Confession Time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 09-28-2004, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay mamas, fess up, what wacky things have the hormones made you do?

Are you ready for this...

I made FISH STICKS for dinner tonight! The real breaded, mystery-fish inside kind. I was craving tartar sauce. I haven't made or eaten fish sticks in my entire adult life. And they were terrific
#2 of 37 Old 09-28-2004, 10:49 AM

I love it! I've had fish sticks too!!
A few weeks ago I went out and spent about $100 on frozen food as I couldn't bear the thought of cooking. Fish sticks AND hashbrowns! mmmm

And then I talked to my mom and she told me that she fed ME fishsticks all the time when she was pregnant with my sister!! :LOL so it seemed very appropriate
#3 of 37 Old 09-28-2004, 11:12 AM

oh man. fish sticks sound gooooooooooood! it's only 9am! but i've already done all my grocery shopping for the week. shall i wait until next monday or make a special trip? hmmmmmm...

ok, here's my confession. a couple weeks ago i was dying for meat, something beefy like a roast or meatloaf. i bought a boston market frozen meatloaf meal while dd and i were at the grocery store. came home, put the groceries away, heated it up for lunch, and ate the whole thing. a bit later i decided to look at the box for the nutritional information. it had 880 calories!! i can't remember how many grams of fat, but it was 139% of my daily allowance of saturated fat! it was so yummy.
#4 of 37 Old 09-28-2004, 01:17 PM

I cooked a triple batch of chili back around 7 weeks lmp. It sounded sooooo good when I was buying all the ingredients and cooking it. I only ate 2-3 spoonfuls and haven't touched it since.

I'm sure there's more...but my pg brain is conveniently forgetting them!
#5 of 37 Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sometimes I drink a pepsi. Its the only thing that settles my stomach. And it seems to help with the headaches too.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#6 of 37 Old 09-30-2004, 05:51 PM

I'm drinking a Pepsi right now! I find the same thing...it's the only thing that settles my tummy. It also helps my and my dh's headaches too. You're not alone!
#7 of 37 Old 10-19-2004, 03:49 PM

wow. i am craving all the foods i had when i was a kid. my dh usually makes mac and cheese from scratch .. but i crave the kraft mac and cheese .. you know the flourescent orange one. my dh makes fun of me .. because usually we eat so well and this pregnancy all i want is the less healthy version of what we are eating!
also anytime anyone mentions a food, i have to go eat it. now that i have read your post about fish sticks .. i am thinking .. yum. and i have not had those since i was .. oh .. 10.
#8 of 37 Old 10-19-2004, 04:02 PM

for me it's been the things i can't stand that i normally loved. i am a diet coke, diet pepsi addict have been since college. i always started the day with one instead of drinking coffee. it's my biggest fault i think LOL. anyway, since being pg i have not been able to drink diet soda that often. i have always hated regular soda, too sweet, but now even the diet is too sweet. i also can't stand sugary or foods that have sugar in them. anything sweet leaves the worst taste in my mouth and i have to go brush my teeth right away. i'm definitely more interested in salty foods now.
#9 of 37 Old 10-19-2004, 04:07 PM

when I was pregnant I ate fried eggs and cheese every single morning my entire pregnancy.
I also **LOVED** home made hot chocolate with whole milk...mmmm.
#10 of 37 Old 10-20-2004, 01:54 AM

LOL

cheese wiz and celery sticks ...sudden craving for cheese wiz (and I despise processed cheese) ...ate the whole jar in two days UGH

...and on the hormonal end of things I had a seriously erotic dream the other morning where I actually felt like dh and I were ...ummm ...ya know ...and when I woke up and we weren't ... well... lets just say he didn't get to sleep in

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

#11 of 37 Old 10-20-2004, 02:03 PM

omg major confession LOL. i have been craving POTATO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i bought some today from the grocery store, the frozen kind and just ate a couple for lunch. man they hit the spot LOL. DH said we should make our own, anyone know how?

also, anyone know how to make that seven layer taco salad, that you can use as a dip for chips?
#12 of 37 Old 10-20-2004, 03:21 PM

Yum ...7 layer dip is one of my favorites

you'll need refried beans (I prefer black beans)
guacamole
sour cream
salsa (mild or medium ...unless of course you and everyone who'll be eating it like HOT)
tomatoes diced
black olives or diced green onions
shredded extra old cheddar cheese

sometimes I mix the guacamole and the salsa and use both the olives and green onions LOL ..that way I still have 7 layers but more ingredients

smooth your refried beans into a nice layer in the bottom of the dish ... cover in guacamole then sour cream (or whichever is thicker first) ... then a layer of salsa ...diced tomatoes ... olives or onions .. and last a thick layer of grated cheddar.

eat up!

