Anyone else doing hypnobabies? Have you done it before? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-17-2004, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else doing the hypnobabies program? I just got mine in the mail and planning to start it. Anyone else done it and want to share their experience? Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 08-17-2004, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I tried doing it with dd #1. I think I only got to the third CD. I could never find the time, so I don't think it did anything for me. I've heard great things about hypno therapy and birth, my mom saw a hypnotist when she had my brother and she said it made things so much easier.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#3 of 5 Old 08-17-2004, 04:47 PM

I'm fromover in Jan/05, so I hope you don't mind me posting, but the thread showed up in 'new threads', so I came over. Perhaps we should have a thread in 'Pregnancy" for anyone who's doing it, regardless of edd...
#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2004, 07:06 PM

Wherever this thread ends up, I would love to hear as much as possible about this! This is our first baby and I'm just starting to explore hospital vs. homebirth options and I know if we end up going with the hospital I will want to use this. I saw "A Baby Story" a while ago where the couple used hypnobirthing (I'm guessing it's similar to, if not the same as, Hypnobabies?) and it seemed to work really well.

My main questions is- Is it okay to do as a self-study course or better with an instructor? And how would I go about finding an instructor?

Goodcents, let us know what you think and I look forward to hearing from others too!
#5 of 5 Old 08-17-2004, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Hypnobabies is a form of hypnobirthing - sort of like two different types of cheeses - but in the end they are both cheese :LOL.

I am more into homestudy at this point. I work just over 20 hrs/week, go to college, plus am becoming a certified tax preparer (oh did I forget a wife, mommy and human being too?! silly me!). So as you can see, at the moment I can't think of committing to a class. The cds you can listen to before bed, which i like since my deep sleeping pattern has never resumed post baby.

I listened for the first time during my afternoon nap today. I am a person who finds it really hard to meditate, I get all figidity and stuff. Today, surprising I did find myself as points feeling very "warm and fuzzy".

I think I am going to take Pam & Abigails suggestion and post this in the general forum. It would be cool to get a weekly thread going or something. And I do think MaryLang is right - you get out of what you put it. My first birth I never practiced the excercises from breathing or Birthing From Within and it is one of my biggest regrets.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page