april amas chat thread, sept 27-oct 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2004, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thought i'd start off the week (ok, a coupla days late) with a great big hurrah for serenity's nephew! home at last. and <--cause i wish i could have some. sound like she even thinks maybe little guy is going to train his mom to co-sleep.

so how are the rest of us? feeling better i hope. today i've had an awful case of the grumpies, but am feeling in better spirits now. wow, it is so frustrating wanting to do stuff but being too sick to do it. i am pulling my hair out around here. HOWEVER, i had an awful miscarriage dream last night and all of a sudden i am not so ambivalent about this pregnancy, suddenly i really want this babe to stick. i am finally beginning to gain back all the wieght i lost, and i think even though my jeans are still saggy on my butt, the belly seems to be snugging up nicely. maybe just bloat, but a girl can hope.

jesse has promised to do her best to get us a side view of that fabulous belly, please give a shout when you get one, jesse.

so how about a question of the week? i'll shoot: one of my first pregnancy symptoms is always super vivid dreams. some of them i cant share but lots are just weird. what about you? what pregnacy induced dreams have you had so far? i cant think of wich one to share right now, but i'll post as soon as it comes to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2004, 11:41 PM

I have crazy ones all the time! One wsa that my mom and i went for a want through this shopping district (where, i dont know!) and all of the consignment stores where closed and empty, a furniture one, kids, and women's clothes. And the antique store had been turned into a victorian museum, with all these mannequins dressed in vintsage clothes from the closed store, sitting around tables, like a tea shop, with china place settings. As we went up to peer in the window, I realized the mannequins were actually women posing!

:
Old 09-29-2004, 11:52 PM

Dreams! Oh man, I had some crazy ones when I was pregnant with DD. This time, my sleep is interrupted so regularly, I don't have or remember as many. The ones I do remember are usually sex dreams but I did have one a few weeks ago - I dreamed I gave birth in the house where I grew up. On a mattress in the kitchen. Nobody else around as far as I remember. The baby was a boy and he had two teeth already - two of his top front ones. I took him and showed him to my dad at some point - "Look, he has teeth!"

Weird.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:32 AM

Oh yeah, I just remembered I dreamed I had twins, and they were laying on the bed next to me (on this huge 4 poster bed) and I was trying to figure out how to pick them both up and still be able to support their heads! :
Old 09-30-2004, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for starting this thread sunbaby

As for the side shot, I swear I'll post it soon...maybe I'll ask my wife to post it today b/c she's home.

I'm really starting to feel better and better...more good days than bad...I had a burst of nesting type energy last night (oddly enough, after caving in for my craving for a root beer! in fact I felt so good after having it I 2x checked the A&W website to make sure it had no caffeine : ) So I totally cleaned up the downstairs of our house...including washing walls!!?? and made a nice dinner for Beth who had a hockey tryout last night. It felt good, and despite still sleeping badly (I almost always wake up having to pee around 3-4 and stay awake for 1-2 hours) I am feeling generally more energetic today. Last night was my very last night of taking progesterone vaginal suppositories....and let me tell you I am THRILLED to be done with those! And also glad to be moving more out of m/c risk zone too....

Of course after doing that cleaning and carrying a dozen cobs of corn home from the market yesterday, my back is killing me! Ah well....

Great dreams you have all shared! Weirdly, I haven't been having as many weird dreams that I've been remembering, in any case...last time I was pg I had more. Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep or not remembering them....

time to end this novel!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:51 PM

Excellent question
Yup i'm having crazy dreams. Oddy many of them involve me just going off and yelling at people.

Last night I dreamed that someone driving through a parking lot backed up without looking and almost ran over dd #1. In the dream when the lady got out of her car, I figuratively "ripped her a new one." Swearing and yelling like you wouldn't believe until she ran way.

In IRL I've been kinda PO'ed at my gym's daycare for letting the toddlers watch TV, I guess I've got some pent up anger issues.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:37 PM

Hi Everyone...
This is Beth, Wan2bemama's wife. I've been lurking around MDC for ages and they finally made me sign up for a profile... I was wondering if you'd let me join the group too (Jesse said it would be okay with her... Hi Jes!) there aren't really any good groups for the non-pregnant wives of pregnant lesbian women out there (go figure!)

