March Mamas: March 14 to 20 - Babies, Babies! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadaisy
I'd really like to have this baby by Sunday. I would much prefer a Picses than an Aries. I am an Aries and I cannot imagine raising me. However, I can only imagine that coaxing this baby into the world before he/she is ready will not change who they are destined to be. It may be payback time...I might have a strong-willed Arian girl *ducking for cover*. My dh puts no stock in astrology at all. I can go either way.

I have NO signs of impending labor. No mucus, no blood. ...Since my baby is right-side-lying I know I am primed for more back labor and suspect that maybe the baby's head is causing the back pain??? any thoughts...
Wow,
Mamadaisy I was reading your post and thinking that is EXACTLY what I should have written. I am also an Aries and have been wishful about the Pices/Aries thing, esp since this pregnancy I've had so many fish images pop up at strange times. My baby is also on the right-side, but I didn't realize that could cause more back pain. I also have no signs of labor yet, so I am just trying to be OK with baby deciding when she will come.

I have an appointment with my backup doc today, but I really don't want to go, as they just take my BP and some measurements and send me on my way. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to go there.

Good luck to all the mammas contracting and getting strong feelings for today.
Happy St. Patty's Day!
#62 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 11:34 AM

I've been lurking form the April board excited to here about all the March births as I prepare for mine. Congrats to everyone Crayon your pics are beautiful! I'm glad the birth went well and you finally have your baby girl!
#63 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 11:58 AM

Oh wow! Its only been 24 hours since I was online and look at all that's happened! Congrats to both of you!!!

I think we'll try to brave the grocery store today. I'm trying very hard to bring down our weekly food bill, we'll see how it goes. Having a functioning kitchen should help.

Are any of you CDing you're newborn? If so, what are you using? My fitteds and AIOs are still too big and I feel like I'm not folding the prefolds right. Can this be done? Or are they really too small at first? Any tips?

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#64 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 12:51 PM

Congrats Ang and welcome baby girl Crayon.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#65 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=mommyto2]OK, so it looks like tomorrow is really my day... Contractions continued all day, but just more plug ... Midwife happened to call me. She is wonderful! I am so ready! We are half Italian, half Irish (both dh & myself) so a baby on St paddy's day is cool!!! If it's a girl, Francesca.... Might have to rethink that one. Boy is Braden (Irish). LOT's of contractions & I am almost done. Woohoo!!!!!

I love the name Braden! I have Irish ancestry too, but my husband is Jewish so finding names that sound good together has been fun. Braden...hmmm
#66 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Here is my birth story of my girl

Patchfire- can you change her stats? :LOL did I put 30 3/4 inch??? No wonder I was hurting :

her stats are 10:02 pm 3/16/05
7lbs 12oz
20 1/4 nches

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#67 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 02:05 PM

Congratulations, Erin! Welcome to the world baby girl!

Congratulations, Ang! The pics of baby girl crayon are fabulous. I can't wait to hear her name.

Cmildenb--OK, so I am not the only one thinking about these things. I already feel like I am destined to have a strong-willed child this time around given how mellow ds has been. So, I suppose I will just let this one show me who they are to be and when they are meant to meet us.

I am trying to be more positive about this because ultimately, I am pretty sure this will be my last pregnancy. We only plan to have two kiddos and dh is ready for the big V. So, I do not want to remember pregnancy as a dreaded time. I will try really hard to treasure these last few moments alone with my little one before I have to share him/her with the world.

Have a great day, all!
#68 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Congratulations, Erin & Ang!!!

: to the baby girls!
#69 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 02:31 PM

Erin - Congrats on your lttle girl!! Looking forward to reading the birth story
#70 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM

: babies!!!

Erin, we're waiting for more details!

Ang, your pictures are fabulous. Thank you for sharing them!

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#71 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 04:56 PM

I just got back from the MW and had an NST done. Baby is fine. I have been eating so much stuff that I apparently have gained 5 lbs and have a mild case of edema. My blood pressure is fine. No wonder I feel like an oompa loompa girl. I'm feeling a little ashamed of myself for going so out of control. Sheer bordem I guess. I am a professional chef so I can really cook up some decadent yummies. Back to the greens-no-dairy diet for a few days until I can detox a bit. In the meantime, although I refused an internal exam, the baby has engaged(reminds me of Star Trek for some reason). Maybe this weekend? Thank you for the happy labor vibes everyone!

