March Mamas: March 14 to 20 - Babies, Babies! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Teensy and mommyto2!

Okay, you are all going to laugh, but... somewhere I read that there's an old wives' tale about going into labor after walking backwards up a hill. So today I went out for a v. short walk, and while I was out, I walked backwards up a hill. If it works, I promise to never slander old wives' tales again. :LOL

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Congrats to all the new mama's!!! I am just so excited! Lots of girls eh? So who is having the next boy??

My afterpains have been better today- but my god, someone should tell a lady she will feel like labor for days after the baby is born! I swear I feel like my body has been in prelabor, then labor then prelabor again for 3 weeks!

DH has been wonderful! And the more I think about my homebirth comparied to my hospital birth I am shocked that people even go to the hospital. It was like night and day- and there is no one thing I would change. It all worked so well, my body worked so well and my DD was able to be part of it- could you see a hospital letting a 2 year old put a hot compress on her mama as the baby was crowning? It was just amazing.

My girls are doing very well together- amazing how my 2 year old is so kind and sweet with the baby- she wants mama time, but is upset if the baby is not right there during her mama time. I took her downstairs today and she was screaming up the stairs at her dad for the baby. :LOL Telling him "down!!"

Still no name- it is getting kinda frusterating- I cant really sit at the computer long because I start to hurt- and DH has been on it non stop- so I have not been able to look for names- we have 4 we like so far:

Jade
Jaden
Karli- it mean snow covered in turkish
Brooke

For a middle name we like Rose

But nothing is a for sure... We really like Karli but DH's family knew a family that had a Rainy and a Carly- and we already have a Rainey- and it is kinda too weird to have a Karli- but they dont ever talk anymore- for like 15 years.... but still.. werid!

So that is the name drama!

Hugs to all the new mamas

and sending lots of to all the mamas waiting!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#93 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 10:06 PM

oh, I almost forgot! I have the cutiest photo of my NAMELESS girl!

http://kids.corelevel.com/gallery/Th...amily/Dsc04355

:LOL

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

#94 of 113 Old 03-19-2005, 11:58 PM

nak,cute babe.take extra calcium/magnesium for afterpains.mine weren't so bad.
#95 of 113 Old 03-20-2005, 11:56 AM

Ang she is too cute! I love that pic

I would go with Jaden or karli if Rose is the middle name. I really like Karli Rose But I know all about this name ame thing. DH and I bought a few books, searched a zillion websites and still, nada! But like i have said a million times we didn't have a name for our last until she was born and her name came to me. I assume that will happen this time as well.
#96 of 113 Old 03-20-2005, 01:15 PM

Yeah, the name thing is really driving me crazy. I like Karli Rose too, but it feels very "modern" to me. Like if I say yes to Karli everyone and their brother will be like "my sisters husbands bestfriends named their DD Carly"

Okay has this happened to any of the new mamas or the mamas of other kids....

My first DD had goopy eyes- like that green/yellow stuff that seals the eyelids shut we had thought it was due to the eye goop but it looks like I just make babies with nasty eye goop! This one has it too... My mom said put tea on her eyes and I have only camomeal (sp) and I tried BM but my boobs are so new to the milk they are not letting me express any- also, my MW told me to use baby shampoo that will not hurt the eyes and put that on them- did that, they look better but not gone away. HELP!!!

Okay she is fussy.... GG

#97 of 113 Old 03-20-2005, 02:21 PM

Breastmilk is really the best thing.I would use a warm washcloth to wipe off the eyes and keep your hands and anything else that touches her eyes clean.When you are nursing pull off while she is nursing and use the milk that is leaking out into her eyes.Eyebright tea or chickweed would be ideal.But really warm water will do the trick.
#98 of 113 Old 03-20-2005, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Here's my 40 week belly, give or take about five hours : Belly!

I've been cramping pretty much all afternoon - started about 2 pm and it's after 7 now. Just cramping, nothing that I really have to pay too much attention to, but. It's definitely There. Of course, I had about three or four hours of cramping the other morning that petered out, too... the difference here is that I'm still cramping, despite changing positions, running an errand, eating a meal, and going for a walk. *sigh* I'm going to be really upset if this is still just my body teasing me... though I'm certainly prepared for that to be the case.

#99 of 113 Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM

Woo hoo, Kash -- ::labor vibes::

My mother finally left. I love her, but it really did feel like *finally*. I'm starting to notice a pattern: new babies create tension between the two of us (and between her and dh, and her and dd, etc). So now that mom is gone and we're out of diapers (fortunately the laundromat is open 24 hours tonight) I was sitting here with Eve naked on my lap, with my pants off (since Eve recently pooed on them), and she pooed and peed right down my leg onto the floor.