I just want to assure you, Jes really does have a GREAT little belly going on and that she's doing a faboulous job coping with feeling icky and while I'd LOVE to post a side shot of Jes on our baby web page, I can't figure out how to do it so you'll have to wait until she gets home (and how do I get a cool signature like you guys all have?!?)

on the topic of the week... I keep dreaming that I'm going to drop the baby when I try to catch it when Jes is in labour and then she's really mad at me cause I can't find the baby. I know I'm not supposed to be dreaming but I think the pregnancy vibes going on are affecting me too...

Hope you'll all let me play! (I'm really nice! I promise!)
--Beth

ps- Jes, you washed the walls? i'm going to have to go look at them! sorry I missed it! That's SOOOO impressive!
Old 09-30-2004, 06:29 PM

Beth- Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Glad you have joined us and we will look forward to hearing from both of you as we all progress. I do have a question for you and Jes, if its not too personal - if it is just say so! How did you guys decide who would carry the baby?

Beth, if you click on "UserCP" on the left hand side of the tool bar, you will see a thing on the left nav bar that says "Edit Signature" and you can create yours.

As far as dreams go, I have not had any out-of-the-ordinary ones, but I'm curious to see if I have my recurring dream during pregnancy and how it is different. For the last 10-12 years I've had a recurring dream (once every 6-9 months or so) about being on an airplane that has a serious problem. We all think that we are going to crash, but somehow the plane always lands safely, usually on a freeway or just a regular street somewhere, and then the pilot just "drives" us to the airport. Some of them have been in bizarre locations, and there are usually several people on the plane that I know, and most times my husband is with me. Weird, huh?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:06 PM

YAY! Welcome, Beth! I fully support you coming to play and am happy to see you here!

Dreams: Yeah, I've had some doozies. Normally, I don't remember my dreams, but lately I have been waking up remembering my dreams perfectly. Last night I dreamed about going to a hotel, which turned out to be hosting the AMAs (American Music Awards). I was unable to find my hotel room because layout was soooo confusing. I ran into the Osbornes but didn't really pay too much attention to them but got "bumped" (shoved really) by one of their body guards or friends b/c I was too close or something. I also remember going up an elevator and getting off balance and not being able to stand up b/c it felt like the whole world was moving around (kind of like a soft rolling earthquake). No one else seemed to take notice of the fact the earth was moving and I couldn't stand up straight! LOL. I'll stop rambling now!

Would love to hear more stories!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 PM

Speedknitter! I've had that dream before!! It was when I was pg with our ds. I was so scared we were going to crash: divebombing down out of the sky, pulling up just in time, just missing powerlines, squeaking between buildings, just missing hills, and then somehow miraculously landing on a street or highway. Then the pilot drove us to the airport. How funny! I'm glad to see someone else has/d this dream. I've never had a fear of flying and I've only had it once, so who knows where this one came from for me...!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:58 PM

welcome beth.

wan2be -- sorry to hear about your sleeping problem. i had the same thing happening to me several weeks ago. dd would wake up around 3am and i'd stay awake for 1-2 hours. we brought dd to bed with us and the problem has lessened significantly. though dh keeps joking about where is he going to sleep when the new baby comes. :LOL

i've been having a lot of bizarre dreams. fewer since i started sleeping better. but last night i had a dream i was on a bus to headed to canada. my whole family was on the bus (my dad, mom, sister, brother, husband, and dd). also on the bus was my former boss. we were crossing the border coming home and i realized i didn't have dd's birth certificate or any id for myself. i don't know what happened after that though. but i woke up stressed.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:17 PM

Yay, Beth has come out of lurkdom. I saw your name at the bottom of the screen (the who's in this forum place) a couple of times and figured you must be the other mama. Glad you've officially joined the group.

