs 12 oz, 21 inches - Birth Story
Autumn (newmomma2005) - 03/08/05 1:36 am - Logan Traveler - 8 lbs 13 oz, 22 inches - Birth Story Coming!
Amanda (TXmidwife)- 03/08/05 7:28 pm - Julian Blaze - 6 lbs 9 oz, 19 1/2 inches - Birth Story Coming!
Emily (AnneCordelia) - 03/09/05 - Mallory Anne - 9 lbs 4.8 oz, 21 inches - Birth Story Coming!
bubbles - 03/09/05 - Quinten Lucques - ? - Birth Story
Serina (Somewhere to grow) - 03/09/05 5:15 pm - Ellery Maeve - 7 lbs 10 oz, 20.5 inches - Birth Story Coming!
polihaupt - 03/10/05 11:45 PM - Baby Boy - 9 lbs, 22 inches - Birth Story
JoyfulMomma - 03/11/05 11:20 pm - Rachel Catherine - 10 lbs 2 oz, 21.5 inches - Birth Story Coming!

~Ladies In Waiting~
*LeShea 3/3 Girl
Teensy 3/3 Surprise
Barb (meant2beamom) 3/4 Surprise
*Alicyn (mommy2b) 3/5
*OaklandMama 3/5
Erin (eminer) 3/7 Surprise
MsDoula 3/8
Shannon (MamaSpruce) 3/8 Surprise
Aquarianmom 3/8
*Fiercelove 3/9 Boy
*Cyndi (CyndiN) 3/11
mommyto2 3/11 Surprise
*Kimberly (kimisaur) 3/12
*Sarah (mamasarah) 3/12 Surprise
Ang (Crayon) 3/13 Surprise
Jo (Jocmtl) 3/13 Boy
*Annabelle's Wish 3/13
Melissa (Ladyelmo1) 3/16
Maya (muse) 3/16
*Shannon (RaisinGirl) 3/17
Wildcrafter 3/18 Surprise
*Rebecca (MamaGaia) 3/20
Rebecca (GeoGirl) 3/20 Girl
*Shannon (sm3247) 3/20 Girl
Tiffany (TTaylor) 3/20 Girl
Catherine (Cmildenb) 3/21 Girl
Kash (Patchfire) 3/21 Surprise
*puddinnpeanut 3/21
Trish (Ellis Herr) 3/21 Girl
*Shannon (Isfahan) 3/22
Desirae (mamadaisy) 3/23
Jennie (Jenniebug) 3/23
*Kim (EllieB) 3/23 Boy
Molly (Mimim) 3/23 Surprise
Simplehome 3/23 Boy
Dee (Morningtillmoonmama) 3/24 Boy
Jen (LoveChild421) 3/24 Boy
*Lotta 3/24
Lise (TOmomma) 3/25 Surprise
*Gina (stringbean) 3/26 Boy
*Ryann (anazmommy) 3/26
*Giggs 3/28
*Sprinklepocket 3/28
Erica (Kindermama) 3/28 Girl

Sometime in March:
*Pam (EMZ) Girl
*Jenrose
*Carla (carlasher)
*Mady (Mady5) late March Girl

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#3 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 09:11 AM

Most of the birth story links aren't going to work right now, because they have 'mothering.com' in them instead of the funky numbers. I'm assuming the funky numbers will go away soon, though!

I'm still here. Spike has the green light from today on - I got through my meeting Monday night and my pampering night out last night, so I really have no other reason NOT to go ahead and have a baby. I actually slept better last night than I have some nights, but now I'm awake, and it's just after seven... normally I don't get up until at least 8:30. I may try to go back to bed in a little bit. (Is there a yawning smilie?)

Can't wait to hear who had there babies over the last three (!!) days!

#4 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 09:32 AM

This is a weird question mamas .. but is there a March mama here named Chantel?

There's a woman on the AOL March board that's just *SO* MDC .. if she's not here already I'd love to send her a link to it
#5 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
OMG... That was way too long to be down when we have mamas due!

Anyway, I keep thinking something is starting- then nothing.. However, yesterday I got that low back pain all day and also mentural type craps and some good contractions that even keep me up some of the night- off and on. This type of pain feels very much like my very early labor with DD- so I think it is starting- however no signs other than this low low low pain and contractions. Plug still in, water still intact. DH fixed my bath tub- I could just dance of joy! I really didnt think he knew how important it was to me- but him and DD went downstairs the other night and DD came back upstairs in a towle He gave her a bath and everything! But really he takes at least 1 shower a day with her anyhow- and he is the one that washes her hair, I was her body! But she hates when I wash her hair- she doesnt seem to mind her dad doing it... WHATEVER!

