Is anyone else still waiting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My EDD isn't until the 20th, but I'm getting impatient with all of these March babies arriving. I'm afraid it will be April before I get to see her.

Just feeling sorry for myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 04:14 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I, too, am due March 20. I even lost my plug along with bloody show (sorry TMI) last Thursday. On March 7th I was 2.5 cm dialted and 25% effaced at -2 station, then March 14 I was still 2.5 cm dialted 50% effaced but went -3 station!! I am going in reverse. This is my 3rd baby and I never thought I'd have to wait until my EDD. Oh well...I guess they will come when they are good and ready....lol. It's so tough waiting though isn't it? My 2 little DD's are just as anxious as I am waiting, DH is driving me nuts too...lol. Good luck to you, hopefully we won't have to wait much longer, I mean really it's the 17th already!!!! Happy St.Patty's Day!
39w4d......3days to go!!!
#3 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 04:24 PM

Yep. I'm due on the 21st, but dd came at 39w4d, and I went into labor at 39w3d... so in about eight hours, I'm going to start thinking of this baby as officially 'late.' I really was not mentally prepared for this, and I'm in SUCH a bad place, mentally.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#4 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 04:26 PM

I'm here too, and I probably will be for a while. I'm not due 'til the 23rd and my babies were born 3 weeks and 10 days past their due dates, respectively. So, I'm not even expecting to go into labor until the last week of March at the earliest. I could be an April Mama too!

I did have an internal exam today, and am fully effaced, 2 cm dilated, and the babies head is right in there! So conditions are great once things start rolling!

This is likely to be my last pregnancy, so I'm trying to enjoy the remainder of my time. I probably won't ever do this again, so I'm savoring it!

Good thing I'm still feeling great! It would be a lot harder to keep up this attitude if I was feeling crappy!

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#5 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Count me in -- my EDD is the 21st, but my first dd was born at 38weeks and 6 days, so I figured this baby would be early too. In addition, labor with dd #1 was sudden and obvious...menstrual-type cramps every 20 minutes for 2 hours, then my water broke and I had a fast labor. With this pregnancy, I've had menstrual-type cramps off and on every day for the past 2 weeks!! I keep swearing I'm about to go into labor (usually at night), only to have nothing happen.

I'm feeling sorry for myself too.

Hang in there!
#6 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

I guess misery loves company.

I was convinced labor was impending. My contractions have gotten closer together and I woke up in the middle of the night and immediately started to clean.

Don't laugh - I was worried that my friend who was coming over to take care of DS would be horrified to find out that I hadn't done the dishes. I not only did the dishes - I did laundry, reorganized the bookshelves, did paperwork, cleaned the downstairs bathroom, and finished our taxes. I would have vacuumed and cleaned the upstairs bathroom, but I was afraid DH would be annoyed if I woke him up (or at least think I was crazy).

You might think I was nesting, but I periodically do things like this. Unfortunately, it was probably just me being me. No baby yet anyway.
#7 of 29 Old 03-18-2005, 12:08 AM

Yep, STILL waiting. I've said before...ds was born at 38w0d so, I was mentally done over a week ago. I am now 39w1d. I just didn't think I'd still be pregnant. I want this baby here already. I just feel like I am sitting around waiting for something to happen. I do not have the patience or stamina to chase around my 2.5 year old anymore.

I have a mw appt. tomorrow morning. I hope she can help me with this excrutiating one-sided back pain. I suspect the back of babe's head is pressing there and things will get started as soon as this one can rotate to a more favorable position...does this sound plausible? Any suggestions for getting this one rotated into an optimal position? TIA.
#8 of 29 Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 AM

Still here too. I am not due until the 23rd and each pg has gotten a bit longer so I am totally expecting an April baby. Doesn't make the wait any easier tho.

Mamadaisy--Go see a chiropractor and ask for the Webster technique. That will really help move that babe!
#9 of 29 Old 03-18-2005, 11:00 AM

Yep, here I sit,twiddling my thumbs, just waiting. I'm due next week ...but I'm very ready NOW!
#10 of 29 Old 03-18-2005, 03:09 PM

Still here! Also not due till next week. I wouldn't mind going into April but my mom will be here next week (staying about a week) and I'd really like baby to arrive around the same time she does!