Dreams: Many, many, many weird dreams this pregnancy. I think I already mentioned the one where I had a boy that everyone insisted was a girl and named "Gladys" without getting my opinion first. Then, there are the strange series of having-sex-with-men-I-would-never-have-sex-with-dreams (high school teachers, smarmy characters from old tv shows, classmates from high school... reallllly random). I wish if I was having sex dreams, they'd at least be about people I found attractive!

My latest and greatest weird dream was one of those college exam flashback dreams. I was sitting with the class (taking physics- eek!) in this huge lecture hall (from my law school- huh?). The prof, who though he was really cool, decided to play a really loud movie during the exam. I couldn't concentrate at all, so I left the room and took the test in the hallway. I ended up running out of time and being pretty sure I failed the test. Not all that unusual, huh? Well, here's the kicker. The test was written on this HUGE (eggplant-sized) zucchini. I'm pretty sure everybody had a zucchini. But somehow, when I left the room, I forgot that we weren't supposed to write our answers on the zucchini. So I tried to smoosh everything on there and it was just awful. Plus, my pen (a ballpoint) didn't always write well on the test zucchini because it was kind-of wet and, well, vegetably. It was all terribly upsetting. When time was up and I realized my mistake, I tried desparately to come up with a way to convince the prof to let me transfer my answers to paper (also hoping I could cheat and get some more information down). Ummmm... random!

Bonus points for anyone who read that whole dream. Triple bonus points if you have any earthly clue what it means!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:30 PM

:

wow, crat19 that is freaky our dreams are so similar. I can't connect it to anything and I've never really had a bad experience flying and am not afraid of flying either.

I'm still having sleeping problems too, but I've found that if I just give into it and get up and read or watch TV for a little while then I can fall back asleep. I try not to disturb dh, but the doggies are always good for a cuddle in the middle of the night..they are so sweet.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

stream, your zuccini dream cracked me up. that is hysterical.

must be something about zuccinis in the air- a few weeks ago a little kitten came into our garden looking for help. when i told dd what i was thinking of naming him, she said very decidedly and without hesitation, "no. his name is Zuccini." of course, now he is very clearly her kitten. her kitten named zuccini.

:, beth.

warning, TMI ahead. i cant believe that outa all the dreams i've been having i cant think of a good one to share. the only one that pops right to mind, i cant say much about, except that i was a man. dont know what the heck that's supposed to mean. especially when i am at the height of my femaleness, right? ok, enough said.

the recurring dream i had when i was pregnant with dd was that she came out my womb with the abilities of a four or five year old. and on one hand i was all proud, like, yes, my child is a prodigy. but then all of a sudden grief would strike me, feeling whoa, wait a minute, i cant remember her babyhood. i dont even remember her birth. i want a real BABY!

but by far the best dream ever was when i was getting really impatient and big near dd's due date, and i just wanted to meet her so badly i felt i'd explode when i dreamed that: my baby was still in my belly, but i could see him/her very clearly- every detail of the face just by looking down at my belly. and baby and i were exchanging meaningful looks and tender eye contact, and we were communicating. even though everyone else who looked at my belly just saw my big ole belly.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:08 PM

Hi everyone,
thanks for the warm welcome (and the instructions on how to get a sig line. I LOVE the available smilies! I might have to change my sig often just to have fun using them! They just need a hockey playing one... !)

Speedknitter, your question about how we decided who would carry our child made me laugh... you have no idea how many times we get asked this! in fact it's usually the first question i get after i tell someone that Jesse's pregnant (even before, when is she due and do you want a girl or a boy) It was actually a very easy decision for us. Jes really wanted to be pregnant and I was really happy for her to have our first child! there really wasn't any conflict. When we have our second I'll most likely carry.

Anyway, I hope you are all having great days not feeling sick! I'm in teachers college this year and have Thursdays and Fridays off so am currently 'reading' one of my course books by listening to it on tape (the hard copy was checked out at the library and i'm too cheap to pay for my own copy since we'll only need it for 3 classes) and doing housework. somehow the internet seems more fun
Old 10-01-2004, 09:40 PM

Hi everyone!
Thanks for giving such a warm welcome to my wonderful wife! she's very sweet!