And I thought, WOW, mopping this up is so much easier than convincing her it will be ok to have her diaper changed. We may never wear clothes again. :LOL

Oye Yemaya oloto
#100 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 12:30 AM

Welp, still here, still pregnant. When I am able to reach it I have found my cervix is high, pretty long, and only a fingertip open. Geez, that is discouraging. As much as I know that can change rather quickly with this being a second babe, it does nothing to help me out of my pity party. I just wish something would start. I do have a very achy back, but that has been the case for 4 days now.

I cannot believe I am going to have an Aries baby! I don't know what to think. I am an Aries. I don't think I am ready for a very strong-willed child. :

I have not been very good at congratulating the recent-posting mamas! Welcome babies! We just had another round of boy announcements. They seem to go in waves of either boy or girl.
#101 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 01:00 AM

Yeah-we seem to be pretty much half and half for boys and girls here so far. Pretty neat to see!

I've had a lovely weekend....but no baby here yet. My due date is not until this coming Thursday, and I'm still feeling really good. I'd love for that to continue right up until I deliver, but there's probably a greater chance that it just means that I'm not destined to deliver anytime soon....oh well. That would be fine with me, except that dh decided to take a new job starting the 4th of April (with the same company, different group) and we don't know whether or not they'd let him take leave his FIRST WEEK. So I'd really like this one to come out this week so that I can know that he'll be home with me for a while....

I've loved reading all of the birth stories....I MUST be pregnant because they all make me cry!!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#102 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 12:10 PM

I can't believe how many new babies there are! Congratulations everyone - I absolutely love reading the birth stories, they are so inspiring.

Yesterday we took a couple good walks in the park, as the weather was sunny and 60 degrees. I'm finally 40 wks today, but yesterday around 4pm I started having contractions every ten minutes, which is the most regular they've been so far. They lasted until about 10pm, but didn't get any closer. I think it was just a teaser, but I'm trying to stay positive and remember that every contraction will help either tone or dilate me. We've even tried some hanky-panky the past couple nights, but it only starts a few contractions right afterward and then they peter out.

This morning I woke up with absolute searing pain in my pelvis and pubic bone. I guess I've been lucky up to this point to not have too many pains. This week is Spring Break for both my husband and I, who are in grad school, so we're trying to relax and enjoy ourselves, despite the pressure to have our baby while we actually have some time off.

Don't give up hope, overdue new mommas-to-be. We will get there eventually.
#103 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Ok Kash where are you? Laboring yet? :LOL

Me I am still here still getting teased of course. My mil leaves tommorow so tommorow would be a good day to go into labor If not then I don't want labor until March 30 or after when the midwife I really like will be available. She leaves town on my due date! Guess its a good thing my pregnancies tend to get a bit longer each time. Lets just hope it holds true for this one as well.
#104 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniebug
Ok Kash where are you? Laboring yet? :LOL
I wish! I still had *very* regular cramping until about 3 am last night, then off and on until about 9 this morning... I went back to bed at 10 this morning (I figure, I did need some sleep, somehow) and when I just got back up, I was having a few more cramps. Ugh! I had some prodromal labor with dd, but a totally different pattern - light contractions during the night when I was asleep, that always stopped when I got up and ate or drank something, so it was clear they weren't anything. These cramps have bordered on painful and when they stop or slow doesn't seem very related to much!

Molly was going to take over the list this week - thinking maybe I'd be too busy later in the week to keep it up - :LOL - so I didn't start a new thread.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I say that about the cramps, I get some REALLY painful ones. If I could be sure they were really doing something, I suppose I'd feel better about it. Or if I knew they would change into something else!

#105 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 03:45 PM

Kash, I hear you about the prodromal labor. With my first I didnt really have any- then with this one I had it and it was also boarder line pianful. It is fursterating, but the good thing is my labor was very easy when you put it next to my first

Sending you baby vibes and a fast and wonderful labor when it happeneds

#106 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 03:57 PM

I guess I will do my daily update here I didnt want to start a new weekly thread- and I have a few min to type.

Well, we have decided to call our new baby Breeze but we do not have a middle name yet. It is very hard to find one that works well with Breeze... so any ideas would be nice

After day 4 I seem to always feel better all the way around. Day 4 is the most emotional day for me in early post-par and it made it even worse I was so upset we didnt have a name yet. So I feel better being able to call her something now- and Rainey goes around saying Breezzzzeeee and Rainey doesnt talk much at all yet, so it is nice to hear her calling the baby.