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#11 of 29 Old 03-18-2005, 03:14 PM

I'm still waiting too! I'm okay with it though. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was ALL wound up, this time I feel like a different person.

Opinionated Mama to dd 2/23/03, ds 3/20/05 hbac, dd 1/23/08 2hbac, and baby #4 due in June 2010!
#12 of 29 Old 03-19-2005, 11:05 AM

Warning: pity party in progress

I'm still here, too. EDD was Wednesday. I really thought this baby would be here either weds or thurs. Woke up thurs with regular cx, but they stopped after an hour. Now, I'm just sitting and waiting. My mom is here until Monday, then she flies back to Fla and I won't see her again probably until July, if then. I want this baby to come while she is here. Had LOTS of cx last night and was vaguely nauseous, so I was thinking maybe last night, but here I am still this morning.

This baby likes to torture me ALREADY and she isn't even born yet!

Okay, pity party over.

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#13 of 29 Old 03-19-2005, 01:18 PM

*hugs* Melissa .Sending you labor vibes!
#14 of 29 Old 03-19-2005, 01:26 PM

I am STILL HERE TOO! My EDD was March 10th and here it is the 19th. I think I might just freak out. Then I think, "oh maybe I'll just be pregnant forever." I have gone through every emotion available--please come baby!!!
#15 of 29 Old 03-19-2005, 02:41 PM

Me too! I'm still waiting!!
My EDD is today, but I guess it's not gonna happen today..
#16 of 29 Old 03-19-2005, 04:42 PM

I have officially given up thinking I'm going to actually have this baby. Guess you could call me impatient, since my due date is on Monday, so it's not as though I'm overdue or anything. Just tired of waiting, and tired of thinking "today might be the day!" only to have it not be.

I'm basically just a big cranky ornery moody mess, and will probably stay that way until I actually go into labor.
#17 of 29 Old 03-21-2005, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still, still waiting. I swear if I have to answer the question "when are you going to have this baby?" one more time, someone's going to get a pen in the eye.
#18 of 29 Old 03-21-2005, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm3247
I'm still, still waiting. I swear if I have to answer the question "when are you going to have this baby?" one more time, someone's going to get a pen in the eye.

:LOL :LOL :LOL
#19 of 29 Old 03-21-2005, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm3247
Hey, that's pretty mild!

I made dh preemptively call or email his parents today. I told him that unless he wanted to see how 'not pretty' the results would be when they called or emailed me (since today is the 'official' due date), he ought to head them off.

Have already gotten two 'checking in' IMs from him, one phone call from my mom, and an email from a friend...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#20 of 29 Old 03-21-2005, 10:39 PM

I got so mad that people kept calling that now I am calling them.

Really just my parents and a couple of close friends. Everyone else just gets ignored if I recognize the name on the caller ID. Not very polite but it's starting to get stressful. People all around me are pushing for induction. It makes me so mad!
#21 of 29 Old 03-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Oh, don't feel bad about ignoring people on callerID--I do it all the time! :LOL The phone is there for our convenience-we're not obligated to pick it up! Especially if you know that the call will be aggravating. I haven't had too many people calling around here, but I have gone as far as not returning phone messages from people asking about the baby...feels rude, but I just don't want to talk to them about it!

My in-laws think that it's funny to joke with dh EVERY TIME he calls that they don't want to hear from him if we haven't had the baby yet....doesn't bother him at all, but it really irks me, somehow. I know they're joking and are just excited, but I just don't find the tone of "we don't care about you, we only care about the baby" very funny right now....probably just hormones talking.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#22 of 29 Old 03-21-2005, 11:33 PM

I'm tired of the "how do you feel?" question every 10 minutes from my family. Which is really wenchy of me -- I know they're only asking because they genuinely care and they genuinely want to help. But each time they ask, I want to yell, "I feel pretty damn pregnant" and throw something. :

I admit, I am completely hormonal and want to hole up in the bedroom, watch stupid TV, and cry all day long. The REALLY awful thing is that if they were NOT asking me how I felt, I'd be upset that they didn't seem to care.