I have finally updated the belly shots (see link below), and there is a BIT of a side belly there

the dreams are great...after reading about them I finally had my first pg related dreamas that I can remember. Both were anxiety dreams about labour!

In the first one, I was approaching my due date, but didn't feel ready... I hadn't done yoga, I hadn't gone to any classes, and I hadn't even read any good books. So I snuck into this huge public library late at night, and turned on the light, and filling the whole room were lots & lots of women, some pg and some not, doing yoga, all being led by MY midwife! I felt very much like I had done something wrong, both in interrupting and in being completely unprepared!

I also had a rather scary dream...I was labouring at home with Beth & my midwife's support, and all was going well, and then I went to push and what came out but a foot rather than the head! The midwife looked very concerned & said we would have to go to the hospital....

Meanwhile, I've still got LOTS of time to get ready! Our first mw appointment is on Monday, and I can't wait! I'm looking forward to being less tired, soon...as I'm not getting much work done and our strike is getting closer...

I'm off to visit my sister this weekend, so have a great weekend everyone

(ETA: Seren, I'm so glad to hear your nephew is okay )
Old 10-02-2004, 05:32 AM

Welcome Beth! It's nice to have partners involved in this too!

Jesse, you have a cute little tummy!

Seren, I'm so glad your nephew is home! I hope he's doing great with nursing and that his mama realizes how much he needs to be close to her at all times right now. Co-sleeping isn't for everyone, but many babies really do need it.

All the dreams are interesting to read about. Especially the plane crash ones and the ones where you're at the end of pregnancy and totally unprepared. I had the unprepared ones last time, and I'm sure we will again... especially since we're birthing at home and there'll be supplies to buy and a pool to rent and set up, etc. I'll just have to be organized. *Snort* That's realistic.

We've been agonizing over what kind of car to get for a while. When I was pg with DD, we bought a Saturn SL2, which is barely big enough for one rear-facing carseat (what WERE we thinking? ). It's been pretty obvious for a while that we'd need to buy something different before the next baby. Since we use Britax carseats, which are huge, our choices are quite limited. Most vehicles don't have enough space in the backseat for a rear-facing Britax Marathon in the outboard positions, and also don't have enough room for THREE carseats (we're still undecided about having more than two kids). So it was looking like it was time for a minivan. I can't tell you how much this pains me... I learned to drive in a minivan and I hated it. We've always driven little, fuel-efficient cars with stick shifts. Minivans don't come with manual transmissions. *sigh* Well, we went looking at used cars Thursday and found that they charge a ton for used minivans (almost $10k for a '97 Caravan with 130k miles! : ) so we decided to look at new, despite our insistence on buying used. We ended up with a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT, and it's so nice. It's got LATCH, so putting DD's carseat in is a SNAP. It's comfy, I can actually see on the road with all the SUVs, and it's got a great sound system. Our payments on it are about $0.50 more than our Saturn payments, so it fits into our budget well enough. I just feel like I've sold my soul to the devil :LOL After all the nasty things I've thought about minivans and some of the people who drive them, I went and bought one. I think we'll be driving it for years to come, though. I just hope it's as good to us as our little cars have been. I did feel bad trading in our little red car though... it was our first new car and it was SO good in the winter. But things change, such is life.

Yes, I'm up at 2:30, wide awake and chatty. I love pregnancy! My DH on the other hand... he's not so hot on it tonight. :LOL
Old 10-04-2004, 06:50 PM

We're not telling non-e-friends or family until he's born, though. I just HAD to tell someone!!! I was totally shocked that we found out today. I'm having a BOOOOOOOYYYYY!!!!! Yipeeeeee!!!!!

Gina

Mama to Grace (8/1/03), Landon (4/7/05) and.......1sttri.gif

intactlact.gif hbac.gif

Old 10-04-2004, 07:12 PM

Gosh, I totally missed this thread. Thanks for all the thoughts on my nephew. He's doing so well. NUrsing isn't going great. I'm going to buy some medicine for my sister to help with her milk production, but it's expensive, so I'm only going to do it if she is absolutely commited to reestablishing her supply.