My feet have been killing me My MW let us use some birth tapes to show Rainey how babies are born and it is soooo cute- my little girl makes moaning sounds with the women and points when the baby starts to crown....

Is anyone else feeling very sick- like they will puke at the thought of even eatting pudding? I have felt like this for 3 days- but other than that I feel fine- besides the normal pain. I am praying this is an early labor sign as well!

Well, I will check back later today to see any updates! Unless I am in active labor- cross my fingers

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#6 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 10:39 AM

No kidding about being down! I kept thinking "I have questions, people, this is no time to be moving servers!"

OK, here goes:

1. When is the bleeding suppose to lighten? Kind of gross and TMI, but mine is the very same as postpartum day 1. Is that bad?

2. I know nb poop is supposed to be "seedy and mustardy"...is it bad that my baby's poop is seedy and flourescent yellow? I mean, its a very unnatural color. Almost like a cheap curry. Maybe its the prenatal vitamins? I swear I'm not eating anythingn wierd.

3. How do you wash your hands after a diaper change? Baby is so distraught that I always end up picking him up to comfort him right away, and then I can't wash my hands. Ideas? I'm kind of an anal hand washer, should I just relax a little and rely on an extra wipe?

4. How do you keep from being sprayed when changing a boy's diaper? I use one hand to keep the feet from kicking in the poop and one hand to change. If I had a third hand, I'd use it to keep a cover on the equipment... I've tried laying a dry cloth wipe on there but he squirms it off pretty quick.

OK, sorry about all the questions, I don't go back to the ped until Monday and I have been wondering about that.

I can't believe how well things are going! I've lost 25 pounds so far (only 35 more to go...). Owen is a pro at bfing. I am so happy about that because I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I assume that I'd feel some sort of pain by now if he wasn't doing it right.

He has decided that he should eat every half an hour for about 2 hours leading up until bedtime. Then he'll sleep 4 hours straight! After that, we're back to feeding every two hours, but I can't tell you how great that 4 hour stretch is.

I discovered the joys of chiro care also. Really it helped so much! I suppose I should go back now that I've had such a major event, but that would require leaving the house.

Have you guys seen the swaddler blankets? Owen lives in his. I pretty much suck at swaddling, this thing has velcro to hold it snug. He loves it.

Labor vibes to y'all! Can't wait to see who is next!

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#7 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby

1. When is the bleeding suppose to lighten? Kind of gross and TMI, but mine is the very same as postpartum day 1. Is that bad?

2. I know nb poop is supposed to be "seedy and mustardy"...is it bad that my baby's poop is seedy and flourescent yellow? I mean, its a very unnatural color. Almost like a cheap curry. Maybe its the prenatal vitamins? I swear I'm not eating anythingn wierd.

3. How do you wash your hands after a diaper change? Baby is so distraught that I always end up picking him up to comfort him right away, and then I can't wash my hands. Ideas? I'm kind of an anal hand washer, should I just relax a little and rely on an extra wipe?

4. How do you keep from being sprayed when changing a boy's diaper? I use one hand to keep the feet from kicking in the poop and one hand to change. If I had a third hand, I'd use it to keep a cover on the equipment... I've tried laying a dry cloth wipe on there but he squirms it off pretty quick.
1) Hmm... Don't remember really but I know that I myself always bled quite a lot for a while (I also have heavy periods) When did you give birth? You may find better answers to this in Birth and Beyond.

2) My babies had nb poops in different shades of yellow :LOL Both colors you described sound normal to me

3) I am not an anal hand washer, so I wait until the baby is not fussy anymore after a change and go wash my hands I did it one hand at a time because I had to hold the baby with the other hand.

4)You just have to try to keep the penis covered as long as possible - they seem to pee every time their penis get in contact with the air. What I did was to throw a wash cloth of a flat diaper right on top of the penis while I was wiping the poop. It works great
#8 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 AM

1. Well, I'm still bleeding like a normal period two weeks later But I know I've been doing to much. With older dd it slowed down around 8 days, was gone by day 14 .. with DS i bled like a period for over a month.