On top of this, I have to inject myself with heparin (a blood thinner to prevent clots...I had a nasty clot during my first pregnancy) twice a day, and I'm supposed to stop or delay a shot if I think I might be in early labor. Well, I've been feeling like I'm in early labor each day for the past 2 weeks...so I figure I will just go ahead and take each shot no matter WHAT I feel like, it's better to risk losing too much blood and needing a transfusion than risk getting an undetectable blood clot and a pulmonary embolism. Arg.

And then I feel guilty for being so grumpy. I am genuinely thankful that I am about to have another baby, and I'm really excited about that and happy.

Hormones, hormones...moods are up, down, all around...
#23 of 29 Old 03-22-2005, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

I'm tired of the "how are you feeling" question - but I have been for about 6 months now. I generally respond with "I'm fine, how are YOU feeling?" It usually shuts them up. The frustrating thing for me is that no one seems to be able to talk to me about anything BUT the pregnancy. On the other hand, it's the only thing I think about any more. I've been really trying to be a good sport and just go on with life, but I have definitely been a grump.

Well, hang in there. It CAN'T be that much longer, right?
#24 of 29 Old 03-23-2005, 10:06 AM

Well, looks like there may actually be progress...contractions every 15 minutes for the last 5 hours, with bloody show. I could still give birth 3 days from now instead of today...but hopefully it will be today!

Throwing some birth dust to everyone out there!
Trish
#25 of 29 Old 03-23-2005, 08:11 PM

My EDD is March 28. Maybe I should have just gone for the April group from the get go. My only babe so far came 15 days later than his EDD. I have some hope of not being so late, because I was never sure about my dates. This time I was sick from the date of conception - :LOL
I'm having another boy and I cannot begin to relate to how that alone could be unhappy for my Mom and her clan (I'm so blessed what is thier problem!). They've been buying girl things since our wedding ('92)!
Add that I'm planning an HBAC and cannot tell them, for fear of them showing up and expecting ringside seats. And the almost daily calls of "how do you feel today?".
I have an OB (who I've ducked out of for my 38 & 39 week appt.s) and a midwife (ditto) because I know they just cannot tell me anything new - besides hurry up.
Maybe the baby would come if I could stop dealing with yucky relative stuff? Maybe I'm just overly hormonal and it means the baby is coming? I've certainly wanted to put a pen in several people's eyes lately too, followed shortly by severe pity parties.
I'm so at the point: "everything is a sign, nothing is a sign". I'm sure you all know what I mean.
I wish you all (me too) safe and sound labour and deliveries. You are all such a strong arm of support and love.
Thank you!
#26 of 29 Old 03-23-2005, 08:22 PM

lofbethany--Ahem uh yep, the everything is a sign nothing is a sign is going on right now with me. Today is my due date, we are having a major winter storm (sigh, I am so tired of snow) and tommorow is the full moon. Now one might think between the storm and the full moon I would go into labor but I betchya all these "signs" are just a big fat tease!

I am so so so emotional right now. Yesterday I cried for no reason, I went off on my oldest son, I swear I am about to have a total emotional and mental breakdown.
#27 of 29 Old 03-24-2005, 03:02 PM

OMG Aquarianmom! You were due the 8th?
If you have not had your baby yet, here are some labor vibes your way
Come on baby! Your mom wants to meet you
#28 of 29 Old 03-24-2005, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so exhausted I cry at everything. I was upset this morning - I realized that since today is DH's birthday - if I don't go into labor I'm going to have to cook dinner! I'm being a huge baby about everything. Every day when I go into work, they look at me and say "I thought today was your day!" They're nice about it, but I'm tired of the attention.

I tried to duck out of my Dr appt. this week - I didn't want to deal with it and lucky for me, her surly office staff said she was full and wouldn't make an appt. Unfortunately, the nurse called today and said they made an opening at 12:30.
#29 of 29 Old 03-24-2005, 04:29 PM

Sending labor vibes to Aquarianmom!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page