blood pressure high? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2004, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello everyone. i had my first ob appointment yesterday and my blood pressure was high -- 120/94. what's weird about this is a couple of things. one, at my annual check-up a month ago it was 114/70. the entire time i was pregnant with dd it was 112/80 every single time they checked it. i exercise, eat relatively well, and don't have blood pressure problems in general.

this was a new doctor i was meeting for the first time yesterday. i wonder if that had something to do with it? she told me not to get excited about it, but that they'd want to see it lower next time i go in (mid sept). i'm 7.5 weeks along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2004, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2 questions. 1. are you over weight? 2. are you underweight, with a really high high metabolism hard to gain weight, cold, etc? ok 3 questions......... 3. do you get really nervous about being in a Dr's office?

1. sometimes when over weight just being pg increases your bp due to the increase in work your heart has to do
2. if you are really thin and have trouble gaining, etc. you might have a thyroid problem. sometimes you don't know till you are pg and the first symptom is high BP starting at the beginning of your pregnancy
3. many people get "white coat" high BP. your bp goes up just walking into a dr's office. i know mine often did that with my first pregnancy. i had to do breathing exercises to relax and calm down.

the top number is fine, but the 94 is high. i'd try to concentrate on staying calm etc. don't work out right before an appt, don't show up late running. perhaps go by yourself, without your DD, if she was with your last time. if it's still high your OB will talk to you about it.

User Tag List