april amas chat thread, sept 27-oct 4 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-07-2004, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Serenity, I'm so sorry about your nephew.

Elena, I'm with you on the names thing. I have NO idea. With DD, we had her name picked out before she was even conceived. And what was the #2 or #3 name for our state in 2003? Grace, of course. It's so funny how names come and go, isn't it? I feel that our new baby is a boy, which is kind of a problem, LOL. All I know is that his middle name will most likely be Christopher, after DH. I like James for a first name - it's my dad and grandpa's name, and it would've been mine if I'd been a boy. Boys' names are especially hard for us because there are so few that work well with our last name. I do have another girl's name picked out, though I'm having second thoughts on the first name I like. Good thing I've still got 25+ weeks to think about it and see if something comes to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 10-07-2004, 11:06 AM

Oh, Seren. I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. Your family is in my thoughts.

We also have name dilemmas. We've had a boy's name picked out since early in this pregnancy, but no real clue for girls at all. My entire family is girls, though, so our odds seem to be leaning in that direction. I can't read my own intuition about gender-- heck, I still get some mixed signals about having twins(!)-- so I don't know what to think. If it's a girl, she may go through life as Baby Girl D. I'm super-picky about girls' names in particular, and like unusual names that don't sound unusual. DD's name is Andelyn and she goes by Andie-- by my standards, that's about perfect because everybody knows how to pronounce/spell Andie, but there aren't any other Andelyns running around at her preschool. Good balance. I don't want another name starting with "A" either, which rules out some good candidates. Our leading contenders for girls right now are Josephine (family name-- my mom's favorite grandma was Mama Josie-- but I think it's getting popular) and Maria (which doesn't really fit our formula, but we like ok anyway). I'm just not getting the "that's it!" vibe from either option, though. And heck knows what we would use as a middle name.
#33 of 37 Old 10-07-2004, 09:33 PM

Well, we are heading up to Missouri tomorrow afternoon. The funeral is being held early Saturday morning at the high school. I think dn was a Senior, but am not positive. My mom is keeping the kids, since it will just be a quick trip up tomorrow and back Sat afternoon. It's a 5 hour drive and not fun with the kids. We can't afford to stay longer (sil isn't exactly up to extra people at her house) so we are coming back a few hours afterwards. We still don't know the details. And I'm trying so hard to be patient with dh. I know he's hurting. Dn is only about 10 years younger than him, so they were kinda close. So he's getting angry about everything and taking it out on my and a bit on the kids. I'm really trying to understand. And I keep reminding him that I know he's in pain, but he needs to not take it out on us. This all still feels like a bad dream. Dh and I were talking and I know this is hard on his siter and her second oldest boy, as the brothers were really close, but the one that makes me cry the most is her 4 year old son. He's just too little to understand and he was also very close to his brother. Oh geez, I don't know if I am going to make it through this weekend either.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#34 of 37 Old 10-08-2004, 12:44 PM

Oh, Seren. Will be thinking of you and yours this weekend.
#35 of 37 Old 10-08-2004, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Serenity
My thoughts are with you, your dh, his sis and family. Take care...
#36 of 37 Old 10-08-2004, 03:13 PM

Seren, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thought are with you.

As for names, this has been my first order of buisness for both PGs. I can't seem to relax about the rest of the pg until dh and I have this settled. I feel that names really shape who we are and also that they should be derived from family roots to carry on the legacy of beloved family members.

A boy will have dh's name because this will be the fourth child in his family to have this name. I'm gonna feel like a total redneck calling my boy Junior but Dh's Dad is John and he is Johnny so we're kind of out of other options. (DH is a redneck and doesn't mind this a bit, lol.)

For a girl we've decided Michelle Edith. Michelle feels like a very warm and loving person to me and Edith was the name of my great grandmother who passed away a few years ago.
#37 of 37 Old 10-10-2004, 09:54 PM

I am an April mom to be who hasn't posted here in a while- got all absorbed in "new threads!"

Seren- my prayers are with you and their family.

NatashaCat-
You can call your son Jack like JFK- he was a John. And I like Jack!

I think we are gonna go with Matthew William for a boy- at our last US they were pretty sure they saw boy parts, and the day I found out I was pregnant I "knew" it was a boy, so that is the name we have been thinking about. That is after our brothers and my father.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page