#13 of 37 Old 10-20-2004, 05:48 PM

oh thanks!!!!! that sounds soooooo good. i think i'll make it tomorrow
#14 of 37 Old 10-21-2004, 12:57 PM

I had a half cup of coffee mixed with hot chocolate today.........
so good...so bad.... so needed in order to get some work done....
#15 of 37 Old 10-21-2004, 01:55 PM

I've eaten creamed chipped beef three nights in a row and this morning I woke up at 6 am to cook a frozen pizza.
#16 of 37 Old 10-21-2004, 02:37 PM

Ya'll are making me want fish sticks. Great. And I want some crab ragoon so bad. Guess our Anniversary dinner will be Chinese now. LOL I seriously doubt dh will mind, since I couldn't eat it for about 29-30 months. When I was pregnant with dd, I couldn't stand it, even after she was born, and while pregnant with ds. After he was born it was like magic, I could eat it again. Sure did miss it.

And I keep having sex dreams, all the time and not always about dh. And not about good looking people either. One was a friend from high school's dad. And one was a friend of my mom's who lives with them. So gross! Ugh!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#17 of 37 Old 10-21-2004, 08:39 PM

Salt bagel with cream cheese, especially the lox spread. I could eat them all day long...mmmmmmmm. Is that the kind of fish that is bad for you thought? That is my only worry. Also I had a huge gulp of Diet Pepsi on Saturday and it tasted so good. and I'm really craving spicy foods, and thank goodness it does not make me sick. Oh, and I almost forgot, those fruity drinks at Mexican restaurants...I'm having a cantelope juice right now!!!

I'm going to go make a frozen pizza now, thanks natashaccat!

I feel like I need to brush my teeth all the time too. Going in a few weeks for a cleaning with my dentist, that should help some.
#18 of 37 Old 10-21-2004, 11:48 PM

I am craving a lot of tomato soup. Yum! Oddly (VERY oddly since I am a chocoholic) I don't crave sweets at all. I just want YOGURT. (And soup. Gotta have the soup.)

I also have my usual non-PG cravings (pizza, Thai food, etc.) but it seems like my family gives into them more now that I'm PG. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#19 of 37 Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 AM

generally I'm not wanting as much sugar or sweet foods either, which is great! and a big change for me....
I've been trying to follow the brewer diet as much as possible and I mostly just feel overwhelmed by the amt of food I need to try and eat! I think smoothies might be a good solution....
but those fruit juices sound dee-lish! as does the thai food!
#20 of 37 Old 10-22-2004, 11:25 AM

yum yum. you all are making me so hungry and i just ate!
it has been such a struggle this time to eat well.
yesterday i made a yummy carrot cake .. with applesauce and yogurt in it, so healthy, right? and i could have eaten the whole thing.
but when it comes to a meal, i have to go through many possibilities before i can think of something that sounds good. but for snacky food, i can think of a hundred things that sound good.
the other funny thing is my food aversion. our family has always been big on pizza .. and now i can't handle it. we ordered it once and it made me feel nauseous to smell it. my dh is disappointed as he loves it. but the least he can do is give up pizza for a while while i grow this babe. but i too miss the ease of a pizza night.
#21 of 37 Old 10-22-2004, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren
Great. And I want some crab ragoon so bad.
OMG I love crab rangoon, they don't even bother to ask me what I want at my local chineese place anymore. I was eating this when my water broke with dd #1.

I'm trying to stay away from sugars with this baby because my low blood sugar/migarine problem but I might have to make an exception....
#22 of 37 Old 10-23-2004, 04:20 PM

Well, I didn't get any crab ragoon yesterday, but we did have a nice dinner. We figured Chinese wasn't worth it if all I wanted was the crab ragoon. I'm looking for some recipies online to see if we can make some. YUM!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#23 of 37 Old 10-24-2004, 04:14 PM

Jesse, I can relate to being overwhelmed by the amount of food I'm supposed to be eating.