Welcome Beth! It's great to see you here!

I had my first midwife appointment last Friday. It was pretty horrible. I did get to see my favorite midwife. There was only one in the practice when I had my ds, but they have a new one now. SHe's very skinny and isn't very nice about my weight. Anyways, I couldn't get my pap done (gee, too bad) because the paperwork has changed and the receptionist was out of town. My midwife, Anita, didn't want to mess it up and me have to have another. She stuck me three times trying to get blood, but I was too dehydrated. Now I have a huge bruise in my arm. And it hurts. And we couldn't hear the baby heartbeat. We heard it a bit, but I am quite overweight so it's harder. And my heartbeat is very fast, over 100, and it was loud, so that made it harder to hear baby. So I go back the 18, to try to do all of that again.

And since I didn't have a period after the miscarriage and wasn't charting since I didn't think I would get pregnant using condoms (although I did once before, too) we really don't know when I'm due. Not until the ultrasound around 20 weeks, which in our estimate is in 8 weeks. SO FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreams, not many this time. With my last pregnancy I had the most horrible dream. It was right after I found out i was pregnant, so about 6 weeks. I had a dream that dh had died. It was so real that I woke up crying. I was turned away from him and wasn't touching his body, we were each cuddled up with a child, and I thought it was real. I was seriously shocked when I rolled over and he was still there. Oh, it was awful!!!!!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Old 10-04-2004, 07:32 PM

Gina-- Congrats! Very exciting! Remind me-- did you have CVS testing or something? It seems so early to find out. Woo-hoo!!

Seren-- Glad nephew is doing a little better. And what a creepy dream... glad you haven't had any of that variety this time around. I remember dreaming that my dad had died when I was in high school (he's still alive, btw), and waking up and not even being sad-- just taking it as a reality, it was that real. Strange.

Crapola day at work today. Some bad writing is on the wall-- without getting into details, I have a 30 day ultimatum. If I can't meet the target they've set, my "employment will be terminated." Super!
Old 10-04-2004, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

jessiekate, i hear you on the car issue. i also prefer britax, though i havent gotten a second seat, i just dont know if i can get one secured properly in one of the side positions in our old volvo sedan. we only ever put dd in the middle. i guess we'll tackle that when it comes closer. and i know how funny it is to drive a car you previously dissed, now and then when my car breaks, FIL lones us his SUV, and i feel very silly. its vain i know, but i have been know to park around the corner from our local co op grocery so no one will see me getting in and out of the gas guzzler.

yes, gina that is so exciting how DID you know? and how on earth will you keep that secret? i never could.
i cant wait to know if i am having a boy or girl, i'd love to experience a boy, but then a pair of girls would be so fun too. and if lil sis is way different than dd, no one can say 'its a gender difference', because oh, that drives me batty, and i know i will hear it lots if i have a boy. who else is gonna find out? who's going to let it be surprise?

sorry to hear about your job stream. gee, that's really stress you need.

still keeping you nephew in my thoughts seren. sorry your appointment was so bad.

jesse, i cant wait to hear about your midwife appt, do post soon. thanks for the side view. looking great.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:11 AM

I'm back! Had a rather stressful weekend with my mother and sister : which is too bad, definitely exaggerated by the fact that my mother preferred to make a pg lady sleep on the floor than stay in a hotel that would have been billed to her office, where she stayed the night before! (my sis just moved into her new place and doesn't have any furniture). Despite my clear request that I wanted & needed to be on a mattress, we all still ended up on the floor because my mom & sis are too frugal (cheap!) I'm all for voluntary simplicity, but really!! Rant over.

We saw our midwife yesterday. Good to see her, we like her...the student midwife mostly dealt with us and she is very sweet but it was a bit dissapointing...good reminder that we need to get to know other midwives in the practice too. Couldn't hear the heartbeat but at only 12w4d I'm not surprised, plus I'm not super skinny which is supposed to make it harder. We'll try again at our next visit in 4 weeks. It's also kinda weird to go from super monitored & medicalized conception to super laid back, hands off midwife. I prefer the latter, but it's still an adjustment, kwim?

