Get-to-know-you thread! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2004, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
(Edited for preggo brain typos)
:LOL I so have preggo brain already! I am trying to put together a talk about natural cleaning/hygiene for the FNL meeting next week. I can't keep the info straight in my poor brain, it's going to take a LOOOOONG time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 AM

My name is tara, I am mama to 2 beautiful, rambuctious, silly girls, who are the whole reason I live day to day and melt my heart in more ways than one ! We had been TTC since Makenna turned 1(july03) and in March 04 i got pregnant but m/c shortly after in April.
Now I am happy to report I am pregnant again, and all around I have a better feeling about it. I am due April 23 and I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:28 PM

My name is Michelle. I'm so glad to see others who are nervous to actually put in writing that they are pregnant!! It still seems so new I'm due around the middle of April. I'm pretty surprised to be preg so quick. We were going to start "trying" this month. Well, I must have O a bit late or early (hadn't started charting yet), b/c two little pink lines showed up!
Anyway, we have one amazing little guy who just turned two last month. He is so excited about babies right now, so I hope that is still the case in April.
Just wanted to say hello and that I am happy to be here!!
oh, BTW just wanted to add that I am right there with those of you that have posted that nursing a toddler while pg is a big ouchie!!
--Michelle
Old 08-21-2004, 03:15 PM

Hey mamas! I'm Julie. I'm mama to Savannah (5/23/03) and we're expecting #2 at the end of April. So far I'm feeling good. Can't wait to grow and grow!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:13 PM

I'm also nervous about posting and hoping not to get caught....since I haven't told my IRL friends yet, but

I'm Angie, 34, mama to Finn (6/15/01) and due with a little grain of rice (that's how big the babe is right now) at the end of April (the 23rd I think?)....

I've been thinking I was pregnant since implantation, 2 weeks ago, but was trying to hold off on testing. Then the morning, dh was supposed to leave for a 5-day conference, I woke him early to head to the drugstore so that I could catch the first morning pee and it was clear as day.

I'm feeling tired and am actually looking forward to more signs of pregnancy (nausea and nipple tenderness) so that it can feel more real... crazy, huh?

now someone else post after me super-quick so that I can stay under cover...

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)
Old 08-23-2004, 05:36 PM

now that the cat's out of the bag.................

we are pg again i haven't even called yet to have it confirmed but i have had 3 positive tests. i have been suffering from major all day sickness. i am bloated to high heaven, and NONE of my shorts are fitting right, uggh. i think we are due april 12th or so, but both of my girls were born early.

i look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:19 AM

Wow! There are lots of mammas on the April board already. I can't wait to get to know everyone.

I am Naomi, SAHM to Grace 4/03, and married to the man of my dreams (really!) John.......who is driving me batty right now. :LOL Must be preggo stuff. I just found out last week when the hurricane rolled through our house here in central FLA that we are expecting 4/19/05. What a crazy week, but we are so excited.

Glad to hear that there are other mammas struggling with the coffee. ARGH! Sitting at the computer without chugging coffee is KILLING me.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 PM

Just found out this morning
I had a dream last night that I went to the Dr and they told me I was pregnant.

I did have an appointment this morning to talk about birth control. When I got there I had them do a test b/c of my dream. I knew it was possible, but not probable. On july 19th I had a perforated IUD removed from my uterine wall.

I practically fell off the table when the nurse came back in and said I really am pregnant!

I am Nina. I am 31 and have been married for almost 4 years. I am a part time sign language interpreter at the local community college. My DH is currently a student. He is done in December and was going to go for more, but now he isn't.... I can't work with three! Now it is his turn to work

This is baby number 3!
DD will be three on the 8th of Sept, and DS just turned one.
DS still exclusively breastfeeds and has been really grumpy and hungry the past 5 days. I was getting really worried, but now I ahve an explanation. Still not sure waht to do about it though.
DD was born 8 weeks early due to my incompetent cervix and so no midwife will touch me with a ten foot pole
DS however stuck in there until 42 weeks, 6 weeks after my cerclage was taken out... so I don't know what to think!

Well.. I am getting chatting. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:04 PM

Hi I'm Serenity. I will be 22 on Wednesday. This is our third baby. DH and I have been married for 4 years this October. DD just turned 3 and ds is 16 months. According to the online calander I lloked at this morning I am due April 16, the same day I was due with ds. He was born the 15th. We are planning to deliver at the same freestanding birth center ds was born at. Had dd in the hospital, had a horrific experience and almost died. Hope to never deliver in a hospital again. I am excited to be here, but a bit nervous. I just miscarried 7 weeks ago an was certainly not planning to be pregnant so soon, but it happened. We are happy though. Can't wait to get to know all of you more.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Old 08-30-2004, 01:44 PM

Hi All, I'm Andrea. I've posted on a few other threads already, but haven't had time to read much on the board so I just finally got to this thread. Nice to have so much good company due in April. I'm due April 9, but since I'm expecting more than one I'm guessing that'll be moved up a week or so. I feel like quite the old fart of the group at 41. Wish I had done this earlier, but life doesn't always allow us these options. As such, I had to do donor egg/donor sperm IVF since I went through menopause early (about 2 year ago).