My body is feeling better- the after pains have stopped and my boobs are feeling better. They hurt the last 2 days pretty good, but today they are just leakers!

Breeze is sleeping very good- she ate at about 1 am when we went to bed and got up at 4:30am to eat and be changed and then again at 9:30am when we all got up Rainey was the same way so we are blessed with sleep around our house

Our major problem is diapers : I am beyond upset about it- it doesnt seem to matter if I use a pefold or a fitted she will pee or poop once and if I dont here it ( :LOL ) her diaper will leak thru her wool cover onto her clothes and even thru her blanket.... It is driving me nuts- and I swear I changed 4 outfits last night in 5 min- I am not joking! I swear..... I dont ever have a problem with leaks with Rainey and we use wool on her too and she can pee- but Breeze must be trying to put out fires, because I have never had a major leak thru a wool cover like she gives me.

Well, I took some more photos of her I have to show off- what kind of mama would I be if I didnt

So here are some I took today Breeze

#107 of 113 Old 03-21-2005, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayon
IAfter day 4 I seem to always feel better all the way around. Day 4 is the most emotional day for me in early post-par and it made it even worse I was so upset we didnt have a name yet.
Whoa, the parallel lives feeling continues. Yesterday I freaked poor Grace out bursting into tears uncontrollably in front of her a couple of times. Then I remembered it was the same day I had felt that way after Grace was born, though at the time I assumed it was because I had to go to a class and leave her with dh. It was like a feeling of deep sadness and worry about my connection with both of them. And Eve's cord stump fell off, and Grace started expressing some feelings about nursing, and

ETA: Cute pictures, and congratulations on finding the name.

Oye Yemaya oloto
#108 of 113 Old 03-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadaisy
Welp, still here, still pregnant. When I am able to reach it I have found my cervix is high, pretty long, and only a fingertip open. Geez, that is discouraging. As much as I know that can change rather quickly with this being a second babe, it does nothing to help me out of my pity party. I just wish something would start. I do have a very achy back, but that has been the case for 4 days now.

I cannot believe I am going to have an Aries baby! I don't know what to think. I am an Aries. I don't think I am ready for a very strong-willed child. :

I have not been very good at congratulating the recent-posting mamas! Welcome babies! We just had another round of boy announcements. They seem to go in waves of either boy or girl.
I'm STILL in the same boat...and Ack!! An Aries baby in our household?? Help! LOL Our entire household is either Capricorns or Pisces. Just watch...I'll end up with a red-head to boot!
#109 of 113 Old 03-22-2005, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGaia
I'm STILL in the same boat...and Ack!! An Aries baby in our household?? Help! LOL Our entire household is either Capricorns or Pisces. Just watch...I'll end up with a red-head to boot!
Quote:
I cannot believe I am going to have an Aries baby! I don't know what to think. I am an Aries. I don't think I am ready for a very strong-willed child.

: I have an Aries, good luck ladies :

#110 of 113 Old 03-22-2005, 02:36 PM

Hey, I am an Aries! There's nothing wrong with us! I am kinda scared to have another Aries in the house though...yikes.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#111 of 113 Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM

I was telling my grandma how crazy my little Aries is and she was laughing at me because my uncle is an Aries and she said if he was her first she would not have had more- he was a nut! My girl is beyond hard headded- and she climbs on everything. I knew that Breeze would not be an aries becuase she was so different in the womb. But you know Aries are very smart- it must be because they never give up!

#112 of 113 Old 03-22-2005, 06:32 PM

OK, I know I am posting on last week's thread...but I had to chime in on the Aries thing, again. I am an Aries and was born in the Chinese year of the dragon. My poor mom had a fire breathing dragon ram child. Strong-willed doesn't quite get at my persistence. I was going to say, however, that so many Aries are truly great people--really amazing, bright, creative people. So, there is some payoff for all the effort. I also know some pretty laid back Aries'. When I mentioned my fears to my mom about raising an Aries, she came very near cackling...something not in her nature to do. She was so pleased with the idea that payback might be coming. I also have fallen head over heels in love with several Arian males. So, if this is a boy, we might just be a match for one another. Though, I am feeling like this one might be a girl after all the torture he/she is putting me through--ALREADY!
#113 of 113 Old 04-12-2005, 03:24 PM

well, i'm adding my babe to the list of march babies a bit late...and i hardly ever come here, but i am such a proud mama that i had to post!

miles otto was born at 2:35 am March 18th weighing 8 lbs 10oz, 21 in. my birth story is listed under birth stories.

congrats to all the new mamas! i love babies!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page