2. Sounds like French's mustard - yep, it's normal! Any colour from bright yellow to pale green/brown seems pretty normal for a nb

3. Melly pitches fits if she's not picked up right after changing too! So I either just use that purell sanitiser stuff, or just use an extra wipe on my hands. I figure it was her poop, so long as there's none visible on my hands it's not gonna hurt her.

4. Peepee pup tents! :LOL (kidding) - with ds I threw a cloth wipe over it - didn't soak up much but kept him from firehosing me. Try a damp washcloth if he wiggles the dry wipe off - it's a little heavier.
#9 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 11:08 AM

Christine, glad to hear things are going well! Re: #2, my dd's was usually a really bright cadmium yellow, if you know that color (kind of orangey). I think lots of variations are normal, including pretty much any yellow.

Oye Yemaya oloto
#10 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 01:47 PM

Phew, we are back!

Christine, that poop sounds normal! And as for bleeding, it's also normal to bleed for quite a while but I would also take it as your body telling you to GO EASY. My midwives were pretty strict about bed rest for at least the first week, or hopefully till the bleeding has stopped. Much easier if it's your first baby.

For first time mamas I recommend the Sear's Baby Book; we must have turned to it a hundred times a day with Ds to check on all those little details like poop colour, how to swaddle, etc etc.

I'm still here, kind of to my amazement. Been having strong contractions evenings and nighttimes for 2 weeks straight, have lost lots of mucuous plug, gone through an emotional rollercoaster a few times over, and am now into a stage beyond being "ready", to just "being". It's good for me to just let go at this point and let nature take over. Nothing else needs to be done. Been practicing some meditation again which is very good for me, and today spent hours doing some early spring gardening with DS

Tomorrow is new moon, so I'm definitely expecting to hear about more babies, if not my own....
#11 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 02:50 PM

Christine, the poop sound normal to me too- I was suprised when I had DD how "bright" it was. It is a good sign, your milk is flowing well- and yes your boobs would be hurting if he was not latching on right so to your little sucker champ....

I am not a freak about washing my hands- I also figure it is her poop and pee... But I do wash before we eat, and I have hand sanitizer that we use. That is the most easy.

I dont know how to stop the crazy penis pee! I have a girl and we dont have that problem :LOL Perhaps I will find out soon enough!

Okay it is a cold but pretty day outside and I can get down my hill with out walking on ice- so I may take Rainey out for a walk today- I have some calls to make for my business, but I really want to walk- that got things started with DD- the only thing is I then have to push the stroller up the hill :

On a side note! DD broke my glasses for the 2nd time last month and I sent them in and I got them back today! So now I am a hot mama again! They are black rimmed glasses so I just love them! And they are not dinged up like my spare set so now I can see!!!!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

#12 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 03:04 PM

Hey mama's,sounds like a lot of you are close to having those babes!I am so enjoying my lil one.She is becoming more alert and is already holding her lil head up.She is so sweet and i can't believe she is 2 weeks old today!

For the questions~with my first babe my bleeding was pretty heavy for the first four weeks.I have come to find the more resting you do the quicker it will lighten up.But it is normal to bleed up to 8 weeks postpartem especially if you are doing too much.Rest.

Normal pooh color for sure,i lay the babe down after i cuddle her and wash my hands quickly.Remember breast poop is actually quite 'sanitary' in a way because it is straight breast milk.There is not all of the germs and bacteria like regular poop.

I kept an extra towel or prefold around for changing times with my boy.

Can't wait for my births

I saw a chiro for my last 6 weeks of pregnancy and had NO back or hip pain at all.First pregnancy i didn't have to deal with that.I was adjusted right after my birth too and that was tremendous.I'm still seeing her and it is such a great help for my healing body.
#13 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 03:38 PM

Ooh, I hope we get some birth stories posted today! I could use some happy news and birthy encouragement.

I can't believe I haven't had this baby yet! I had two hours of light contractions Saturday morning. Then, Monday, my midwife came over and I had her check me. I was 3-4 cm and 75% effaced on my own--then she stripped my membranes and stretched me to 5 cm. I've been losing my mucous plug since then, and had some menstrual-like cramps and contractions yesterday morning. But everything encouraging seems to disappear after a while...I'm getting sad.

