Introducing Sarah Constance! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-24-2005, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haven't had time to get on the computer, or I would have posted this sooner. Sarah arrived on March 20 at 3:50 pm. 8lbs, 4oz and 21.5 inches long. I wish someone could explain to me HOW exactly a baby that big was doing backflips in my belly a week before birth!!

Birth was interesting. Was in early labor sat evening, went to bed, then woke up at 1:20 am when my water broke. It had meconium in it, so the MW had me go into the hospital. Cx at this point were 5 min apart, so I called my support people to meet me at the hospital. When checked I was 3 cm dialated, but aby was still high. After a rest at 5am cx started to slow down, so I got in the shower. That brought me back to every 5 minutes, where I stayed until 11am, when they started to slow down AGAIN!

Another trip to the shower got things really rolling. By 12 noon I was in active labor and really feeling it. This birth was a lot more intense than my first, (and boy was I yelling), and yet had a lot of things in common. Both times, I started pushing before being fully dialated. This time my MW let mr do what I felt I needed, telling me the whole time that my body knew what it was doing, and that I should trust it. So push I did. She did end up having to help it along, pushing my cervix out of the way while I was pushing. That really isn't any fun, may I just say? But, she really was wonderful, telling me the whole time that she was trying to help me out. And it did help really.

Finally the cervix was out of the way, and 10 MINUTES LATER I delivered my baby over an intact perineum, thanks to a zealous midwife (I am now officially in love with this woman, as if I wasn't before ). Though I tell you what, waiting for the cx to push the baby out instead of pushing yourself BURNS something awful!!! But it's so worth it. I tore so badly with my first; even the MW mentioned it after the birth ("That's quite a scar you have from your first baby. I saw it.") that I can't believe how much easier the recovery has been this time around.

Anyway, Sarah was put on my chest immediately after her birth and I got to hold her for her first hour of life. There is nothing to compare with that feeling. I didn't hold dd#1 until she was 45 minutes old due to the tearing and other issues, and I can honestly say that bonding with this baby was quicker and easier as a result of that first hour.

She came out just like her sister, perfect head shape, some mild scratches on her face. She is just beautiful. Her picture is here , just enter mtry1976 when asked for a code, and make sure that you allow pop-ups. I link in some more pictures later, when I have the time.

-Melissa

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-25-2005, 11:05 AM

Congratulations! She is a cutie!
#3 of 8 Old 03-25-2005, 11:31 AM

congrats, she is gorgeous
#4 of 8 Old 03-25-2005, 01:33 PM

well done, mama, and am so glad you got that uninterrupted bonding time
#5 of 8 Old 03-25-2005, 06:40 PM

Congratulations! She is adorable.

Dee, mama to Robin , Wren , Finch and baby Lark born 12/27!
#6 of 8 Old 03-25-2005, 11:10 PM

Congratulations!
#7 of 8 Old 03-26-2005, 04:48 PM

Congrats!!! I know how it is pushing cervix out of the way! Well done mama!!!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#8 of 8 Old 03-26-2005, 06:47 PM

Congratulations!!! She has adorable rosy cheeks.

Oye Yemaya oloto

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page