SHHHHH...... Don't tell anybody i am here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-02-2004, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I got a BFP on saturday. We were not trying, but were not doing anything to prevent. I am still nursing dd#2 (who is 1 today!) and have had 1 very light AF and one fairly normal, but were 42 days apart. I did not think I would get prego this fast. DH is so excited. He really wanted another one this soon, I was hoping it would take about 6 months, but am very excited. We are not telling anybody for a while. We told failry early with both our girls, so we are hoping to keep this to ourselves for a while if we can.

TTYL

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#2 of 9 Old 08-02-2004, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: and ! Can't wait to find out how long you can keep it in!
#3 of 9 Old 08-02-2004, 04:17 PM

Hi and welcome! Good luck keeping the secret--I am horrible at it!!

Stacy-- Wife to my DH, mom to three: noodle girl:, Lego boy , little guy :
#4 of 9 Old 08-02-2004, 04:24 PM

Hello and welcome! I LOVE secrets -- i'm just not any good at keeping them.
#5 of 9 Old 08-03-2004, 12:23 PM

SOOOOOO nice to see someone with a baby the EXACT (okay a day apart) age as my dd Grace! My dh wants me to wait to tell and I'm going CRAAAAAZZZZZYYY!!! But, just get on here and blab to us. That's how I get my fix

Gina

Mama to Grace (8/1/03), Landon (4/7/05) and.......1sttri.gif

intactlact.gif hbac.gif

#6 of 9 Old 08-03-2004, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

I made it through Gen's first bithday party (just family) last night without telling. Dh really wanted to, but I want to wait untill my dr appt on hte 16th. I did tell my best friend, who is due with her 2nd at the end of December.

gracesmom - It will be so neat to have 2 babies the same age! Did you plan the second one, or are you still in shock? I am definatly in shock, but excited!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#7 of 9 Old 08-04-2004, 09:43 AM

Planned DH is afraid of dying of old age before all of our kids hit college. He's only 34 ! Soooo.....hopefully there will be a little bit of time between our next 2.
I got my 1st AF when Grace was 4 months old (WHILE EXCLUSIVELY BFING UNTIL SHE WAS 10 MONTHS!!!!!) Doesn't that suck
I definitely want to keep in touch and we can compare notes!

Gina

Mama to Grace (8/1/03), Landon (4/7/05) and.......1sttri.gif

intactlact.gif hbac.gif

#8 of 9 Old 08-04-2004, 11:47 AM

Jessmcg, congrats!

Just wanted to say that I'm a Genevieve too. Growing up, I always liked my name. When I was little, I was a 'Genny'. Now that I'm older, I go by Gen.

When I was in french class in high school, we got to pick french names to have in class. I didn't have to choose a different name, cause Genevieve is already french and sounds so cool in french.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. I hope your daughter likes her name. Oh, and if you're looking for another girl name for the new baby, I'm a fraternal twin and my sister's name was Catherine. We were Katie and Genny. Now we're Kate and Gen.

Good luck with your pregnancy.
#9 of 9 Old 08-13-2004, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, just checking in.

I have broken down and told my best friend and my mom. My mom told me this weekend that she had a dream I was pregnant with twin boys (as did I 2 weeks ago - really scary), after she told me this, I had to tell her I was pregnant. She and I both have this weird sometimes physic thing with dreams, so I hope it is not true, but dh has taken to calling the baby peanut and crackerjack now.

Marysmama - It is cool to meet another Genevieve, we have only met a few. She was named after dh's great-grandma (her middle name is Johanna, my great grandma). I love the way is sounds in French! I am afraid we will have to pass on the name advice. Dh and I both have sisters that go by Kate and Kait (they are actually Mary Catherine and Kaitlin), and I think that is confusing enough, thanks though .

We call our Genevieve Gen or ViVi. We have a weird lady that lives by us named Ginney - so we are avoiding that.

I have an ultrasound to check for dates on Monday, so we will now how many babies are in here for sure then!

Talk to you all later,

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page