My husband and I have been doing our part to get things going. That seems to help. But again, no baby yet. Harumph. The midwife said she'd be surprised if the baby wasn't here by Friday, and I totally agree. I'm going to wait until then to ask her to strip my membranes again.

Christine, the poop color is totally normal! Startling at first, but normal! Glad that nursing is going well. Keep pluggin' on!

It's good to hear from you all again!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#14 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 06:03 PM

Oh, good! I was a little afraid that the day glo poop color had something to do with all the meds I had in the hospital.

The Sears baby book is now on order from Amazon. All I had was that what to expect the first year book that my MIL gave me. I don't know a thing about babies but even I could tell that book was a little, um, off.

Now that all of the birth hoopla has died down, I am slowly adjusting to time at home. Its actually harder than I thought (not the work, or taking care of the baby, more just being the only adult in a very quiet house). I never, ever thought I would miss the office.

#15 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Now that all of the birth hoopla has died down, I am slowly adjusting to time at home. Its actually harder than I thought (not the work, or taking care of the baby, more just being the only adult in a very quiet house). I never, ever thought I would miss the office
I know exactly what you mean. I even live with my MIL, so I'm not completely isolated, but I still miss being with peers in the office. One of the indicators that lead me to understand that I wasn't personally cut out to be a SAHM. It's sad, because I always thought I would be, but sometimes you have to acknowledge your shortcoming and work with them, kwim?

So, I really thought today was it.

Yesterday I felt so strange: both restless and tired. Like I wanted to do a whole bunch of cleaning, but was too exhausted. So I sat on the couch to rest, and had to get up because I didn't want to be there either. This was how I felt the day before I had dd, so I was expecting to wake up in labor last night. (of course, in the middle of a major snowstorm. We got 10 inches last night, and the winds were howling). Nothing. Not even a twinge. So I have spent today cleaning like a fiend. We got the leg extensions for our cosleeper delivered yesterday so baby's bed is ready, and I've done nothing but laundry for the last three days, so all her clothes are ready too.

My mom arrives from FL on Monday. She REALLY REALLY wants to be present for the birth, so I keep coaching the baby that she has to come while MiMi is here! :LOL And it would really suck if she waited until the day after mom leaves. So, we have a seven day window. Wish me luck!

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#16 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 07:40 PM

Somewhere to grow- I so hear you! I keep having these contractions and I think "this is it!!!" So I call the MWs to give them notice- I mean who want to wake at 3 am to a ringing phone without notice right?? Then they never get a call from me I tried to go on a long walk up and down hills today- but only made it up and down 2 because I didnt realize when I went out it was 12 degrees!!!! That was smart! I had DD pretty warm, but then I thought if I am already this cold- forget it~

Menstural cramps all over here, I am praying the gravity from the moon helps me out!

#17 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 07:49 PM
rad

Finally..I can get on! I was going through withdrawl over here. :LOL

Hope everyone is doing well. I had my little guy on Monday morning. I just posted a birth story and I'll get some pics of him too. I can't wait to hear about all the other babies born during the time down.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#18 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 09:01 PM

Finally is right, can't believe we had 3 days of interruption during "our" time. And, I couldn't log on this morning either, just got an e-mail from a moderator.

So, rad had a baby! Anyone else I wonder...

Yesterday was my due date, as well as 3 others in our group. I was out today and a stranger asked when it was. I fessed up and "oh, I'm sorry" was her reply. "why?" I said, maybe a little annoyed. So, I know many are impatient here and I guess that's the norm, but I know my baby will come when its ready so don't give me any pity. I feel great. Very excited, but what's so bad about being 40+ weeks? Would be nice to get a little positive comments. Anyway, sorry for that rant. I do feel for those of you that are very ready because you are uncomfortable and having pre-labor.

Ooh, nap time. I have been getting more tired...

Looking forward to hearing about more babies!
#19 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 09:55 PM

Boy, did I have a heck of a day on Sunday....

I've been sleeping GREAT, so I was very surprised when, on Saturday night, I wasn't able to sleep, really, past 2AM due to a sore back and upset stomach. DH got up at 6AM, and I just sat there for an hour or so feeling awful....

I finally got out of bed, but had diarhea twice, and then completely emptied my stomach by vomiting at around 8AM. Then again at 9AM. Don't worry, I was really pushing the fluids, so I never got dehydrated. I then had the dry heaves at about 10:20, and then I puked again at about 12:15. Ugh.