Thanks for the belly compliment, sunbaby

I'm on training at work for the next few days so my computer access is sadly restricted... I'm sleeping a bit better (since the floor incident ) and did wake up at 5 am today, but after sleeping a solid 7 hours!

Jessikate--good info about your car challenges. We have a very small fuel-efficient car that we strongly hope will work well for our new little bean, but I can see how it won't work for more than one. (we're already unsure about lack of space). Glad you found something that works for you!

Stream about your work troubles!!! What horrible timing! And what extra pressure on you not to spill the beans (unless they already know). I hope it is resolved quickly with minimum stress for you.

Seren-so glad your little nephew is getting better!

Gina : congrats to you! How exciting!!

'talk' to you all again soon.

eta: I think I might be feeling some little flutterings...it certainly woke me up this morning as I was lying there thinking could this be? could this be? Not sure....but maybe....
Old 10-05-2004, 11:00 AM

It was just an u/s. I'm 14.5 weeks and when she looked, he was spread-eagle letting it all hang out. She isn't allowed to say that she is 100%, but we'll get a more advanced view at next months u/s when I'm 20 weeks. I had to have several u/s because of bleeding/cramping early on, so I asked if she could tell and she said yes!

Gina

Mama to Grace (8/1/03), Landon (4/7/05) and.......1sttri.gif

intactlact.gif hbac.gif

Old 10-05-2004, 05:21 PM

Its funny this I should find this thread today because I woke up this morning after a night filled with romantic dreams about a boyfriend I had when I was 16! I dreamed about him yesterday during my nap also! I have no idea what it means, but I had to laugh this morning. Maybe this is a hint that DH and I need some more "alone" time together which is hard to do with busy schedules, morning sickness and a toddler!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:33 PM

Is anyone else dead tired all the time? I go to bed around 11, 11:30, rarely sometimes earlier, and sleep great until 4:30 then I toss and turn for a while, then ds wakes up and doesn't go right back to sleep. He sleeps in his crib from bedtime until sometime after 4:30, then he comes to our bed. Usually he can't decide who he wants, me or dh. So the last few nights my wonderful dh has taken him to the couch so that I could get some more sleep. He's so great. He has to get up early and work, but still thinks of me at night.

So last night we had one of those nights and ds actually slept through dh's alarm. He was out good. And I had to get up, wake my kids up, and take dh to work so my sister could take her baby to the dr. Why am I such a doormat for my family? Instead of my mom getting up at six to take my dad to work, I got up at 7, woke both my kids up, when they would have slept at least an hour and a half longer. Because I cna't say no. Grr... Okay, rant over.

Because I'm so tired, I am not being a good mommy. I yelled at dd (3) because she pooped in her pants. She told me she had to go poop, but I was using the other bathroom and couldn't exactly stop. I told her to go use hers, which she can and does do by herself all the time. But she didn't, she pooped in her pants. I yelled at her. I hate it. And I made her cry. I feel like a horrible mommy.

So aside from all this today, I'm constantly tired. I take a nap almost every day and I'm still tired. I get so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. Dh is buying me some chlorphyl tomorrow to boost my iron, hopefully that will help. But is anyone else this tired? Is it just me?

Old 10-06-2004, 05:57 PM

Me! I'm tired! I'm sleeping as much as my 3 yr.-old dd these days, and not spending my days running around at warp speed. I don't know how she manages.

More comments today that I've "really popped." I don't know about that, but I was pleasantly surprised to hop on the scale last night and be up 2.5 lbs. from my m/s low. So hopefully I'm headed in the right direction now- yahoo! I have no real issue with pregnancy weight-- I'd like to gain as much as I need to to keep this little bean happy and healthy. I was lucky last time around that a year post-partum I was significantly under my pre-pregnancy weight-- hoping for a repeat of that pattern! In any case, the higher number on the scale was a happy thing.

