Drake
Berek
Cian
Sawyer
August
Talen
Ocean
Sebastian
Lyric (we're in love with this name, but we've been told it is far to feminine for a boy...)
#2 of 15 Old 08-15-2004, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All I know so far is this one's gotta have an earth, air name ... will be an earth sign. Sahara is a water sign and has a fire, water name .... I'm wanting elemental balance. LOL I'm a geek too.

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

#3 of 15 Old 08-16-2004, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Sahara is a beautiful name! I love it. I think balancing her elements is a great approach!

I have to say the most beautiful "earth" name I've ever heard is Zola I just love that name!
#4 of 15 Old 08-16-2004, 07:26 AM

You're not the only one! We've been thinking about names for #2 since DD was born!

For a girl, DH wants Moira. I want Paloma, I think.

For a boy, DH wants James (after my dad, which is sweet). I don't know what I want! Boy names are hard!

I like the names you've picked so far, Rainbow, and the philosophy you have behind names, Saharamama!

Well, DH and I have a long time left to argue about this!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#5 of 15 Old 08-16-2004, 09:58 AM

I love names! We've decided on a boy's name, but I'm too superstitious to write it. But girls? Completely, completely stuck. Which is funny because we were in the opposite situation when we had dd-- knew a girl's name, but if we had a boy, the poor thing would probably still just be Baby Boy Ourlastname. I keep telling myself that we have nine months to come up with something, but it seems so unlikely... I guess we can just hope this one's a boy!
#6 of 15 Old 08-23-2004, 12:14 AM

We've already picked out names - i thought we the only goofy ones!!! Fortunately my husband and I agree on most everything - furniture, paint, and baby names! He's a keeper

Hannah for a girl (just cause we like it) and Simon for a boy (DH's grandfather's name and we both like it a lot too)
#7 of 15 Old 08-23-2004, 09:21 AM

Oh, I'm there with y'all! I'm already circling names in a name book . Some great ones on this thread, btw!!!

My favorites right now:
boy--- Alden Thomas
girl--- Cora Eiliyah

DH likes Alden but has something against Cora---which totally bums me out. I am in complete love with that name!
#8 of 15 Old 08-23-2004, 11:44 AM

I'm right there with you all. At one point I challenged myself to come up with at least one name for every letter of the alphabet, boy & girl. I haven't gotten very far! We have a boy name, have for quite a while. And what's weird is that it's not one of the three we were considering with #1! (although Simon was, speedknitter!) Haven't decided on the middle name with that one, but it will be some family name or other...

As for girls...having a harder time. There are soooo many great names out there. mrzmeg : love Cora! speedknitter : my niece is Hannah, such a sweet name. mizelenius : moira has been on my list ever since I first saw Hook! And Zola? that's super cool.

Rainbow : I like Drake, Sawyer and no, I don't think Lyric is too girlie!

Have you all ever gone to www.kabalarians.com to check out names? It's fun! They have like 300,000 names w/meanings!
#9 of 15 Old 08-23-2004, 02:38 PM

For #1, we decided to choose between Chiara and Cassia for a girl. Now, DH wants a family name. Welthy doesn't cut it, so unless it may be Hannah for a girl (not that this is a consolation name -- but I think it's the only one we really have to choose from). I also like the name Rohn for a boy or girl. I think we're going to wait for serious debating until we find out the sex.
#10 of 15 Old 08-23-2004, 03:02 PM

My partner is the big name geek more than me She is always reading birth notices (and even obits!) in the paper looking for names. We have two ideas that we both like for a boy and a girl (we have had a lot of time to think about this already, having been pg twice before).
Boy: James Campbell (both family names)
Girl: Anwen Nancarrow (could be An or Annie for short).
But we like lots of other girls names too... Emma-Kate, Rebecca, Maeve.... we are desperate to avoid being too trendy, but also want a nice simple name that won't incite teasing or spelling trouble!

fun thread! Can't wait to check out the link, Wackadoo!
#11 of 15 Old 08-31-2004, 11:22 PM

We have been thinking about names forever. With both of our children we have picked out different names for boys and girls. When I was preg with my ds I didn't like the boys name I had picked out for dd. Now I don't like the girls name I had picked out for ds. Well, I still like them, but not as much.

Boy will be Noah Calvin. Ds was almost Noah and Calvin for dh's brother we are both very close to.

Girl I wanted Madalyn, but dh doesn't hink he likes it. Grrr.... I don't have a clue now.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#12 of 15 Old 08-31-2004, 11:58 PM

After reading these replies . . .I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as an uncommon name. I'll think of one or hear one, and then soon after will meet someone else with the same name! I thought Cora was unusual (was on my list before, too) and now I see it often. And Moira was in Hook? Geeze! It's not even on the top 1000 names on the Social Security site!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#13 of 15 Old 09-01-2004, 01:07 PM

So I was talking ot my grandma last night and she wants a great grandbabu named after her, Marrianne. Well, that name doesn't grab me. As I was talking to her it kinda hit me, what about Marrileigh? Not like merrily, but prounced Mary-Lee, all one syllable. Marri after her and after dh's middle name Lee. How about Marrileigh Grace. Any thoughts?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#14 of 15 Old 09-13-2004, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We are obsessing,too. We only use family names and seem to have used the "best" ones on our previous children. I'm sure I will figure it out eventually.
Tips for picking names.
Don't choose anything too popular.
Check the initials for any bad spelling.
Don't "mispell" your kid's name.They won't thank you.
Make sure it "flows" with your surname.

Good Luck!
#15 of 15 Old 09-13-2004, 02:45 PM

Surprisingly, it looks like we just decided on our girl's name and it is not the name we have had picked out for so long. Now boy's names - that looks so much harder.

ETA - it's a beautiful family name with a nickname that has a lot to do with me as a kid, but I just don't want to say right now what it is.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page