I was starting to have contractions, but nothing regular, so we went out for a bit. That didn't go so well-I really thought I was going to puke again, but managed to avoid it, somehow.

When we got home we timed the contractions again, and they were regular, at about 3-5 minutes apart. They just weren't really hurting, though, although I did have some back pain that dh had to help me with. I got in the tub to see if that would slow them down, and it didn't really. We started to assume that we'd be having the baby, and went for a walk while I was feeling less nauseous.

I continued with regular 3-5 minute contractions all evening, so I finally left a message with my doula just to give her the heads-up that I might need her in the middle of the night. She called me back later, and suggested I get back in the bath to try to slow them down so that we could get some sleep (since I hadn't really slept much the night before). Well, I had a rough night, but I DID sleep. I could sleep through the contractions, but I kept having to get up to pee, like every half hour (I normally only get up once per night). I finally went downstairs to the couch, and managed to sleep for a few stretches of 2hrs each.

I barely ate anything, although I got enough fluids in to keep from getting dehydrated. Looking back on it, I must have had a touch of the flu, which stressed out my body. I felt like eating again on Monday, but very weak. It took me until Tuesday to feel (mostly) like myself again. However, it seems as if a switch went off somewhere, because now whenever I stand up, I have a contraction. If I walk too fast, I have a contraction. If I take a deep breath, I have a contraction....I know this is all perfectly normal, it's just new for me. DH has said that he's noticed that I've slowed down for the first time....

I'm actually really glad that wasn't the real thing for a few reasons....it was a rough day, but it gave DH and I a trial run with some comfort measures, and we know of a few things that worked well for me for back pain. Also, the baby was about 37.5 weeks, and because I'm GBS+ and not taking the antibiotics during labor, we were hoping the baby would be a little older to hopefully have a stronger immune system, and I also wanted some more time to work on the preventative measures my midwife/naturopath suggested to reduce the GBS colonization....all for the best, but we got excited nonetheless!! I think DH is more excited than I am....

In other news, he accepted a new job within the same company, and will be starting in just a few weeks. It's a lot to have going on at once, because he'll have a LOT of learning to do the first few months, but it will be good strategically since the times when you typically get the lowest review scores are after a long leave of absence (2 month paternity leave this summer) and after changing new jobs (long ramp-up time). He'll push both of them into one!

ANYWAY, better stop babbling....that's what 3 days of down time will do, eh?

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#20 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 10:34 PM

Hi everyone,

I missed you! I have really enjoyed imagining you in your respective spots and what you are going through.

Rad congratulations on your baby and your quick birth!

Moms who have had your babies, thanks for sticking around for the rest of us, your sweet momma energy is relaxing.

I feel ready for this baby in the most happy way. I met the midwife who is on call while my midwife is out of town and she is awesome! I totally connected with her and liked her. She was making lots of jokes, teasing me and my husband and I just would feel great if she was going to be with me for the birth. She studied with the woman who started waterbirths in the U.S. and is the one who started them here in Louisiana. I know I was trying to be brave about not having my original midwife but I am really happy now.

The baby is moving like crazy now and I had to go to the baby spinning site to see if he/she has actually changed positions. Something has changed and I can't quite put my finger on it. My belly feels looser but the baby feels bigger, except during contractions and then what I think is the little bottom pokes out on the side. As long as he/she is head down I spose all's well.

For the past few days everyone has been calling to see if we've had the baby yet. Iv'e been fine with that and not upset but today I just ran out of things to say. I feel a little grouchy and not chatty. Even my best friends seem to want to analyze how it must be to wait for the baby come. As much as I love them and appreciate their interest and excitement, it's not liike a wedding or other group event like that. I just feel really private and want to read books and clean and EAT tons of food and sleep and even watch Oprah. Lukily my husband is on the same wavelength. He has busied himself with repairing the car every day which is a bit of a stressor for me but a good distraction for him.

I have been feeling lots of contractions but nothing too strong.
#21 of 75 Old 03-09-2005, 10:48 PM

I was doing all right until today. I've gotten everything done that I 'have' to get done, and the utter lack of sleep is really catching up with me. I'm waking up anywhere from four to eight times a night - and I'm not typically in bed much longer than eight hours, mind. I had to go to the grocery store today and was just about dead by the time I finished. There weren't that many things on my list (plus they didn't have one of them, which meant my plans for lunch went out the window! )

That's the other thing, someone mentioned - feeling sick. I don't feel sick, per se, but I feel definitely off my feed. Nothing sounds good except really light stuff, and most of that of course doesn't have many calories, so it's not good for energy... yergh. It doesn't help matters that I'm a picky eater to start with, I'm sure.