Are any of you getting flu shots? Pregnant women are on the recommended list, so they are still available to us. But... I dunno. I had the flu really badly once (when I was bf'ing dd at about 6 months old) and since then have gotten the shot religiously. But the idea of willfully injecting myself with mercury when I'm not even eating tuna (fercryinoutloud!) is a little... off. I talked to my MW about it and she said the CDC recommends it, but that it's ultimately my choice. If I were to get pneumonia or have a high fever for a long time, there would be a significant risk of early delivery (*too* early), so that's the risk I have to balance. Do you all have any thoughts on that? Before talking to her, I was deadset against it, now I'm thinking I might go ahead and do it, but wait until I'm 18 weeks or so (the later in the pregnancy, the more comfortable I am with it-- I wouldn't ever do it in first trimester).
Old 10-07-2004, 12:01 AM

Tired here, too. Seren, I'm with you on suspecting low iron. I didn't know about chlorophyll for upping your iron level... I'll have to look for some. I've been falling asleep while putting DD to bed almost every night lately. That's great, except I usually wake up a couple hours later and have a hard time getting back to sleep. No fun. I'm usually dog tired in the morning when she wakes up, too.

I'm not getting the flu shot. I've always looked at it as a real crapshoot. Aside from the mercury issue, they can only guess at which strain of flu will be the big one in a given year. There's no guarantee that you'll actually be protected from whatever strain is going around, the way I look at it. Besides, I haven't had the flu since middle school and I'm not really worried about it.

It was gorgeous here today - mid 70s and sunny. And what did we do? Slept all afternoon, and it was lovely. We've got all the windows open now and it's so nice in here. I'll miss having the windows open.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:05 AM

Ok, will probably be MIA for a bit. We just got a call that dh's 18 year old nephew was killed in a car accident tonight. We will probably be going to Missouri soon. Check back when I can.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:58 AM

Seren! I'm so sorry to hear of you and your family's loss. Our thoughts are with you during this very difficult time. Peace be with all of you.

Yep, have been quite exhausted lately. I have also been battling some nasty headaches lately too. Unfortunately I haven't really had much of a chance to nap. Although, I did get a short nap in the other day with ds when I was telecommuting from home. I figured it counted as my lunch hour. We've also been working really hard on a big home project that includes laying a large cobblestone patio and landscaping. It's going slowly and my dh works on it religiously, and I pitch in when I can after work and on the weekends. It's a day off for both of us when he's on shift. Now we're gearing up for another long weekend of finishing up the project. I'm hoping to have earned some energy back to help with the project. It will be great for our ds and 2 doggies once it's done - safe, clean and organized!

I've never had the flu shot and am not planning on getting one this year. I considered it briefly during my last pg, but then ended up not getting it. I rarely get the flu and am pretty much in the same mindset as jessikate. Although I can understand and support others' need or desire to have one for their protection, especially if they're prone to getting the flu.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:20 AM

Hi, mamas! Long time no see!

I don't have time to write to everyone, but I have read everyone's news! And Seren, I am deeply sorry about your nephew. How tragic! My thoughts and prayers are with your family tonight.

Nothing new with PG . . .I have a vow of zero complaints because hanging out at the TTC board made me eternally grateful to be pregnant at all, so I don't feel right about complaining about it!!!

The only thing I'm worried about is a name. Is that dumb? I was SO sure about DD's name (Fiona) since, well, forever. (OK, if you count 7th/8th grade as forever). I even named my harp Fiona long ago, but knew it would be for a girl if I had one someday. Anyway, right when I was PG, guess which movie come out? SHREEEEEEEEEEK. Groan, groan. I feel like a name is incredibly important, and I have no idea where to begin. I've looked at lists, family names, but I have no clue. There was no #2 name for Fiona (Fiona was always first choice).

Oh, and the reason I'm only thinking of a girl's name is because DH thinks that's what it is. So far, he's not been wrong about guessing any family/friend's baby's gender (it's creepy).

Oh well . . .if that's all there is to worry about . . .I have it easy!

'Night ladies!!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

User Tag List