Congratulations Erin and Angie!! I am so happy for you!
#72 of 113 Old 03-17-2005, 10:16 PM

Jennie- WHERE ARE YOU???? Are you in labor?? I know you post everyday.... Hmmmm... So I had to tell you that my baby loves her sling- and also DD has been walking around with her stuffed animal in hers today- I knew all she has to do was see me using it. I will post a photo of it tomorrow- and how cute is this story! DH was downstairs and DD wanted to go down so I was taking her and and the new baby started fussing on our bed so I asked DH to go get her and he takes a few min and come in the kitchen wearing the sling! A grown man in a tye dye sling- it was beyond priceless! I was amazed! Anyway- I even nursed in the sling today

Hope your babe is on his/her way......

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#73 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 01:27 AM

Congrats Erin on a baby girl!!!

Ang-- Oh your babe is so beautiful so is lil Miss Rainey! Thank you for sharing her pics and story :-) Its so wonderful new baby enjoys her sling. :LOL at dad in the tye dye!

Babe is still nice and cozy inside. I had an uber busy day today, grocery shopping, met a friend for coffee, midwifes appt and then had a nice long prenatal massage. Mmmmm heaven! Too bad it didn't help put me into labor But I am still betting on April for the birth since my prodromal just kicked in this past Mon or Tues. I still have another week or 2 of it before active labor starts.

Cholderby--I brought my grocery bill down by signing up for the frugal menu mailer @ www.menumailer.net It does half meat and half vegeterian dishes on the weekly menu, which really helps save money. And the meat nights use cheaper meats. I used to use the regular menu mailer and would spend anywhere from $75-100 per weeks menu but on the frugal I am spending $55. Not a HUGE savings but every penny counts right now.
#74 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

This is very whinging and self-centered.

So much for the vaunted 'second babies come earlier than first babies,' which is all I heard for, oh, the first 37 weeks or so of this pregnancy. Of course, after that, people felt obliged to tell me about their cousin's next-door neighbour's stepwife who went two weeks past their edd with the second and had had the first at 39 weeks and so on. At any rate, dd was born at 8 am at 39w4d, and well, it's past 8 am and today I'm 39w4d, and frankly - not impressed Spike, not impressed.

The end result of all of this is that mentally I'm in a horrible place and I really can't figure out what to do about it. My friend is here from RI to doula, both for the birth & afterwards, and all I can think right now is that she's going to end up going home before Spike comes. Yes, my rational brain knows that just because Spike isn't here on the 18th doesn't mean s/he won't be here by the 26th, but since when am I supposed to be rational?

It doesn't help that MIL keeps calling, 'fishing' to see if I've gone into labour, because she knows we won't call until the baby is born. Last night she called to ask dh a hypothetical question - if she decides to move, and if she sells her house and moves into some condo, would he come set up her computer there. No reason whatsoever to call about that now, she hasn't even decided to move! She's just being interfering and tryin to get away with it.

I've been having crampy feeling since about 4:30 am. They slowed down when I had to drive dh to the bus stop (normally that's only twice a week, but hey, why not make a 39 weeks pregnant woman do it three times this week!) and then came back after we got back, and they slowed down when I first got up and ate, but now I don't know what they're doing. I'm v. skeptical. Maybe at least they're dilating something, anyway.

I wish I could even just have a good cry, but I'm stuck in this flat affect. Ugh!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#75 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 01:00 PM

Hello everyone!!!

Kash, it will be okay- the baby is on its way.... Feeling very emotional is a good sign- the night before I had my new baby I was crying because I didnt get to the market.

Well, here in my homefront it has been very werid. First these afterpains are not what I had in mind. I was thinking- sure a few cramps here and there- NO!!!! it is like I have been in mild labor for 2 days- well 3 if you count the day she was born and 3 weeks if you count when the prelaborish feeling started! I want to be done hurting. This baby (still no name ) is way more of a fussier than Rainey was, and it makes you feel so non-AP when your baby is crying and you have no idea why. Also the lack of sleep doesnt help one bit. Between a toddler and a newborn- yikes! I just kinda lost it about 5am when I was in the other room with the new baby trying to get some sleep and I heard DD wake up. DH got her back to sleep but I could just seem the morning coming with very little sleep and I felt like I had labor 2 days ago and no sleep from then on- I just sarted crying. Then DH told me to go lay with DD #1 and he would sit with the baby- who was sleeping by now. Well all ended good- I did get some sleep and the baby slept for hours too- I think her tummy was hurting it was very hard and she had a BM and then feel alseep.

We took a shower with her today- she had not been washed, I heard the white stuff that they are born with is good for thier skin- but she was starting to smell stinky :LOL so she got a shower....