I can't remember anything, either. I have a long list of stuff to do each day. Very simple stuff. , but I'm just so forgetful!

Dh seems to think that 'doing the dishes' means emptying the dishwasher and putting the dirty dishwasher-able dishes in the dishwasher, and that's it. Urgh. So there are pots & pans from spaghetti still sitting in the sink. I'll end up having to wash them, too, but by now they stink!

My breasts only started to leak in the last week, which was kind of weird - with dd, they started leaking around 26 weeks! I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that she's still nursing, albeit infrequently.

I've been feeling crampy tonight, different than other nights. I wish this was indicating something coming soon!

#22 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 12:11 AM

Hello!

Wow, talk about withdrawal!

Healthy vibes to all of us still waiting for our little ones.

Congrats to the new babies! Christine, I'm glad you asked those questions, especially about how to stay out of the pee line of fire! I'm sure I'll get hosed.

DD is March 13th for me. So far, I've felt a few slight twinges of menstrual cramps, and since last night have been a little mucousy down there. No plug, but definitely stuff that wasn't there before. Baby is moving nicely.

I feel pretty good, though I too am waking up four to six times a night. That sucks. It also keeps my partner up, and she still has to go to work. I've been cooking like a fiend, freezing up stuff for after the baby. Cleaning too, but it seems like it needs to be redone constantly, or there's always something else to tidy up. There are days when I have lots of energy, and other days when all I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch cooking shows. I think I get tired when I have to run errands or go to appointments; it's very cold here, there's still lots of snow and ice, and getting around is fairly laborious. I'm avoiding the car, because I find it so uncomfortable to get in and out of it, let alone try to twist around to parallel park.

Guess I'd better get to bed now...

Nice to check in with all of you. Looking forward to more birth stories and photos of little ones!
#23 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 01:10 AM

I personally am enjoying having neighbors ask my due date and getting to reply cheerfully, "2 days ago!" I've had a cold since Sunday, though, which has made me rather weary with pregnancy. The combination of waking up every hour to pee, waking up every hour needing to blow my nose, and having to find the perfect position where I can both breathe around the baby and breathe through my nose...and then having dd pick that moment to wake up really fidgety and want to nurse...is not fun. I know I should want to get better and rested before giving birth, but I really just feel like any time now would be good!

Oye Yemaya oloto
#24 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

I just wrote an update in Birth and Beyond but can't type the same again. I am just too tired and frustrated right now Here it is:
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...55#post2790255

Sorry for the bad mood
#25 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 AM

Congratulations, rad!

polihaupt. I'm only getting a taste of what you're describing, and I'm a week from my due date, so I can only imagine how frustrating and exhausting that is.

I've been trying to do a lot of yoga and meditation, visualising this baby getting it's "finishing touches" (as Dh put it) in there, and trusting that she or he knows when it's time for him/her to emerge. I'm trying to also to remember it's a "due month" rather than "due date".

The new moon was definitely up to something last night; I was up for a while yet again with mild contractions, eased by yoga. Woke up this morning feeling wierd, then threw up my breakfast, and went back to bed with mild contractions and feeling like someone drugged me. Finally got a bit of sleep and now it's all over. Urgh!

I too am totally sick of the questions. Like, "Still got that baby in your belly?", as if I'm doing something wrong somehow. And my mum who insists on naming random dates and telling me that's when it will come. She's a control freak. Whenever the baby comes she is bound to say, " I knew it would come on that day..." :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholderby
Now that all of the birth hoopla has died down, I am slowly adjusting to time at home. Its actually harder than I thought (not the work, or taking care of the baby, more just being the only adult in a very quiet house). I never, ever thought I would miss the office.
That is a really really good thing that you can acknowledge and admit that. It took me a while to admit to myself how lonely and often boring it was being at home with a new baby, especially after all the excitement has died down and you're no longer the focus of so much attention. The most helpful thing for me was to get out to places where there were other mamas in the same situation, with similar parenting philosophies; for me it was a LLL group. I'd also go for lots of walks or go sit in a cafe and nurse my baby and read a book, just to make sure I was out of the house and around other adults some of the day. I think the isolation of a new SAHM can set up PPD very easily if not taken care of. Something I've been trying to keep in mind in preparing for this 2nd time around.
#26 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 10:04 AM

