Face Moisturizer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-30-2004, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, my body is definitely weird. I'm usually acne queen, even at almost 30, and pregnancy is supposed to make you breakout but it has made me have an extremely dry and itchy face! Since I have never had to use moisturizer in my life, I'm looking for suggestions. I'd prefer something more natural less chemicals (because I'm hyper careful about medicines/chemicals and the baby, even if they say they're safe I'd rather avoid them if I can) and not too expensive and available in a brick and mortar store. Anyone know of something that fits the bill?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2004, 09:19 PM

whats a brick and mortar store? i have lots of need for moisturizer all the time, so i might be able to help. first suggestion is, what are you washing with? because if you are using something strong and or astringent you'll want to cut it out for now. just water is best, although i get really gross dirt around the horses so occasionally i use something extremely mild.
#3 of 4 Old 09-30-2004, 09:24 PM

Cocoa butter. Sesame oil. Olive Oil. Shea Butter. Almond Oil. Those oils will not clog your pores and cause breakouts. Your skin will readily absorb them and they shouldn't cause acne in the least bit.
I use this one but it's usually only available at health food stores. It's widely available online though: Earth Science brand Almond Aloe Facial Moisturizer (fragrance free)
#4 of 4 Old 10-01-2004, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions - keep them coming!

Sunbaby - Brick and mortar means non-Internet store, one that you can actually go to. Since I got pregnant I've cut out soap for my face but I have been using Cetaphil because it is supposed to be milder and good for sensitive skin, which I knew would probably happen since my skin did this when I m/c'ed last time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page