Well, that is my update today

#76 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 01:11 PM

crayon, sending some hugs your way. OK, maybe I am OK with babe on the inside a while longer. I am a little stressed about totally sleeplessness again (ds only occaisionally sleeps through the night without needing comforted by one of us). Anyway, I had heard (can someone second this???) that taking calcium with magnesium can help ease the harshness of the after pains, especially with subsequent children. I never had any discernable discomfort with ds, but I've been told they get worse with each kid and of course, nursing brings them on. Gotta run ds is up.
#77 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 01:54 PM

Kash. I think Ang is right, this is early labor emotionalness.

Ang - I have often thought in these past few weeks how incredibly hard it must be to have two. hugs to you too.

Jennie - Thanks for the link, I'm going to try it out this week!

I had a rough 24 hours. The baby went through 5 different outfits (through various combos of spitting up, peeing while being changed and diaper blow outs) and barely slept last night. He wasn't crying, he was just awake. But he very much objected to us putting him down or turnign off the lights, so I was up all night too. But he was all smiles otherwise. Why can't he do that when his grandparents are around?

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#78 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 01:57 PM

Yes! Afterpains shocked me also when I had my second child - nobody had told me they would be so bad. They seem to be getting worse every time...

It may sound like a lot of medication, but my MWs told me I could take up to 800mg Motrin every 6 hours and then 1000mg Tylenol if the Motrin wore off before the 6 hours (which for me meant within 3 hours). Even though I was taking so much medication, I could still feel pain! I can't imagine how horrible they would have been had I taken nothing. These painkillers SAVEDMY LIFE this time around!!

Crayon s to you. It can be hard in the beginning with little ones so close together in age, but it will get better - believe me I hope you are able to get some proper rest tonight
#79 of 113 Old 03-18-2005, 11:24 PM

Ooh, afterpains. This time, they were very strong. I don't remember a one from my first baby! I actually took Tylennol, and I never take anything. It really helped. Thank goodness they're gone now.

Click here for Ellery's birth story.

Hope all are doing well, whether your baby is in or out!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#80 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

I have now added more colour to the list... clearly I need to have this baby already! :LOL

Yikes, I had forgotten that I most likely have afterpains to look forward to. Ah, well. I might be so deliriously happy to be able to go to sleep more easily that I'll just float through them or something. Yeah, right!

I am very behind on congratulating people this week! I am sorry. So here - - lots of balloons for all this week's new babies!

FIL emailed me today (FIL & MIL are long-divorced) with a 'joke' about the baby not coming until 'week after next.' You would think a man who has three kids would remember not to kid a pregnant woman...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#81 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 04:02 AM

Whew, I feel like I am finally catching my breath today...

I woke up this morning after having actually slept last night, thanks to dh, to find my milk already in. Both dd's have worked hard to pull that off. It is incredibly wonderful to watch them watch each other as they're nursing, and to be able to let Grace switch and twiddle and go on for as long as she wants without having aversion feelings, and to be able to do all this on my back! Well worth the afterpains that are usually going on at the same time. :

Eve was 8 lb 13 oz, 21 in long, born at 1:19 pm 3/16 after a 6 hour labor, with black hair and dark blue eyes. The midwife arrived just as her head was coming down. She was born in the bathtub, into my hands, then I sat back and nursed her while the tub filled with warm water. Some day I will post her birth story and picture (film processing is one of the things I haven't caught up with yet -- laundry is another; I feel like we will never catch up on laundry ever again :LOL ).

Ang, I loved reading your birth story and what beautiful pictures. It felt sort of like we were living parallel lives.

Kash, I sympathize re: the myth of earlier second babies. : I hope yours comes soon!

Serina, WOW, what an amazing birth story. And she looks so wise.

Oye Yemaya oloto
#82 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 09:00 AM

It's a girl! Katherine Elizabeth was born Friday, March 18 at 4:41 pm. She weighed 8 pounds 15 ounces - my smallest baby yet - and has lots of dark hair.

I am typing the whole birth story which I will post later. I did choose to have an induction via having my ob break the amniotic sac, which was done at 9:20 am. This was my fastest birth, but also the most painfully unbearable. Unlike my first two non-medicated borths, this time I was that crazy lady screaming and probably scaring all the other women done the hall. :LOL Funny now that it's over.

My sweet baby girl is nursing well on my left side, but refusing to nurse on the right. Maybe she has some bruising on that side?

She is doing well and so am I.

Congrats to all the other new moms and sending labor vibes to all those who need them!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#83 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 10:37 AM

eminer: good to hear from you. Love the image of your tandem nurslings... so sweet!!

Teensy: Congratulations!

My daily update:
I'm still here, still waiting. Felt very yucky yesterday, lots of cx last evening, then slept all night and now not much is going on. I'm having difficulty even writing about it. It's so very discouraging.