I'm way behind on weight gain but everytime I eat I feel like throwing up so it's been hard to get enough food in. I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of absolute crap that I'd never normally eat, but it's all high calorie stuff to put some weight on. Of course, non-pregnant friends have no sympathy for this situation.

One of the gals in my Moms of Multiples support group (who is 5'3" and probably weighs 90lbs holding a brick) was telling us that she put on 80lbs with her boys! All I could say was HOW? and WHERE?

Soup and the baklava sampler from Costco have been sitting well lately. Frankly, whatever doesn't make me nauseous is my favorite right now. Maybe I'll try some fish sticks .
#24 of 37 Old 10-24-2004, 04:42 PM

This isn't a real confession yet. I was in the grocery store this afternoon and soooooo wanted to buy sushi-- grocery store sushi, no less. I'm thinking I'm going to have to indulge sometime soon... but I'll make sure it's good (and worthwhile!).

(And yes, I'm in the "I have to eat *how* much?" camp too-- that's how I'll justify the no-no sushi.)
#25 of 37 Old 10-24-2004, 06:19 PM

LOL ... I had a HUGE sushi platter with dh last night SO GOOD!!! ... the only thing I don't eat is tuna (for mercury reasons rather than fishy ones). If sushi is something that you eat regualrly I have seen/read/heard no real reason to give it up ... I doubt that pregnant women in Japan avoid it.

#26 of 37 Old 10-24-2004, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue
One of the gals in my Moms of Multiples support group (who is 5'3" and probably weighs 90lbs holding a brick) was telling us that she put on 80lbs with her boys!
She meant WHILE pregnant, right?

I remember reading posts on another message board from women who said they gained 15 pounds MAX with their pregnancies. However, it turns out they started (they said) overweight. I think your body just adjusts itself appropriately!

That said, I do think it would be VERY hard to adjust to a 80 lb increase, no matter what your starting weight!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#27 of 37 Old 10-25-2004, 06:03 PM

Just jumping out of lurkdom to say that after reading this thread last night, I called dh at the store and told him to get some fish sticks, which we had for dinner last night (former veggie, and current meat phobe, though I'm trying to eat it)...

Not sure whether to thank you all or not, LOL..

That said, I'm sitting here with an incredible craving for bean dip (I think it'll have to be the frito lay kind too, though I don't know what kind of stuff is in there). This to go with my package of fritos that I bought 4 weeks ago in the throes of m/s and only able to contemplate eating it now.

Hope that doesn't send any of you to the store...
LOL

Angie, Mama to Finn (6/01) and Theo (4/05)
#28 of 37 Old 10-25-2004, 06:20 PM

Fritos *do* sound mighty yummy... (Oh- and totally OT, but your ds has my fave boy's name. My best friends when I was very little were twin boys named Finn and Blue. I pilfered Blue for my dd's middle name, but Finn just doesn't work with our last name-- bummer because I *love* it!)

I came back to officially confess to indulging in sushi. And not the vegetarian kind. Takin' a walk on the wild side. :LOL
#29 of 37 Old 10-30-2004, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Okay....... here goes.......

I had BEEF-A-RONI today for lunch... and then finished the big huge giagantic can for dinner : : It was SO GOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!! Straight out of the can, heated up, full of terrible things, ROFL.

It's my first real indulgence of terrible things (other than the fish sticks, although I've found healthy baked ones w/only 2.5g of fat & 10g of protein per serving).
#30 of 37 Old 10-30-2004, 01:57 PM

as long as we're talking about what we're eating, i'll tell you what i've been dreaming about.

first, i've become very suggestible with regards to food this pregnancy. if i see a commercial or someone is eating something on tv, or in a book, or one of you mentions something i can't stop thinking about it until i eat it too. (7-layer dip, anyone?)

second, i've had some whacky food dreams in the past few weeks. one about mexican food - cheese enchiladas, beans, rice, queso, chips!! one about a huge thin crust mushroom pizza that i ate all by myself. one about cookies with frosting on them.

last night was the most elaborate, though. i was at a friend's house. someone was grilling big, juicy burgers in the backyard. someone else (i think it was rachael ray from foodtv) was in the kitchen making a huge bowl of pasta with lots of veggies and shrimp. there was a pizza buffet, like the kind at a restaurant. and a big dessert buffet with cookies, cupcakes, and entire bowls of frosting!

soooooooooo yummy. now the problem is to decide which of those i want to hunt down and eat today!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page