DH woke up this morning, after a solid TEN HOURS of sleep, complianing to me about "how exhasuted" he is Yeah. I bet that sleeping soundly is a real $@%#! At least I have something to offer up now :LOL

When, oh when, will my cloth diapers fit ds? I really wanted to use them when we got home from the hospital (I'm ashamed to say I wanted to use them more because it was a new toy than for any health/enviro reason). All of them are way too big. The fitteds and AIOs go over the umb. stump, so that's not healthy. And the prefolds (which I bought in the smaller size) have to be folded down so much that baby looks more like oragmi than anything else.

It's countertop day! Two more days until we have running water in our kitchen!

Someone has got to go into labor today. I can feel it.

#27 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM

I'm still here!!

I would have posted yesterday but I am *so* tired and I had sick kiddos yesterday. One of my complaints abou thaving to send my stepson to public school, he brings back all the nasty germs the other kids spread around.

Speaking of tired, this can not be natural! I have never in my life expereinced such fatigue, well except the first tri of this pregnancy. And forgetfullness, holy crap! My brain, which was already mush, has completly oozed out of my head. There is seriously no grey mater left in my noggin lol

I almost thought the 3rd quarter moon was going to work its magic on me this weekend. Saturday night I had some definete early labor, not the typical prodromal ctrx I normally have, these were real radiating from my back all the way around. But after a few hours they fizzled out. Shoulda known I would go thru this! I have had ctrx since then, some strong some weak but nothing like that night.

Now I am just a cranky ball of tired forgetfulness. I mean really cranky. My poor kids and DH :LOL
#28 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Speaking of tired, this can not be natural! I have never in my life expereinced such fatigue
No joke- 2 times this week I have closed DDs play room door and layed on the bed in there with her and slept as she played.... Such a bad mama- I have never ever in my life done something like that. How can I be so tired and then in the next breath be cleaning like a fool!

My breast are getting ready Thank god! The are looking perky again, and I can feel my milk ducts filling I guess there are good thing my body is doing....

Now about these cx that keep coming and going- I mean really- is that really needed? Not only does it kinda hurt but it has been going on for a week- and then they just stop.... Just start already! My date was the 9th and that has come and gone (not my EDD that is the 13th, but the date I had thought the baby would be born) So my sweet DH tells me today that it will happen on the 31st (DDs bday) What the heck??? Does he really understand that that is like FOREVER away????

I have been cranky too- DH wants me to make calls for the business, and I dont want to, and they called me in for a meeting yesterday at our office- what the heck? I cant even get in my car! Well I can, but is it really safe?

Okay- off to have more cramping with no baby! So wonderful!

#29 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 PM

After talking to the naturopath-midwife at my appointment yesterday, we've decided that I didn't have the flu this weekend, but rather something food-related. Yuck. But at least that's not contagious and goes away faster than the flu. But yuck.

I was a little surprised when I asked her about alternatives to taking antibioticcs during labor for GBS and she didn't have a ready answer....something about "well, a woman I saw a few years ago did SOMEthing, but I can't remember what it was....let me call you" I'm happy that she's going to look some things up for us and call, but I thought that this would have come up more often. I know that this team has treated plenty of women who test GBS+ and decline the antibiotics...I'm just so concerned about TAKING them or NOT TAKING them. Anyone else struggling with this decision?

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#30 of 75 Old 03-10-2005, 01:19 PM

About the GBS...

When we had dd I decided not to be tested, but if (x...x....x...x..) factors happened then we would take the medication. My DH feels that pelvic exams are very invasive (sp) So, anyway, all our "X" happened... sigh... So I got a round at the hospital and because I was a transfer and was there only 1 hour before DD was born they gave DD another round. And she got a very bad rash from it. Looking back, I would not ever do that again- I mean I gave my brand new born antibiotics for something I didnt even know she had- "just in case"? I am very upset at myself for doing that- my DD has never had a drug in her life and there I go pummping her up. I would learn the early signs and then watch for them. Also, many women test positive and during labor are negitive- it is a crappy test that give bad information.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page