DD wants to share computer time, so I'll post more later.

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#84 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminer
Serina, WOW, what an amazing birth story. And she looks so wise.
Thanks, Erin. Congrats to you on your little one!

Baby crying. More later!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#85 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 11:16 AM

She arrived on St. Patrick's Day! She weighed in at 9 lbs 5 oz!!! 20.5 inches. She is perfect! home waterbirth. Extremely intense.... will share more when I can type without crying.

We are both doing great!
#86 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 11:21 AM

Serina, I'm wiping tears off of my face after reading your birth story. It was really well written. What an awesome experience you had!

Erin, I'm so happy to hear that tandem nursing is going so well for you! It's really encouraging. I'm getting a little nervous about it myself.

: Katherine! Congratulations, Tanya! Good thing those super intense labors are usually also quick ones, huh?

Boy, am I glad I read this thread. I just realized that I have absolutely no analgesics in my home for those afterpains, which are sure to be bad with a third birth. I normally don't take them, but I definitely need to have some Motrin on hand for after my birth. I'm also going to try a heating pad and some accupressure. There's a spot on the inner calf, about four fingers above the ankle bone, between the bone and the muscle that is supposed to really help with afterpains.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#87 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Congrats to all the new arrivals yay!
#88 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 12:48 PM

eminer- I love your daughter's name glad you're getting some rest

crayon-sending support your way--sounds like your DH is helpful though...

serina-beautiful birth story and very inspiring.

Teensy and Mommyto2

Kash: Believe me I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT WAITING

Yes folks baby is still not here. I am now 9 days overdue according to the EDD. I have already freaked out, gone through every emotion and now I am just numb. What the heck? I think this baby is trying to be an Aries or maybe wants to be born on the Equinox which is cool. My husband answers about 6 calls a day "Nope no baby yet". His father the urologist calls twice a day. He is going in for an angioplasty on Monday and really wants to know we are ok before he goes. Sorry dude I don't perform well under pressure.
The good thing is that I got a great massage yesterday and feel more spiritually centered. She did some energy work on me and I just know that everything is going to be ok health wise. But emotionally this is a joke!!!

Please send me some labor vibes, I want to see my little son or daughter and be a mommy. I am ready.
#89 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 01:37 PM

Congrats Teensy and Mommyto2!!!

Kash-- sending you some big hugs b/c girl I am so right there with you! And now my mil is driving me batty. She arrived yesterday and i guess she thought I was due this weekend and well obviously since I am "due" then baby will just come on out while she is here I told her I wasn't due until Wed and each of the pregnancies has gotten longer so i am fairly certain I will not give birth until April. Then as she is leaving for the hotel last night she says, now call me if you have any labor pains. ARG lol

Ang--Name that baby already After pains from my second were by far the worst pain I ever felt. I amazingly had no afterpains with my 3rd. Things will settle down soon and you will all get into a routine and get some better sleep But thanks for reminding me what I have to look forward to her ein the next few weeks :LOL
#90 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 03:11 PM

Welcome Eve,Francesca,Ellery and Katherine

Nice jobs mama's!

Isn't it nice to finally hold those sweet babes in your arms

I can not believe my babe is already going to be a month old!She is so sweet and getting good and chubby.Her sleep patterns are finally becoming more established.She pretty much slept for the first three weeks straight.Now she wakes up around 8am with me and is alert until around 10am and then sleeps for a few more hours.Wakes around noon and is alert for a few hours and then settles in for a longer nap until about 7pm.We settle into bed around 9 or so and then we all sleep until 8am.She nurses around 6 times or so during the night but she sleeps with me so that is easy enough.It barely wakes me.

We have been getting Stellaria adjusted once a week since her birth and also the day she was born.I swear this is my easiest most peaceful baby ever.I can only praise the healing powers of chiropractic care to make a peaceful baby.No reflux,no colic,no hours of fussing, just a peaceful babe.Bliss~

Serina i loved your birthing story~

A couple of things that were very helpful for me during labor was to lean up against a wall during contrax and bend my knees while keeping my back straight and sway my hips.It helps to open you up and it really felt good with the contrax.Sometimes when a contrax would start i would try to walk to the nearest wall to do this and i couldn't even make it. :LOL The other thing that really helped was for every negative thought i had i made myself say something positive outloud.If i was in pain i would say something funny so that we would all laugh.When i felt like i could not go on i would say i can do this.On our video you can hear me saying 'come on baby,come out' when i was pushing.It felt good to say those affirmations and it really helped to clear out the negative energy.

So to those still in waiting,i feel for you and remember it will happen!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page