Right now I'm on slow-season layoff from work so I only work when needed (someone has jury duty, sick, etc.) and a few hours every few weeks to keep my books up to date. Going through a government inspection right now (ATF, I work at a shooting range) so even though the last place I want to be is at work I've been going in when the inspectors are there to keep us on track. Not sure how much I'll be able to work as the PG progresses. My VA pension (I'm a disabled vet) pays the bills but working PT helps with the little emergencies (namely vet bills and such for my 2 senior citizen, medically-challenged Mastiffs).

Looking forward to comparing notes with everyone on the list as we all move towards the finish line.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 PM

Hello Everyone! My name is Jessi and I just turned 23 and found out we're expecting our 3rd and 4th on April 10th. My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 years. We have two sons, one who just turned 3 and one who is almost 22 months. We had tried for 15 months to get pregnant and I had gained 20 pounds being depressed about it...but it has all worked out perfectly and in our best interests. We're very excited!

More info...both of our sons were born at home in water with my husband receiving. We have a pair of fabulous MWs we adore who have agreed to do a homebirth with us this time also. I am a Prenatal Massage Therapist and HypnoBirthing instructor and plan on getting my Massage Doula certificate next year. We cloth diaper, don't vaccinate, don't circumcise, extended breastfeed, and will be homeschooling.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here! Congrats to everyone else expecting!

Jessi

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:58 PM

Wow, that's great that your MWs agreed to attend for twins! Twin homebirth stories are some of the most beautiful, I think. Congrats and welcome!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:38 AM

Just realize I have not done a "real" introduction yet! My name is Susan and I'm an old fart too, turning 41 in November. I'm due on 4/22 as best I can calculate! Married for 4.5 years to my wonderful husband, we got married on New Year's Day 2000 - what a great way to start the next 100 years!!!

We decided to start trying this year, so I went off the pill last November and we were going to try to wait until about now, but got pregnant quicker than we thought! But in April I had a m/c at about 8 weeks, so I am anxious to get beyond that point this time ...just one more week to go!

esqueue, just read your post, we have two mastiffs also! Our girls are 7 1/2 and 6 years old and are just wonderful. Their names are Zonker and Tuna and we adore them. I know they are going to be wonderful with the kiddo...I wish you the best with your mastiffs, it can be challenging taking care of a doggie that weighs more than a lot of people do!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 AM

Congrats on the twins!

Old 09-02-2004, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream
Wow, that's great that your MWs agreed to attend for twins! Twin homebirth stories are some of the most beautiful, I think. Congrats and welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren
Congrats on the twins!
Thanks! Yes, we will be their first true twin homebirth. They had a twin birth where one was born at home and the other at the hospital. They refuse all other twin pregnancies so I am feeling very special. They know how easily I birth and have attended two of our homebirths already. That's the only reason they are taking us on. I am so excited to birth these two at home. It will be my biggest accomplishment I think.

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:23 PM

hi! new to this board but not to mdc..i wanted to wait and post after i had an ok u/s ( i had a m/c in june)! i am due with my second april 26. my dd is 14 mo old and will be 22 mo if this babe is full term (she wasn't- she was born at 32 wks- water broke early). i am 36.. let's see... oh i had a m/c in 2001, then 2 yrs of infertility and treatments and 2 rounds of ivf when i finally conceived my dd.. now i have gotten pg on my own twice in the last 5 months! weird! we moved to charleston when i was pg with abby so maybe something in the salt air?? who cares- i am thrilled not to have to do ivf again.
as i get further along i am going to decide whether to vbac or not will prob post a separate thread about it... abby was breech and i had a low vertical uterine incision... so i don't know. also whether this is our last or not... i don't know that either. so many things to think about!
not to mention how i am going to handle a 22 mo old and newborn? i know it can be done
nice to meet y'all!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:27 PM

Hi Angela! As I read your post I realised I never posted an update. I am pregnant! We're due just a week apart!

Old 09-16-2004, 06:36 PM

hi serenity! i saw that! in fact i thought i sent you a pm so you might want to check your inbox! i am so thrilled for you! how is everything going so far? when did you get a positive test? congratulations!!
btw i had a normal u/s and heartrate last week so apparently rate of m/c after that is about 3.2% so i felt i could finally join this board!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:47 PM

Hi Angela, nope no pm, but maybe I read it awhile ago and forgot. Wouldn't surprise me. That's great about the heartbeat! I still haven't gone to the midwife, waiting for some medical coverage, but I have talked to her a few times and she said there was little risk of a repeat, even being so close. So, we're praying really hard!

Old 09-16-2004, 08:22 PM

I'm 32, due with #4. I have DS 7, DD 5, and DS 2. I am planning my third homebirth.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:57 PM

i'm jenny and im 22, from columbus, ohio and i'm pregnant with my first baby. My husband and i have been married for two 1/2 years and we're excited to be parents. i'm also a christian and plan on using cloth diapers

User Tag List